Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Referencing the Vault on the other forums (Read 3817 times)
Cor
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Referencing the Vault on the other forums
Jul 5th, 2011 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
So what is and is not allowed over there?  I gather that direct linking either in a post or signature is not allowed.  It also seems like even saying DDO Vault is not allowed.  Previously, I thought it could be linked to from profile, and I was going to post a direction to view Strakeln's profile, but I see the links there are now gone.

Is it OK to link in a PM?  Any evidence the mods ever even look at unreported PMs?

And looking at the Community Guidelines, I don't actually see anything that clearly addresses any of the above.  Has anyone actually gotten an infraction for referencing the Vault?  Or are references just quietly removed?

IP Logged

elstainer
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Re: Referencing the Vault on the other forums
Reply #1 - Jul 5th, 2011 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
Saying Vault, DDOVault, Gol, Arkohighstar, Iran, Dictatorship, transsexual, Strakeln gives hand jobs for Large Scales, and/or PLA is OK! will get you an infraction at the other place.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #2 - Jul 5th, 2011 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
It's pretty grey as to what they allow.  We had a gentleman's agreement with Tyrrant that allowed the use of Alternative Forum but anything beyond that could get you points and in many cases big points. There were 5pt infractions for linking.   Now, who knows...so far the powers that be have allowed this to continue but with so much new blood over there anything could happen.

Saying Stainer and Gunga's mom forever is allowed and encouraged however.
« Last Edit: Jul 5th, 2011 at 1:29pm by Eladiun »  

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Zaviticus
Korthos Resident

Equal Opportunity Hater

Reply #3 - Jul 5th, 2011 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
You could probably link in a /tell or a mailbox message to another player.  I would try and stay away from using the forums to pass along the Vault info. 

I guess if you knew the person fairly well, you could always send it to their personal e-mail address.

IP Logged

Asketes
Puppy Farmer

Perma

Reply #4 - Jul 5th, 2011 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jul 5th, 2011 at 1:29pm:
IThere were 5pt infractions for linking. 

Gotta love the pre-school rules.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jul 5th, 2011 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
It isn't hard to put "PM Strakeln for details." in your Sig.

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #6 - Jul 5th, 2011 at 9:14pm
Print Post  

I've had the link in my sig (which was not viewable in posts, only could be seen in my profile) for over a year now.  Tarrant agreed that it was okay to have it there since my sig was not visible.

I bumped the "One Year Later" thread and mentioned that looking at my profile would fill in blanks, and received 5 points for it. 

That's another way of saying what we pretty much already knew: the rules over there change daily.  Bunch of tards.

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #7 - Jul 5th, 2011 at 10:59pm
Print Post  
Strake wrote on Jul 5th, 2011 at 9:14pm:
I've had the link in my sig (which was not viewable in posts, only could be seen in my profile) for over a year now.  Tarrant agreed that it was okay to have it there since my sig was not visible.

I bumped the "One Year Later" thread and mentioned that looking at my profile would fill in blanks, and received 5 points for it. 

That's another way of saying what we pretty much already knew: the rules over there change daily.  Bunch of tards.

That's the problem with being in a gang: When one person decides to keep breaking rules and flashing the improper gang signs, others get punished.

IP Logged

Cor
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Jul 6th, 2011 at 12:12am
Print Post  
Strake wrote on Jul 5th, 2011 at 9:14pm:

That sucks.  But I'm curious: what bullshit community guideline did the mod cite?

IP Logged

elstainer
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jul 6th, 2011 at 12:16am
Print Post  
Cor wrote on Jul 6th, 2011 at 12:12am:
That sucks.  But I'm curious: what bullshit community guideline did the mod cite?

I think it was the "We have a stick in our ass" guideline.

IP Logged

Uhgungawa
King of the Vault

Life sucks, but she won't

Reply #10 - Jul 6th, 2011 at 12:23am
Print Post  
Don't know, I've even put

Into a few threads, some got removed, some not. But never even got a warning for those  Grin

When I think about me, I touch myself . Psst. Canada Sucks                

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #11 - Jul 6th, 2011 at 8:51pm
Print Post  
Cor wrote on Jul 6th, 2011 at 12:12am:

Dear Strakeln,

You have received an infraction at DUNGEONS & DRAGONS ONLINE®: Eberron Unlimited™ Forums.

Reason: Do not re-post or quote any materials which violate the Community Guidelines. This includes re-posting a thread or topic which has been previously closed or removed by the Turbine Community Team.
-------
Please follow the forum guidelines. You have been previously warned about including a link to a prohibited web site in your signature.
-------

This infraction is worth 5 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=3894757

Quote:
Same song, different year. This year, however, we decided to celebrate by banning the mods for a week. Duck and cover!

If you are wondering what I'm talking about, my actual signature will appear in my profile.

All the best,
DUNGEONS & DRAGONS ONLINE®: Eberron Unlimited™ Forums

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #12 - Jul 6th, 2011 at 8:54pm
Print Post  
That's BS which one threw that piece of garbage.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #13 - Jul 6th, 2011 at 9:00pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jul 6th, 2011 at 8:54pm:
That's BS which one threw that piece of garbage.

Cubethulu, so who knows.

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #14 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
Strake wrote on Jul 6th, 2011 at 8:51pm:
Dear Strakeln,

You have received an infraction at DUNGEONS & DRAGONS ONLINE®: Eberron Unlimited™ Forums.

Reason: Do not re-post or quote any materials which violate the Community Guidelines. This includes re-posting a thread or topic which has been previously closed or removed by the Turbine Community Team.
-------
Please follow the forum guidelines. You have been previously warned about including a link to a prohibited web site in your signature.
-------

This infraction is worth 5 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=3894757

All the best,
DUNGEONS & DRAGONS ONLINE®: Eberron Unlimited™ Forums

you perma banned yet?

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
Well, it's clear at this point just what reg is broken by pointing to the vault.

Rule 0: Thou shalt not point out that our shit stinks, nor show how overpaid we are.

IP Logged

Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Reply #16 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
I'm trying to think of some reason they might be heavy-handed towards you Strake.  You didn't do anything to piss them off lately did you?

Who's next to see how far down the list their vengeance shall fall?  Want me to post over there and see if it gets blasted?

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #17 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 9:28pm
Print Post  
JC wrote on Jul 7th, 2011 at 1:22pm:
you perma banned yet?

Interestingly enough, no.  It seems likely that they changed the "10 infractions = autoban" script, as I doubt the cube took time to exempt me from it.

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #18 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
Inkblack wrote on Jul 7th, 2011 at 2:56pm:
I'm trying to think of some reason they might be heavy-handed towards you Strake.  You didn't do anything to piss them off lately did you?

Who's next to see how far down the list their vengeance shall fall?  Want me to post over there and see if it gets blasted?

Tolero has been ticked at me for a long time, perhaps that's still the case.  Considering I rarely post over there anymore, I doubt it's anything I did there.

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #19 - Jul 8th, 2011 at 2:45am
Print Post  
Referencing the vault was mentioned in my latest infractions... I got 6 (5+1) and now have 12 active infractions and 16 total... Pretty much next time I post they will ban me. Being a member of AOK and the Vault has its priveleges... but apparently posting in the official forums is not one of them lmao

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint