Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic The Dispearing Lost Item Threads (Read 4538 times)
Cyr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

The Dispearing Lost Item Threads
Jul 5th, 2011 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
Hey guys I know alot of you are frequent DDO forum trolls like I am so I am asking for some data on dispearing lost item threads.

I know there were a bunch of threads this weekend that concerned this and they keep dispearing...

I also saw another new one completely unrelated to the recent one with someone stating loss of two ingredients NOT in a bag at the time.

My questions are...How many of these threads have you guys seen recently?  Do they seem to be increasing in frequency?  What details have you seen that do not fit the normal mold (ie during lag o'clock, bags only dispearing with contents, shared bank to inventory is when loss seems to occur)?

List of abnormalities I have seen/heard about in regards to this subject

* Above listed epic ingredients transfered from two seperate toons to shared bank being gone upon logging into character that was going to take them out of the bank.
* Greater Reincarnate mess up during lag o'clock that broke the favor on the toon irreversably.  TR was only way to get things working again (since it wipes favor).  Leads to the impression that during lag o'clock data base errors are not restricted to shared bank errors alone.
* My own personal annoyance of losing a stack of epic dungeon tokens on a TR cache to inventory transfer.  Non lag o'clock and had an error message come up at the time.
* My own personal experimentation of transfering in tons of junk loot to the shared bank and out during NON lag o'clock finally lost a junk loot decon weapon.  No error flags came up, no feedback, no buy back as normal.
* Abbot eats your stuff probably unrelated bug reports.

IP Logged

Asketes
Puppy Farmer

Perma

Re: The Dispearing Lost Item Threads
Reply #1 - Jul 5th, 2011 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
Turbine: ignore it and go away method (ie if they delete the threads, no one will think there are problems.)

I purchased two muckbanes on the AH (i was lazy) on Sunday.  I got them out of the mail just fine and had equipped them. I even made a weapon set with both. About 10 minutes later, they are completely gone. (i lock everything out of the mail when I get them out so I know for a fact I didn't sell them. Though I did check the vendor just in case.. Nothing was in it since... it was a brand new toon Wink

IP Logged

elstainer
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Jul 5th, 2011 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
I lost my large ingredient bag once for several days. Then I found it on a character I hadn't logged into for several days. Why would they move mah bag to that character?

BASTARDS!

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #3 - Jul 5th, 2011 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
I read that occasionally a lost bag shows up in a TR bank in the very bottom slot, if you happen to have one. Fucking weird, but not surprising.

IP Logged

fluffi
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Jul 5th, 2011 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
Everyone can send me their LDS for safe keeping as I haven't lost any items on any of my toons.

Naturally this service will be free, but I cannot guarantee that said items won't be lost.

IP Logged

Cyr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Jul 5th, 2011 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
And another thread bites the dust...

Asketes, that is REALLY scary because that would indicate that it is not just during the transfer itself that data losses are occuring.

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #6 - Jul 5th, 2011 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
Cyr wrote on Jul 5th, 2011 at 4:35pm:

Asketes, that is REALLY scary because that would indicate that it is not just during the transfer itself that data losses are occuring.

I don't see how deleting threads about disappearing items has anything to do with enforcing the CoC.  As much as I detest it, I at least understand the logic they use when enforcing the CoC.  Instead, this strikes me as a bullshit cover-up.

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jul 5th, 2011 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
Schmoe wrote on Jul 5th, 2011 at 4:43pm:
I don't see how deleting threads about disappearing items has anything to do with enforcing the CoC.  As much as I detest it, I at least understand the logic they use when enforcing the CoC.  Instead, this strikes me as a bullshit cover-up.

Obviously, these threads are referencing exploits, and you definitely can't talk about exploits... imagine if eveyone was able to lose their items permanently... that would quickly upset the play balance of the game!!

IP Logged

elstainer
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Jul 5th, 2011 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
bob the builder wrote on Jul 5th, 2011 at 5:01pm:
Obviously, these threads are referencing exploits, and you definitely can't talk about exploits... imagine if eveyone was able to lose their items permanently... that would quickly upset the play balance of the game!!

That is a good one.

I think Cordovan is pointing out an open thread about the issue before he closes them. I could be wrong though.

IP Logged

Asketes
Puppy Farmer

Perma

Reply #9 - Jul 5th, 2011 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
Cyr wrote on Jul 5th, 2011 at 4:35pm:

Yeah I know. I was kinda pissed since they were the ONLY two muckbanes on the AH (khyber)

I was like WTF mate.

It's possible that's where my mysteriously missing SoS scroll went? I've been really sore over that for weeks now.

IP Logged

Cyr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jul 5th, 2011 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
elstainer wrote on Jul 5th, 2011 at 5:04pm:
That is a good one.

I think Cordovan is pointing out an open thread about the issue before he closes them. I could be wrong though.

I've seen references to these 'other' threads, but there are less and less of them each time I look so not really.

IP Logged

TWDiggs
Mr. Infraction

Reply #11 - Jul 5th, 2011 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
I lost my SoS.  Sad

stainer wrote on Oct 5th, 2011 at 1:29pm:
Everyday that you aren't banned, is a borrowed day.

Grace wrote on Dec 2nd, 2012 at 8:31pm:
Well, you're a godless heathen, anyway. I would totally wear my rape whistle around you.
YIM  
IP Logged

elstainer
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Jul 5th, 2011 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
Cyr wrote on Jul 5th, 2011 at 5:23pm:
I've seen references to these 'other' threads, but there are less and less of them each time I look so not really.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=327723

IP Logged

Asketes
Puppy Farmer

Perma

Reply #13 - Jul 5th, 2011 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
TWDiggs wrote on Jul 5th, 2011 at 5:35pm:
I lost my SoS.  Sad

Did you have a returning halfling equipped?

IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #14 - Jul 5th, 2011 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
my guild leader (neeysa,preemium w/e you know her as) lost her epic sos monday morning after having it crafted for 10 minutes. after 2 hours or so messing with mods or whoever she got it back. she had someone in guild take a screenshot of her linking it in guild chat. since it was recently crafted apparently they found it in logs of it being created. (she gave them the time of crafting it). so i suggest anyone making any epic versions of something to screenshot it and note the time/date to prove you actually had it.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #15 - Jul 5th, 2011 at 6:21pm
Print Post  
Asketes wrote on Jul 5th, 2011 at 5:06pm:
It's possible that's where my mysteriously missing SoS scroll went? I've been really sore over that for weeks now.

I'm still sure that you traded it for something and then totally ditzed out besides you will never get an SoS anyway so why worry.   Roll Eyes

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

blackwolfe
Waterworks Kobold

I like pie!!

Reply #16 - Jul 5th, 2011 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
Here's one they missed from last year

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=274766

(BTW, my story is on page 4 post 65)

Blackwolfe / Blaack / Blaacker / Blaacksong / Blaackfoot / Blaackfeet / Blackjaack / Blaacklisted / RifffRafff

IP Logged

Asketes
Puppy Farmer

Perma

Reply #17 - Jul 5th, 2011 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jul 5th, 2011 at 6:21pm:
I'm still sure that you traded it for something and then totally ditzed out besides you will never get an SoS anyway so why worry.   Roll Eyes

fuck you bitch I hate you! you and your sos can suck it!

I'll cut your stomach open just so I can fuck your intestines

Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Invelios
VoD Slasher

Reply #18 - Jul 5th, 2011 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
Asketes wrote on Jul 5th, 2011 at 6:47pm:
fuck you bitch I hate you! you and your sos can suck it!

I'll cut your stomach open just so I can fuck your intestines

Asketes wrote on Jul 5th, 2011 at 2:12pm:
Awe, another person confusing the game with real life.

It's so cute.

Grin

IP Logged

Asketes
Puppy Farmer

Perma

Reply #19 - Jul 5th, 2011 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
Invelios wrote on Jul 5th, 2011 at 6:51pm:
Grin

touche sir, touche

*it's a running joke between Ararick and I btw*

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #20 - Jul 5th, 2011 at 9:16pm
Print Post  

I'm still waiting on my Lit II Khopesh to be returned.

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #21 - Jul 5th, 2011 at 11:02pm
Print Post  
Yeah, I have lost items once in awhile and they rarely do anything about it. I think that sometimes there is a major glitch where enough stuff gets lost at once that they run some sort of script to recover it.  Other than that, you are SOL.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #22 - Jul 6th, 2011 at 6:11am
Print Post  
I was the person that had the Greater Reincarnate issue. It was clearly a lag o clock issue, everything completely froze for about 15 mins and I stupidly logged out to try and clear the issue.

I was more cross with myself than anything at not realising the time - I was playing in Japan at that point and lag o clock was part of my normal prime time experience.

Even an apology and a True Heart of Wood would have been better than the "we can't do anything, log a bug report" response. The GM in question was pretty sympathetic, could clearly see my favour and turn in status was broken but said they could do nothing else.

It was my only toon at the time, too (happened about May last year, I'd have to dig around to find the many bug reports I sent).

IP Logged

Cyr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Jul 6th, 2011 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
someguy wrote on Jul 5th, 2011 at 5:59pm:
my guild leader (neeysa,preemium w/e you know her as) lost her epic sos monday morning after having it crafted for 10 minutes. after 2 hours or so messing with mods or whoever she got it back. she had someone in guild take a screenshot of her linking it in guild chat. since it was recently crafted apparently they found it in logs of it being created. (she gave them the time of crafting it). so i suggest anyone making any epic versions of something to screenshot it and note the time/date to prove you actually had it.

Wow.  I'm pretty amazed they got their item back.  I was told specifically by multiple GM's that they would not use screen shots to verify that an item existed. Must have gotten the one competent one at Turbine.

So clearly this was not a bank issue.  Was it during lag o'clock?

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #24 - Jul 6th, 2011 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
I heard about it for years.

But I'm taking the risk anyway, Bank and shared bank are too much valuable for me to avoid using them.

On one hand, At Lag'o'clock I'm usually not online, being either at work, or doing other stuff.
On the other hand, I'm being real careful with the items I put in banks ( I make sure they appear in the relevant place before doing something else)

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint