Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) So I may Get another Ban... (Read 8301 times)
Razcar
Dragon Raider

Jag Älskar Drama!

Re: So I may Get another Ban...
Reply #25 - Feb 2nd, 2011 at 10:37am
Print Post  
Hordo wrote on Feb 2nd, 2011 at 9:56am:
I understand the successor can usurp...
Question: Can't you name another character - on the same account as the character who is set as leader - as successor? Or is there a check which prevents this? Otherwise it would add some days before the possibility to usurp goes to the the officers.

IP Logged

Kistilan
BANNED

Khyber vs Argo - Go!

Reply #26 - Feb 2nd, 2011 at 11:00am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Feb 2nd, 2011 at 10:20am:
http://my.ddo.com/codeshaper/2011/01/31/the-shape-of-the-code-silence/

Read post #25 now.

It seems there’s a low awareness to this, so I’ll mention it here: please note if you’re in a guild currently that it was already possible for your guild to be usurped by the successor after 2 weeks of inactivity by the leader. There are some cases where there was some broken functionality for the successor. -Tolero

This is true.  My guild has had the option to ursup from Kist/Thet several times over the last 5 years due to military or simply me levelling another alternate character.

However, I don't have a dooshbag Successor so he only does it when I ask him to.  Actually I asked him to when I went to Iraq and he refused and just let it ride.  So that brings the question to this new system...

Isn't it a little to fast on giving the reigns to freak'n non-officer members?

In a time of war this might be a good thing (a Code of Conduct for a Video Game world if you will), but that would have to be a very special event in DDO and the Guild Leader Position would have to mean something (for instance, Guilds flying an epic fight in the air with airships and requires Leader/Successor in order to operate -- both MIA).  If this was the case, the need for a member to take the reigns would be supreme after x-days.

But.... I'm a believer in the hierarchy and have steadily climbed a ladder in a real military from enlisted to officer.  I believe that good leaders do not place officers lightly in their ranks.  The new ursup mechanism should not enable standard members to take over a guild so quickly -- especially if the guild level is incredibly high.

Function should rewrite like this:

Successor:  Take guild over at .35 days * Guild Level.
Officers:     Take guild over at .7 days * Guild Level + 2 weeks.
Members:     Take guild over at 1 day * Guild Level + 2 weeks. (Highest level guilds where this matters most take longest to be taken over by a standard member)
« Last Edit: Feb 2nd, 2011 at 11:02am by Kistilan »  

-K¥§ťì£æñ- of Relics of the Last War
In Musk, we Trust
IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #27 - Feb 2nd, 2011 at 11:09am
Print Post  
Razcar wrote on Feb 2nd, 2011 at 10:37am:
Question: Can't you name another character - on the same account as the character who is set as leader - as successor? Or is there a check which prevents this? Otherwise it would add some days before the possibility to usurp goes to the the officers.

Yes, if you know of your intentions not to be on that toon ahead of time.  I've done this many times, and even changed leadership among my accounts, but the basic problem is NOT that the successor can usurp, nor even the officers, but that a newly invited member can, if invited at the "right" time, log on and hit a fucking button and wham bam thank you ma'am you have a new guild leader with no chance of return.

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

tico
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Feb 2nd, 2011 at 11:49am
Print Post  
Hordo wrote on Feb 1st, 2011 at 7:08pm:
...so hit me with your greenis while you can.
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=3566399#post3566399

tolero keeps deleting my posts Sad

Come on folks its easy

IP Logged

tico
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Feb 2nd, 2011 at 11:51am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Feb 2nd, 2011 at 10:20am:
http://my.ddo.com/codeshaper/2011/01/31/the-shape-of-the-code-silence/

Read post #25 now.

It seems there’s a low awareness to this, so I’ll mention it here: please note if you’re in a guild currently that it was already possible for your guild to be usurped by the successor after 2 weeks of inactivity by the leader. There are some cases where there was some broken functionality for the successor. -Tolero

this is what i don't understand..why not Fix whats broken b4 adding more code that may or may not work as intended

Come on folks its easy

IP Logged

Zippo
Hooters

Ooooh what's this button
do?

Reply #30 - Feb 2nd, 2011 at 11:54am
Print Post  
Hordo wrote on Feb 2nd, 2011 at 10:03am:
Oh, and thanks so much for those of you who did +Rep me...it has ALMOST equalled the amount of -Rep I've received.

So, if any of you -Repped me, have the balls to say so to my face and don't fucking stealth nuke me you two-faced shit-eating bastards.

Well it wasn't me, I'm still on timer from the last time I negged you  Tongue. I kid I kid. But I am on timer though.

IP Logged

tico
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Feb 2nd, 2011 at 11:59am
Print Post  
Flint wrote on Feb 2nd, 2011 at 9:38am:
Not for nothing but if someone usurped Loreseekers I wouldn't want to see the NUKING that would happen. And I'm not talking about a Hordo nuking, I'm thinking the officers. Anyone who did it would have to have some serious family jewels. And that is why I am so against members being able to do it because I can 100% (unless I got a bad read on any of the officers) say NOT ONE OFFICER is usurping if it got to the point they could. Members on the other hand I can't be so sure.

star please.

Come on folks its easy

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #32 - Feb 2nd, 2011 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
tico wrote on Feb 2nd, 2011 at 11:51am:
this is what i don't understand..why not Fix whats broken b4 adding more code that may or may not work as intended

Because it's Turbine...that's how they do everything.  They re-act and then rush some shit out rather then be proactive .  They put in guild ships and renown but never bothered to think through all the ramifications of tying up real dollars in ships, amenities, renown, and such.

So now they rush out a half assed solution without really thinking it through...

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

tico
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Feb 2nd, 2011 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
Zippo wrote on Feb 2nd, 2011 at 11:54am:
Well it wasn't me, I'm still on timer from the last time I negged you  Tongue. I kid I kid. But I am on timer though.

your off the hook..he thinks it was me...

Come on folks its easy

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #34 - Feb 2nd, 2011 at 12:16pm
Print Post  
tico wrote on Feb 2nd, 2011 at 12:05pm:
your off the hook..he thinks it was me...

That's why I'm going to wait till your asleep and then let the beagle into your room...

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

Kistilan
BANNED

Khyber vs Argo - Go!

Reply #35 - Feb 2nd, 2011 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
Hordo wrote on Feb 2nd, 2011 at 11:09am:
Yes, if you know of your intentions not to be on that toon ahead of time.  I've done this many times, and even changed leadership among my accounts, but the basic problem is NOT that the successor can usurp, nor even the officers, but that a newly invited member can, if invited at the "right" time, log on and hit a fucking button and wham bam thank you ma'am you have a new guild leader with no chance of return.

My wife's got your back on this one at the O-Forms.  User name is stainer and can rep -- anonymous purchases ftw via TP cards!  Hit me up via PM for details on stainer.

The Keep Loyal Feature plus the selective process Tolero just mentioned that they *might* be able to code (succession permission at guild ranking and then Time in Service -- longest gets option first before new recruit) would fix the perfect storm from happening to an all but dead guild.
« Last Edit: Feb 4th, 2011 at 1:12pm by Kistilan »  

-K¥§ťì£æñ- of Relics of the Last War
In Musk, we Trust
IP Logged

delicious.crab
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Feb 2nd, 2011 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
Hmm, looks like they're settling for giving only the successor to usurp...
http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=3568108&postcount=242

as an officer in a currently headless guild, can't say I'm thrilled. But I understand people's concerns about usurpation.
« Last Edit: Feb 2nd, 2011 at 4:20pm by delicious.crab »  

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #37 - Feb 2nd, 2011 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
Fuckin' retarded.  That's it.

Oh! Time for another epic raid...adios.

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #38 - Feb 2nd, 2011 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
Hordo wrote on Feb 1st, 2011 at 7:08pm:
...so hit me with your greenis while you can.
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=3566399#post3566399

Noted and given...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint