Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) crafted handwraps exploit (Read 11362 times)
qwerty1234
Ex Member

crafted handwraps exploit
Jun 7th, 2011 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
I crafted up some fire and acid touch handwraps, but was unable to reproduce the exploit by swapping them. Suggestions?

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Re: crafted handwraps exploit
Reply #1 - Jun 7th, 2011 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
i suggest you DIAF.

IP Logged

qwerty1234
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 7th, 2011 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jun 7th, 2011 at 4:26pm:
i suggest you DIAF.

Thanks for your suggestion!

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #3 - Jun 7th, 2011 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
I am not sure anyone knows of this exploit that you speak of.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #4 - Jun 7th, 2011 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
I certainly don't know about it.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

qwerty1234
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jun 7th, 2011 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
There was a thread on the DDO forums about it last night, but it vanished obviously. Ditto the second thread.

Google still has a few snippets of posts that got wiped, eg this one.

Essentially, swapping wraps causes the damage effects to register 1/swap instead of 1/item. There was a screenshot of a 1-shot on the training dummy.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #6 - Jun 7th, 2011 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
Do you mean the exploit that lets you attack without actually getting the benefits of your handwraps?  'Cause I don't think that's really an exploit.  Smiley

fnord

IP Logged

qwerty1234
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jun 7th, 2011 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Jun 7th, 2011 at 4:47pm:
Do you mean the exploit that lets you attack without actually getting the benefits of your handwraps?  'Cause I don't think that's really an exploit.  Smiley

That one I can reproduce no problem. :/

IP Logged

apep
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Jun 7th, 2011 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
What I've noticed testing out this bug:

Swapping between several crafted handwraps with no enhancement modifier will stack their effects until you swap to non-crafted handwraps.
So far, I've only tested with each wraps having 1 effect each, and have seen it apply to shock, screaming, and evil outsider bane.
From the evil outsider bane, the bane damage appeared, but the attack/ base damage was not increased.

It seems that swapping ToD rings/ maybe some other effects removes the extra damage.

Swapping between the same 2 wraps will increase the effects per swap, allowing you to have theoretically infinite extra effects, even of the same type.

After building up the effects, you can swap to a pair of crafted wraps and still keep the effects.
For example, swapping between holy and greater lawful outsider bane wraps many times, then using crafted +5 handwraps for the to-hit.

I'd probably expect a few interesting solo accomplishments from this... but a good amount of associated bans.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jun 7th, 2011 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
apep wrote on Jun 7th, 2011 at 5:02pm:

Swapping between several crafted handwraps with no enhancement modifier will stack their effects until you swap to non-crafted handwraps.
So far, I've only tested with each wraps having 1 effect each, and have seen it apply to shock, screaming, and evil outsider bane.
From the evil outsider bane, the bane damage appeared, but the attack/ base damage was not increased.

It seems that swapping ToD rings/ maybe some other effects removes the extra damage.

Swapping between the same 2 wraps will increase the effects per swap, allowing you to have theoretically infinite extra effects, even of the same type.

After building up the effects, you can swap to a pair of crafted wraps and still keep the effects.
For example, swapping between holy and greater lawful outsider bane wraps many times, then using crafted +5 handwraps for the to-hit.

I'd probably expect a few interesting solo accomplishments from this... but a good amount of associated bans.

I'm going to test this...I need a break anyhow =D

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #10 - Jun 7th, 2011 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
I was in a pug last weekend that was talking about this exploit, so I think it has been around a bit.

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #11 - Jun 7th, 2011 at 10:12pm
Print Post  
It has been around for a bit.  And every single fucking monk that uses it gets immediately dropped from my groups as soon as it's possible to do so.
The stacking effect that happens creates MEGA-FUCKING-LAG while the computations happen for the strike.  So it's really easy to know when it happens.... because my computer locks up and I rubberband when I NEVER have lag.  Not even in the Sub.
But that shit locks me up.

I don't recommend it, and hopefully it's been fixed.
I actually haven't been accepting monks into my pugs lately because I don't even want to deal with the possibility.

edit:
To give you an example of what happens:
The first time I saw it used was maybe a month ago in one if Qrazydouchebag's Abbots.  The monk was prepping it as we waited for the last few people to get there.  I'm not sure how many times he swapped, but when he started fighting the rest of the raid group stood motionless for a full five seconds while the computations took place.
We were trying to move/cast/attack/what have you.  We simply stood there and did nothing for five full seconds.  And need I remind you, I hardly ever lag.
This is obviously an extreme example, as he prepped it for a while, but it gives you an idea of the problems inherent with it.
« Last Edit: Jun 7th, 2011 at 10:23pm by Cale »  

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jun 7th, 2011 at 10:48pm
Print Post  
Cale wrote on Jun 7th, 2011 at 10:12pm:
It has been around for a bit.  And every single fucking monk that uses it gets immediately dropped from my groups as soon as it's possible to do so.
The stacking effect that happens creates MEGA-FUCKING-LAG while the computations happen for the strike.  So it's really easy to know when it happens.... because my computer locks up and I rubberband when I NEVER have lag.  Not even in the Sub.

I actually haven't been accepting monks into my pugs lately because I don't even want to deal with the possibility.

edit:
The first time I saw it used was maybe a month ago in one if Qrazydouchebag's Abbots.  The monk was prepping it as we waited for the last few people to get there.  I'm not sure how many times he swapped, but when he started fighting the rest of the raid group stood motionless for a full five seconds while the computations took place.
We were trying to move/cast/attack/what have you.  We simply stood there and did nothing for five full seconds.  And need I remind you, I hardly ever lag.
This is obviously an extreme example, as he prepped it for a while, but it gives you an idea of the problems inherent with it.

I now have a new purpose on my monk.

12 monk Shroud.

We're gonna crash Khyber in Part 4.

Who's in? Cheesy

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #13 - Jun 7th, 2011 at 11:22pm
Print Post  

edit:

I actually wonder if this exploit might be the source of U9 lag.  The lag has been crazy weird since U9, and something like that could potentially affect the rest of the server, too.  How would one go about telling the devs to look into the exploit as a source of lag, without getting infractions or bans oneself?   Smiley

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Jun 7th, 2011 at 11:38pm
Print Post  

edit:

Thanks. At least now I know not to make a second pair of wraps until the screaming starts.

If I do take a vacation, I'd prefer it on my terms, not because I pushed the wrong button combination some day and ended up on their little machine generated list.

Schmoe wrote on Jun 7th, 2011 at 11:22pm:
I actually wonder if this exploit might be the source of U9 lag.  The lag has been crazy weird since U9, and something like that could potentially affect the rest of the server, too.  How would one go about telling the devs to look into the exploit as a source of lag, without getting infractions or bans oneself?   Smiley

That actually wouldn't surprise me much.
« Last Edit: Jun 7th, 2011 at 11:39pm by »  

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #15 - Jun 8th, 2011 at 2:37am
Print Post  
Want to talk to a Dev about it?  Send a PM.
The infractions are for discussing it publicly.  You aren't publicly explaining it or publicly discussing it if it's done in private.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Jun 8th, 2011 at 2:46am
Print Post  
"Anonymous Source" just sent me a SS of this. SO MANY NUMBERS!!!!

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #17 - Jun 8th, 2011 at 3:47am
Print Post  
Quote:
"Anonymous Source" just sent me a SS of this. SO MANY NUMBERS!!!!

You have my email. I expect mail.

Proud Leader & official Gimp of Crimson Eagles on Khyber
Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor WF FvS 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 18 - Splatsplat 18/2 DoSIII

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #18 - Jun 8th, 2011 at 3:59am
Print Post  
POST IT!  I want a pic dammit!  Use MS paint to black out whatever you need to keep him confidential, do it now!

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Jun 8th, 2011 at 4:02am
Print Post  
It was just a tinypic. When I see them on again, I'll ask for it again lol. They're on here and Fel hates them if that's a good hint Smiley

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #20 - Jun 8th, 2011 at 8:04am
Print Post  
Schmoe wrote on Jun 7th, 2011 at 11:22pm:

Codeshaper is the one who is in charge of looking for the lag, I believe.  Sending a private message to him on the DDO forums seems like the best way.

Edit:  Just want to mention that I wouldn't bother reporting this bug or PMing Codeshaper under normal circumstances since I think Monks deserve a little love for the Handwrap hell that they're currently going through with lootgen handwraps.  But if it is causing lag, then I want that bug DEAD! I want its family DEAD! I want its house burned to the GROUND! I wanna go there in the middle of the night and I wanna PISS ON ITS ASHES!
« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2011 at 8:50am by popejubal »  

fnord

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #21 - Jun 8th, 2011 at 8:42am
Print Post  
apep wrote on Jun 7th, 2011 at 5:02pm:

rainbow of numbers all the way across the screen!

woah! its a double strike rainbow! oh my god!

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

Vissarion
DQ Assaulter

Reply #22 - Jun 8th, 2011 at 10:30am
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Jun 8th, 2011 at 8:04am:
Edit:  Just want to mention that I wouldn't bother reporting this bug or PMing Codeshaper under normal circumstances since I think Monks deserve a little love for the Handwrap hell that they're currently going through with ALL handwraps.

Fixed. I could list all the problems that handwraps are currently experiencing, but that shit makes me want to punch puppies.

Theologians don't know nothin' about my soul

IP Logged

Asketes
Puppy Farmer

Perma

Reply #23 - Jun 8th, 2011 at 11:32am
Print Post  
SS please Cheesy

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #24 - Jun 8th, 2011 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
Found out today from Codeshaper that development knows about this bug and that they already have a fix ready for the next update.

I didn't hear about whether they have/don't have a fix for the other handwraps issues.
« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2011 at 2:07pm by popejubal »  

fnord

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint