Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic overwrite instead of start from scratch - u9 craft (Read 2918 times)
popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

overwrite instead of start from scratch - u9 craft
Jun 11th, 2011 at 9:35am
Print Post  
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=323166

Go to the Gameplay options and check "Disable Crafting Overwrite Messages".

You can then replace prefixes/suffixes directly instead of having to deconstruct the item and start over from scratch.  That means I can replace all of my LAwful Outsider Bane with Evil Outsider Bane without making new "Holy" shards and shards of potential.

fnord

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Re: overwrite instead of start from scratch - u9 craft
Reply #1 - Jun 11th, 2011 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
That's pretty fucking handy, right there.  Smiley

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #2 - Jun 11th, 2011 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
This I like, letting a weapon grow along with the character instead of starting from scratch every time is nice.

IP Logged

Asketes
Puppy Farmer

Perma

Reply #3 - Jun 11th, 2011 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
very awesome!

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jun 11th, 2011 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
Yayface!

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Jun 11th, 2011 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
Couldn't downgrade. I made a +2 holy of undead bane, and realized too late that it was ML11 when I wanted it for a level 10 character.

I was unable to do anything when I stuck the weapon into the device with a +1 enhancement shard, trying to downgrade it to a ML9 item. Has anyone else tried that and found out how to make it work?

There is a fair amount of suckitude on the lack of prediction on the items ML. I should be able to dump my weapon blank and all of my shards in to the device, and see all of the item details in the final state prior to crafting, along with error messages and how to fix them (ie, two suffix shards present, need a +6, +7 and +8 shard of potential, etc).

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Jun 11th, 2011 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Jun 11th, 2011 at 3:56pm:
Couldn't downgrade. I made a +2 holy of undead bane, and realized too late that it was ML11 when I wanted it for a level 10 character.

I was unable to do anything when I stuck the weapon into the device with a +1 enhancement shard, trying to downgrade it to a ML9 item. Has anyone else tried that and found out how to make it work?

There is a fair amount of suckitude on the lack of prediction on the items ML. I should be able to dump my weapon blank and all of my shards in to the device, and see all of the item details in the final state prior to crafting, along with error messages and how to fix them (ie, two suffix shards present, need a +6, +7 and +8 shard of potential, etc).

This is hands down my biggest problem with crafting.  There really needs to be some way to tell what the ML of an item is going to be.  I've made some BtA crap for my new Wizard and I end up underpowering shit just so I don't have to worry about potentially overshooting his level.  Very frustrating, especially at 4th/5th when I'm just trying to get started.

Knowing that I can't downgrade means that I'll probably end up burning a lot of shards doing incremental upgrades, and probably end up falling short a lot of the time again.  ><

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #7 - Jun 11th, 2011 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
I did notice one issue with "cross-grading".  The crafting altar assumes that you will be adding the shard to the existing item and it demands a high enough potential on that weapon to allow you to make the change. 

That means starting with a +4 Holy of Lawful Outsider Bane (+8 total) and changing to a +4 Holy of Evil Outsider Bane will require you to upgrade the potential of the weapon to +10 so that you can "add" the Evil Outsider Bane in addition to the Lawful Outsider Bane.  Even though the Lawful Outsider Bane will go away in the process.  The end result will still be +8 at the end even though it requires +10 potential to make the change.

fnord

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Jun 11th, 2011 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Jun 11th, 2011 at 5:20pm:
I did notice one issue with "cross-grading".  The crafting altar assumes that you will be adding the shard to the existing item and it demands a high enough potential on that weapon to allow you to make the change. 

That means starting with a +4 Holy of Lawful Outsider Bane (+8 total) and changing to a +4 Holy of Evil Outsider Bane will require you to upgrade the potential of the weapon to +10 so that you can "add" the Evil Outsider Bane in addition to the Lawful Outsider Bane.  Even though the Lawful Outsider Bane will go away in the process.  The end result will still be +8 at the end even though it requires +10 potential to make the change.

That would be my problem in downgrading from a +2 to a +1. Sounds like a bug, not a feature.

Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #9 - Jun 11th, 2011 at 10:24pm
Print Post  
Workaround: Lesser [whatever] outsider bane is a +0 ML shard.

Blank out the suffix with that or a similiar prefix if one exists.

fnord

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jun 11th, 2011 at 10:51pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Jun 11th, 2011 at 10:24pm:
Workaround: Lesser [whatever] outsider bane is a +0 ML shard.

Blank out the suffix with that or a similiar prefix if one exists.

Any enhancement (or whatever it is called, the +1, +2 before the prefix) shards that do the same?

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #11 - Jun 11th, 2011 at 11:04pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Jun 11th, 2011 at 10:51pm:
Any enhancement (or whatever it is called, the +1, +2 before the prefix) shards that do the same?

No, but if you're already at the top end of what your weapon can do, you can eat the suffix +ML with the lesser evil outsider bane and then change what you need and then put your suffix back.

it's not perfect, but it's better than recrafting the entire thing.

fnord

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #12 - Jun 12th, 2011 at 9:20am
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Jun 11th, 2011 at 11:04pm:
No, but if you're already at the top end of what your weapon can do, you can eat the suffix +ML with the lesser evil outsider bane and then change what you need and then put your suffix back.

it's not perfect, but it's better than recrafting the entire thing.

Yes, it's too bad you can't use the same technique with a Prefix or the Enhancement (+4 to +5) to-hit-and-damage portion on the item.  Sad

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint