Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Need help with crafting (Read 5453 times)
Tickdoff Tank
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Need help with crafting
Jun 7th, 2011 at 10:50am
Print Post  
Well, I have recently (as in last night) gotten my internet connection set up to allow me to access DDO from my B-hut in Bagram.  I can not express how thrilled I am about that!  I was even able to run an eVoN 6 last night with no difficulties, a little laggy but playable.  Even had to go afk for a couple due to incoming.  Might have been the first time I have ever seen a message that said "brb, incoming".   But all was well, the thing did not even go boom and it hit on te other side of the base.

Anyway, I now find myself needing some help in understanding the crafting system.  I am still unable to access the forums when I am at work (12 hours a day 7 days a week).  If anyone can give me a quick run down on how it works and what I need to start with I would be very thankful.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Re: Need help with crafting
Reply #1 - Jun 7th, 2011 at 10:53am
Print Post  
Tickdoff Tank wrote on Jun 7th, 2011 at 10:50am:
Well, I have recently (as in last night) gotten my internet connection set up to allow me to access DDO from my B-hut in Bagram.  I can not express how thrilled I am about that!  I was even able to run an eVoN 6 last night with no difficulties, a little laggy but playable.  Even had to go afk for a couple due to incoming.  Might have been the first time I have ever seen a message that said "brb, incoming".   But all was well, the thing did not even go boom and it hit on te other side of the base.

Anyway, I now find myself needing some help in understanding the crafting system.  I am still unable to access the forums when I am at work (12 hours a day 7 days a week).  If anyone can give me a quick run down on how it works and what I need to start with I would be very thankful.

From the wiki.

Introduced in Update 9, this new crafting system will allow players to construct completely customized weapons, shields, armor, jewelery, and clothing! This system is being introduced in a state of live beta, and will be changing throughout Updates 9 and 10. source

Main Article: Detailed Crafting Steps

The general crafting process consists of three steps:

Step 1: Item Deconstruction

* Items with magical properties can be deconstructed into Essences, or stripped of magical properties to create a blank item. Essences are not bound and can be freely traded; blank items created are not bound either at this point, however blank items created from items which are Bound to Account are still bound to account.

Step 2: Shard Creation

* Magical effect shards can be crafted from Essences. Each shard represents one weapon, clothing or armor enhancement. Currently, all crafted shards are Bound to Account.

Step 3: Combining Shard and Blank item

* Blank items are combined with shards to create the final item. Non-bound blank items become Bound to Character at this point. Bound to Account blank items' bind status remain the same.

All three steps require crafting devices and the deconstruction of items additionally requires vendor-purchased reagents. Players may visit the Crafting Hall in House Kundarak to find crafting devices and reagent vendors.

There are 3 schools of crafting (Arcane/Divine/Elemental). The crafting of shards requires an appropriate crafting level in the school, depending on the type of shard. The crafting level can be increased by gaining crafting XP, awarded for creating (lower level) shards.
[edit] What you can and cannot do with Cannith Crafting

"Okay I've got +1 Paralyzing Kama, but I don't have monk, so I'm going to deconstruct it and transfer the Paralyzing effect to my Khopesh."

"Darn, +3 Acid Silver Longsword of Greater Lawful Outsider Bane! It's so close! I'm going to take this and swap Acid for Holy."

The system doesn't work like this.

Look at it this way: Crafting Essences are like another kind of currency. You take your unwanted loot (which otherwise could be sold to vendors) to the Crafting Hall and disjoin them for Essences. Then 1st, you need to spend your Essences to level up in your 3 crafting schools by creating random Shards. This is like purchasing crafting XP or manually applying XP to your character.

Then, say you want to add Holy prefix to your blank weapon, the bound Holy shard recipe requires level 37 in the Divine school. Once you reach level 27 in that school (10 below the level of the recipe), you can use your ingredients to create the shard with 50% failure chance. Your chance for success increases 5% per level in the relevant school, and at level 37 you succeed 100% of time. You also gain a 5% success bonus for each individual shard recipe each time you successfully create that shard.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Fuck Off
The Big Fuck

My favorite word is Fuck.
Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Reply #2 - Jun 7th, 2011 at 11:15am
Print Post  
Take your loot and put it into a grinder to get essenses.  Crunch essenses to make shards.  Put shards on weapon and you have your effect.

Long version.

You are basically going to "deconstruct" all the random loot you get just to get a high enough level to put something decent on there.  There are three schools to level up in, Arcane, Divine(this has the banes), and elemental.

The best loot to put into a grinder is something like...random effect +10 or greater.  Higher stat items like a STR +6 item will also yield higher amounts of essences.  So, the higher the effect modifier on the item, the better to grind because you get higher amounts of essences.  The highest you can get is a lvl 5 amount...I think it tops out at 50 essences but I can't remember.  The lvl of materials only indicates how much you get.  If you have to choose between lvl 5 arcane and lvl 4 arcane essences, take the lvl 5.

It take a whole lot of loot to get to a decent level.  You will be broke.  Shroud offers good loot runs to put into a grinder if you just want to loot run.

When you have your bag of loot to put into the grinder, go to house K near the entrance and you'll see the crafting hall.

There are two stations to grind up your weapons.  You'll get some XP for it.  If you grind up something that gives you a lvl 5 amount of materials, you'll get 5 XP.  Lvl 2 amount of materials, 2 XP.

Depending upon the effect you deconstructed, you will get the XP for that school.  Fire essence will get you XP into elemental, pure good deconstruct will get you XP into divine, swim enhancement deconstruct will get you arcane XP.

After you've collected a whole bunch of essences, you go to a crafting machine.  There are two types of machines that make the shards, bound and unbound.  Bound shards are BTA but the item you put them on will be BTC so you need to make sure the shards are on a character you want the item for before you put them on a item.  I don't know about unbound if the item will BTC when the item gets made.

At first, you can use just lesser essences to level up but you'll soon need some greaters because you'll run out of shards to make that only take lesser essences.  You'll also need sibieries and khyber dragonshards.  Some recipes take collectables but you just need to avoid those for leveling.

After you've made your shards, take them to the grinding machine and deconstruct them for more XP and essences.  You'll be doing this just to level.

After you've made a shard you want to put on a weapon, pass them to the character you want the item on.  You'll also need to prepare a weapon which just strips off the effects but keeps the weapon...metal properties like silver stay.  Pass that weapon to the character you want to have.  On that character, they take the shards to a third type of machine, that combines the shards and weapon and you have your shiny critter killer.

This link is a good spreadsheet.  Gives the formula for the min level.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?hl=en&hl=en&key=0AiJK0_A2G7ZkdFZQYllJa1hNYTA
wRlFSdlJQSjhjNVE&output=html

This link tells you the items you can put effects on.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhcxqzwVpCAFdDR2QXVkc1ZXcWE
xVWZNZFc0Nnp5b0E&hl=en_US&authkey=COievdoP#gid=1
« Last Edit: Jun 7th, 2011 at 12:57pm by Fuck Off »  

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.  - Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Tickdoff Tank
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jun 7th, 2011 at 11:43am
Print Post  
Thanks man, I don't care what every one says about you, I think you're all right.

IP Logged

Tickdoff Tank
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Jun 7th, 2011 at 11:51am
Print Post  
Neither of the spreadsheet links will work for me, most likely blocked by my company's internet.  Damn

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #5 - Jun 7th, 2011 at 11:54am
Print Post  
Tickdoff Tank wrote on Jun 7th, 2011 at 11:51am:
Neither of the spreadsheet links will work for me, most likely blocked by my company's internet.  Damn

They didn't wrap properly... need to add the second line.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #6 - Jun 7th, 2011 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
I recently re-found this forum post as well.  It is a current list of what effects can go in which slot.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=318331

There are some nice combinations for weapons (mostly good prefix + bane without a "plus" to keep the ML low) and some handy combinations that can go in empty slots on your characters.

fnord

IP Logged

Tickdoff Tank
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jun 7th, 2011 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
I can not access the main forum, so the above link is useless to me.  sucks, but what can you do.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #8 - Jun 8th, 2011 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
Tickdoff Tank wrote on Jun 7th, 2011 at 1:14pm:
I can not access the main forum, so the above link is useless to me.  sucks, but what can you do.

Some effects have a parenthetical explanation of what they do, others don't. The main idea of these lists is to give you the keywords you need to search the shard machine.

There are a dizzying array of spell effects. To help get a handle on them, here are all the keywords associated with a type of spell. The energy types also include the keywords for that type of magical weapon damage. Note that most spell keywords have several flavors, like Minor, Major, Greater, Superior, etc...

Acid: Acid, Corrosion, Erosion
Cold: Cold, Frost, Ice, Icy, Glaciation, Freeze
Electricity: Shock, Shocking, Magnetism, Spark, Lightning, Electrical
Fire: Flaming, Combustion, Inferno, Fire
Sonic: Screaming, Roaring, Thundering, Resonance, Cacophony, Sonic
Force: Impulse, Impact, Kinetic
Healing: Devotion, Ardor, Healing
Repair: Reconstruction, Mending, Repair
Good: Benevolence, Beatitude
Light: Radiance, Brilliance
Negative Energy: Nullification, Nihil, Void, Negative Energy

For quick reference, here's a list of what items can be crafted with ability bonuses:

Strength: Belt, Gloves, Ring
Dexterity: Boots, Gloves, Ring
Constitution: Belt, Necklace, Ring
Intelligence: Goggles, Headgear, Ring
Wisdom: Headgear, Necklace, Ring
Charisma: Cloak, Headgear, Ring

-----------------------------------------
Main Hand Weapons

Prefix
Any one energy Touch:
.....Acid, Cold, Shocking, Fire
Any one energy damage:
.....Acid, Frost, Shock, Flaming, Screaming
Any one energy Burst:
....Acid, Icy, Shocking, Flaming
Any one divine damage: (Also available in Burst form)
.....Holy, Unholy, Axiomatic, Anarchic
Double critical range:
.....Keen, Impact
Bodyfeeder
Life Shield
Ghost Touch
Metalline
Songblade (+2 to Perform skill)
Cursespewing
Crippling
Maladroit (Bludgeon only, -1 Dexterity on hit)
Roaring
Sacred
Seeker
Stench
Strength Sapping
Telekinetic
Thundering
True Law
True Chaos
Unbalancing
Vengeful
Vicious
Wounding
Weakening
Increase effectiveness of any one spell type (passive):
.....Corrosion, Glaciation, Magnetism, Combustion, Resonance, Impulse,
.....Devotion, Reconstruction, Benevolence, Radiance, Nullification
Increase effectiveness of any one spell type (active):
.....Erosion, Freeze, Spark, Inferno, Cacophony, Impact,
.....Ardor, Mending, Beatitude, Brilliance, Nihil
Any one spell Focus: (Increase DC to resist spells from that school)
.....Abjuration, Conjuration, Enchantment, Evocation, Illusion, Necromancy,
.....Transmutation
Increase effetciveness of all spells:
.....Potency, Efficacy
Efficient Metamagic: Empower Healing
Spell Penetration

Suffix
Melee Alacrity
Ranged Alacrity
Aligned (Bypasses any alignment-based DR)
Everbright (Immune to ooze and rust monsters)
Parrying (Insight bonus to AC and Saves)
Power
Seeker (Bonus to confirm critical hits)
Vampirism
Bleed
Bone Breaking (Bludgeon only)
Deception
Destruction
Enfeebling
Maiming
Puncturing (Piercing only)
Pure Good
Shatter (Increase DC to resist your Sunder)
Shattermantle (Temporarily reduce target's spell resistance)
Slicing
Slowburst
Sneak Attack Bonus
Staggering Blow
Stunning (Bludgeon only)
Tendon Slice
Vertigo (Increase DC to resist your Trip)
Manage threat level:
.....Incite, Stealth Strike
Any one Bane:
.....Human, Dwarf, Elf, Halfling, Gnoll,
.....Reptilian, Goblinoid, Orc, Monstrous Humanoid, Plant, Animal, Vermin, Ooze,
.....Giant, Dragon, Magical Beast, Elemental, Aberration, Construct,
.....Undead, Incorporeal, Evil Outsider, Chaotic Outsider, Lawful Outsider
.....Transmutation
Any one Lore: (Increase spell critical hit and damage multiplier)
.....Healing, Repair, Void, Acid, Ice, Lightning, Fire, Sonic, Kinetic
--------------------------------------------------
Armor

WARNING: You can only craft items that have a "+" rating in the top right of the description. If it doesn't have a +, it can't be crafted, so be wary of Elven Chain; that's an uncraftable "named" item. Elven Chainmail is craftable.

Prefix
Any one Guard: (Damages melee attackers each time you get hit)
.....Acid, Ice, Lightning, Fire, Sonic, Thorn, Undead
Blood Rage
Blueshine (Immune to ooze and rust monsters)
Deathblock
Fearsome
Hallowed
Life Shield
Lionheart
Natural Armor
Sacred
Silver Flame
Twilight
Unbalancing

Suffix
Any one energy Resistance:
.....Acid, Cold, Lightning, Fire, Sonic
Any one Save:
.....Reflex, Fortitude, Will, Poison, Enchantment
Any one damage reduction:
.....Axeblock, Hammerblock, Spearblock, Invulnerability
Command
Dusk
Eternal Faith
False Life
Fortification
Negative Energy Absorption
Nimbleness (Similar effect as mithral, stacks with mithral, but doesn't make it lighter)
Resistance (Bonus to all saves)
Power
Protection (Deflection bonus to AC)
Stability
----------------------------------------------------
Shields / Off Hand Weapons

Off Hand Weapons seem to be any weapon that can be wielded in one hand, meaning everything except two-handed weapons.

Shields and Off Hand Weapons can take any ability in the Main Hand Weapons lists, plus the following additional abilities:

Prefix
Deathblock
Lionheart
Natural Armor
Shield Spikes
Undead Guard

Suffix
Any one energy resistance:
Any one damage absorption:
.....Electrical, Fire, Negative Energy
Bashing
Command
False Life
Fortification
Spell Resistance
Stability
------------------------------------------------
Docent

Prefix
Arcane Sigil (Reduce arcane spell failure chance)
Blood (Increase healing from positive energy, reduce fortification)
Blood Rage
Deathblock
Fearsome
Feat: Mobility
Life Shield
Lionheart
Natural Armor Bonus
Unbalancing

Suffix
Any one Save:
Dusk
False Life
Fortification
Power
Reinforced Plating
Stability
----------------------------------------------

Clothing (Robes, Outfits)

Prefix
Blood Rage
Deathblock
Fearsome
Life Shield
Lionheart
Natural Armor
Unbalancing

Suffix
Any one Save:
Dusk
False life
Fortification
Power
Resistance
Stability
----------------------------------------------
Headgear (Helmet, hat, cap, mask, etc...)

Prefix
Charisma
Hallowed
Intelligence
Sacred
Silver Flame
Underwater Action
Wisdom

Suffix
Any one skill except UMD:
.....Balance, Bluff, Concentration, Diplomacy, Disable Device, Haggle, Heal, Hide,
.....Intimidate, Jump, Listen, Move Silently, Open Lock, Perform, Repair, Search,
.....Spot, Swim, Tumble
Any one Save:
Any one mana boost:
.....Power, Wizardry, Magi
Eternal Faith
Persuasion (+3 to charisma-based skill checks, eg: UMD)
----------------------------------------------------
Goggles

Prefix
Blindness Immunity
Intelligence
Underwater Action

Suffix
.....Balance, Bluff, Concentration, Diplomacy, Disable Device, Haggle, Heal, Hide,
.....Intimidate, Jump, Listen, Move Silently, Open Lock, Perform, Repair, Search,
.....Spot, Swim, Tumble
Any one Save:
Attack Bonus
Dodge
Persuasion (+3 to Charisma-based skill checks, eg: UMD)
Secret Door Detection
True Seeing
--------------------------------------------------------
Necklace

Prefix
Constitution
Disease Immunity
Hallowed
Natural Armor Bonus
Proof Against Poison
Sacred
Silver Flame
Wisdom

Suffix
.....Spot, Swim, Tumble
Any one Save:
Eternal Faith
-------------------------------------------------
Cloaks

Prefix
Charisma
Feather Falling
Unbalancing

Suffix
.....Spot, Swim, Tumble
Any one Save:
Dusk
Negative Energy Absoption
Spell Resistance
Bracers

Prefix
Armor Bonus
Natural Armor Bonus
.....Transmutation

Suffix
.....Spot, Swim, Tumble
Any one Save:
Dodge
------------------------------------------------------
Gloves

Prefix
Arcane Casting Dexterity (Reduce arcane spell failure chance)
Dexterity
Strength

Suffix
.....Spot, Swim, Tumble
Any one Save:
.....Reflex, Fortitude, Will, Poison or Enchantment
Belts

Prefix
Constitution
Disease Immunity
Proof Against Poison
Strength

Suffix
.....Spot, Swim, Tumble
Any one Save:
False Life
Fortification
Spell Resistance
-----------------------------------------------
Boots

Prefix
Dexterity
Feather Falling
Striding

Suffix
.....Spot, Swim, Tumble
Any one Save:
------------------------------------------------------
Rings

Prefix
Increase effectiveness of any one spell type:
.....Transmutation
Any one stat bonus:
.....Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom, Charisma
Blindness Immunity
Casting Dexterity (Reduce arcane spell failure chance)
Disease Immunity
Feather Falling
Hallowed
Natural Armor
Potency (Increase spell damage)
Proof Against Poison
Sacred
Silver Flame
Spell Penetration
Striding
Unbalancing
Underwater Action

Suffix
.....Spot, Swim, Tumble
Any one Save:
Any one mana boost:
Eternal Faith
False Life
Fortification
Regeneration
Spell Resistance
----------------------------------------------------------
Trinkets

Note that craftable trinkets are tougher to find than other items. They can be bought in the DDO store, "deconstructed" from a shard of power from The Shroud, or found in quest drops. (I found mine in Red Fens as an end reward for Into the Deep.)

DDO Store trinkets must be disjuncted before you can craft with them.

Prefix
Increase effectiveness of any one spell type:
.....Transmutation
Any one Efficient Metamagic:
.....Empower, Enlarge, Extend, Maximize)
Blindness Immunity
Casting Dexterity (Reduce arcane spell failure chance)
Hallowed
Natural Armor
Potency (Increase spell damage)
Sacred
Silver Flame
Spell Penetration

Suffix
.....Spot, Swim, Tumble
Any one Save:
Any one mana boost:
Melee Alacrity
Ranged Alacrity
Attack Bonus
Dodge
Eternal Faith
False Life
Good Luck (Bonus to all saves and skill checks)
Good Luck - Will Save +1
Good Luck - Reflex Save +1
Secret Door Detection
Spell Resistance
True Seeing
Any one Lore: (Increase spell critical hit and damage multiplier)
.....Healing, Repair, Void, Acid, Ice, Lightning, Fire, Sonic, Kinetic
One of two energy Absorption: (Absorb 33% of incoming spell damage)
.....Electrical, Fire

It ain't pretty, but that's a copypasta of the thread he linked. Enjoy!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint