Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Update 10 unbound crafting (Read 9422 times)
popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Update 10 unbound crafting
Jun 1st, 2011 at 11:51pm
Print Post  
Looks like the unbound crafting is all 30ish levels higher than BtC crafting and requires 3 times as many greater essences for recipes that have greater essences and 3 times as many lesser essences for recipes that have no greater essences.

That sounds pretty reasonable to me.

I'm also going to stop leveling my crafting since leveling with unbound shards is going to be WAY cheaper than continuing to level with BtC stuff.

I like the fact that BtC weapons and items are cheaper than unbound stuff, but even the unbound stuff isn't horribly expensive. I like the fact that you need a significantly higher crafting level to make unbound loot. I like the fact that the CRAZY crafting XP grind will get a lot less crazy when the U10 crafting is released.

I'm a fan.

fnord

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Update 10 unbound crafting
Reply #1 - Jun 2nd, 2011 at 12:22am
Print Post  
Hey, I thought you said you were going to macro it up? 

Also, links?

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #2 - Jun 2nd, 2011 at 12:29am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Jun 2nd, 2011 at 12:22am:
Hey, I thought you said you were going to macro it up? 

Also, links?

I don't have any links.  I just went into Llamaland and checked it out.  There are new quests available, too, but I didn't run them.  I like running them on the live servers with other clueless puggers as my first run.

And I will macro at least some because it's just so efficient and I have to mow the lawn and do the laundry sometimes, but having a whole bunch of cheap unbound recepies available that are all 30ish levels higher than the bound recepies means that I'll actually get more XP/essence by doing it the "right" way.  I'll put off the macro crap until I hit the levels where even the unbound recepies start to get expensive.  I'm guessing level 90+ will be macro city.

fnord

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #3 - Jun 2nd, 2011 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
That's a collosal waste of time, you can get to level 30 yourself in like 1 night.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #4 - Jun 2nd, 2011 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jun 2nd, 2011 at 1:34pm:
That's a collosal waste of time, you can get to level 30 yourself in like 1 night.

Going from 1 to 30 isn't bad.

Going from 40-75 (currently) is painful just because each recipe is too damned expensive for XP crafting.  That will take care of itself in U10.

Going from 80 to 150 will probably be painful again, just because of the enormous number of essences needed for each recipe for XP.

I wouldn't do it if I weren't getting work done while the computer leveled for me.

fnord

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #5 - Jun 2nd, 2011 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
Wait . . . so getting from 40-75 is gonna get cheaper?

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #6 - Jun 2nd, 2011 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jun 2nd, 2011 at 1:49pm:

God, I hope so!
« Last Edit: Jun 2nd, 2011 at 1:52pm by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #7 - Jun 2nd, 2011 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jun 2nd, 2011 at 1:49pm:

The unbound shards have a higher crafting level required, so you'll be able to use the cheap recipes in unbound to level after you use up all of the the cheap recipes in bound crafting.

Crafting a trash XP shard with 3 greater and a few lesser isn't bad.  Crafting a trash XP shard with 15 greater and 150+ lesser is painful.  I'm very happy that the unbound shards will let me level while making toys for guildies.

fnord

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #8 - Jun 2nd, 2011 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
Figured it would be more expensive for unbound, but this isn't too bad and fills in a lot of gaps in leveling for the BtA shards that actually interest me. I don't want to be crafting for others really.

IP Logged

Anslet
Waterworks Kobold

I'm not conceited, I'm
convinced.

Reply #9 - Jun 3rd, 2011 at 8:24am
Print Post  
Was there any reference for what the "special' materials are for?  I'm just too lazy and unwilling to log into lamma

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #10 - Jun 3rd, 2011 at 8:35am
Print Post  
Anslet wrote on Jun 3rd, 2011 at 8:24am:
Was there any reference for what the "special' materials are for?  I'm just too lazy and unwilling to log into lamma

I'm not going to promise that U10 completely ignores the Mystical Broccoli, etc., because I haven't looked through everything.  I haven't yet seen anything that uses them or refers to them in any way, though.

fnord

IP Logged

Anslet
Waterworks Kobold

I'm not conceited, I'm
convinced.

Reply #11 - Jun 3rd, 2011 at 8:44am
Print Post  
I'm so disgruntled with how the crafting has been brought about.

Wasn't there a whole spiel how crafting was to be completed by u10?  HTF is it not in u10?  What a bunch of morons that work at turbine.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #12 - Jun 3rd, 2011 at 11:12am
Print Post  
Anslet wrote on Jun 3rd, 2011 at 8:44am:
I'm so disgruntled with how the crafting has been brought about.

Wasn't there a whole spiel how crafting was to be completed by u10?  HTF is it not in u10?  What a bunch of morons that work at turbine.

I actually feel completely opposite on this I think for once they aren't fucking up a major change.  They are implementing it gradually and in steps to see the effect and how players break it rather than dumping in it and it getting exploited to shit by a half dozen people while everyone else suffers.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Anslet
Waterworks Kobold

I'm not conceited, I'm
convinced.

Reply #13 - Jun 3rd, 2011 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jun 3rd, 2011 at 11:12am:
I actually feel completely opposite on this I think for once they aren't fucking up a major change.  They are implementing it gradually and in steps to see the effect and how players break it rather than dumping in it and it getting exploited to shit by a half dozen people while everyone else suffers.

I think they would have been better off (and we better served) if they didn't present us with a half assed addition to the game.  Here's a brilliant idea... wait until update 11 to unveil it finished instead of giving us incomplete work.

"Oh but they don't know what exploits or other things may come up..."

Here's an idea:  Hire compentent play testers.  If they hired playtesters that were as thorough as their forum police the game would be that much better off.

I really can't see it any other way when even the way they describe it is 'beta'.  Live beta? Really?

Who cares if half a dozen people break it?  I'm pretty sure those same people have done so anyways and yes regardless of what turbine does they continue to do so.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Jun 3rd, 2011 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
Count me in on the group that thinks they're getting crafting right.

By putting the 'beta' tag on it they've basically stated without saying it that they can change the rules part way in if people are using crafting to break the game.  Obviously they can always do that but in this case they're doing it in a way that we're forewarned of that possibility.  At the same time, we're able to give them feedback on a LIVE feature that they're still willing to change.

In my opinion it's a win-win.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #15 - Jun 3rd, 2011 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
Anslet wrote on Jun 3rd, 2011 at 12:21pm:
I think they would have been better off (and we better served) if they didn't present us with a half assed addition to the game.  Here's a brilliant idea... wait until update 11 to unveil it finished instead of giving us incomplete work.

"Oh but they don't know what exploits or other things may come up..."

Here's an idea:  Hire compentent play testers.  If they hired playtesters that were as thorough as their forum police the game would be that much better off.

I really can't see it any other way when even the way they describe it is 'beta'.  Live beta? Really?

Who cares if half a dozen people break it?  I'm pretty sure those same people have done so anyways and yes regardless of what turbine does they continue to do so.

Hello, I'm reality have we met.  You're an idiot.  Gmail was live beta for 5 years.  A full regression test on a system this size simply isn't possible it would never be released and no one really tests on Lam.  This way they get both large scale testing and player interest and activity.  It's smart and based on what I have seen a large percentage of the player base is into it.  Win for Turbine.   Those like you who want to wait for a finished product can do just that and wait.  Those that are chomping at the bit can test and play with the system.
« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2011 at 1:20pm by Eladiun »  

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #16 - Jun 3rd, 2011 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jun 3rd, 2011 at 11:12am:

QFT

Anslet, just stop.  You are swiftly resembling my  Vault icon...

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

lifespawn
Korthos Resident

GFY

Reply #17 - Jun 4th, 2011 at 8:18am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jun 3rd, 2011 at 1:11pm:
Hello, I'm reality have we met.  You're an idiot.  Gmail was live beta for 5 years.  A full regression test on a system this size simply isn't possible it would never be released and no one really tests on Lam.  This way they get both large scale testing and player interest and activity.  It's smart and based on what I have seen a large percentage of the player base is into it.  Win for Turbine.   Those like you who want to wait for a finished product can do just that and wait.  Those that are chomping at the bit can test and play with the system.

agree the product can never be truly finished till it is large scale tested mourlands and lama doesn't even come close to covering that.

Trickling in changes is the way to go as someone mentioned to avoid massive exploits that a small portion of the community rape to hell and everyone else is forever left behind.

IP Logged

Anslet
Waterworks Kobold

I'm not conceited, I'm
convinced.

Reply #18 - Jun 4th, 2011 at 11:00am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jun 3rd, 2011 at 1:11pm:

Lol.  Feeling mighty in your computer chair eh?  Good job and nice life....

IP Logged

Jaxx
Fleet Admiral

Reply #19 - Jun 4th, 2011 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
Anslet wrote on Jun 4th, 2011 at 11:00am:

Lookie here, Astraghal created a new account...... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Jun 4th, 2011 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
Anslet wrote on Jun 4th, 2011 at 11:00am:

And here's our latest features in Mad Magazine - stupid comebacks to snappy questions.

IP Logged

Anslet
Waterworks Kobold

I'm not conceited, I'm
convinced.

Reply #21 - Jun 4th, 2011 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Jun 4th, 2011 at 12:09pm:
And here's our latest features in Mad Magazine - stupid comebacks to snappy questions. 

Perhaps I just didnt feel like having to explain myself further to morons whose social lives revolves around a video game.  /shrug Maybe I do have to break it down for the simpletons?

I say moron because one compared a beta email service to an mmo.  Good Job! Well, let's see, did gmail only offer outgoing email when the beta went live? Or were you only able to read incoming emails? I'm really curious.  Please enlighten me.  Could you only use half of it?  Kind of a shit example dont you think?  Or were you trying to compare fucking Google to Turdbine? lewlz

Why not have all 100 levels of crafting available from the rip?  I'm not contesting making tweaks here and there but it seems really dumb to only test a portion of a system when the remainder of said system could be fatally flawed.  In addition, it was stated by Turbine that Crafting would be completed by u10's release.  If this were truly the case then why isn't allof it available on lamma atm for testing? 

Why only get 2 weeks of 'testing' for levels 76-100?  That is what you are saying that Turbine has done such a wonderful job with.  Is it not?  hmmm 2 weeks of testing versus a couple of months... which is better....? 

"You're an idiot"... I guess that was clever in your eyes?  Wow must be nice to live so simple.   

Oh my!  Mad magazine references!!!  My feelings are really hurt.  Truly they are. Grin  I suppose that was clever as well

/sigh

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Jun 4th, 2011 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
Anslet wrote on Jun 4th, 2011 at 3:17pm:
Perhaps I just didnt feel like having to explain myself further to morons whose social lives revolves around a video game.  /shrug Maybe I do have to break it down for the simpletons?

I say moron because one compared a beta email service to an mmo.  Good Job! Well, let's see, did gmail only offer outgoing email when the beta went live? Or were you only able to read incoming emails? I'm really curious.  Please enlighten me.  Could you only use half of it?  Kind of a shit example dont you think?  Or were you trying to compare fucking Google to Turdbine? lewlz

Why not have all 100 levels of crafting available from the rip?  I'm not contesting making tweaks here and there but it seems really dumb to only test a portion of a system when the remainder of said system could be fatally flawed.  In addition, it was stated by Turbine that Crafting would be completed by u10's release.  If this were truly the case then why isn't allof it available on lamma atm for testing? 

Why only get 2 weeks of 'testing' for levels 76-100?  That is what you are saying that Turbine has done such a wonderful job with.  Is it not?  hmmm 2 weeks of testing versus a couple of months... which is better....? 

"You're an idiot"... I guess that was clever in your eyes?  Wow must be nice to live so simple.   

Oh my!  Mad magazine references!!!  My feelings are really hurt.  Truly they are. Grin  I suppose that was clever as well

/sigh

You, sir, have been successfully Troll'd.

Hi Welcome

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #23 - Jun 4th, 2011 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You, sir, have been successfully Troll'd.

Hi Welcome

what he said

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

apep
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Jun 4th, 2011 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
Anslet trolls himself; he has some anger issues, especially with anything related to the game. Kinda puts certain statements in his last post into perspective.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint