Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) So I may Get another Ban... (Read 8277 times)
Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

So I may Get another Ban...
Feb 1st, 2011 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
...so hit me with your greenis while you can.
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=3566399#post3566399

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Re: So I may Get another Ban...
Reply #1 - Feb 1st, 2011 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
I got ya Hordo.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #2 - Feb 1st, 2011 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
TYVM...

Oh, did I mention I Neg Repped him first  Wink

Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

Gornn
Horoluth Raider

Cracker Fiend

Reply #3 - Feb 1st, 2011 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
I responded.

This is a throw down...a show down...

IP Logged

Zippo
Hooters

Ooooh what's this button
do?

Reply #4 - Feb 1st, 2011 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
I got the obligatory you must spread rep around blah blah blah, otherwise I would've got ya. As such I responded too though.

IP Logged

ScaredyCat
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Feb 1st, 2011 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
Seems fairly innocuous to me. But then I'm from Australian forums that are never moderated quite as severely as that one seems to be.

Added my mite to the argument. They no longer shortchange people renown wise who are off for months ( the just don't count). It would be good if they could come up with a solution for leadership issues

IP Logged

Dythan
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Feb 1st, 2011 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
They should just make it a TP thing.  Once your leader has been MIA for 2 months, the position goes up for auction.  To the whole server.  Whoever bids the most wins.

Dythan
Khyber
Epik Poo

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #7 - Feb 1st, 2011 at 10:13pm
Print Post  
I'd actually be okay with this if there were some sort of "acting guild leader" position that would allow the actual guild leader to return and take up the reins again.

God forbid, something permanent or semi-permanent happened to the leader of a guild, I'd like to see some way for the guild to continue.

fnord

IP Logged

Auran
Stormreaver Piker

www.drama.yourserver
.ok?

Reply #8 - Feb 1st, 2011 at 10:58pm
Print Post  
I replied and made a really crazy suggestion, I mean really crazy, I can't believe no MMO has ever come up with this idea before.

On another note, what update was it when we logged on and we could change all the guild ranks, and everyone was running around with stuff like 'Pork sword' above their heads?

Opinions are like paraplegic circus penguins, no-one likes it when you shove one down their throat.

IP Logged

Zaviticus
Korthos Resident

Equal Opportunity Hater

Reply #9 - Feb 1st, 2011 at 11:04pm
Print Post  
I hit you for a green Hordo.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #10 - Feb 2nd, 2011 at 3:23am
Print Post  
Auran wrote on Feb 1st, 2011 at 10:58pm:
I replied and made a really crazy suggestion, I mean really crazy, I can't believe no MMO has ever come up with this idea before.

On another note, what update was it when we logged on and we could change all the guild ranks, and everyone was running around with stuff like 'Pork sword' above their heads?

I don't remember, but I sure as hell loved how it changed the rank for EVERY guild.  That was fun to fuck around with.  Reminds me of doing the World Broadcast messages, ahhhh good times.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Raincloud
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #11 - Feb 2nd, 2011 at 5:11am
Print Post  
I have to spread the love around Hordo, sorry. But I did respond with the following:

I just don't think anyone except the successor should be given the ability to usurp. Guild Leaders choose their second in command for a reason, trust. There is an explicit trust between the Leader and their 2nd about the guild, their focus, their members, and their loyalty. As long as the 2nd is longing in, the right to Usurp should never be allowed by anyone else. If such a time (say 180 days) that neither the Guild Leader or the Successor has not logged in, then only officers should be able to Usurp the leadership. That's it.

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #12 - Feb 2nd, 2011 at 6:04am
Print Post  
Some Turbine stooge neg repped me...I'm gonna go on a nuking spree tonight  Smiley

Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #13 - Feb 2nd, 2011 at 7:25am
Print Post  
Raincloud wrote on Feb 2nd, 2011 at 5:11am:
I have to spread the love around Hordo, sorry. But I did respond with the following:

I just don't think anyone except the successor should be given the ability to usurp. Guild Leaders choose their second in command for a reason, trust. There is an explicit trust between the Leader and their 2nd about the guild, their focus, their members, and their loyalty. As long as the 2nd is longing in, the right to Usurp should never be allowed by anyone else. If such a time (say 180 days) that neither the Guild Leader or the Successor has not logged in, then only officers should be able to Usurp the leadership. That's it.

I disagree.  A guild belongs to the members not to one person and I know of a few guilds with absent leaders and successors.  With the renown system and the investment all members have in a guild that needs to be protected.  This is a good change.   The time frames however need to be doubled or tripled. 

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #14 - Feb 2nd, 2011 at 9:25am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Feb 2nd, 2011 at 7:25am:
I disagree.  A guild belongs to the members not to one person and I know of a few guilds with absent leaders and successors.  With the renown system and the investment all members have in a guild that needs to be protected.  This is a good change.   The time frames however need to be doubled or tripled. 

I dunno man...

Hordo has like 37 characters. What if he doesn't play his guild leader character for a few weeks? Does he get a warning to play his character? What happens? It seems somewhat heavy handed.
« Last Edit: Feb 2nd, 2011 at 9:25am by stainer »  

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #15 - Feb 2nd, 2011 at 9:36am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Feb 2nd, 2011 at 9:25am:
I dunno man...

Hordo has like 37 characters. What if he doesn't play his guild leader character for a few weeks? Does he get a warning to play his character? What happens? It seems somewhat heavy handed.

Which I why I said the time frames are too short, 60 for usurp, 30 more for officer and 30 more for member makes more sense.  It's really not that hard to log in a character once every two months.

I try to log on all mine once a month anyway so the inactivity time is reset.
« Last Edit: Feb 2nd, 2011 at 9:38am by Eladiun »  

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Flint
Stormreaver Piker

I'm a Halfling on the
EDGE!

Reply #16 - Feb 2nd, 2011 at 9:38am
Print Post  
Not for nothing but if someone usurped Loreseekers I wouldn't want to see the NUKING that would happen. And I'm not talking about a Hordo nuking, I'm thinking the officers. Anyone who did it would have to have some serious family jewels. And that is why I am so against members being able to do it because I can 100% (unless I got a bad read on any of the officers) say NOT ONE OFFICER is usurping if it got to the point they could. Members on the other hand I can't be so sure.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #17 - Feb 2nd, 2011 at 9:42am
Print Post  
Flint wrote on Feb 2nd, 2011 at 9:38am:
Not for nothing but if someone usurped Loreseekers I wouldn't want to see the NUKING that would happen. And I'm not talking about a Hordo nuking, I'm thinking the officers. Anyone who did it would have to have some serious family jewels. And that is why I am so against members being able to do it because I can 100% (unless I got a bad read on any of the officers) say NOT ONE OFFICER is usurping if it got to the point they could. Members on the other hand I can't be so sure.

I think that there are problems with the usurpation rules that Turbine put in place, but I'd be willing to be that on the 44th day, one of the officers would step up and put something in guild chat like, "If no one objects, I'm going to take the guild leadership until Hordo gets off the crapper.  Seriously, who spends 44 days in the oval office?"

fnord

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #18 - Feb 2nd, 2011 at 9:56am
Print Post  
Eladuin, I understand your point in re leaderless guilds, but let's face it...those guilds that we both know are without a head are train wrecks from conception to inception to egression.

The simple fact is this:  if I do not play Hordiva for any reason, especially if I were unable to make plans for such an eventuality, I do not want anything to happen to my guild.

I understand the successor can usurp...I can tell you with certainty that mine will not do so unless I ask her to (or, as has happened twice before, I screw up switching the leader toon among my own toons  Roll Eyes ), nor will any of the officers.  That is primarily because they don't even think about such a thing out of respect for me.  I'm being serious here, and don't let it ruin my reputation, but I know that my officers have a good deal of respect for me, and I for them as well, and unless they hear from me I can guarantee you usurping the guild wouldn't even cross their mind.

I do not want any members of my guild, especially those who may be on the bubble of a reprimand, taking over my guild because I had my 4th heart attack and am suddenly unable to play for a bit, or I stroke out, or simply cannot afford to pay my sub fee for the Hordiva account.  Granted the first two instances are not likely, kina ahora, even though I am at a very high risk of such medical ailments, but the latter has happened before.

In 2007 some of you may recall that I stopped playing Hordo and pretty much just played Hordiva and the toons on her account.  It was because the sub was set to annual fee and I could not pay it, nor could I switch it to a lower fee without first activating the account by paying the annual fee.  It took me 3 months to sort that out and in the meantime the successor of the guild, at my behest, finally was able to usurp the guild and pass it onto Hordiva.  This was at a time in Loreseekers that we were a rather small guild owing to immense internal friction which I will not go into, and but for the usurp command we may have disbanded.

I get it that it helps out, and I get it that it is necessary occasionally, but I am dead-set against the command being so easy to go through to the general member of a guild.  You mention that the guild belongs to everyone in it...that is true to a point.  But, I may seem arrogant when I say this, but I was a founding Loreseekers officer, and the only one still playing this game.  I have seen it through some rather tough times and I'll be damned if I'll see someone in the general membership of my guild who might be being disciplined (and let's face it...that is the type to camp on the usurp button) snagging my guild out from under me simply because some Real Life situation kept me from logging onto my guild leader toon, or even logging in at all, and even being able to contact my officers, simply because of the faith my successor and officers have in me as a person.

The mechanic for usurping that was in place worked just fine, there was no need to alter it to cater to guilds teetering on the rim of the bin or appearing in the forum Marketplace for their server to go to the highest fucking bidder.

Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #19 - Feb 2nd, 2011 at 10:03am
Print Post  
Oh, and thanks so much for those of you who did +Rep me...it has ALMOST equalled the amount of -Rep I've received.

So, if any of you -Repped me, have the balls to say so to my face and don't fucking stealth nuke me you two-faced shit-eating bastards.

Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #20 - Feb 2nd, 2011 at 10:06am
Print Post  
Hordo wrote on Feb 2nd, 2011 at 9:56am:
The simple fact is this:  if I do not play Hordiva for any reason,

You should log into her. I sent you an adamantine breast plate of grease, with 5 clickies.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #21 - Feb 2nd, 2011 at 10:08am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Feb 2nd, 2011 at 10:06am:
You should log into her. I sent you an adamantine breast plate of grease, with 5 clickies.

Oh, so win!

Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #22 - Feb 2nd, 2011 at 10:12am
Print Post  
Hordo wrote on Feb 2nd, 2011 at 10:08am:
Oh, so win!

You think that is win, check this out.

I used the Kormor's Belt on someone getting the pool chests in part 3 of shroud. First charge - bubble head. Second charge - dance bitch. So awesome.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #23 - Feb 2nd, 2011 at 10:15am
Print Post  
Hordo wrote on Feb 2nd, 2011 at 10:03am:
Oh, and thanks so much for those of you who did +Rep me...it has ALMOST equalled the amount of -Rep I've received.

So, if any of you -Repped me, have the balls to say so to my face and don't fucking stealth nuke me you two-faced shit-eating bastards.

I hit you with a +1.  The time frames are borked.

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #24 - Feb 2nd, 2011 at 10:20am
Print Post  
http://my.ddo.com/codeshaper/2011/01/31/the-shape-of-the-code-silence/

Read post #25 now.

It seems there’s a low awareness to this, so I’ll mention it here: please note if you’re in a guild currently that it was already possible for your guild to be usurped by the successor after 2 weeks of inactivity by the leader. There are some cases where there was some broken functionality for the successor. -Tolero

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint