Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) khyber (Read 21500 times)
Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in
Argonnessen Apple flavor!

Re: khyber
Reply #25 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 11:31am
Print Post  
Alekx wrote on Apr 26th, 2011 at 11:26am:
I know bro. Im friends with the kraut.

Smiley

Just don't click any links they send you.

Epoch wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 5:15am:
When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

Eladiun wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 1:46pm:
If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

Pallai
Stormreaver Piker

Keeper of the Rangersauce

Reply #26 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 11:35am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Apr 26th, 2011 at 4:21am:
So I made a new guy on khyber.  Currently a level 9 paladin, Epochs, the leveling is SOOO much better then argo.  Pugs definitely win out on khyber.  Also, instead of blind invites for guilds, people actually ask first.  It is odd, I can get used to it though.

All in all, not bad so far.

-I have even ran into a couple people I haven't seen since Co8 existed.  Crazy.

Don't you DARE move all your toons over from Argo.

Og.  Undecided

Pallai, Ascent
Saraphima, Chennai, Northenstar, Chellai Nothing Personal
Argonessen

IP Logged

Pallai
Stormreaver Piker

Keeper of the Rangersauce

Reply #27 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 11:38am
Print Post  
Glenalth wrote on Apr 26th, 2011 at 10:27am:
Skirting the outer edge of the instance doesn't cause Xyyzyyyyzyzy to activate, but you can still kill the flayers for their stones. The extra flayers will even spawn if you stand around with your thumb in your ass long enough.

Waiiiiiiiiiiiit....

So people just skirt the outside for a million jillion stones???

Pallai, Ascent
Saraphima, Chennai, Northenstar, Chellai Nothing Personal
Argonessen

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #28 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 11:39am
Print Post  
Pallai wrote on Apr 26th, 2011 at 11:35am:

Og.  Undecided

It would be awhile before I did that.  Argo is getting pretty lame though.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #29 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 11:40am
Print Post  
Glenalth wrote on Apr 26th, 2011 at 10:46am:
The best part was how I found out about it.

Was in a Doomdancers (Russians!) PUG and one of the people they picked up was meticulously explaining how we were going to do this sneaking around thing. He gets through his stupidly complex way of explaining it when the party leader/tank just runs straight into the center of the room like normal because he didn't speak English and had no idea what this guy was saying.

lmao, that is awesome.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Alekx
VoD Slasher

Argonnessen

Reply #30 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 11:48am
Print Post  
Pallai wrote on Apr 26th, 2011 at 11:35am:

Og.  Undecided

he doesnt have anything to transfer (all gimpd) so he just starts over Cheesy

PS I think its awesome that Nick and Justin are taking over the elite endgame in Khyber.
« Last Edit: Apr 26th, 2011 at 11:50am by Alekx »  

~ Pure Life ~ Argonnessen ~

IP Logged

Tydeth
Korthos Resident

Novice

Reply #31 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
Glenalth wrote on Apr 26th, 2011 at 10:27am:
Skirting the outer edge of the instance doesn't cause Xyyzyyyyzyzy to activate, but you can still kill the flayers for their stones. The extra flayers will even spawn if you stand around with your thumb in your ass long enough.

I've been told about that new method before, though the guy explaining it was claiming it was a bug/exploit and that he reported it as such. Considering the Illithids spawn regardless of the boss, I don't see how killing them to farm stones is one, but if there's a way to do that run in ~6 minutes for any group then that new method is definitely a waste of time.

Either way if the Devs decide to agree with that report, we may see the new way go away soon enough. If they don't, then we'll just have 2 methods to running Hound.

Edit: How exactly do you do the 6 minute run? What stuff(equipment, potions, etc) should the group members be reasonably expected to have to pull it off? I haven't run Hound yet... or any raid for that matter other than TS and Chrono.
« Last Edit: Apr 26th, 2011 at 12:57pm by Tydeth »  

IP Logged

Cor
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
Tydeth wrote on Apr 26th, 2011 at 12:57pm:
Edit: How exactly do you do the 6 minute run? What stuff(equipment, potions, etc) should the group members be reasonably expected to have to pull it off? I haven't run Hound yet... or any raid for that matter other than TS and Chrono.

A good Normal run of Hound is easily 6 minutes.  If you have a Bard, Xyxxy should be vulnerable by the time the first three stones run out.  The stones last 3 minutes.  This is just doing it the "expected" way.  It's a short raid.  You spend more time travelling to it through the Sub than you do actually running it.

In case you don't know, the boss is initially invulnerable, except to the attacks of her pups.  So we use control stones to charm the pups into attacking her.  At a certain point, she becomes vulnerable to attack, and everyone ganks her.

Elite can get harry as you need more than one set of stones, so it requires more coordination, which can be problem in PUGs.  You'll also get Beholders, which can mess things up real quick when they anti-magic the charmed dogs.

The new method is basically guaranteed completion, as long as noone does anything completely stupid (so far so good in the runs I've been in), but takes a while.  As such, its a waste to use it on anything but Elite.  Running a normal Hound using the new method is just an idiotic waste if time.
« Last Edit: Apr 26th, 2011 at 1:14pm by Cor »  

IP Logged

Emili
Shroud Slacker

Reply #33 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Apr 26th, 2011 at 9:29am:
Think you will find the raiding to be pretty solid in pugs too.  Lots of LFM's up during peak hours.  Last night, for example, there was a steady stream of Evon6, edq2, VoD, Reavers, Hound, and, of course, Shroud. 

Just avoid Hound Elite pugs done the "new piking way".  Those are a cluster fuck.  Been in 4 of them.  Only 1 completed.  Too many puggers can't follow the simple instructions of STAND STILL.  DONT MOVE.  WAIT HERE. 

It only takes one moron to jack the whole thing up, too.

I'd rather run Hound the old way.  It's faster and the completion percentage was at least 75-80% on pugs with a bard. 

The high level pugs are good among the channels once outside them is a little roulette. Still, is prbably me... I remember the times Hordo speaks of.

I mainly run epics and ToD's now ... shroud, vod, hound, SoS I always considered a given - am shocked when people in part 2 tell in party was the quickest they seen the bosses cleared and imagine they must never have run a shroud speed run.

In VoD the other day someone told me my cleric should use her aura - helps out a lot - told him sorry the cleric is an old caster build, Then he sent tell later he was surprised we made it thru - I had spare mana. I had not the heart to tell him we used to run the quest on elite at level 16 before any RS pre and clerics used to solo heal it even without a wf tank.

« Last Edit: Apr 26th, 2011 at 2:03pm by Emili »  

|IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 | IMaj7 vim7 | iim7 V13 |III7+  VI9 | iim9  V13 |IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 |IMaj7 vim7 |iim7 V13 |I6  ivm7  bVII9 |I69   |

Bonheur dans la vie, c'est d'aimer et d'etre aimé et quand s'en va, l'espoir fuit.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #34 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
Alekx wrote on Apr 26th, 2011 at 11:48am:
he doesnt have anything to transfer (all gimpd) so he just starts over Cheesy

PS I think its awesome that Nick and Justin are taking over the elite endgame in Khyber.

Well, Justin is level 9 and Nick grabbing open spots in pugs is hardly "taking over" the elite endgame.  But regardless its a fun server with active pug endgame and the more the merrier.  You should bring some toons over too.  Or just play your stealth toon that you had a while back. 

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #35 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
Emili wrote on Apr 26th, 2011 at 1:35pm:
The high level pugs are good among the channels once outside them is a little roulette. Still, is prbably me... I remember the times Hordo speaks of.

I mainly run epics and ToD's now ... shroud, vod, hound, SoS I always considered a given - am shocked when people in part 2 tell in party was the quickest they seen the bosses cleared and imagine they must never have run a shroud speed run.

In VoD the other day someone told me my cleric should use her aura - helps out a lot - told him sorry the cleric is an old caster build, Then he sent tell later he was surprised we made it thru ... I had not the heart to tell him we used to run the quest on elite at level 16 before any RS pre and clerics used to solo heal it even without a wf tank.

Lots of newer players that haven't gotten it down to a science yet.  And never will.  The toon power difference between 16 and 20 has resulted in players becoming sloppy about quest knowledge.  You can complete smoothly without knowing the quest very well or using any tactics.  You just use gear, large mana pool and large HP pools to overcome your sloppy play. 

Now players see a vet in VoD and notice they are not taking damage and think it's a badass build or gear.  A lot can be accomplished by standing in the right place at the right time and knowing what is coming, when it's coming and from what direction.

IP Logged

Alekx
VoD Slasher

Argonnessen

Reply #36 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Apr 26th, 2011 at 1:47pm:
Well, Justin is level 9 and Nick grabbing open spots in pugs is hardly "taking over" the elite endgame.  But regardless its a fun server with active pug endgame and the more the merrier.  You should bring some toons over too.  Or just play your stealth toon that you had a while back. 

Justin wanted me to transfer but I need to finish at least one decent multiple TR character before I even consider joining his crew.

~ Pure Life ~ Argonnessen ~

IP Logged

Emili
Shroud Slacker

Reply #37 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Apr 26th, 2011 at 2:00pm:
Lots of newer players that haven't gotten it down to a science yet.  And never will.  The toon power difference between 16 and 20 has resulted in players becoming sloppy about quest knowledge.  You can complete smoothly without knowing the quest very well or using any tactics.  You just use gear, large mana pool and large HP pools to overcome your sloppy play. 

Now players see a vet in VoD and notice they are not taking damage and think it's a badass build or gear.  A lot can be accomplished by standing in the right place at the right time and knowing what is coming, when it's coming and from what direction.   

I do not lead raids ... I have not for a long time, My top goal in FH was to turn every single hero into a raid lord - I believed empowerment the key to creating a decent player and strong guild - and Shamgar was the last I really pushed into it. All those times I passed the star was due trust and vision. I shed the little I knew and wished others to work with it.

Raids are simple and really I prefer those people who approach them with a little thought ... the good raid leaders on khyber imo are Norg, Clean, Eightball, Shamgar, Aussiee, Stopwound, Velash and Crazy. I'll state as to why - these people try to adjust around the team - not the team to the raid, in quest they fomulate and the wheels spin to approach each set of tasks working with what they have on the spur of the moment
« Last Edit: Apr 26th, 2011 at 2:12pm by Emili »  

|IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 | IMaj7 vim7 | iim7 V13 |III7+  VI9 | iim9  V13 |IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 |IMaj7 vim7 |iim7 V13 |I6  ivm7  bVII9 |I69   |

Bonheur dans la vie, c'est d'aimer et d'etre aimé et quand s'en va, l'espoir fuit.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
Pallai wrote on Apr 26th, 2011 at 11:38am:
Waiiiiiiiiiiiit....

So people just skirt the outside for a million jillion stones???

It's boring. It was ncie for the easy Elite hound completion (with max XP) but it took 30 minutes of waiting...ugh. Once and done, thanks.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #39 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Apr 26th, 2011 at 1:47pm:

Wait, 9? He capped again >.> Was farming eChrono with him last night.

IP Logged

Aerniel
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Apr 26th, 2011 at 11:39am:
Argo is getting pretty lame though.

This.

Arkenkaden - Dunker - Bichin - Donkeypunchd

Sincerely,
      The Sausage Priest of Argonessen.
Alekx wrote on Jun 13th, 2011 at 6:14pm:
Sorry to burst your pony bubble you fruitcake, go fuck yourself.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #41 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Apr 26th, 2011 at 10:49am:
A guild run of Elite Hound is one thing with the new method. 

A pug run on norm is just lame. Use the old 6 min way for norm runs.  Why waste the time?

Yeah, we 3 or 4 manned it a few weeks ago, which was interesting to see the new technique and my guildie did a good job of explaining it. But good grief how dull. I may have missed some stuff because it was about 4 am and I was pretty inebriated but looked like a snooze fest to run.

And the loot isn't really worth bothering with. Tumbleweed? Lorrik's neck if you are that way inclined, ditto ring of Thelis. Anything else not shit drop in Hound? I have two out of the three and hard to get excited about Tumbleweed....

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #42 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
Emili wrote on Apr 26th, 2011 at 1:35pm:

In VoD the other day someone told me my cleric should use her aura - helps out a lot - told him sorry the cleric is an old caster build, Then he sent tell later he was surprised we made it thru - I had spare mana. I had not the heart to tell him we used to run the quest on elite at level 16 before any RS pre and clerics used to solo heal it even without a wf tank.

Was that the one I was with you in, Emili? I did send him a tell asking him to chillax after the aura comment..... We didn't have any mana issues (I'd have subbed you if we had, I was entertaining myself with Holy Auras so was being a bit profligate) and a very nice smooth run from what I remember, apart from missing my jump outside *blush*

Mind you, in fairness (and bearing in mind I wasnae there Cheesy) I suspect your level 16 player pool was a deal more skilled and competent than the average thrown together non channel PUG....

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #43 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 8:34pm
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Apr 26th, 2011 at 7:44pm:
And the loot isn't really worth bothering with. Tumbleweed? Lorrik's neck if you are that way inclined, ditto ring of Thelis. Anything else not shit drop in Hound? I have two out of the three and hard to get excited about Tumbleweed....

I want a Ring of Thellis on my Ranger and I want a Levik's Defender for my Wizard.  Tolero would have to promise me  a blow job to get me to wear the Lorrik's neck on a healer.

Mostly, I join Hound PUGs for an opportunity to get Planar Shards.

fnord

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #44 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 10:32pm
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Apr 26th, 2011 at 7:44pm:
Yeah, we 3 or 4 manned it a few weeks ago, which was interesting to see the new technique and my guildie did a good job of explaining it. But good grief how dull. I may have missed some stuff because it was about 4 am and I was pretty inebriated but looked like a snooze fest to run.

Tharne's Bracers drop there, which is good for the set bonus with the goggles out of VoD.

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #45 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 10:37pm
Print Post  
Schmoe wrote on Apr 26th, 2011 at 10:32pm:
Tharne's Bracers drop there, which is good for the set bonus with the goggles out of VoD.

Bracers drop in VoD too >.>

I got mine on Dukkha his last run =)

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #46 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 10:40pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Bracers drop in VoD too >.>

I got mine on Dukkha his last run =)

Damn, it's been like a year since I looted mine.  Senior moment FTL.

Hmm, I can't figure out what I ever got out of Hound that I really liked.  I guess Tumbleweed was about it.

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #47 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 11:13pm
Print Post  
Schmoe wrote on Apr 26th, 2011 at 10:40pm:
Damn, it's been like a year since I looted mine.  Senior moment FTL.

Hmm, I can't figure out what I ever got out of Hound that I really liked.  I guess Tumbleweed was about it.

Breastplate of Destruction is nice on a TR with Evasion til you get your DT...

IP Logged

Rastelin
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 11:29pm
Print Post  
Emili wrote on Apr 26th, 2011 at 2:04pm:

I do not lead raids ... I have not for a long time, My top goal in FH was to turn every single hero into a raid lord - I believed empowerment the key to creating a decent player and strong guild - and Shamgar was the last I really pushed into it. All those times I passed the star was due trust and vision. I shed the little I knew and wished others to work with it.

Raids are simple and really I prefer those people who approach them with a little thought ... the good raid leaders on khyber imo are Norg, Clean, Eightball, Shamgar, Aussiee, Stopwound, Velash and Crazy. I'll state as to why - these people try to adjust around the team - not the team to the raid, in quest they fomulate and the wheels spin to approach each set of tasks working with what they have on the spur of the moment

I think you should add Zodh to this list, but otherwise I'd agree.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #49 - Apr 27th, 2011 at 12:35am
Print Post  
Cor wrote on Apr 26th, 2011 at 1:12pm:
A good Normal run of Hound is easily 6 minutes.

6 minutes??? Good???

If I get in a 6 minute run and succeed, I still feel like we've failed.

I'm good with 5 minute runs and I'm very pleased with a 4 minute run.

The best run I've ever done is a 3 minute run. I was ecstatic about that one!  Smiley

« Last Edit: Apr 27th, 2011 at 12:36am by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Send TopicPrint