Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) just soloed epic snitch. (Read 11497 times)
Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: just soloed epic snitch.
Reply #25 - Apr 4th, 2011 at 10:54am
Print Post  
Soul wrote on Apr 1st, 2011 at 2:02pm:
Sorry I read that in your country accent and couldn't stop laughing at how stupid you sound.

Anyway, everyone knows that my build is A+. Everyone also knows that fvs isn't top tier dps or casting. So I'm not sure what you were trying to accomplish by saying this. Just shows how ignorant Soulless is again.

English is my first language. 

Don't care if it's your second language.  Even if it was your third, a WF melee FvS is not an A+ build in any language.

Here's your report card:

DPS: B-   (only because you have eSoS and Claw set is it even this high)
CC Casting: F-  (The only person you are landing Hold Person on is yourself.  While you watch your B- DPS)
Dmg Casting: C
Healing: C+

Overall Grade: C+

Can't believe you have a Fighter and you wasted the eSoS and claw set on your WF FvS. 

You talk about wasting larges on Min II weapons.  You spent at least 12-15 flawless red scales in value (eSoS scroll, Bracers scroll, Gloves Scroll) in gearing this toon to get meh results. 

Sad.  Schade. Triste.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #26 - Apr 4th, 2011 at 11:46am
Print Post  
I just TR'd my WF Sorc into a WF melee FvS. The DPS is ok, and the healing is pretty nice so far. I am not sure, but it looks like my raid healing will be close to my cleric's (only lvl 10). Are you saying I made a mistake?

So you know, I am more heal specced than anything. I am not taking the Lord of the Blades enhancements at this time.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Jaxx
Fleet Admiral

Reply #27 - Apr 4th, 2011 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Apr 4th, 2011 at 11:46am:
The DPS is ok (As long as Jax in in the party on his Wizzy giving me Haste and Rage), and the healing is pretty nice (As long as Jax in in the party on his Wizzy giving me Displacement, Blur and Stoneskin so the mean skellies do not beat my 17 AC to shreds).

Fixed for ya!

PS, WTF's a guy gotta do to get a Deathward from a fucking Divine caster these days  Roll Eyes....................

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #28 - Apr 4th, 2011 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
Jaxx wrote on Apr 4th, 2011 at 12:57pm:
Fixed for ya!

PS, WTF's a guy gotta do to get a Deathward from a fucking Divine caster these days  Roll Eyes....................

I took FoM instead. I can get mass DW later. We had the cleric with us, he can respec easier than me. Besides, I have Tangleroot googles.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #29 - Apr 4th, 2011 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Apr 4th, 2011 at 10:54am:
English is my first language. 

Don't care if it's your second language.  Even if it was your third, a WF melee FvS is not an A+ build in any language.

Here's your report card:

DPS: B-   (only because you have eSoS and Claw set is it even this high)
CC Casting: F-  (The only person you are landing Hold Person on is yourself.  While you watch your B- DPS)
Dmg Casting: C
Healing: C+

Overall Grade: C+

Can't believe you have a Fighter and you wasted the eSoS and claw set on your WF FvS. 

You talk about wasting larges on Min II weapons.  You spent at least 12-15 flawless red scales in value (eSoS scroll, Bracers scroll, Gloves Scroll) in gearing this toon to get meh results. 

Sad.  Schade. Triste.

add survivability to that list. and then remove the grades that are irrelevant to the play stile of a melee FvS. It might bump up the grade a little.

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #30 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 10:07am
Print Post  
JC wrote on Apr 4th, 2011 at 1:28pm:
add survivability to that list. and then remove the grades that are irrelevant to the play stile of a melee FvS. It might bump up the grade a little.

Ok, fine.  All he really wants to do is DPS, clearly.  Even then, the build is B-.  So he spent 12 flawless reds in value to get a build that is fun to solo with but little else.  Could have done that much more cheaply and easily.

How excited would anyone be to see this guy take a melee/DPS spot in any elite raid run or epic?  I can think of a dozen other builds I'd rather have in the group.

Unless he's planning on using his mana bar for more than self buffing and self healing.  In which case, it's fair to evaluate the build on those criteria.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #31 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 10:12am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Apr 4th, 2011 at 11:46am:
I just TR'd my WF Sorc into a WF melee FvS. The DPS is ok, and the healing is pretty nice so far. I am not sure, but it looks like my raid healing will be close to my cleric's (only lvl 10). Are you saying I made a mistake?

So you know, I am more heal specced than anything. I am not taking the Lord of the Blades enhancements at this time.

Big difference between what you are doing and this build.  The Sirgog, Soul "I wanna pretend my FvS can do as much DPS/tanking as a Fighter, Pally, or Barb"  guy who dumps wis and cha completely, doesn't take any feats or enhancements that are not DPS related and doesn't have any gear for healing is the build getting a C+.

You've run with my FvS.  She is a melee/healing FvS.  She does acceptable DPS for her to contribute in most raids and epics and she can solo most any content in the game.  She is also a very strong healer.  Better than my pure 20 cleric was before I reincarnated him.  But then, she has the stats, the feats, the enhancements, and the gear for it. 

WF FvS can be really cool when done with some balance.  I think some people just take it too far.  But, it's their build and their time and their game.  If they enjoy it, more power to them.  But to call it an A+...that's a bit much.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #32 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 10:17am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Apr 5th, 2011 at 10:07am:
Unless he's planning on using his mana bar for more than self buffing and self healing.  In which case, it's fair to evaluate the build on those criteria.

I find it hard to give any Cleric or FvS less than a B+ for party healing ability and that changes to an A- at worst if they take Empower Healing (as long as the player doesn't actively choose to suck at healing, but that's a player failure, not a failure of the character).

Healing a party was sometimes very challenging while I was leveling my WF FvS, but that was because I needed practice healing as a player, not because my character wasn't good at healing.

Edit:  Just saw your post that you put up while I was writing this and it looks like you're referring to the "as long as the player doesn't actively choose to suck at healing, but that's a player failure, not a failure of the character".
I actually don't consider enhancements to be part of a character's "build" usually, because it's just so easy to switch them around when you realize that you aren't doing as much with the character as you should be.  There's really no excuse for failing to take at least some enhancements for healing.
« Last Edit: Apr 5th, 2011 at 10:20am by popejubal »  

fnord

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #33 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 10:21am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Apr 5th, 2011 at 10:12am:
Big difference between what you are doing and this build.  The Sirgog, Soul "I wanna pretend my FvS can do as much DPS/tanking as a Fighter, Pally, or Barb"  guy who dumps wis and cha completely, doesn't take any feats or enhancements that are not DPS related and doesn't have any gear for healing is the build getting a C+.

You've run with my FvS.  She is a melee/healing FvS.  She does acceptable DPS for her to contribute in most raids and epics and she can solo most any content in the game.  She is also a very strong healer.  Better than my pure 20 cleric was before I reincarnated him.  But then, she has the stats, the feats, the enhancements, and the gear for it. 

WF FvS can be really cool when done with some balance.  I think some people just take it too far.  But, it's their build and their time and their game.  If they enjoy it, more power to them.  But to call it an A+...that's a bit much. 

I agree. The whole argument amount DPS this and that is redonc. My Pure Barbarian and Pure Fighter can put out a shit load of DPS. I know this and I can see it when I play them. My Pure Monk, my Temp II/Ken I mutt, and my 12ftr/6pal/2mnk 1/2ing d-mark user are a lot more fun to play. My bard, cleric and my sorc that I TR'd into a FvS all have a place too.

Sometimes I think people get blinded by one play style because it is all they know. You can see it in monk haters sometimes. They can't get past the complexities of playing that class. It isn't just rage/frenzy/frenzy. It actually requires more than that.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Asketes
Puppy Farmer

Perma

Reply #34 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 10:27am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Apr 5th, 2011 at 10:21am:
It isn't just rage/frenzy/frenzy. It actually requires more than that.

get the fuck out, really?

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #35 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 10:30am
Print Post  
Asketes wrote on Apr 5th, 2011 at 10:27am:
get the fuck out, really?

Fo rizzle.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #36 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Apr 5th, 2011 at 10:21am:
I agree. The whole argument amount DPS this and that is redonc. My Pure Barbarian and Pure Fighter can put out a shit load of DPS. I know this and I can see it when I play them. My Pure Monk, my Temp II/Ken I mutt, and my 12ftr/6pal/2mnk 1/2ing d-mark user are a lot more fun to play. My bard, cleric and my sorc that I TR'd into a FvS all have a place too.

Sometimes I think people get blinded by one play style because it is all they know. You can see it in monk haters sometimes. They can't get past the complexities of playing that class. It isn't just rage/frenzy/frenzy. It actually requires more than that.

My favorite melee builds so far have been the 12/6/2 Ken II/Tempest build that Asheras had on his first life and the 12/6/2 Ken II/Barb build that Ventrellia is doing right now on her 2nd life.  I really enjoy those more than the pure Fighter or pure Barb as well, but I also know that Asheras in his current life Kensai III heavy DPS configuration brings a ton of hurt. 

Max DPS doesn't always equal Max Fun.  And there are lots of really fun builds that get within 95% of the max dps builds.

IP Logged

crazydamage
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Apr 6th, 2011 at 6:29am
Print Post  
Max gear WF fvs does around 65% of the dps of Max gear eSOS fighter (or barb).

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=299620

I have verified the numbers for FVS vs. THF fighter with additional in game testing using Sobrien 0% for 69K HP in epic claw. (~4:55 to kill on my friend's near max geared fvs vs. 2:50 posted by Krythan in axers dps challenge).

Pure DPS FVS (Max str, Dump Wis/Cha) loses NOTHING in the way of healing vs a cleric/ or wis/cha specced FVS as long as  you take the maximum healing enhancements (can skip the crit chance/multiplier ones) and empowered healing feat.

I can solo heal epic DQ2 or any other epic on my wf fvs.

And yes, I would take a max STR wf fvs over a max geared fighter or barbarian in a tod or any other epic.
WHY? because you lose a bit of dps (65% vs 100%) but you gain 200% healing capability making your chance of failing extremely low.

Also, dps fvs is better than a pure caster fvs for most raids because he's beating on the boss adding his extra dps in addition to healing, while your pure caster fvs does nothing but heal.

However, I personally do agree that "soul survivor" is a retarded build.  A tank for a crappy PUG group that didnt think to get a real tank. Wasting AP and gear slots for threat generation at the expense of real dps.

IP Logged

crazydamage
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Apr 6th, 2011 at 6:33am
Print Post  
But then again just about every generic wf fvs is built similarly. It just irritates me when noobs only know of "soul survivor"

AKA:
waste gear slots on incite DT
wf brute fighting on a fvs
healers friend III

all of which are retarded in my opinion

IP Logged

crazydamage
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Apr 6th, 2011 at 6:45am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Apr 5th, 2011 at 10:07am:
Ok, fine.  All he really wants to do is DPS, clearly.  Even then, the build is B-.  So he spent 12 flawless reds in value to get a build that is fun to solo with but little else.  Could have done that much more cheaply and easily.

How excited would anyone be to see this guy take a melee/DPS spot in any elite raid run or epic?  I can think of a dozen other builds I'd rather have in the group.

Since I love flogging dead horses. Absolutely I would take that FVS.
Assuming 1 caster 1 healer and 10 DPS spots.
10 pure dps doing Y dmg each = 10 Y
9 pure dps + fvs = 9 + 0.65 = 9.65 Y

You lose 3.5 % overall dps and get 200% healing capability.

IP Logged

Cantcatchthe
Ex Member

Reply #40 - Apr 6th, 2011 at 8:03am
Print Post  
I love the melee fvs Idea. Unfortunately I think most melees on the server are absolute shit.  Cant has 2 lit 2 kopeshes 2 lit 2 picks 2 min 2 picks and ridiculous amount of handwraps and I still consider myself undergeared.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #41 - Apr 6th, 2011 at 9:36am
Print Post  
Quote:
I love the melee fvs Idea. Unfortunately I think most melees on the server are absolute shit.  Cant has 2 lit 2 kopeshes 2 lit 2 picks 2 min 2 picks and ridiculous amount of handwraps and I still consider myself undergeared.

All that gear sound like you are overcompensating for being a piss poor player.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #42 - Apr 6th, 2011 at 9:41am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Apr 6th, 2011 at 9:36am:

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #43 - Apr 6th, 2011 at 9:45am
Print Post  
crazydamage wrote on Apr 6th, 2011 at 6:45am:
Since I love flogging dead horses. Absolutely I would take that FVS.
Assuming 1 caster 1 healer and 10 DPS spots.
10 pure dps doing Y dmg each = 10 Y
9 pure dps + fvs = 9 + 0.65 = 9.65 Y

You lose 3.5 % overall dps and get 200% healing capability.

A couple things:

1) By taking Empower Healing and Healing enhancments you are moving the melee FvS build from a "Pure DPS machine" Melee FvS build to a melee/healing FvS build.  The build you are thinking of probably also has a solid potency item.  I have no issue with this build.  I like that build a lot in fact.  Velania is basically that build.  (minus the being WF part).  I agree, she gives up very little in DPS to get the ability to heal like a champ.

2)  You don't get 100% of the healing and 100% of the dps capability of the toon simultaneously. 

Take eDQ2.  No way your WF FvS is producing 100% of the healing capability of a dedicated healer and also fully getting the 65% DPS.  You don't swing when casting.  Your DPS would be significantly diminished. 

Ofc that is clearly quest dependent.  On an eVon6, where you rotate healers, the melee/healing FvS can do full DPS when the other healers are healing and reduce DPS and heal when it is their turn in the rotation.

Regardless, I'm not arguing that an FvS that is willing to heal is an unwelcome addition.  My whole point was predicated on them not healing anyone.  And, yes, that is the player, but when the player doesn't take empower healing and doesnt spend AP on enhancements and doesnt wear a devotion/potency item then it becomes the build's problem too. 

My whole point is this:  A "pure dps" FvS build is not A+ because it doesn't do anything at the A level.  Healing is not as strong as it could be with a different build.  DPS is not as strong as it could be with a different build.  Other casting is virtually non-existant. 

I'm not saying it's not FUN AS HELL to play.  If Soul was giving it an A+ on the fun to play scale, I'd have no problem with that.

IP Logged

Cantcatchthe
Ex Member

Reply #44 - Apr 6th, 2011 at 10:28am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Apr 6th, 2011 at 9:36am:

Lol.  That is all.

IP Logged

crazydamage
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Apr 7th, 2011 at 3:36am
Print Post  
Well at a certain point there simply are no more dps feats or enhancements worth taking, so basically in my opinion even "pure wf dps dvs" includes max healing enhancements.
(other wise what the hell did he blow all his AP on, racial and wf toughness IV or something?)

Becuase there simply is no other way to spend those enhancements on anything that would increase your dps (might change now with angel of vengeance).

Similarly, what feat could you possibly take instead of empowered healing. Weapon focus for +1 hit?? i dont really think so.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #46 - Apr 7th, 2011 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
crazydamage wrote on Apr 7th, 2011 at 3:36am:
Well at a certain point there simply are no more dps feats or enhancements worth taking, so basically in my opinion even "pure wf dps dvs" includes max healing enhancements.
(other wise what the hell did he blow all his AP on, racial and wf toughness IV or something?)

Becuase there simply is no other way to spend those enhancements on anything that would increase your dps (might change now with angel of vengeance).

Similarly, what feat could you possibly take instead of empowered healing. Weapon focus for +1 hit?? i dont really think so.

I don't know why some of these WF FvS can't seem to heal for shit, but it happens.  It's certainly not all of them, but the chance that a WF FvS is a competent at healing is somewhere around 33%, in my experience.  At end game it might get up to close to 50%. 

Compare that to any other race as an FvS and the competency level is probably around 75%-80%.  End game probably closer to 90%. 

Let's face it.  There are certain classes and races that have solid synergy.  There are others that make you scratch your head.  WF FvS and WF Cleric is one of those.  Taking a -2 to your casting stat.  Your self healing abilities are dimished.  It brings NOTHING to the table for the majority of the class features. 

The only reason someone does WF FvS is because they are just smitten kittens for WF and all their toons must be WF or because they want to do the Lord of the Blades thing and be a THF DPS machine.  The only real benefit of which is the bladesworn transformation.  Which is basically Rage with a +4 to AC and the inability to cast spells or be healed by healing spells for the duration. 

Why not just roll a Human and splash two barb levels in for rage that works just as well with fewer negative side effects?

So an WF FvS is swimming upstream on a build.  There are better race/class combos to get the same or better results with less lost features or gear costs.

Sure, a great vet with experience, gear, and knowledge can make it work, but more likely its going to be a fucked up mess.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #47 - Apr 7th, 2011 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Apr 7th, 2011 at 2:39pm:
I don't know why some of these WF FvS can't seem to heal for shit, but it happens.  It's certainly not all of them, but the chance that a WF FvS is a competent at healing is somewhere around 33%, in my experience.  At end game it might get up to close to 50%. 

Compare that to any other race as an FvS and the competency level is probably around 75%-80%.  End game probably closer to 90%. 

Let's face it.  There are certain classes and races that have solid synergy.  There are others that make you scratch your head.  WF FvS and WF Cleric is one of those.  Taking a -2 to your casting stat.  Your self healing abilities are dimished.  It brings NOTHING to the table for the majority of the class features. 

The only reason someone does WF FvS is because they are just smitten kittens for WF and all their toons must be WF or because they want to do the Lord of the Blades thing and be a THF DPS machine.  The only real benefit of which is the bladesworn transformation.  Which is basically Rage with a +4 to AC and the inability to cast spells or be healed by healing spells for the duration. 

Why not just roll a Human and splash two barb levels in for rage that works just as well with fewer negative side effects?

So an WF FvS is swimming upstream on a build.  There are better race/class combos to get the same or better results with less lost features or gear costs.

Sure, a great vet with experience, gear, and knowledge can make it work, but more likely its going to be a fucked up mess.

I don't know about all of that. The dumping wis seems fine on my WF build. I don't do tons of offensive casting on my cleric, so it is no different for me on the FvS. I just get to swing more while I heal.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Azuphle
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Apr 7th, 2011 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Apr 7th, 2011 at 2:39pm:

That most WF FvS can't heal is more a player thingy isn't it? Like 'I'm uber dps, heal yourself! And if you are on it heal me too pleaaase'

In general WF is a good decision for a melee FvS:
- +2 CON (+Con enhancements)
- a lot Toughness enhancements
- +1 to-hit, +2 to-damage with Greatsword (as well as profency for free)
- stacking (?) DR
- Brute Fighting for hate tanking

Actually I would never do it myself, but it isn't a bad decision. Human with 2 Barb lvls is worse in my opinion (rather fighter, for haste boost  Cheesy) - on the other hand, giving up DR 10/whatever....

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #49 - Apr 7th, 2011 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
Azuphle wrote on Apr 7th, 2011 at 3:33pm:
- +2 CON (+Con enhancements)
- a lot Toughness enhancements

Non-buffed, standing 607 HPs for a WF FvS (one Toughness feat) is VERY nice. Smiley

Azuphle wrote on Apr 7th, 2011 at 3:33pm:
- stacking (?) DR

Yes. Lord of Blades WF FVS 20 with DR enhancements and Adamantine Body has DR 15/Adamantine...makes it VERY survivable.
« Last Edit: Apr 7th, 2011 at 4:20pm by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint