Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic I predict U9 will be.... (Read 1524 times)
Tspoon
Ex Member

I predict U9 will be....
Apr 5th, 2011 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
The most broken update yet!  I may be getting a lot of neg rep for my sarchastic DDO beta2 post, but the amount of game mechanics changes and overall gameplay changes that are being rolled into U9 essentially makes us all beta testers. 

There are already major issues on Lammania and we know that if it's bad there it will only be worse once the update goes live and the whole population is playing it.  Based on the various stuff posted by Ink, I wonder if there is any testing of the actual builds that go onto Lammania because it sounds like Mounlands has all kinds of things going on at once.   Does Turbine settle on the Lammania build and then put that up on Mounlands for while to see how it works in terms of real playability, I doubt it...  T

IP Logged

Jaxx
Fleet Admiral

Re: I predict U9 will be....
Reply #1 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
Gee, way to go out on a limb there Forkboy  Cheesy

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #2 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
I think the difficulty with Lama is that the player base isn't high enough to provide any meaningful group feedback. I know when I go on (and admittedly I'm off peak, but still) there's bugger all in terms of LFMs up there. So I end up soloing. Which gives me a feel for the build, but tells me nothing about latency effects, group dynamics in raids and all of that good stuff.

So it's hard to give meaningful feedback.

Liking the new PrE., crafting is easy to understand but looks boring as hell and my intent is to wait until we've had it clarified when crafting will become unbound, because there's no way in hell I'm levelling more than one toon with it!

IP Logged

Tspoon
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 10:33pm
Print Post  
Jaxx wrote on Apr 5th, 2011 at 5:50pm:
Gee, way to go out on a limb there Forkboy  Cheesy

Laugh it up pal, let's see how you like eating with your fingers again... 
Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
Terebinthia wrote on Apr 5th, 2011 at 7:56pm:
I think the difficulty with Lama is that the player base isn't high enough to provide any meaningful group feedback. I know when I go on (and admittedly I'm off peak, but still) there's bugger all in terms of LFMs up there. So I end up soloing. Which gives me a feel for the build, but tells me nothing about latency effects, group dynamics in raids and all of that good stuff.

So it's hard to give meaningful feedback.

Liking the new PrE., crafting is easy to understand but looks boring as hell and my intent is to wait until we've had it clarified when crafting will become unbound, because there's no way in hell I'm levelling more than one toon with it!

Exactly, It just seems to me, this update is making more wholesale changes in gameplay than any other, which were mostly tweaks.   Turbine is gonna need a bunch of extra staff to handle all the blowback...
« Last Edit: Apr 5th, 2011 at 10:34pm by »  

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #4 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 10:42pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Turbine is gonna need a bunch of extra staff to handle all the blowback...

Free blowjobs I didn't see that in the release notes.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Emili
Shroud Slacker

Reply #5 - Apr 6th, 2011 at 12:47am
Print Post  

I'm a little mixed on it... I was talking to Klean and we agree is pretty straight forward in the caster area ... debuff then cast is what is called for.

Yet many of the game basic dynamics were built around the old spell system, likewise much the agro system concerning hate/threat reduction and intimidate. It is also questionable how other parts of the combat system will be given such light. All of the classes and PrE's were designed in scope around the old system also.

Personally am thinking Turbine is going to make a huge profit on reincarnate hearts and respecs... or turn many people off.

Prior the scope encompassing changes affected so few, an additional class or additional PrE viewed as an upgrade by the players. They were antiquated but something new and better... or a minor change like WoP, etc... scope hits a smaller select group of players and only one or two characters they have. These changes seem to encompass a larger segment and way of doing things by far.

Every bloody nuance the players dislike or did not have understanding in release notes will be reported as bugs or dismay by the player base ... even those wai with poor documentation will be scrutinized and argued over by the customers and Turbine is going to be in flux for months with the debris.
« Last Edit: Apr 6th, 2011 at 12:56am by Emili »  

|IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 | IMaj7 vim7 | iim7 V13 |III7+  VI9 | iim9  V13 |IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 |IMaj7 vim7 |iim7 V13 |I6  ivm7  bVII9 |I69   |

Bonheur dans la vie, c'est d'aimer et d'etre aimé et quand s'en va, l'espoir fuit.

IP Logged

Infraction
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Apr 6th, 2011 at 6:21am
Print Post  
massive game play change.

massive amount of nerfs.

massive amount of rage quits

massive amount of fun too..

after go live, expect it hard to find any good groups for awhile, making it worse.

then the druid threads will begin

IP Logged

Ghaldar
Korthos Resident

Speaking of poultry have
you seen my cock?

Reply #7 - Apr 8th, 2011 at 10:06am
Print Post  
Do you think these changes are as big as the enhancement system?  That was a pretty major game changer too.  It ended up working out pretty well IMO.  I was even one who was going to ragequit over human versatility nerf and ended up being able to change with things.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #8 - Apr 8th, 2011 at 10:19am
Print Post  
The crafting system seems kind of cool.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint