Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Crafting (Read 2353 times)
flynnjsw
Shroud Slacker

F U All!!!!!!

Crafting
May 25th, 2011 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
So since I won't be having the worlds best connection during the week for a bit, I figured I could do some crafting; are there any guides out for it yet? I looked in the wiki and did not see any.

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Re: Crafting
Reply #1 - May 25th, 2011 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
your gonna need one of these

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

Siver
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - May 25th, 2011 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
flynnjsw wrote on May 25th, 2011 at 5:16pm:
So since I won't be having the worlds best connection during the week for a bit, I figured I could do some crafting; are there any guides out for it yet? I looked in the wiki and did not see any.

Apparently somebody made a crafting guide on the official forum.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=320077

There's a link in there to take you to a PDF of the guide. I'm currently reading it now, so cannot tell you if it is good or garbage yet, sorry.

Addendum: I've read through it, and it is a basic how to, with a few things I'd disagree with. Still, if you're at work, or someplace where you can't actually try it for yourself, it'll give you an idea of how to do it, so you'll be ready to get started as soon as you get into the game. Also, the part at the end, which shows all the pre- and suffixes I like. It doesn't really tell you how to get to 75/75/75 in a day, or anything really useful like that.
« Last Edit: May 25th, 2011 at 6:16pm by Siver »  

IP Logged

Fuck Off
The Big Fuck

My favorite word is Fuck.
Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Reply #3 - May 25th, 2011 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
If you go with the OMG-U-R-KRAZY way, you will be spending way too much time on it.  That bird hitting enter will get you through some of it but you'll have to come back every now and again to reload another stack of shards to deconstruct.  You'll only get one XP per deconstruct with that method.  All you do is make the lowest level shard...4 lessers and a khyber/siberies shard...and all your XP comes from the deconstructing of these shards which gets you 1 XP per deconstruct.

It is supposed to be the most efficient with materials but it is not the most time efficient way.

I don't really think there is any efficient way time wise.

I've been making some higher shards and use up what greater essenses I have to crunch things then go with the OMG method and use up the lessers that I have.  I do the OMG method just to get some Greaters out of them.

Repeat till I either don't feel like grinding stuff up or get bored.  OMG method really is insane to do.  One poster had said it took about 122 hours.  He is supposed to have a video.  Check out the crafting section.  122 hours doesn't seem like much but it is really insane.  If you have a good selection of movies to watch, you can click and click and click, eventually hitting lvl 70.  You'll have to do this for all three crafting types if you want to level up in this method.

The higher level shards I make have a base of 50% chance and I put in one of the chance boosters.  I'll also use a crafting XP pot.  I do all my shard making at once so I can get the most out of that pot since it only lasts 15 minutes.  The pot doesn't get you more XP from deconstructing stuff.  Make that shard till you can't get much more XP out of it.  It also helps to swap to a different recipe(same ingredient amounts, just a different effect from the shard) and get the XP from it when the one you were using drops below that other recipe requirements.

Breaking down the shards that were a higher level to create will get you more than 1 XP per grind but it still isn't much.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.  - Albert Einstein

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #4 - May 25th, 2011 at 7:47pm
Print Post  
I will note that the OMG method (which is HATEFULLY boring) seems to be fairly close to 100% efficient with lesser essence recycling.

The 200 shards (800 lesser essences) that I tracked gave me back 775 essences effectively.

That means you can probably deconstruct whatever garbage you have lying around plus whatever you get from Shroud completions alone and get to level 75 just on those essences (if you're willing to invest more than a week of clicking Craft and Deconstruct buttons).

fnord

IP Logged

flynnjsw
Shroud Slacker

F U All!!!!!!

Reply #5 - May 25th, 2011 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
What is this OMG method? Bear in mind that I have not been paying any attention to crafting at this point other than noting that I am pulling essences out of chests.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #6 - May 25th, 2011 at 9:25pm
Print Post  
flynnjsw wrote on May 25th, 2011 at 8:06pm:
What is this OMG method? Bear in mind that I have not been paying any attention to crafting at this point other than noting that I am pulling essences out of chests.

Step 1: create 50 or more Greater Beatitude I shards at a cost of 4 lesser good essences and 1 khyber or Siberys dragonshard fragment each.
Step 2: deconstruct those shards for 1 XP each and get back nearly 4 lesser good essences equivalent in the form of a combination of greater and lesser essences.
Step 3: repeat until you cry tears of blood.

fnord

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #7 - May 25th, 2011 at 10:06pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on May 25th, 2011 at 9:25pm:
Step 1: create 50 or more Greater Beatitude I shards at a cost of 4 lesser good essences and 1 khyber or Siberys dragonshard fragment each.
Step 2: deconstruct those shards for 1 XP each and get back nearly 4 lesser good essences equivalent in the form of a combination of greater and lesser essences.
Step 3: repeat until you cry tears of blood.

You'll want to use a clicker tool for this and do it while you are afk.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Fuck Off
The Big Fuck

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Reply #8 - May 26th, 2011 at 12:14am
Print Post  
@ flynnjsw

Eladiun wrote on May 25th, 2011 at 10:06pm:
You'll want to use a clicker tool for this and do it while you are afk.

Hence the reason for that bird.

JC wrote on May 25th, 2011 at 5:26pm:

You should be able to actually use one of these birds to push the enter key when you are parked to deconstruct the shards.  You'll have to reload a stack every now and then.

I don't think you can use macros to do this and if you download any programs to do the process for you, you may run into conflicts with Turbine and get a vacation.

If someone finds a macro that works with the Logitec keyboard, let me know.  Been thinking about getting one of those and those are supposed to be approved by Turbine to use in DDO so you can set up macros with that and not run into conflicts...in theory.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.  - Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #9 - May 26th, 2011 at 3:02am
Print Post  
Fuck Off wrote on May 26th, 2011 at 12:14am:
@ flynnjsw
I don't think you can use macros to do this and if you download any programs to do the process for you, you may run into conflicts with Turbine and get a vacation.

If someone finds a macro that works with the Logitec keyboard, let me know.  Been thinking about getting one of those and those are supposed to be approved by Turbine to use in DDO so you can set up macros with that and not run into conflicts...in theory.

They didn't have any problem with the G15 keyboard to turn in coins. I think they responded to Borror0.

It was even in their FAQ:
Quote:
Can my Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard be used with DDO? Yes!

The Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard has 18 fully programmable macro keys.

With these macro keys you can:
Program catch phrases or frequently used emotes for your characters.
Program In-game player commands such as /death, /tell, /invite, /gu etcetera.
Create and customize one touch actions.
Macro keystrokes to access your shortcut bars and use abilities. For example, you could set a macro to type <CTRL> <5> and then <9>. This could be the location of a spell of ability on shortcut bar 5 in slot 9. This will allow you to keep the shortcut bars collapsed, creating a less cluttered screen. Quite a handy feature for a spell-caster! 

IP Logged

Fuck Off
The Big Fuck

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Reply #10 - May 26th, 2011 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
Dark_Helmet wrote on May 26th, 2011 at 3:02am:
They didn't have any problem with the G15 keyboard to turn in coins. I think they responded to Borror0.

It was even in their FAQ:

I didn't think they would have a problem with that keyboard since they did approve of its used.

I'm not sure if you can make the shards move from your backpack to the cruncher with a macro.

If you can, please enlighten.

I'll get one of them to make this process less painful.  Been thinking about one of them anyway just to deal with metas.

IP Logged

Scupperer
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - May 29th, 2011 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
Meh.  I feel like the intended way is less of a hassle.  Just collect essences while questing for a few weeks, then go to the crafting hall and go to town.  Sure, it won't be as quick as leveling 1 exp per click but you end up spending so much less time in the crafting hall and not wanting to claw your eyes out.

This is what I've been doing since U9 came out.  In the past week I've started shard crafting, aiming for the best experience-per-essence shards.  Already at the point where I'm able to craft +4 Alignment of Bane weaponry.  Sure, that's still a very long way from the +5 Greater Bane weaponry, but a +4 Holy Silver of Lawful Outsider Bane is still a very potent weapon--and I can craft more or less as many of these as I want so long as I have silver weapons to start from.
« Last Edit: May 29th, 2011 at 12:17pm by Scupperer »  

IP Logged

Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Reply #12 - Jun 7th, 2011 at 10:45am
Print Post  
A couple of questions:

Does anyone know how effective it is to deconstruct higher level shards?  Am I going to get a decent number of crafting materials back?  By higher level, I'm 35/30/29, so probably 33-45th level.

Do I just put the shard in the same device that you'd put a +3 light hammer of vendor bait to break it down?

I've heard that at some point lesser essences become more rare than greater essences.  Is this true?  At about what level?

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #13 - Jun 7th, 2011 at 10:51am
Print Post  
Inkblack wrote on Jun 7th, 2011 at 10:45am:
A couple of questions:

Does anyone know how effective it is to deconstruct higher level shards?  Am I going to get a decent number of crafting materials back?  By higher level, I'm 35/30/29, so probably 33-45th level.
Not tons more.
Do I just put the shard in the same device that you'd put a +3 light hammer of vendor bait to break it down?
Yes

I've heard that at some point lesser essences become more rare than greater essences.  Is this true?  At about what level?
It isn't that they are rarer, you just need a lot more.

Red

This is how I see it.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Scupperer
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Jun 7th, 2011 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
You do get some return from deconstructing shards.  It's not particularly great return (although you can occasionally get like 30+ lesser essences and 4+ greaters from some of the shards), but if your options are holding onto that Greater Benevolence III shard just in case or deconstructing it, you should go ahead and deconstruct it.

There is the alternative route which involves only crafting the low level shards and then deconstructing those for the return, which is more efficient in terms of essences but much less efficient in terms of time.

The thing about lesser versus greater is that you get to the point where some of the bound recipes require, say, 10 greater essences and 80 lesser.  Or 18 greater and 192 lesser.  Stuff like that.  The unbound fixes this a bit as you'll be more likely to see things like 9 greater and 12 lesser.  Since 1 greater converts to 5 lesser (although not vice versa) that 18/192 recipe ends up being really expensive when compared to the unbound recipes.

So yes, it was the case that lessers were the limiting factor rather than greaters.  With unbound shards available, it is much less of a factor than it was before.

IP Logged

Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Reply #15 - Jun 7th, 2011 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
Now I know.  And knowing is half the battle.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #16 - Jun 7th, 2011 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
Inkblack wrote on Jun 7th, 2011 at 2:47pm:
Now I know.  And knowing is half the battle.

G.I. Joe!!!
« Last Edit: Jun 7th, 2011 at 4:33pm by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint