Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) khyber (Read 21759 times)
Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: khyber
Reply #75 - Apr 27th, 2011 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
fluffi wrote on Apr 27th, 2011 at 4:22pm:
What about Epitaph.. I heard they were an awesome guild. Cheesy

Lol.  Last time I checked, Epitapth was down to 30 toons in guild (According to myddo) and still guild level 49. 

But that's ok.  Elite Empire is carrying the large crappy guild banner just fine.  Smiley

IP Logged

Chris79
Stormreaver Piker

Wanna a lollipop?

Reply #76 - Apr 27th, 2011 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
ahem, 'The Hatchery' is good Tongue

-----------------------------------------------
Pyrric, Drilltex, Drilltor, Drillsworn - Khyber

IP Logged

Asketes
Puppy Farmer

Perma

Reply #77 - Apr 27th, 2011 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
Chris79 wrote on Apr 27th, 2011 at 6:11pm:
ahem, 'The Hatchery' is good Tongue

I've known Arrabella/Athena since I came to DDO. she disappeared for a while and came back a while back. iirc solid healer.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #78 - Apr 28th, 2011 at 4:33am
Print Post  
Farmed von 5 today, went well.  Went into von 6, went well until I told everyone to group at the door before velah and refresh songs and haste there.  Apparently, it was to far out of the norm and this caused everything to become a clusterfuck.  Some idiot though the threshold and started it, one guy was locked out, so many noobs died.  The 2 healers despite my saying otherwise, were raising people just in time to get swatted by a wing blast killing them again and causing the dps on velah to die since neither of them were healing them.  Beat her down to sliver then I solo beat her down to 1/2 hp several times before calling it quits. 

Big disappointment.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Chris79
Stormreaver Piker

Wanna a lollipop?

Reply #79 - Apr 28th, 2011 at 8:48am
Print Post  
Asketes wrote on Apr 27th, 2011 at 6:35pm:
I've known Arrabella/Athena since I came to DDO. she disappeared for a while and came back a while back. iirc solid healer.

Yea she joined the guild a few months ago, she's been on her TRed Wiz now....we don't get to run much due to time differences but she seems to be doing well for a young whippersnapper Wink

Epoch wrote on Apr 28th, 2011 at 4:33am:
Some idiot though the threshold and started it, one guy was locked out, so many noobs died. 

What a n00b!!!

Wink Fuck off Trols Cheesy

-----------------------------------------------
Pyrric, Drilltex, Drilltor, Drillsworn - Khyber

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #80 - Apr 28th, 2011 at 9:02am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Apr 27th, 2011 at 2:54pm:
These are the guild tags I like to see in a run I am in. Some are elite, some just get stuff done, and some are good people.

(Ransack/Loreseekers) - I am in these guilds so I may be biased

Elite Raiders, Prophets of the New Republic, Jesters Court, Crimson Eagles, Wanderlust, Twilight Avengers, Guildless Guild, Fallen Heroes, MAC, TFC, and Banned From All Guilds to name a few.

I am not overly familiar with Lava Divers but they are around.

There are others that are competent, and individuals that are tremendous. If I was rating the top end of Khyber I would say that Prophets would be the best raiding guild. That is my opinion and there are certainly a lot of guilds that can raid well. 

The special guilds are any that have the word Knight in the guild name. The rest I am sure you can figure out.

Damn, no mention of us at all.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #81 - Apr 28th, 2011 at 9:16am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Apr 28th, 2011 at 4:33am:
Farmed von 5 today, went well.  Went into von 6, went well until I told everyone to group at the door before velah and refresh songs and haste there.  Apparently, it was to far out of the norm and this caused everything to become a clusterfuck.  Some idiot though the threshold and started it, one guy was locked out, so many noobs died.  The 2 healers despite my saying otherwise, were raising people just in time to get swatted by a wing blast killing them again and causing the dps on velah to die since neither of them were healing them.  Beat her down to sliver then I solo beat her down to 1/2 hp several times before calling it quits. 

Big disappointment.

For some reason noobs are attracted to Von6 like moths to a flame.  With about the same results.  The average level of pure stupidity you see in an at-level Von pug is shocking.

And most of it comes from people who throw out comments like "Srry.  I was thinking we were running this on Epic.  Thats I all usually run it on anymore."  Um...the only thing Epic in here is your fail, fuckwit.

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #82 - Apr 28th, 2011 at 9:39am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Apr 28th, 2011 at 9:16am:
For some reason noobs are attracted to Von6 like moths to a flame.  With about the same results.  The average level of pure stupidity you see in an at-level Von pug is shocking.

And most of it comes from people who throw out comments like "Srry.  I was thinking we were running this on Epic.  Thats I all usually run it on anymore."  Um...the only thing Epic in here is your fail, fuckwit.

I was just about to respond in a similar fashion.
Even if you happen to get into a run lead by someone you trust, if it's a pug then you can expect retards on that one.... even more than in any other raid IMO.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #83 - Apr 28th, 2011 at 9:39am
Print Post  

At least on argo the fricking noobs havent figured out what "flagging" is. 

Um...the only thing Epic in here is your fail, fuckwit.

Win.

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #84 - Apr 28th, 2011 at 9:41am
Print Post  
Cale wrote on Apr 28th, 2011 at 9:39am:
Even if you happen to get into a run lead by someone you trust, if it's a pug then you can expect retards on that one.... even more than in any other raid IMO.

Yeah I think when I get home from work today I am just going to run an any level von6.  I still have fantasies of leaving von6 with an sos.  I feed myself lies and propaganda from time to time.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Wizzly
Ex Member

Reply #85 - Apr 28th, 2011 at 9:42am
Print Post  
Cale wrote on Apr 28th, 2011 at 9:39am:

I see your Von and raise you a pug Titan.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #86 - Apr 28th, 2011 at 9:52am
Print Post  
Madcow430 wrote on Apr 28th, 2011 at 9:02am:
Damn, no mention of us at all.

I mentioned ones I have ran with a lot, or knew something about. The list is by no means all inclusive.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #87 - Apr 28th, 2011 at 9:55am
Print Post  
Quote:

Pug VoNs are full of WAY more average fail than pug Titans.  I should know.  Titan is my favorite raid in the game.
First, newbs don't buy Restless Isles in favor of VoN.  The appeal is the dragon.
Secondly, in Titan the newbs can just pike.  In VoN they don't.
Who do you think is more likely to screw up a raid, a newb piking or a newb actively trying to help?
« Last Edit: Apr 28th, 2011 at 9:56am by Cale »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #88 - Apr 28th, 2011 at 10:00am
Print Post  
Quote:

Yeah, but see, everyone can find House K.  And Von 3 and 4 are regularly run XP grind quests.

Most Noobs:

1) Couldn't find their own ass with a map, let alone the restless isles.

2) Can't get in if they do because they haven't run HIPS.

3) Can't fathom the idea of a quest chain that starts in the Harbor and then continues in an adventure area off the marketplace.

4)  Can't navigate the undergound/above ground island layout of the isles with the locked doors and keys to get where they need to go. 

5)  Get hopelessly lost in in Slavers of the Shrieking Mines

6)  Get their asses kicked in Ghola-Fan because they don't have heavy fort at level 10/11 and there are only 2 shrines.

7)  Don't get the sigil concept and keep discarding it from inventory.

8)  It has no epic version and most of the loot is meh at this point so it's probably the least run raid period.

9)  It doesn't have a dragon.  Everyone wants to fight a dragon.

As a result of all that you don't get nearly as many morons in it as you do Von5/6.

Unless they were completely carried through the flagging by a friend with a clue, they give up or out level the content before they finish flagging.

IP Logged

Alekx
VoD Slasher

Argonnessen

Reply #89 - Apr 28th, 2011 at 10:06am
Print Post  
fml
« Last Edit: Apr 28th, 2011 at 10:15am by Alekx »  

~ Pure Life ~ Argonnessen ~

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #90 - Apr 28th, 2011 at 10:07am
Print Post  
Alekx wrote on Apr 28th, 2011 at 10:06am:
You might be confusing things a bit.

You might have misinterpreted what I said.

IP Logged

Wizzly
Ex Member

Reply #91 - Apr 28th, 2011 at 10:07am
Print Post  
Good points. But, in my experience, Titan has always been way more painful. 2-3 hour runs getting there only to have someone not understand to not beat all the pillars down at once. Actually had someone argue with me on his first run that a guilty told him if you knock them all down at once he dies instantly...  Shocked

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #92 - Apr 28th, 2011 at 10:08am
Print Post  
Cale wrote on Apr 28th, 2011 at 9:55am:
Pug VoNs are full of WAY more average fail than pug Titans.  I should know.  Titan is my favorite raid in the game.
First, newbs don't buy Restless Isles in favor of VoN.  The appeal is the dragon.
Secondly, in Titan the newbs can just pike.  In VoN they don't.
Who do you think is more likely to screw up a raid, a newb piking or a newb actively trying to help?

BTW, I wasn't bashing the Titan as a raid.  It's just that if you look at flagging mechanics for the raids, Titan is probably one of the harder ones to get done.  Abbott and Reaver's Fate are worse, as is ToD if you count boots, but
VoN has got to be one of th easist to flag for these days.  Especially since there are pug LFM's up constantly for the flagging quests.  I rarely see a pug LFM for Shrieking Mines or Ghola Fan.

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #93 - Apr 28th, 2011 at 10:09am
Print Post  
Quote:
Good points. But, in my experience, Titan has always been way more painful. 2-3 hour runs getting there only to have someone not understand to not beat all the pillars down at once. Actually had someone argue with me on his first run that a guilty told him if you knock them all down at once he dies instantly...  Shocked

You tell him to STFU, get on the piking ladder, and watch how it's done.
You get that same guy in a VoN?

Wipe.

IP Logged

Infidel
Stormreaver Piker

U can't stop me motherfucker
cuz I'm on a boat

Reply #94 - Apr 28th, 2011 at 10:14am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Apr 28th, 2011 at 10:08am:
BTW, I wasn't bashing the Titan as a raid.  It's just that if you look at flagging mechanics for the raids, Titan is probably one of the harder ones to get done.  Abbott and Reaver's Fate are worse, as is ToD if you count boots, but
VoN has got to be one of th easist to flag for these days.  Especially since there are pug LFM's up constantly for the flagging quests.  I rarely see a pug LFM for Shrieking Mines or Ghola Fan.

You can solo those at lebeleasily they have been dumbed down so much

IP Logged

Alekx
VoD Slasher

Argonnessen

Reply #95 - Apr 28th, 2011 at 10:15am
Print Post  
Cale wrote on Apr 28th, 2011 at 10:07am:
You might have misinterpreted what I said.

FML reading comp ftw

IP Logged

Alekx
VoD Slasher

Argonnessen

Reply #96 - Apr 28th, 2011 at 10:17am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Apr 28th, 2011 at 10:08am:

i think right now the toughest raid to pug hast to be titan. I have tried to pug it on my TR but it always ends up being a 4 man run.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #97 - Apr 28th, 2011 at 10:26am
Print Post  
Alekx wrote on Apr 28th, 2011 at 10:17am:
i think right now the toughest raid to pug hast to be titan. I have tried to pug it on my TR but it always ends up being a 4 man run.

It is to complicated for all the WoW rejects we have received.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #98 - Apr 28th, 2011 at 10:36am
Print Post  
Alekx wrote on Apr 28th, 2011 at 10:17am:

I have one character flagged, and I have never ran it. As a newer player (well not so much now, but I am newer than you), I would have to say it has the stupidest flagging mechanism of all the raids. It is all out of the way too. You start in the harbor long after you have ran those quests. Then you run all over the place to run the two quests. It is not worth the trouble when I can do more productive things.
« Last Edit: Apr 28th, 2011 at 10:36am by stainer »  

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #99 - Apr 28th, 2011 at 10:41am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Apr 28th, 2011 at 10:36am:
I have one character flagged, and I have never ran it. As a newer player (well not so much now, but I am newer than you), I would have to say it has the stupidest flagging mechanism of all the raids. It is all out of the way too. You start in the harbor long after you have ran those quests. Then you run all over the place to run the two quests. It is not worth the trouble when I can do more productive things.

You only have to do that once.  Ever.
After you finish the flagging quests, pick them up again when you turn them in.  When you want to flag a different toon, grab a buddy into the party, share the quests, switch to your toon that needs flagging, have him share, use the transport NPCs.
You only ever have to run around through the isles and tunnels one time.  Swapping toons and grabbing a share saves about an hour of walking.
« Last Edit: Apr 28th, 2011 at 10:42am by Cale »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 
Send TopicPrint