Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) just soloed epic snitch. (Read 11496 times)
crazydamage
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: just soloed epic snitch.
Reply #50 - Apr 8th, 2011 at 4:14am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Apr 7th, 2011 at 2:39pm:
I don't know why some of these WF FvS can't seem to heal for shit, but it happens.  It's certainly not all of them, but the chance that a WF FvS is a competent at healing is somewhere around 33%, in my experience.  At end game it might get up to close to 50%. 

Compare that to any other race as an FvS and the competency level is probably around 75%-80%.  End game probably closer to 90%. 

Let's face it.  There are certain classes and races that have solid synergy.  There are others that make you scratch your head.  WF FvS and WF Cleric is one of those.  Taking a -2 to your casting stat.  Your self healing abilities are dimished.  It brings NOTHING to the table for the majority of the class features. 

The only reason someone does WF FvS is because they are just smitten kittens for WF and all their toons must be WF or because they want to do the Lord of the Blades thing and be a THF DPS machine.  The only real benefit of which is the bladesworn transformation.  Which is basically Rage with a +4 to AC and the inability to cast spells or be healed by healing spells for the duration. 

Why not just roll a Human and splash two barb levels in for rage that works just as well with fewer negative side effects?

So an WF FvS is swimming upstream on a build.  There are better race/class combos to get the same or better results with less lost features or gear costs.

Sure, a great vet with experience, gear, and knowledge can make it work, but more likely its going to be a fucked up mess.

Actually WF Fvs get greatsword proficiency and +1 hit/+4 dmg over any other type of Fvs with greatswords (favored + child of lord of blades and enhancements.

I am going to TR as a HORc fvs but that is another story. (swap extend for greatsword prof)

IP Logged

crazydamage
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #51 - Apr 8th, 2011 at 4:18am
Print Post  
And yes 13 DR (15 with adamantine body)
And not to meniton WF PA enhancements.

If there wasnt HOrcs wf fvs would be the bomb, but I'm gonna make a Horc build that owns wf builds.

IP Logged

Azuphle
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #52 - Apr 8th, 2011 at 5:58am
Print Post  
crazydamage wrote on Apr 8th, 2011 at 4:18am:
And yes 13 DR (15 with adamantine body)
And not to meniton WF PA enhancements.

If there wasnt HOrcs wf fvs would be the bomb, but I'm gonna make a Horc build that owns wf builds.

If you say WF gets +4 overall Damage with GS and it gets PA Enhancements, I actually don't see the point in going Horc.
You get +4 Damage Modifier via Horcish THF line and +3 Damage Modifier via Horcish STR, you also get the PA enhancements, but lose GS profency, don't you?
Never rolled a melee FvS, but throwing numbers around I see that you to-hit won't be uber, PA and PA enhancements cut off a lot and then losing -3 to-hit (-4 (not profident) - 1(no WF GS line) + 2(more STR)) might not be better than +3 Damage Modifier for most cases.
If you are talking of Melee FvS I surely consider no bard songs'n'stuff- only self buffs, cause making a self healing Melee is for soloing isnt it? Cheesy

Did I forget something? Enlighten me!

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #53 - Apr 8th, 2011 at 6:51am
Print Post  
Azuphle wrote on Apr 8th, 2011 at 5:58am:
If you say WF gets +4 overall Damage with GS and it gets PA Enhancements, I actually don't see the point in going Horc.
You get +4 Damage Modifier via Horcish THF line and +3 Damage Modifier via Horcish STR, you also get the PA enhancements, but lose GS profency, don't you?
Never rolled a melee FvS, but throwing numbers around I see that you to-hit won't be uber, PA and PA enhancements cut off a lot and then losing -3 to-hit (-4 (not profident) - 1(no WF GS line) + 2(more STR)) might not be better than +3 Damage Modifier for most cases.
If you are talking of Melee FvS I surely consider no bard songs'n'stuff- only self buffs, cause making a self healing Melee is for soloing isnt it? Cheesy

Did I forget something? Enlighten me!

Yeah, you did. Crazy said he was swapping Extend out for Proficiency: Greatsword (presume he has a SOS / ESOS)

IP Logged

Azuphle
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - Apr 8th, 2011 at 9:46am
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Apr 8th, 2011 at 6:51am:
Yeah, you did. Crazy said he was swapping Extend out for Proficiency: Greatsword (presume he has a SOS / ESOS)

oh my fault then. Wouldnt recommend switching extend just because it doesnt work on BB anymore though. Holy Aura, Prayer, Divine Awesomeness, Recitation - pretty cool short term stuff, but thats just me

IP Logged

Ghaldar
Korthos Resident

Speaking of poultry have
you seen my cock?

Reply #55 - Apr 8th, 2011 at 10:22am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Apr 7th, 2011 at 2:43pm:
I don't know about all of that. The dumping wis seems fine on my WF build. I don't do tons of offensive casting on my cleric, so it is no different for me on the FvS. I just get to swing more while I heal.

I dumped wis as well on a concept build I been trying out.  Melee WF cleric RS Max STR.  The bursts are doing fine for healing and through 9 levels its a beast.  I suspect though around GH this concept build may start to strain. Going to play it out and see though.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #56 - Apr 8th, 2011 at 10:30am
Print Post  
Ghaldar wrote on Apr 8th, 2011 at 10:22am:
I dumped wis as well on a concept build I been trying out.  Melee WF cleric RS Max STR.  The bursts are doing fine for healing and through 9 levels its a beast.  I suspect though around GH this concept build may start to strain. Going to play it out and see though.

If you are not going to be offensive casting the difference between a 12 base Wisdom and an 18 is just a few spell points and those build points can find a nice home elsewhere.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Ghaldar
Korthos Resident

Speaking of poultry have
you seen my cock?

Reply #57 - Apr 8th, 2011 at 10:33am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Apr 8th, 2011 at 10:30am:
If you are not going to be offensive casting the difference between a 12 base Wisdom and an 18 is just a few spell points and those build points can find a nice home elsewhere.

That is the rationale I was working from when i decided to role it.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #58 - Apr 8th, 2011 at 10:41am
Print Post  

He might hit me for posting this, but Steelrock has a HOrc RS Cleric (1 cleric, 1 FvS pl) that may be the most awesome healing/dps machine I have been in party with. I don't think anyone can get close to the awesome he brings.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Chris79
Stormreaver Piker

Wanna a lollipop?

Reply #59 - Apr 8th, 2011 at 10:51am
Print Post  
I heard Pyrric brings the healing pain...

-----------------------------------------------
Pyrric, Drilltex, Drilltor, Drillsworn - Khyber

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #60 - Apr 8th, 2011 at 10:53am
Print Post  
Chris79 wrote on Apr 8th, 2011 at 10:51am:
I heard Pyrric brings the healing pain...

For a player from a third world country and spotty internet access he does well.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Ghaldar
Korthos Resident

Speaking of poultry have
you seen my cock?

Reply #61 - Apr 8th, 2011 at 11:30am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Apr 8th, 2011 at 10:41am:
He might hit me for posting this, but Steelrock has a HOrc RS Cleric (1 cleric, 1 FvS pl) that may be the most awesome healing/dps machine I have been in party with. I don't think anyone can get close to the awesome he brings.

One of my first builds was the old Warpriest 9 cle/1 pally  which had a high str and had a smite evil.  That old warpriest build used to play much like you describe.  It healed well and could bring the pain. It was so old that it had a 9 base con and no one even thought twice about that build( my have things changed).  So basically it did not transfer well as the game changed.   5 years later that build has gone through severals changes, GR, and feat swaps as the game went along.  Now its a heal/casting bot with good HP. Which means it heals most of the time in end game.  So in other words boring.

I have wondered for years how to pull off an actual BC that wasn't a douchebag that had the effectiveness that the old school warpriest build used to be.  The game has changed so much that I was really leaning towards a true well played BC was about a dead end.  Then RS came out.   

RS allows constant healing and burst healing without being mana Dependant.  So Wis can be dumped in favor for STR/con.  I also figured that if i was going to be about the RS burst for AOE healing I would pump up CHA some as well for the extra turns.   

So the question I tried to answer is how to infuse fun back into a healing capable character and not be a complete dickwad in a group/raid setting.  Thus the HoldmkVIII concept project.  Be in the front where the meat meets the meat so to speak.  (All this talk of meat has you excited I know Wink )  I chose warforge for the GSword synergy with the lord of blades faith line and I felt that I would go WF for the racial immunities and DR. 

Not sure it will be a particularly good build at end game but I have always been one to try out the builds and take them to high level before I pass judgement.  Builds typically play different than they look on paper.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #62 - Apr 8th, 2011 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Apr 7th, 2011 at 4:16pm:
Non-buffed, standing 607 HPs for a WF FvS (one Toughness feat) is VERY nice. Smiley

Yes. Lord of Blades WF FVS 20 with DR enhancements and Adamantine Body has DR 15/Adamantine...makes it VERY survivable.

My elf FvS has 557 HP non-buffed, standing.  Not sure the extra 50 makes that much of a difference.  But then, I'm not trying to be a suulu tank in an elite ToD run. 

IP Logged

Steelrock
Dragon Raider

Elite Raiders

Reply #63 - Apr 9th, 2011 at 3:38am
Print Post  

stainer wrote on Apr 8th, 2011 at 10:41am:

Ghaldar, you should be fine. RS is the new easy button. Cometfall and PA FTW! I did have some GS items made up in preperation for this though. Con opp SP and HP items, with +9 WIS and CHA weapons for healing situations as well as a Lit 2 falchion pre fabbed before my final TR. Wisdom is at 23 unbuffed with a +2 wisdom tome. 26 with a +3 tome and ship buffs, not including the GS +3 exp weapon. A fun build!

Forgot to mention, over 500 hp, short of 1900 sp. 36 pt. Max STR and CON, rest in WIS 1/2 orc.
« Last Edit: Apr 9th, 2011 at 3:41am by Steelrock »  

Turbine is a company, not your friend.

If a company you have been loyal to suddenly changes their product so that it either is worse or not even working any more then only a complete fool would continue to patronize them.

Business only understands one thing, the bottom line.

The posters above who have a delusional perception of their relationship with Turbine seem to be suffering from Stockholm syndrome.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint