Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) crafted handwraps exploit (Read 11384 times)
Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Re: crafted handwraps exploit
Reply #50 - Jun 14th, 2011 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Let's say we attacked lag from several angles just to be on the safe side.

Only a matter of time before they remove active combat to fight lag.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #51 - Jun 14th, 2011 at 9:16pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jun 14th, 2011 at 7:50pm:
You don't want to play DDO anymore??  Cheesy

No No. Get it right. I'm a horrific gimp because I insist on building characters with fallback contribution strategies instead of min/maxing till that last decimal point dribbles out of the e-peen for one specific thing.

Hell, I don't even really mind loot gen exploits that much tbh. Folks want to rig the game because they just can't do jack shit without dripping in greensteel and raidloot, I guess mommas special little entitled chilluns got to be entertained too.

Nah, where I draw the line is folks so obsessed with stroking themselves over time to complete, they'd bring the servers down in a heartbeat if that's what it took.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #52 - Jun 15th, 2011 at 8:15am
Print Post  
Anyone want to place a bet whether people got banned?

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #53 - Jun 15th, 2011 at 10:06am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 8:15am:
Anyone want to place a bet whether people got banned? 

If anyone got banned, pretty safe bet that we will catch an "OMG why am I banned????&*(%&$^&#$!!!" thread either here or on the other forums as soon as the banning starts.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #54 - Jun 15th, 2011 at 10:52am
Print Post  
well i'll never confirm or deny exploiting handwraps publicly, but i did put up a 10 min shroud and i'm still not banned.

will post here and let you guys know if anything happens though.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Quikster
Titan Demolisher

n00balicious

Reply #55 - Jun 15th, 2011 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 10:52am:
well i'll never confirm or deny exploiting handwraps publicly, but i did put up a 10 min shroud and i'm still not banned.

will post here and let you guys know if anything happens though.

Honestly I cant see a ban for that. Its not like you wouldnt have completed without the exploit. Or you bypassed a raid timer, or pulled multiple +3/4 tomes out of a rewards list, etc, etc, etc.

So you did a raid a few min faster than you would normally be able to. So what?

~The Quikmeister~

IP Logged

Cyr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #56 - Jun 15th, 2011 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
Quikster wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 12:21pm:
Honestly I cant see a ban for that. Its not like you wouldnt have completed without the exploit. Or you bypassed a raid timer, or pulled multiple +3/4 tomes out of a rewards list, etc, etc, etc.

So you did a raid a few min faster than you would normally be able to. So what?

I think we both know the exploit was used for alot more then just shaving a few minutes off of a trivial lower leveled raid one time and that Turbine really does not care if a quest was 'easy' already when it comes to exploits. 

That said I don't see the odds of bans coming from this one as being very high as it again would be a mass ban which is really really bad for business and from a PR perspective.

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #57 - Jun 15th, 2011 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
Cyr wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 12:29pm:
I think we both know the exploit was used for alot more then just shaving a few minutes off of a trivial lower leveled raid one time and that Turbine really does not care if a quest was 'easy' already when it comes to exploits. 

That said I don't see the odds of bans coming from this one as being very high as it again would be a mass ban which is really really bad for business and from a PR perspective.

Then again there would be a lot fewer monks for a while, so it wouldn't be all bad.

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

Quikster
Titan Demolisher

n00balicious

Reply #58 - Jun 15th, 2011 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
Cyr wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 12:29pm:

Turbine usually doesnt care if something makes things a little easier as far as bans are concerned. Mostly they just hot fix it.

Its usually when players are getting more reward then they deserve, or are griefing others that the bans come out.

~The Quikmeister~

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #59 - Jun 15th, 2011 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
Quikster wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 3:00pm:
Turbine usually doesnt care if something makes things a little easier as far as bans are concerned. Mostly they just hot fix it.

Its usually when players are getting more reward then they deserve, or are griefing others that the bans come out.

All those suckers who take an hour to run shroud are getting madly griefed by that 10 minute completion.  Cheesy  Grin

IP Logged

Flint
Stormreaver Piker

I'm a Halfling on the
EDGE!

Reply #60 - Jun 15th, 2011 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
Well it looks like this was part of todays Hotfix if I read Tolero's post correctly, along with the handwraps not applying their + to hit and damage.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #61 - Jun 15th, 2011 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
Flint wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 3:37pm:
Well it looks like this was part of todays Hotfix if I read Tolero's post correctly, along with the handwraps not applying their + to hit and damage.

So they fixed EVERYTHING wrong with wraps?

To include crafted, wrap switching and ship buffs issues?

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #62 - Jun 15th, 2011 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
Quote:
So they fixed EVERYTHING wrong with wraps?

No

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=323964

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #63 - Jun 15th, 2011 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 5:21pm:

That's hardly a big deal, mabar wraps were that way before wraps were messed up in general.  As long as they fixed the major problems with wraps, I find it hard to care.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #64 - Jun 15th, 2011 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 7:29pm:
That's hardly a big deal, mabar wraps were that way before wraps were messed up in general.  As long as they fixed the major problems with wraps, I find it hard to care. 

This.

If I can switch wraps again, I'll be ok.

IP Logged

substrate
Dragon Raider

Reply #65 - Jun 16th, 2011 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
Trying to find all the threads I read yesterday about broken handwraps.  Most of you are probably aware of these, but whatever. Bite me.

yet another (post 6/15 update) crafted handwraps bug
Quote:
Now, this bug has cropped up since the update today, or at least this is the first that I have seen it if it has been happening before.
It only effects crafted handwraps that have a prefix and/or suffix damage component (so almost all crafted handwraps)
If you take off or put on a TOD ring (that has a burst effect added to it only) while wearing said crafted wraps, the prefix and suffix damage components will no longer proc until you take those wraps off and put them back on

Example: crafted True Chaos handwraps of Construct Bane in use, take off or put on my Kyosho’s ring with added shocking burst effect and hit the training dummy on board guild airship. Your chaos and bane damage will not occur. Take off those wraps and put them back on and both damages will start up again.

Same thread, reply by Marten expanding on the issue:
Quote:
All ToD bonuses (i.e. Shintao Cord + Kyosho's Ring) stops working with crafted wraps even though the icons still show in you buff section if you look at your to-hit and damage you will see a change in +5 wraps vs +5 crafted wraps. It is as if the code is not telling the system that we have an unarmed weapon slotted.

Also, the bonus to hit from bane is not working with crafted wraps...

Ever monk that reads this to test this for yourself and bug report what you find, the more information they have the more likely they will be able to fix it.

This thread was reporting guild slotted crafted handwraps were bugged, but OP updated and reports they appear to be working after the patch

Hotfix did not fix handwraps
Quote:
Hotfix did NOT fix handwraps... just broke them in a different way.

Crafted handwraps do not seem to be getting their enhancement bonus to hit.

However, a far more annoying problem is that switching from non-crafted handwraps to ANY other weapon will nerf your to hit. This includes swapping to quarterstaves, crafted handwraps, even completely unarmed.

A temporary workaround exists, but you must apply EVERY time you switch from non-crafted wraps to other weapons. Force a recalc of to hit and damage by swapping gear or casting spell that improves both your to hit and damage (claw set / litany / good hope).

I haven't fully tested the effects on damage. But in many aspects the handwrap issue has been inverted. Or RE-inverted if you've been following from the beginning.

Some threads complaining about bugs before the June 15th patch, I don't know the status of these but including them for completeness

Ghost touch not working with crafted handwraps

Additional Monk Glitches
Quote:
Basically, on top of the enhancement bonus glitch, there is an additional glitch concerning the Dhakaani Vigor airship buff, which confers +2 stacking damage to melee attacks. This glitch has several parts.

A) It does not stack with the Monk passive past life, so there is only a net increase of 1 damage.

B) If you change Handwraps, either to crafted or non-crafted, the buff is lost, leaving only the +1 passive past life.

C) The buff remains on your buff bar, but even if you change back to the original Handwraps, it does not come back in actuality.

D) Using the workaround for the enhancement bonus glitch does not work for the buff glitch, as far as I can tell. Tried toggling Power Attack, drinking a heroism pot, switching to Goggles of Insight, and switching into crafted +2 attack goggles. Although these will (inconsistently!) fix the enhancement bonus problem, it does nothing for the airship buff.
Quote:
When you receive offensive bard songs like Inspire Courage, switching handwraps will negate the bonuses while leaving the icon in the buff bar

Crafted handwraps are not applying DR-bypassing properties, such as good. (EG, Holy Handwraps of Vampirism do not break trash devil DR).

Much like the airship buff bug, there is no way to regain the bard buffs after switching handwraps, outside of having the bard refresh the buffs.

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #66 - Jun 16th, 2011 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
I predict that crafting wraps will be disabled entirely for the time being until Turbine has a chance to re-write that subsystem.  That is the buggiest piece of software I've seen in a long time.

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #67 - Jun 16th, 2011 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
Schmoe wrote on Jun 16th, 2011 at 12:46pm:
I predict that crafting wraps will be disabled entirely for the time being until Turbine has a chance to re-write that subsystem.  That is the buggiest piece of software I've seen in a long time.

Agreed. It seems that the old Handwraps coding that was preventing greensteel crafting has come back to really bite them.

IP Logged

Azuphle
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #68 - Jun 16th, 2011 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
It's like they have to rewrite each new system which includes wraps exclusively for wraps. Why did they implement wraps different from regular weapons anyway?

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #69 - Jun 16th, 2011 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
Azuphle wrote on Jun 16th, 2011 at 3:31pm:
It's like they have to rewrite each new system which includes wraps exclusively for wraps. Why did they implement wraps different from regular weapons anyway?

I bet the fact that they are just one weapon that uses two weapon feats is what jacked it up.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Azuphle
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #70 - Jun 16th, 2011 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jun 16th, 2011 at 3:33pm:
I bet the fact that they are just one weapon that uses two weapon feats is what jacked it up.

Good point.
Just another thought: The enhancements of crafted wraps don't show on character sheets, do they? Any confirmation this is 'bug'?

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #71 - Jun 16th, 2011 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jun 16th, 2011 at 3:33pm:

It would explain how they got ToD rings to work

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #72 - Jun 16th, 2011 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
It's because handwraps are coded as non-weapons.  You're fighting unarmed.
Ever notice how when you're fresh out of Korthos and you unequip your weapon and punch an ooze, it's the exact same animation as when a non-monk has handwrpas equipped?  That's because handwraps aren't really weapons as far as the code is concerned.  That's why ToD rings work with wraps but not with weapons.  That's why GS crafted wraps are non-existent.

Wraps have to be coded differently because they have to add weapon effects onto something that, for coding purposes, isn't a weapon.
« Last Edit: Jun 16th, 2011 at 5:34pm by Cale »  

IP Logged

Azuphle
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #73 - Jun 16th, 2011 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
Cale wrote on Jun 16th, 2011 at 5:31pm:
It's because handwraps are coded as non-weapons.  You're fighting unarmed.
Ever notice how when you're fresh out of Korthos and you unequip your weapon and punch an ooze, it's the exact same animation as when a non-monk has handwrpas equipped?  That's because handwraps aren't really weapons as far as the code is concerned.  That's why ToD rings work with wraps but not with weapons.  That's why GS crafted wraps are non-existent.

Wraps have to be coded differently because they have to add weapon effects onto something that isn't a weapon.

Dunno whether they are really coded as non-weapons, they at least use some sort of weaponish interface, since weapon feats apply on them, just base dice and enhancements kinda come from your character rather then from the actual weapon. But the question was - why code them like this?
Stainers point explains why they might be so exceptional.
That crafted wraps don't show their enhancements on the character bio and suddenly affect numbers never touched before might show us turbines process in trying to change how wraps work, thats 100% theory though.

IP Logged

Selee
Abbot Raider

Reply #74 - Jun 16th, 2011 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
Azuphle wrote on Jun 16th, 2011 at 5:45pm:
Dunno whether they are really coded as non-weapons, they at least use some sort of weaponish interface, since weapon feats apply on them, just base dice and enhancements kinda come from your character rather then from the actual weapon. But the question was - why code them like this?
Stainers point explains why they might be so exceptional.
That crafted wraps don't show their enhancements on the character bio and suddenly affect numbers never touched before might show us turbines process in trying to change how wraps work, thats 100% theory though.

My best guess as to why they didn't code them the same as regular weapons is because they change damage dice.  I doubt that in its current form that the code can support weapons that change like that.  So as a workaround, they made the unarmed damage based off of feats, and coded the handwraps to enchant the player directly, which is why you see the stats of the handwraps on the player when you examine them.  This made coding of handwrap damage as simple as counting the number of unarmed damage enhancement feats you have (including stuff like past lives and equipment) and referencing an entry in their database that would set the base unarmed damage level. 

This is probably also why they changed what the Ram's Might spell does in DDO, in D&D it directly increases the size category of the weapon, and I doubt that this would work in DDO's current form.

Just spitballin, but I would guess I am not too far off the mark.

I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves. - Ronald Reagan
Nice is for cowards and democrats - Red

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint