Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) crafted handwraps exploit (Read 11388 times)
Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Re: crafted handwraps exploit
Reply #75 - Jun 16th, 2011 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
Selee wrote on Jun 16th, 2011 at 7:32pm:
My best guess as to why they didn't code them the same as regular weapons is because they change damage dice.  I doubt that in its current form that the code can support weapons that change like that.  So as a workaround, they made the unarmed damage based off of feats, and coded the handwraps to enchant the player directly, which is why you see the stats of the handwraps on the player when you examine them.  This made coding of handwrap damage as simple as counting the number of unarmed damage enhancement feats you have (including stuff like past lives and equipment) and referencing an entry in their database that would set the base unarmed damage level. 

This is probably also why they changed what the Ram's Might spell does in DDO, in D&D it directly increases the size category of the weapon, and I doubt that this would work in DDO's current form.

Just spitballin, but I would guess I am not too far off the mark.

I see you and I think along the same lines.

IP Logged

Azuphle
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #76 - Jun 17th, 2011 at 2:28am
Print Post  
Selee wrote on Jun 16th, 2011 at 7:32pm:
My best guess as to why they didn't code them the same as regular weapons is because they change damage dice.  I doubt that in its current form that the code can support weapons that change like that.  So as a workaround, they made the unarmed damage based off of feats, and coded the handwraps to enchant the player directly, which is why you see the stats of the handwraps on the player when you examine them.  This made coding of handwrap damage as simple as counting the number of unarmed damage enhancement feats you have (including stuff like past lives and equipment) and referencing an entry in their database that would set the base unarmed damage level. 

This is probably also why they changed what the Ram's Might spell does in DDO, in D&D it directly increases the size category of the weapon, and I doubt that this would work in DDO's current form.

Just spitballin, but I would guess I am not too far off the mark.

Actually that was my first thought, but taking a closer look at it, I was sure that there were better ways to do this without fucking up the whole weapon system. Still you might be right, it's turbine we are talking about afterall  Lips Sealed

The one weapon TWF thingy, sounds like a better excuse, since there is probably no easier solution at hand.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #77 - Jun 17th, 2011 at 8:43am
Print Post  
I think at this point, it's probably time to just finally make weapon handwraps that do 1d1 damage and then make the Monk class do bonus damage on top of that.

When things continue to get more fucked up in every fix, it's probably time to start over.

If Red Dragonscale Armor can add fire damage to every weapon hit, I'm sure that Turbine can make ToD rings add Holy Burst or whatever to every handwraps weapon hit.

fnord

IP Logged

Mister_Peace
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #78 - Jun 18th, 2011 at 9:01am
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Jun 17th, 2011 at 8:43am:
I think at this point, it's probably time to just finally make weapon handwraps that do 1d1 damage and then make the Monk class do bonus damage on top of that.

Hell yes. The only downside I could see would be that Monks without any handwraps at all would be screwed, unlike in PnP.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint