Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Brazilian Warriors (Read 16135 times)
Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Re: Brazilian Warriors
Reply #75 - Jul 10th, 2011 at 6:36am
Print Post  
Had a little ding dong with Maretta last night. Nice Shroud led by an experienced favoured Soul with a nice but little rusty cleric as back up.

After beating the cat almost to death in the wrong place after repeated requests to stop (I resorted to all caps yelling in party chat in the end), he's the only person to die in Part IV, yells for a rez while he's been given a rez, we all loot and shrine as normal (slowish Shroud so usual 2 or 3 minutes of faffing), someone hits the altar and then he starts moaning (on his fighter) about being griefed by hitting the altar early because he hasn't shrined yet.

I mean, I know fighter boosts are useful and all but he must have lasted a whole 10 seconds after Harry dropped in part IV, how many could he have used? I couldn't resist pointing out that that's what his guild does all the time and there's maybe a reason why they aren't accepted into many runs. I am a bad Tere Wink

It's "people like me who ruin the game for everyone else" - you heard it here first Wink Oh. And apparently "the only person that did this got kicked out" - *reads up the thread* Yeah mate.
« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2011 at 6:40am by Terebinthia »  

IP Logged

whatshisface
Waterworks Kobold

Chicks with dex represent!

Reply #76 - Jul 10th, 2011 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
Wait, so he understands/speaks english then? Opinion of him not getting better. Best grief him every chance.

Chicks with dex represent!

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #77 - Jul 10th, 2011 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
Yup. he understood my written and spoken English just fine as far as I could tell. And as a Brit and being fairly soft spoken (most of the time, lol) I'm not always the easiest person for ESL folk to understand.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #78 - Jul 10th, 2011 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
elstainer wrote on Jul 6th, 2011 at 9:21pm:
Friday I think. I may still use this one. I like it.

Missed your giant greenis eh.
« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2011 at 3:06pm by Eladiun »  

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Reply #79 - Jul 10th, 2011 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Jul 10th, 2011 at 6:36am:
After beating the cat almost to death in the wrong place after repeated requests to stop (I resorted to all caps yelling in party chat in the end),

Yep thats the same one I was talking about earlier. He did that and a whole lot of nothing in pt 3 and 5.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #80 - Jul 10th, 2011 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
I had a Brazillian Warrior (Deconned) in an Evon6.  Caster.  Assigned him to base 2.  In party chat.  Twice.  And over voice.  He proceeded to go to base 3.  And die on the bridge between the two.  We also had a healer death at base 2.  So we ddoored and reset.  I reminded everyone in p-chat and voice of base assignments.  He DID IT AGAIN!  Went to Base 3.  Died.  Again.

After raid was over, I asked him WTF.  He said "I wanted to help on base 3."  NO LANGUAGE ISSUE.  HE JUST DIDNT WANT TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS. 

Ugh.

Blacklisted.  Fuck Off.

P.S.  Ran an ER EVon6 last night.  Buki leading.  Smooth as pie.  I was on my caster.  I click the LFM.  Get a tell:  "You know what you are doing?"  My reply:  "Yep."  Get accepted and then I see they have Popcorni in the group.  I Lol'd.  You got that tard in there, your standards aren't that high.  Smiley  Although maybe he felt the role of village idiot was taken.    One tard is managable.  Two, and you can have a wipe.  Popcorni tried to screw it up by not healing Shammgod, but it all worked out. 

P.P.S.  Revenants rock.  I'd put them up there with Prophets, ER, Wanderlust, Pilchards, Double Deviants, Ransack, Loreseekers, Guildless, TA, Crimson Eagles, Fallen Heroes, TFC, Harbor Rats, OMGBizzy, Helpers as a guild.  Feel good about having any of these in a raid/epic even if I don't recognize the toon name. 
« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2011 at 5:52pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #81 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 7:10am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 10th, 2011 at 5:50pm:
P.P.S.  Revenants rock.  I'd put them above Prophets, ER, Wanderlust, Pilchards, Double Deviants, Ransack, Loreseekers, Guildless, TA, Crimson Eagles, Fallen Heroes, TFC, Harbor Rats, OMGBizzy, Helpers as a guild.  Feel good about having any of these in a raid/epic even if I don't recognize the toon name. 

No offense.  But khyber is just slow.  What takes you guys so long to get raids done? Avg tod and shrouds should be 20mins or less.  Maybe I just get in the bad groups.

Also, what is with all the fucking useless buffing? Just because it still on your buffbar doesn't mean you have to make sure everyone has it.

Ugh, the pain.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #82 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 7:16am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Jul 12th, 2011 at 7:10am:
No offense.  But khyber is just slow.  What takes you guys so long to get raids done?

You're just in bad groups.  Tongue

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #83 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 7:42am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jul 12th, 2011 at 7:16am:

Agreed. Most ToDs I'm in finish at the 25 minute mark, usually because some retard wants buffs and the star won't kick em.

Shrouds can be painful though. Was in 2 yesterday where we waited at just about every fucking altar....neither completed in under 30 minutes. I was irate to see the least.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #84 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 7:58am
Print Post  
We will see when I start playing there more.  Yes, then we shall see...

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #85 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 8:58am
Print Post  
Sub-20 min ToD's are hard to come by.  The average is probably more around 25 min.  Which I'm happy with.

Shroud PuG's can be better if you get one where the leader says speed run.  Was in one just yesterday (pure pug) and it was done in 20 min. 

Epic Chrono seems to drag alot.  Too much downtime and screwing around between parts for my liking.  Giving out seals and named items in the chests after part 1 and 2 ensures a bunch of rolling and grab-assing.  I'd rather they had 4-5 chests at the end so we could deal with it all at once. 

The think I like most about Khyber, besides the drama, is that the server is generally very active during U.S. peak time.  You can fill most any raid in 5 minutes or less.  I don't care if the run takes 4-5 minutes longer.  I hate sitting around in half filled parties for 20 minutes.

That's why I like eDQ and eVon6 too.  You can get the pre-raid prepped while filling.  The actual raids are 10 minute quickies.  But there's no downtime while you are getting the group together.
« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2011 at 9:05am by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #86 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 9:19am
Print Post  
Hehehe, Maybe all the good ones are the ones that deny me because I am in a level 7 guild.  Bugger I say.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #87 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 9:26am
Print Post  
I did a Hard ToD with Helpers the other day that was finished in under 25. Depending on what shroud I jump into it could go anywhere from 22-30 mins. It is rare, but sometimes there are shrouds that last longer than 30. It usually the damn buffing, and someone jumping in the pool for mana regen that cause the delay.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #88 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 9:28am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jul 12th, 2011 at 9:26am:
I did a Hard ToD with Helpers the other day that was finished in under 25. Depending on what shroud I jump into it could go anywhere from 22-30 mins. It is rare, but sometimes there are shrouds that last longer than 30. It usually the damn buffing, and someone jumping in the pool for mana regen that cause the delay.

If a cleric calls jumping in the water mana regen after part 3 - I trigger part 4 right away.  I will usually do the same for part 5.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #89 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 9:30am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Jul 12th, 2011 at 9:28am:
If a cleric calls jumping in the water mana regen after part 3 - I trigger part 4 right away.  I will usually do the same for part 5.

I was in one the other day and I didn't notice but there was some guy crafting when we killed Harry in 4. We were looting and I look at the map just as he ported in and say "You kill?". I am not sure if he was one of these Brazil dipsticks. I just went ahead and clicked the altar. He could come back an loot. What an ass.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

sweez
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #90 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 11:42am
Print Post  
It is rare, but sometimes there are shrouds that last longer than 30.

Um, try joining complete pugs that aren't designated as 'speedy' or anything of the sort. 35-40 minutes usually  Cry

IP Logged

ScaredyCat
Ex Member

Reply #91 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 11:44am
Print Post  
I am really surprised by Khyber pugs that if you put 'be able to do your puzzel' on the lfm you get tells like 'can I please join even if I can't do my puzzle?'

On Thelanis my experience of pugs is that everyone does their own puzzle.

I don't get it.

I also don't get how long it takes to buff at the end of part 3 in most runs I seem to end up in ... beyond exasperating.

I rarely get a chance to do speed shrouds.

IP Logged

Jaxx
Fleet Admiral

Reply #92 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 11:53am
Print Post  
Depending on what shroud I jump into it could go anywhere from 22-30 mins.

Shroud I ran the other night took 11 minutes!  You are just slow old man, DOT's FTW!~ Grin

IP Logged

Emili
Shroud Slacker

Reply #93 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 12:02am
Print Post  
11 min shroud ... not a speed run and not even announced as such - completely pugged and I think most people just followed me into each part because I do not loot til end. If the khyber channels wanted speed records am sure they'd show reputable marks.

14 min ToD the other day ... but was norm, why do those bloody things take longer to fill than to run?

Is not that khyber pugs are so slow, overwhelmed or really ... the only thing wrong with many is they're too many cooks in the kitchen who are all baking a different entre. Wink

So next time I pound down the orthon and kill him outright ... do not stand there and scream 'bout it ... is enough bloody GS and mana in group to take down the rest of the boss's twice in the time your all standing 'round bloody bitchin' bout it - blitz them clean them up - no preps that's silly, We're popping well over 9+k dps easily when combined.
« Last Edit: Jul 13th, 2011 at 12:09am by Emili »  

|IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 | IMaj7 vim7 | iim7 V13 |III7+  VI9 | iim9  V13 |IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 |IMaj7 vim7 |iim7 V13 |I6  ivm7  bVII9 |I69   |

Bonheur dans la vie, c'est d'aimer et d'etre aimé et quand s'en va, l'espoir fuit.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #94 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
Emili wrote on Jul 13th, 2011 at 12:02am:
11 min shroud ... not a speed run and not even announced as such - completely pugged and I think most people just followed me into each part because I do not loot til end. If the khyber channels wanted speed records am sure they'd show reputable marks.

14 min ToD the other day ... but was norm, why do those bloody things take longer to fill than to run?

Is not that khyber pugs are so slow, overwhelmed or really ... the only thing wrong with many is they're too many cooks in the kitchen who are all baking a different entre. Wink

So next time I pound down the orthon and kill him outright ... do not stand there and scream 'bout it ... is enough bloody GS and mana in group to take down the rest of the boss's twice in the time your all standing 'round bloody bitchin' bout it - blitz them clean them up - no preps that's silly, We're popping well over 9+k dps easily when combined.

On shroud, if it's not a speed run and the leader doesn't say, then you jump into part 2 without looting and it will be you all by your lonesome for a bit.  Not that it's a major deal as long as you are self-sufficient, but you get a lot of people that pause after part 1, part 3, and part 4.  Honestly, only the casters should be shrining after part 1.  Only casters and healers after part 2.  Shrining after part 3 is stupid for everyone.  After part 4 is fine for all.  And over buffing is rampant.  you need maybe 6 buffs for the whole raid.  Fire, GH, Haste, Rage, FoM, and Deathward.  Bard songs are a bonus.  Everything else is a waste of time.

A 14 min ToD?  Fucking A.  That's nice.  I've seen 14 minutes spent after part 2 while people douche around about a bunch of belts and necklaces that drop like confetti on new years eve.  And then overbuff again for no good reason. 
« Last Edit: Jul 13th, 2011 at 4:46pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #95 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
BTW.  Marreta.  Brazilian Warriors.  Summoned a pet beholder while we were buffing in eVon6.  These guys are either asshole griefers or mentally challenged.  I'm going with assholes.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint