Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic TR build question (Read 2002 times)
stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

TR build question
Jun 27th, 2011 at 10:10am
Print Post  
I am getting within sight of capping Emmersome my HO barb. That will leave me with 2 capped 1st life barbs. I was thinking of taking the older one, Dreadler, and TR'g him into a pure WF Paladin. I usually start planning these about a month out or so, so I got time to tweak it. I am just working on the idea. Any thoughts/input about this?

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Re: TR build question
Reply #1 - Jun 27th, 2011 at 10:26am
Print Post  
Are you going TWF, THF, or S&B?

Also, are you planning to take the Barbarian Past Life feat?

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #2 - Jun 27th, 2011 at 10:28am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jun 27th, 2011 at 10:26am:
Are you going TWF, THF, or S&B?

Also, are you planning to take the Barbarian Past Life feat?

THF. Looking at the breakdown, I dunno if I can fit the PL feat in. I would probably give up extend if I did.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #3 - Jun 27th, 2011 at 10:37am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jun 27th, 2011 at 10:28am:
THF. Looking at the breakdown, I dunno if I can fit the PL feat in. I would probably give up extend if I did.

Either give up the PL feat (it's not all that great really) or go Human. I certainly wouldn't give up Extend. Zeal and Divine Favor don't last long enough to justify dropping it.
« Last Edit: Jun 27th, 2011 at 10:37am by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #4 - Jun 27th, 2011 at 10:41am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jun 27th, 2011 at 10:37am:
Either give up the PL feat (it's not all that great really) or go Human. I certainly wouldn't give up Extend. Zeal and Divine Favor don't last long enough to justify dropping it.

If I go human, I have a better chance of getting my cha up enough for DMIV?

So everyone knows, I have 1 paladin that I cat to lvl 10 and it is a bank character now. I wasn't entirely pleased with my first attempt.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #5 - Jun 27th, 2011 at 11:05am
Print Post  
I'll just jump in and mention that Junts's guide to making paladins is amazing.

They are a massive pain in the ass to build, though.

Also, does the Barbarian past life rage prevent you from casting spells?  Because I know my Paladin was casting spells all the time because the buffs were so short and the self healing was so attractive. 

I'd probably never even take Madstone boots out of the reincarnation bank for that entire life.

fnord

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #6 - Jun 27th, 2011 at 11:09am
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Jun 27th, 2011 at 11:05am:
I'll just jump in and mention that Junts's guide to making paladins is amazing.

They are a massive pain in the ass to build, though.

Also, does the Barbarian past life rage prevent you from casting spells?  Because I know my Paladin was casting spells all the time because the buffs were so short and the self healing was so attractive. 

I'd probably never even take Madstone boots out of the reincarnation bank for that entire life.

True about the rage stopping casting. This will be a last life, so I wouldn't want to wast that feat slot.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #7 - Jun 27th, 2011 at 11:59am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jun 27th, 2011 at 10:41am:
If I go human, I have a better chance of getting my cha up enough for DMIV?

So everyone knows, I have 1 paladin that I cat to lvl 10 and it is a bank character now. I wasn't entirely pleased with my first attempt.

id aim for dm3 as almost no one hits dm4 without great tomes. i would go human because i like extra healing amp, a feat, skill pts, and stat adaptability. and definitely try to get extend. twf and thf are both good options. thf as you know easier on your starting stats.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #8 - Jun 27th, 2011 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
someguy wrote on Jun 27th, 2011 at 11:59am:
id aim for dm3 as almost no one hits dm4 without great tomes. i would go human because i like extra healing amp, a feat, skill pts, and stat adaptability. and definitely try to get extend. twf and thf are both good options. thf as you know easier on your starting stats.

I was thinking THF since I already have some GS weapons made, but I realized with a Paladin it doesn't really matter. Smiley

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #9 - Jun 28th, 2011 at 10:40am
Print Post  
a lot of people tend to think min2 on paladins is a waste but its not necessarily true. you can use a min2 exclusively and not take improved crit and pick up another meta or PL feat etc. but ya usually the cheaper type just make a lit2 and holy sword for dr breaker. also most pure paladins dream of dr breaking esos so they take ICrit anyway. but some people know their limits/expectations prior to choosing feats

IP Logged

flynnjsw
Shroud Slacker

F U All!!!!!!

Reply #10 - Jun 28th, 2011 at 6:21pm
Print Post  
Pala worked fairly well, it was just the person behind the toon that was gimp. The mix of immunities from WF and the immunities from Paladin are a good mix. With Divine Righteousness and Brute Fighting you can be pretty effective at generating hate.

IP Logged

Phreshphrute
HJASTE YOURSELF

Reply #11 - Jul 5th, 2011 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
I think that going THF WF LOTB pally is really your best bet. 20 PAL stat breakdown follows:

STR 18 +5 Levels + 2 Tome + 9 Items = 34 + all the other crap people include (boat,rage, yugo etc.)
CON 17 +2 Tome + 8 Item +1 WF enh = 28
WIS,INT,DEX: Dump... make sure you eat a +2 wis tome and eqip a +6 item so you can cast your spells
CHA: 14 + 2 Tome + 8/9 items + 2/1 PAL enh = 26

I don't know what tomes you have banked, but you can adjust as you see fit. Also do you twitch?

FEATS

Extend, PA, Toughness, THF chain if you don't twitch, IC:Slash

Go KoTC and get an esos if you can.

I don't know how much you grind epics and what your crafting ingreds are like but I would go for the following setup:

Helm : E. Helm of Frost
Belt: KOTC Belt/Ravager Belt
Ring 1: KOTC/Ravager
Ring 2: Shintao
Armor: The mindsunder docent upgraded is alos a nice docent. Not a big fan of the Red Dragon docent but it is decent I suppose as well. O/W DT with HA 10%, 20% HA, Disint. Guard
Cloak: E. Envenomed
Gloves: E Claw
Bracers: E Claw
Boots: E. Corrosion
Goggs: Shroud HP Item - I would make a Lit 2 Guard
Trinket: Bloodstone

You will have to looka bit more closely at the gear setup to eliminate some redundancies with the epic slotting.

This build wil deal out punishing amounts of dps and against EO it is at the best dps build out there.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint