Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) khyber (Read 21486 times)
Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

khyber
Apr 26th, 2011 at 4:21am
Print Post  
So I made a new guy on khyber.  Currently a level 9 paladin, Epochs, the leveling is SOOO much better then argo.  Pugs definitely win out on khyber.  Also, instead of blind invites for guilds, people actually ask first.  It is odd, I can get used to it though.

All in all, not bad so far.

-I have even ran into a couple people I haven't seen since Co8 existed.  Crazy.
« Last Edit: Apr 26th, 2011 at 4:24am by Epoch »  

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Ashurr
Stormreaver Piker

C'est le bonton roulette

Re: khyber
Reply #1 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 7:05am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Apr 26th, 2011 at 4:21am:
So I made a new guy on khyber.  Currently a level 9 paladin, Epochs, the leveling is SOOO much better then argo.  Pugs definitely win out on khyber.  Also, instead of blind invites for guilds, people actually ask first.  It is odd, I can get used to it though.

All in all, not bad so far.

-I have even ran into a couple people I haven't seen since Co8 existed.  Crazy.

What, did ya think we were all lyin to ya? lol welcome aboard mate.

Keith Baker asks me questions about Eberron

Alekx wrote on Nov 29th, 2010 at 11:32am:
You were right, you win this round scotsman.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #2 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 7:26am
Print Post  
Ashurr wrote on Apr 26th, 2011 at 7:05am:
What, did ya think we were all lyin to ya? lol welcome aboard mate.

I will have to see how the raiding is done before I move any characters over.  So far pretty pleasant though.  Now if I can just get lucky in a von 6 later today and get me an SoS.  I wont be running around with my korthos axe and +whatever pure good maul.

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Ashurr
Stormreaver Piker

C'est le bonton roulette

Reply #3 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 7:39am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Apr 26th, 2011 at 7:26am:
I will have to see how the raiding is done before I move any characters over.  So far pretty pleasant though.  Now if I can just get lucky in a von 6 later today and get me an SoS.  I wont be running around with my korthos axe and +whatever pure good maul.

Lemme know what time you'll be on if ya want someone to run with.

Keith Baker asks me questions about Eberron

Alekx wrote on Nov 29th, 2010 at 11:32am:
You were right, you win this round scotsman.

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #4 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 7:51am
Print Post  

Well, the raiding used to be super awesome...like when my level 4 paladin went Shrouding...ahhh those were the days!

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #5 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 7:54am
Print Post  
Hordo wrote on Apr 26th, 2011 at 7:51am:
Well, the raiding used to be super awesome...like when my level 4 paladin went Shrouding...ahhh those were the days!

OG, those were the days.  I remember getting gear as a level 1.  +2 tomes, sos, fom boots, titan gear, shroud level 8 greensteel.  *sniff sniff* memories.

Ashurr wrote on Apr 26th, 2011 at 7:39am:
Lemme know what time you'll be on if ya want someone to run with.

Me and my gimpness will be online in approximately 3 1/2~4 hours at the latest. 
Finished farming for red fens sets and von 5/6 flagged.  Really hoping for the SoS, I know I wont get it though, but I like to fantasize.  Need to farm von 3, then do threnals for cloak so i have lamemans TS.  Then after that it is lordsmarch farming for some gear.  Gorgon armor and the katras wit, terezas sight, and maenrys fist.  Then at 13 upgrade em for their improvements.  So much to do... if I only could play at work....

but yes, the more the merrier.
« Last Edit: Apr 26th, 2011 at 8:00am by Epoch »  

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #6 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 9:29am
Print Post  

Think you will find the raiding to be pretty solid in pugs too.  Lots of LFM's up during peak hours.  Last night, for example, there was a steady stream of Evon6, edq2, VoD, Reavers, Hound, and, of course, Shroud. 

Just avoid Hound Elite pugs done the "new piking way".  Those are a cluster fuck.  Been in 4 of them.  Only 1 completed.  Too many puggers can't follow the simple instructions of STAND STILL.  DONT MOVE.  WAIT HERE. 

It only takes one moron to jack the whole thing up, too.

I'd rather run Hound the old way.  It's faster and the completion percentage was at least 75-80% on pugs with a bard.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #7 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 9:45am
Print Post  
Hound is easy.  On elite if you ahve a warchanter and a halfling with his little buddy enhancements you can kill xyzzy before the beholders.  On hard with a good warchanter you can kill xyzzy before the beholders.  Without the halfling with his buddy perks all you have to do is have all the retarded melee split into 2 groups and run circles opposite of each other killing everything.  It is more boring then anything else. 

I have no reason to touch hound though, all the loot there sucks balls.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #8 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 9:46am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Apr 26th, 2011 at 9:29am:
Think you will find the raiding to be pretty solid in pugs too.  Lots of LFM's up during peak hours.  Last night, for example, there was a steady stream of Evon6, edq2, VoD, Reavers, Hound, and, of course, Shroud. 

Just avoid Hound Elite pugs done the "new piking way".  Those are a cluster fuck.  Been in 4 of them.  Only 1 completed.  Too many puggers can't follow the simple instructions of STAND STILL.  DONT MOVE.  WAIT HERE. 

I'd rather run Hound the old way.  It's faster and the completion percentage was at least 75-80% on pugs with a bard. 

Ug, the "new" way makes we want to punch babies.  Last Hound PUG I joined was for normal, and the leader insisted on sneaking around and spending 20 minutes gathering up 8 stones before pulling mama bitch.  20 MINUTES!  ON NORMAL!  This needs to stop before someone gets hurt.

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #9 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 9:49am
Print Post  
Schmoe wrote on Apr 26th, 2011 at 9:46am:
Ug, the "new" way makes we want to punch babies.  Last Hound PUG I joined was for normal, and the leader insisted on sneaking around and spending 20 minutes gathering up 8 stones before pulling mama bitch.  20 MINUTES!  ON NORMAL!  This needs to stop before someone gets hurt.

Whoa whoa whoa, I need to learn this new method that causes hound to stop being 6 minutes long.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #10 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 9:53am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Apr 26th, 2011 at 9:49am:
Whoa whoa whoa, I need to learn this new method that causes hound to stop being 6 minutes long.

It's terrible.  I don't know if I can bring myself to re-live it or spread the madness.  I'll think about it.

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

whatshisface
Waterworks Kobold

Chicks with dex represent!

Reply #11 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 10:21am
Print Post  
If you haven't gotten a blind guild and/or party invite yet, it's pure luck. Somebody should send you a long and interesting ingame mail, that should do it.

Chicks with dex represent!

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #12 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 10:24am
Print Post  
whatshisface wrote on Apr 26th, 2011 at 10:21am:
If you haven't gotten a blind guild and/or party invite yet, it's pure luck. Somebody should send you a long and interesting ingame mail, that should do it.

It is crazy, people asked me first.  Was odd.  I have no idea about any guilds though.  One guy in the guild legends told me if I plan to stay on khyber to look him up.  I am pretty testy on guilds though, I demand raids and epic raids.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #13 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 10:27am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Apr 26th, 2011 at 9:49am:

Skirting the outer edge of the instance doesn't cause Xyyzyyyyzyzy to activate, but you can still kill the flayers for their stones. The extra flayers will even spawn if you stand around with your thumb in your ass long enough.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #14 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 10:34am
Print Post  
Glenalth wrote on Apr 26th, 2011 at 10:27am:
Skirting the outer edge of the instance doesn't cause Xyyzyyyyzyzy to activate, but you can still kill the flayers for their stones. The extra flayers will even spawn if you stand around with your thumb in your ass long enough.

Wow, sad day when people are that gimp.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #15 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 10:46am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Apr 26th, 2011 at 10:34am:
Wow, sad day when people are that gimp.

The best part was how I found out about it.

Was in a Doomdancers (Russians!) PUG and one of the people they picked up was meticulously explaining how we were going to do this sneaking around thing. He gets through his stupidly complex way of explaining it when the party leader/tank just runs straight into the center of the room like normal because he didn't speak English and had no idea what this guy was saying.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #16 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 10:49am
Print Post  
Glenalth wrote on Apr 26th, 2011 at 10:46am:
The best part was how I found out about it.

Was in a Doomdancers (Russians!) PUG and one of the people they picked up was meticulously explaining how we were going to do this sneaking around thing. He gets through his stupidly complex way of explaining it when the party leader/tank just runs straight into the center of the room like normal because he didn't speak English and had no idea what this guy was saying.

Thank you for the laugh.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #17 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 10:49am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Apr 26th, 2011 at 9:29am:

I'm not one to normally get upset over the different ways one wants to run raids.  I actually think it helps me out in being more versatile as a player.  But this new hound thing is completely fucked up.

I tried it once.  Wanted to see if people actually did that shit.  And they do...  Freaking 35mins for some asshat to sneak around with a throwing dagger while ordering everyone else not to move is asinine. 

I want my damn 5 min hounds back.  It's enough of a time sink dragging players to the raid enterance.  I don't have the patience to sit in the doorway for over a half hour watching some dumbass try to sneak around.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #18 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 10:49am
Print Post  
Schmoe wrote on Apr 26th, 2011 at 9:53am:
It's terrible.  I don't know if I can bring myself to re-live it or spread the madness.  I'll think about it.

A guild run of Elite Hound is one thing with the new method. 

A pug run on norm is just lame. Use the old 6 min way for norm runs.  Why waste the time?

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in
Argonnessen Apple flavor!

Reply #19 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 11:04am
Print Post  
Because PUGs fail the short runs all too often?

Epoch wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 5:15am:
When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

Eladiun wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 1:46pm:
If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

Alekx
VoD Slasher

Argonnessen

Reply #20 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 11:13am
Print Post  
Aint no fun if them bigass beholders aint spawning.

~ Pure Life ~ Argonnessen ~

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in

Reply #21 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 11:17am
Print Post  
Alekx wrote on Apr 26th, 2011 at 11:13am:
Aint no fun if them bigass beholders aint spawning.

It's fun to fail?

When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

Alekx
VoD Slasher

Argonnessen

Reply #22 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 11:19am
Print Post  
Hi Welcome wrote on Apr 26th, 2011 at 11:17am:
It's fun to fail?

Ill take a hard earned completion over pushing the easy button any day.

ps: funny coming from a guy whose guild was "Epic Failure"
« Last Edit: Apr 26th, 2011 at 11:19am by Alekx »  

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in

Reply #23 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 11:21am
Print Post  
Alekx wrote on Apr 26th, 2011 at 11:19am:
Ill take a hard earned completion over pushing the easy button any day.

ps: funny coming from a guy whose guild was "Epic Failure"

Lol. The guild name "Epic Failure" was meant to be ironic. I was actually making a different reference though, one in that poor players attempt to justify their poor playing by claiming it is enjoyable to do things that way. In other words, it's fun to fail. Not saying you are doing that, I know better. But a Hound with Beholders running around definitely fit the bill, and I couldn't pass up the opportunity.

IP Logged

Alekx
VoD Slasher

Argonnessen

Reply #24 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 11:26am
Print Post  
Hi Welcome wrote on Apr 26th, 2011 at 11:21am:
Lol. The guild name "Epic Failure" was meant to be ironic. I was actually making a different reference though, one in that poor players attempt to justify their poor playing by claiming it is enjoyable to do things that way. In other words, it's fun to fail. Not saying you are doing that, I know better. But a Hound with Beholders running around definitely fit the bill, and I couldn't pass up the opportunity.

I know bro. Im friends with the kraut.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Send TopicPrint