Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Serious Spell Changes (Read 23746 times)
Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Re: Serious Spell Changes
Reply #100 - Mar 24th, 2011 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
Boatman wrote on Mar 24th, 2011 at 6:44am:
(Oh, FFS YaBB. I've tried to post this five times now.)

That's usually the webhost, not YaBB.  Someone is attacking the shit out of server407 (where this page is hosted) and has been doing so for a couple of weeks now.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Auran
Stormreaver Piker

www.drama.yourserver
.ok?

Reply #101 - Mar 24th, 2011 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Mar 24th, 2011 at 8:43pm:
That's usually the webhost, not YaBB.  Someone is attacking the shit out of server407 (where this page is hosted) and has been doing so for a couple of weeks now.

Boatman, stop trying to post, you're killing the server.

Opinions are like paraplegic circus penguins, no-one likes it when you shove one down their throat.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #102 - Mar 25th, 2011 at 3:46am
Print Post  
Boatman wrote on Mar 24th, 2011 at 10:33am:
What's your objection? Isn't it quite useful again in Reaver's Refuge for Frost Giants, then again in ToD for Orthons? (Disclaimer - I have never run ToD.)

One spell, higher save, instant kill, destroys all, even epics. 

Trap the Soul.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Boatman
Dragon Raider

Too lazy for drama

Reply #103 - Mar 25th, 2011 at 4:32am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Mar 25th, 2011 at 3:46am:
Trap the Soul.

How can you obtain enough Khyber Dragonshard fragments to use TtS routinely? It's 1,125 a cast for the big version. (I assume the frost giants need the big version.)

Auran wrote on Mar 24th, 2011 at 9:35pm:
Strakeln wrote on Mar 24th, 2011 at 8:43pm:

Boatman, stop trying to post, you're killing the server.

Awesome. I'm a one-man DOS attack.

Boatman (Wiz20), Cannula (Pal20), Jacad (Clr15), buncha lowbie alts
Guild: Property Damage
Argonessen

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #104 - Mar 25th, 2011 at 5:14am
Print Post  
Boatman wrote on Mar 25th, 2011 at 4:32am:
How can you obtain enough Khyber Dragonshard fragments to use TtS routinely? It's 1,125 a cast for the big version. (I assume the frost giants need the big version.)

Boatman, stop trying to post, you're killing the server. Awesome. I'm a one-man DOS attack.

The fact I have a 5 slot bank full of em that is nearly impossible to use as fast as I replace them.  Run more toons in raids is my suggestion.

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Boatman
Dragon Raider

Too lazy for drama

Reply #105 - Mar 25th, 2011 at 5:23am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Mar 25th, 2011 at 5:14am:
Run more toons in raids is my suggestion.

Hmm...maybe it's time I started running raids that aren't Shroud or Reaver.

Hey look - a(n almost) free weekend!

Boatman (Wiz20), Cannula (Pal20), Jacad (Clr15), buncha lowbie alts
Guild: Property Damage
Argonessen

IP Logged

Redweaver
Korthos Resident

Mon 9/12/05 11:45 AM

Reply #106 - Mar 25th, 2011 at 8:42am
Print Post  
Cyr wrote on Mar 24th, 2011 at 10:13am:
Can't say I like the idea in any way shape or form.  Just seems like it will either be a pointless waste of development time with potential bugs or an encouragment for players to sit around waiting for another maxed firewall depending upon the final full numbers.

People will not wait SECONDS for a trap to be disabled.  People won't wait for a group to fill to start quests.  People think more than ~100 kills in shroud part 1 and more than a round in a half in part 4 is way tooo long.

Are you SERIOUSLY worried that anyone will wait for SP regen.  Really?  Really?!?

Dear Redweaver,

Thank you for applying for the Dungeons & Dragons® Online: Stormreach™ Alpha. We are pleased to invite you to join us in this phase of the game's development.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #107 - Mar 25th, 2011 at 9:24am
Print Post  
Redweaver wrote on Mar 25th, 2011 at 8:42am:
People will not wait SECONDS for a trap to be disabled.  People won't wait for a group to fill to start quests.  People think more than ~100 kills in shroud part 1 and more than a round in a half in part 4 is way tooo long.

Are you SERIOUSLY worried that anyone will wait for SP regen.  Really?  Really?!?

See, that is what I think. 

Who cares if the sp regen is at 200.  People will wait enough sp for an extended haste - sometimes.  No more.  Well, unless you are flower sniffer.  That is a completely different issue though, and one that should be fixed.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Emili
Shroud Slacker

Reply #108 - Mar 25th, 2011 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Mar 24th, 2011 at 10:30am:
I am a praised member for the movement of No FTS!

Yes, I did make this movement up just now.  Although I will never carry the spell, ever.  Not even on my wizard.

Undecided B... bu... but I like when a big muscular fella gets all stiff and erect. The soft ones, I've no use for.  Roll Eyes

|IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 | IMaj7 vim7 | iim7 V13 |III7+  VI9 | iim9  V13 |IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 |IMaj7 vim7 |iim7 V13 |I6  ivm7  bVII9 |I69   |

Bonheur dans la vie, c'est d'aimer et d'etre aimé et quand s'en va, l'espoir fuit.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #109 - Mar 26th, 2011 at 4:12am
Print Post  
Emili wrote on Mar 25th, 2011 at 5:17pm:

Undecided B... bu... but I like when a big muscular fella gets all stiff and erect. The soft ones, I've no use for.  Roll Eyes

FTS is a womans spell, I am all male.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in
Argonnessen Apple flavor!

Reply #110 - Mar 26th, 2011 at 9:17am
Print Post  
You guys are aware the 12 SP thing was listed as an example of what the cap might be, and not a declaration that it definitely would be 12, right?

Besides. Taking bets now. How much you want to bet one or more of the following bugs are in place with it?

Instead of the mana regen kicking in when below x mana, it kicks in below x% mana.
Instead of the mana regen kicking in when below the threshhold, it kicks in until you drop below the threshold.
Once the mana regen turns on, it doesn't turn off properly, either naturally or by somehow bugging it to stay on.

Epoch wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 5:15am:
When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

Eladiun wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 1:46pm:
If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

Tharlak
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #111 - Mar 26th, 2011 at 9:37am
Print Post  
Bettin' on 1 and 3.

But may I offer an alternative:

Once mana drops to the threshold level of X, mana continues to be lost even though no spells are cast.

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in

Reply #112 - Mar 26th, 2011 at 10:04am
Print Post  
Tharlak wrote on Mar 26th, 2011 at 9:37am:
Bettin' on 1 and 3.

But may I offer an alternative:

Once mana drops to the threshold level of X, mana continues to be lost even though no spells are cast.

Negative regeneration is also a possibility.

Here are some others:

Whatever bug plagues this regeneration affects other, or all kinds of regeneration such as tavern regen, town regen, food regen, those cookie's regen, and others.
The regeneration works... in town, or some other such inappropriate place. Instead you get [insert the wrong kind of regen from the previous list] when triggering the mana regen in a quest or raid.

When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #113 - Mar 26th, 2011 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
Hi Welcome wrote on Mar 26th, 2011 at 9:17am:
You guys are aware the 12 SP thing was listed as an example of what the cap might be, and not a declaration that it definitely would be 12, right?

Yes... but whatever they change it to for higher levels will remain useless.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Tharlak
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #114 - Mar 26th, 2011 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
Hi Welcome wrote on Mar 26th, 2011 at 10:04am:
Whatever bug plagues this regeneration affects other, or all kinds of regeneration such as tavern regen, town regen, food regen, those cookie's regen, and others.
The regeneration works... in town, or some other such inappropriate place. Instead you get [insert the wrong kind of regen from the previous list] when triggering the mana regen in a quest or raid.

Wow, I wasn't even thinking about this.

I change my first vote to this.  All forms of regen get effected, and not for the better.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #115 - Mar 26th, 2011 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
Emili wrote on Mar 25th, 2011 at 5:17pm:

Dammit, Emili, I spat gin and tonic all over my keyboard Tongue

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #116 - Mar 26th, 2011 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=206066

notes. Too lazy today to wade through the fail after fail, nerf after nerf, and derp-de-derp to pull out just the ones arcanes and divines got slaped with. (But hey, at least everyone got slapped in the face a little.)

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #117 - Mar 26th, 2011 at 8:31pm
Print Post  

Looks like they're not scaling that regen cap.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #118 - Mar 27th, 2011 at 2:13am
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Mar 26th, 2011 at 8:31pm:
Looks like they're not scaling that regen cap.

When I first read your post, my brain saw, "Looks like they're not scaling that regen crap."

I think that the post works perfectly well either way.

fnord

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #119 - Mar 27th, 2011 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Mar 27th, 2011 at 2:13am:
When I first read your post, my brain saw, "Looks like they're not scaling that regen crap."

I think that the post works perfectly well either way.

Hah, agreed.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #120 - Mar 28th, 2011 at 9:24pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Mar 26th, 2011 at 4:12am:
FTS is a womans spell, I am all male.

Embrace your feminine side. But not too much, you need to take her on a few more dates before doing that.

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #121 - Mar 29th, 2011 at 3:59am
Print Post  
JC wrote on Mar 28th, 2011 at 9:24pm:
Embrace your feminine side. But not too much, you need to take her on a few more dates before doing that.

I would rather not chloroform myself.

... shit, said that out loud didn't I?

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Cyr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #122 - Mar 29th, 2011 at 10:54am
Print Post  
It looks like they are not scaling the SP cap so it is a moot point as with a low cap like that there is little potential harm.

Got to say I am happy with that.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #123 - Mar 29th, 2011 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
Cyr wrote on Mar 29th, 2011 at 10:54am:
It looks like they are not scaling the SP cap so it is a moot point as with a low cap like that there is little potential harm.

Got to say I am happy with that.

It's a pretty fast regen. I took a 16 WF wizard into the vale, and pissed away SP as fast as I could. Once I got below 12, it regenned 4sp every 2 seconds, iirc. So if I dropped down to 11 SP, I would regen to the cap of 15 SP.

Most of the SLAs are 1-6 SP. Scorching ray is now 6 SP. With 1 SP hypno, 3 SP Otto's Resistable, and 6 SP hold, I could easily pull and destroy one mob at a time in the Vale slayer area, by either kiting, dancing, or holding them. It was like being a ranged ranger - Pew Pew Pew. It didn't take as long as I though it would, either.

I went into the Sands and did the same thing - after dumping all my SP and then using only the SP regen, I relied on SLA and Scorching Ray to work my way through the undead area. I took down the rare air elemental (and 3-4 others), took down one red-named gnoll, and was working on Vovund Darkfur when I aggro'd too many mobs, forgot that I had hypnotize, got tripped, and overwhelmed.

Still, two red-named and another 50 kills at level 16 in the sands only took 2-3 times longer using only SP regen as it would on a farming run.

It will be nice when leveling for those rare occasions that I run out of SP. It's not something I expect to need other than for emergencies and leveling. The pew pew playstyle doesn't appeal to me, whittling down mob HP one arcane bolt at a time. I don't see it being terribly useful for people at cap, raiding, or epics.

However, I can see it getting me to the next shrine without wasting resources. For people with capped characters, time >> resources, so moot point. I'll scroll heal with my cleric before I'll try to heal up a high level party using cheap CMW/CSW and SP regen.

I see this making it easier for newbies - it is slow enough and you need to play with enough caution that it isn't overpowered. It only allows unlimited casting if you know how to pull mobs and use some tactics. If you can do that, you're rarely going to run out of SP anyways.

The time required for newbies to learn decent SP conservation just increased though. I remember hating my first arcane caster when I started playing the game, so having some training wheels isn't an entirely bad thing.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in

Reply #124 - Apr 10th, 2011 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Mar 26th, 2011 at 12:11pm:
Yes... but whatever they change it to for higher levels will remain useless.

Nah. It will be around 1,200 or something. Because someone let their cat on the keyboard.

...The catch is you'll be banned for exploiting if you have a blue bar.

Anyways, was I right about it being bugged?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 
Send TopicPrint