Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Crafting is available to try on Llamaland (Read 7365 times)
popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Crafting is available to try on Llamaland
Apr 2nd, 2011 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
Here's what I understand from current threads so far.  A new Crafting discussion forum is available at
http://forums.ddo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=238

Step 1: the prefix, the enhancement + or the suffix off of a weapon or item to get crafting materials.  You get "good beams" from Holy, Holy Burst, Pure Good or Righteousness, for example.
Step 2: turn any weapon that you have into a craftable blank.  The enhancement +, the prefix and the suffix go away, but the weapon or armor's look stay and any metal type stays.  I don't yet know if guild slots or race restriction stays on the weapon if you do this.
Step 3: use your "good beams" ingredients and "water beams" and whatever along with your new craftable blank to make a new weapon using the Cove-style barter window that lists recipies for you.  There are approximately 17.3 bajillion possible recipes.

Yes, that does mean you can craft a +5 Holy Burst Silver Khopesh of Greater Lawful Outsider Bane.  MinII is now dead.

fnord

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Re: Crafting is available to try on Llamaland
Reply #1 - Apr 2nd, 2011 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
MinII was already dead, I never craafted one of them shits.

IP Logged

Alekx
VoD Slasher

Argonnessen

Reply #2 - Apr 2nd, 2011 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
Soul wrote on Apr 2nd, 2011 at 12:26pm:
MinII was already dead, I never craafted one of them shits.

Some of us around here think you are so full of shit in terms of your gaming, what the fuck kind of gear do you even have dude.

~ Pure Life ~ Argonnessen ~

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Apr 2nd, 2011 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
Alekx wrote on Apr 2nd, 2011 at 2:09pm:
Some of us around here think you are so full of shit in terms of your gaming, what the fuck kind of gear do you even have dude.

http://my.ddo.com/character/sarlona/soulmachine/

Esos + devils ruin augment crystal

Also, for my fighter when I eventually get around to gearing it has a +5 and +3 metalline of pure good khopesh. I planned on icy bursting them whenever icy games came back - I'll probably make some of these awesome weapons with the new crafting system though. I just can't justify the larges for a minII.

I just meh don't feel like playing a fighter, so he's not worth linking. He's got pretty crap gear, tbh.
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2011 at 2:27pm by Soul »  

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Apr 2nd, 2011 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
Sorry about your jealousy problems though. I'm sure with enough time we can iron that out.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #5 - Apr 2nd, 2011 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
Please reserve this thread for discussions of crafting and keep the dick waving for every other thread that you post in, Soul.

fnord

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Apr 2nd, 2011 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Apr 2nd, 2011 at 2:38pm:
Please reserve this thread for discussions of crafting and keep the dick waving for every other thread that you post in, Soul.

Haha, that made me lol irl. I think what I was trying to say was that it's a waste of larges to make minII's anyway. People are usually willing to part with MoPG for a large of two. I think I've spent 5 scales between the two khopeshes rather than 10~ of each large.

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #7 - Apr 2nd, 2011 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
Alekx wrote on Apr 2nd, 2011 at 2:09pm:

Smiley
Alekx, you are Kosher!
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2011 at 2:48pm by Hordo »  

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #8 - Apr 2nd, 2011 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Apr 2nd, 2011 at 2:38pm:

Do not attempt to censor the bitching.

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

Zippo
Hooters

Ooooh what's this button
do?

Reply #9 - Apr 2nd, 2011 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
JC wrote on Apr 2nd, 2011 at 2:55pm:
Do not attempt to censor the bitching.

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #10 - Apr 2nd, 2011 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Apr 2nd, 2011 at 12:05pm:
Here's what I understand from current threads so far.  A new Crafting discussion forum is available at
http://forums.ddo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=238

Step 1: the prefix, the enhancement + or the suffix off of a weapon or item to get crafting materials.  You get "good beams" from Holy, Holy Burst, Pure Good or Righteousness, for example.
Step 2: turn any weapon that you have into a craftable blank.  The enhancement +, the prefix and the suffix go away, but the weapon or armor's look stay and any metal type stays.  I don't yet know if guild slots or race restriction stays on the weapon if you do this.
Step 3: use your "good beams" ingredients and "water beams" and whatever along with your new craftable blank to make a new weapon using the Cove-style barter window that lists recipies for you.  There are approximately 17.3 bajillion possible recipes.

Yes, that does mean you can craft a +5 Holy Burst Silver Khopesh of Greater Lawful Outsider Bane.  MinII is now dead.

Pope, I was just on there and it seems there are Crafting Items that can only be gotten via questing in chests and end-rewards, yes?

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Reply #11 - Apr 2nd, 2011 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
Hordo wrote on Apr 2nd, 2011 at 5:19pm:
Pope, I was just on there and it seems there are Crafting Items that can only be gotten via questing in chests and end-rewards, yes?

I was on there playing around with it and it seems everything but the dragonshards seems to be able to be gained from deconstruction or crafting for your final product. But it will require alot of crafting and item deconstruction.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #12 - Apr 2nd, 2011 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
Hordo wrote on Apr 2nd, 2011 at 5:19pm:

I think that the most important things to know are
-that final assembly of an item is easy once you have the components manufactured.  You will be able to make one Hagglebard/mule/crafting peon that can pass BTA ingredients to another character with low crafting skill who will still be able to craft the final BtC item.
-that you can buy pretty much everything that you want for crafting in the DDO store on Llamaland, so ZOMGDOOMWTFBBQ!!!1! tehy r selling raid level gear in teh store!  I'm actually really unhappy about this too even though I have some minor hope that this part won't make it through to Live.
-that you can make some really outstanding gear, but that many raid items have so many effects packed into one slot that you'll probably make more twink items than level 20 godkilling weapons.

fnord

IP Logged

Semper
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Apr 2nd, 2011 at 9:58pm
Print Post  
it looked to me that you won't have a good % to make a weapon if your just moving the ingredients over to a non crafting character to make the weapons but I still need to mess with it more

IP Logged

Alekx
VoD Slasher

Argonnessen

Reply #14 - Apr 2nd, 2011 at 10:13pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Apr 2nd, 2011 at 6:10pm:
tehy r selling raid level gear in teh store!  I'm actually really unhappy about this too even though I have some minor hope that this part won't make it through to Live.

when they sell completionist on the store i will be the first one to buy it just to mock all the OCD players grinding 4+ year old content ad nauseum.

edit: I checked out the URL to your character and all I found was an old ass wf fvs with  0 past lifes.
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2011 at 10:20pm by Alekx »  

~ Pure Life ~ Argonnessen ~

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Apr 2nd, 2011 at 10:25pm
Print Post  
Alekx wrote on Apr 2nd, 2011 at 10:13pm:
*Bashes completionists because they grind out a lot of XP*

*Contradicts myself by bashing someone for not grinding out a lot of XP*

/irony

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #16 - Apr 2nd, 2011 at 10:39pm
Print Post  
Alekx wrote on Apr 2nd, 2011 at 10:13pm:
when they sell completionist on the store i will be the first one to buy it just to mock all the OCD players grinding 4+ year old content ad nauseum.

edit: I checked out the URL to your character and all I found was an old ass wf fvs with  0 past lifes.

I don't want "good" gear kept out of the store because I want to keep new players from getting what I have.  I want "good" gear kept out of the store because I think it's really shitty to have people buy completions and buy XP and buy guild levels with cash when the whole point of the game is to do all that in the game.

I'm very happy with the gear that I have so far since I know that it's either placeholder gear or "good enough" and I'm slowly getting more gear by playing the game.  If I could buy all the stuff that I want directly from the DDO store, would I?  I really don't know.  I hope that I wouldn't, but I might end up impulse buying a pair of Holy Burst Silver Khopeshes of GLOB and I'm pretty sure that I'd be unhappy about that decision in hindsight.

I'm perfectly okay with people getting Cove epic gear since they played the game to get it.  I just don't like the idea of giving Turbine $$$ to get gear (just like I don't like the idea of a DM's girlfriend getting extra HP or a shiny sword just because the DM hopes for a bj later that night).

fnord

IP Logged

Anslet
Waterworks Kobold

I'm not conceited, I'm
convinced.

Reply #17 - Apr 3rd, 2011 at 5:36am
Print Post  
The grind for this overall is extremely annoying. 

1. I don't see a new player purchasing via the store all the shit you need to level.  Quite frankly you'd be better off (monetarily) buying shit from a gold seller or something.

2. The system is shit if the craftables remain btc on live.  Wtf in their right mind will grind this shit on multiple characters?  It's bad enough that it will be very costly (plat) to cap out 1 character per account let alone the time factor.

3.  The return value on this stuff is seriously fucking retarded.  To put Holy burst on an item you need 21 Beacons, 1024 Beams, 25 frags and 2 lodestones.  When I decon'ed a holy burst I got 13 Beams.  Wow.  Wtf?  Is Turbine's math really this fucking bad?  Oh wait a minute, it does explain so many bugs Grin

The items you can make are nice but in no way are worth the effort imo.  Especially now wth some mobs' resistances being changed, gs weapons' stock went up a little.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Apr 3rd, 2011 at 5:57am
Print Post  
Anslet wrote on Apr 3rd, 2011 at 5:36am:
The grind for this overall is extremely annoying. 

1. I don't see a new player purchasing via the store all the shit you need to level.  Quite frankly you'd be better off (monetarily) buying shit from a gold seller or something.

2. The system is shit if the craftables remain btc on live.  Wtf in their right mind will grind this shit on multiple characters?  It's bad enough that it will be very costly (plat) to cap out 1 character per account let alone the time factor.

3.  The return value on this stuff is seriously fucking retarded.  To put Holy burst on an item you need 21 Beacons, 1024 Beams, 25 frags and 2 lodestones.  When I decon'ed a holy burst I got 13 Beams.  Wow.  Wtf?  Is Turbine's math really this fucking bad?  Oh wait a minute, it does explain so many bugs Grin

The items you can make are nice but in no way are worth the effort imo.  Especially now wth some mobs' resistances being changed, gs weapons' stock went up a little.

wait...what you craft is gonna be BTC after crafting it?

IP Logged

Anslet
Waterworks Kobold

I'm not conceited, I'm
convinced.

Reply #19 - Apr 3rd, 2011 at 6:19am
Print Post  
The few items I've made so far have been. I've tried random loot and store bought weapons both yielding the bind on acquire tag.

If there is a way to get items not bound it would definitely change my opinion, on that point anyway.  However if it (non binding) was exclusive to a few crappy recipes then it would still be bad.

IP Logged

Azuphle
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Apr 3rd, 2011 at 7:04am
Print Post  
Theres a quote from Eladrin out there. It says that you will be able to craft unbound Shards later on, which would require a higher crafting skill than bound ones though.
Since combining a Shard with an item is always 100%, you can trade the unbound Shards with non-crafters or switch it around between toons.

On another note: if you get a blank from a BtA item, it stays BtA after crafting whatever on it.
If I remember right WW had BtA rings, bracers,... sometimes even Silver Weaponary in it's reward list...

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Apr 3rd, 2011 at 7:18am
Print Post  
Azuphle wrote on Apr 3rd, 2011 at 7:04am:
Theres a quote from Eladrin out there. It says that you will be able to craft unbound Shards later on, which would require a higher crafting skill than bound ones though.

Good. I'll just start getting my Bard and Monk started lol.

IP Logged

Auran
Stormreaver Piker

www.drama.yourserver
.ok?

Reply #22 - Apr 3rd, 2011 at 10:50am
Print Post  
From experience on Llama land.

Made +2 enhancement shard, holy shard, life stealing shard and rapier blank on my sorc.

Put them in the shared bank so my rogue could get them out (he had not even stepped into the crafting area at this point) Was able to make a +2 Holy Rapier of Life Stealing without any points at all in any craft skills, it actually increased my crafting level on my rogue from the small amount of xp you get adding shards to the item.

For some reason, if you put a shard in a BTC bag and take it out, sometimes it ends up bound to character, if you put it back in the BTC bag and take it out again it reverts back to BTA. I think this is related to the other bug where you can put BTC items (like shroud pie pieces) into a bag with other BTA items and it changes the pie pieces to BTA. Shards are meant to be BTA though.

Opinions are like paraplegic circus penguins, no-one likes it when you shove one down their throat.

IP Logged

Quikster
Titan Demolisher

n00balicious

Reply #23 - Apr 3rd, 2011 at 12:20pm
Print Post  
Its a lot to buy imo. Even once the efficient routes to fast crafting xp are found. I used about 20 bucks of tp yesterday and wasnt close to having enough to craft anything stellar.

I would consider buying a large bag to hold everything in on each acct, but no way would I buy my way to nice gear. But thats just me.

~The Quikmeister~

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Apr 3rd, 2011 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
Auran wrote on Apr 3rd, 2011 at 10:50am:
From experience on Llama land.

Made +2 enhancement shard, holy shard, life stealing shard and rapier blank on my sorc.

Put them in the shared bank so my rogue could get them out (he had not even stepped into the crafting area at this point) Was able to make a +2 Holy Rapier of Life Stealing without any points at all in any craft skills, it actually increased my crafting level on my rogue from the small amount of xp you get adding shards to the item.

For some reason, if you put a shard in a BTC bag and take it out, sometimes it ends up bound to character, if you put it back in the BTC bag and take it out again it reverts back to BTA. I think this is related to the other bug where you can put BTC items (like shroud pie pieces) into a bag with other BTA items and it changes the pie pieces to BTA. Shards are meant to be BTA though.

Do the crafted items become bound?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint