Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Lamania (or however it is spelled) is open (Read 20730 times)
elstainer
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Lamania (or however it is spelled) is open
Jul 7th, 2011 at 11:51am
Print Post  
Patch 1 is up.

I will post the notes in a sec. Check this one out.

Tower of Despair

* Player soul stones will now return to the top of the platform if a player dies in the lava around the grand staircase area.

IP Logged

elstainer
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Re: Lamania (or however it is spelled) is open
Reply #1 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 11:53am
Print Post  
Lammania Release Notes: Update 10 Patch 1

Welcome to the Lammania Update 10 Patch 1 Release Notes for Dungeons & Dragons Online! These release notes were posted on Thursday, July 7th, 2011. These notes are subject to change.

News & Notes

Of Special Note:

Crafting Beta

* Items can now be dragged directly from Collectible, Ingredients and other bags into Eldritch, Crafting and other devices. Additionally, Eldritch, Crafting and other devices will pull required ingredients directly from bags when a recipe is selected.
    * Crafting Hall vendors will now buy and repair equipment.
    * Players will now receive platinum along with essences when using Item Deconstruction devices. Preparing an item for crafting does not return platinum.
    * Maker, the greeter in the Crafting Hall, now has a tutorial quest to help players learn how to craft.
    * Sorting by "Max" crafting level will return results up to 10 levels above a character's highest crafting level.
    * Crafting device UIs will no longer need to be closed and reopened after a crafting error message is received.
    * Several recipes have been removed from the unbound crafting devices, but remain on the bound devices.
    * Some crafting recipe requirements have been adjusted to be more in line with other recipes at their level.
    * Many higher level crafting recipes have had their ingredients adjusted to make them more challenging to make.
    * A new ingredient called a Purified Eberron Dragonshard Fragment has been added to some high level crafting recipes. These fragments can be obtained from a crafting vendor in exchange for various items.
    * The crafting animation has been shortened.
    * Crafted items that should bypass damage reduction (such as Holy) will now do so.
    * Lesser Vampirism and Vampirism effects can no longer be applied to ranged weapons, since these effects do not work on ranged weapons.
    * Ghost Touch crafted handwraps now work.

General Changes

Armor Appearance Kits

* Dark/Steel Leaf armors that saw their decorations change to the color gold in a previous update have had their steel-colored look returned.

Enhancements, Feats, and Skills

* The Aura of Menace projected by a Favored Soul's Angel of Vengeance is now suppressed when the player is sneaking or invisible.

Guilds

* Guilds that were prevented from depositing Astral Diamonds into their guild accounts after purchasing Windspyre Gryphon airships can now do so.

Hirelings

* Several Cleric hirelings (especially Erythyn Veridyn, Elieri Thistledown, and Maloren) have had a stern talking to by Archbishop Dryden, and should not wait as long to heal players

Items

* Greensteel items that were missing their Frost properties now have them.
    * The Mantle of the Worldshaper will no longer lose charges when a player hits an enemy with a weapon that has the Vampiric effect on it.
    * Items granted by Swag Bag Vouchers are now bound to character.
    * Crafting ingredients are now generated separately from normal loot, and will no longer take up a normal loot slot in chests.

Localization

* Numerous translation and other localization improvements have been made.

NPCs

* House Cannith's Frabricators Guild NPCs in the Harbor and Marketplace now give Small Ingredient Bags to players when one of them is first visited.
    * Banker NPCs now have an overhead symbol denoting what they are.
    * Some barrels have been added to prevent collission issues near Guard Jung in The Harbor.

Quests and Adventure Areas

Devils of Shavarath

Tower of Despair

* Player soul stones will now return to the top of the platform if a player dies in the lava around the grand staircase area.

Gianthold

Cry For Help

* Jailor Loki has been moved to resolve an issue which sometimes caused an objective to not complete.

Harbinger of Madness

In The Flesh

* Friendly monsters summoned by the Shard of Xoriat item will no longer attack certain Taken monsters, which had caused an issue that could prevent progress in the quest.

Marketplace

* The Marketplace has a new rock to prevent a possible stuck spot.

The Necropolis

Fleshmaker's Laboratory

* The quest has been marked as requiring two or more players, due to the difficulty of soloing a puzzle late in the dungeon.

Reign of Madness

Acute Delerium

* Hirelings, charmed monsters, and pets will no longer walk off the airship.
    * Belashyrra's Scepter will now be properly vomited out if dropped while inside of the beholder's stomach.
    * An issue that prevented some players from being transported into the beholder giant Quixxellops has been fixed.

Lord of Eyes

* Fixed a beholder that was not properly spawning on Hard difficulty.

Vault of Night

The Vault of Night

* A resurrection shrine will now appear when Velah is defeated.
    * Monsters will no longer continue to respawn after Velah has been killed in Epic difficulty.

Spells

* Monsters will no longer cast more Magic Missiles, Force Missiles, and Chain Missiles than intended.
    * Necrotic Blast will no longer ignite Web and Grease.
    * Hold Animal is no longer affected by Extend.
    * Bless, Scorching Ray, Frost Lance, and Polay Ray can no longer be Enlarged.
    * Polar Ray now has its previously-missing double range benefit.
    * The effect of Symbol of Weakness will no longer be removed from targets when they leave the area of the symbol.
    * Monsters affected by Incendiary Cloud's blindness effect will now display the blindness symbol over their head.

UI Improvements

* Barter shops now have much faster animations, allowing people to process transactions more quickly.

Other Improvements

* Worldwide XP bonuses (such as the bonuses granted during special weekend events) now apply to landscapes as well as dungeons.

IP Logged

TWDiggs
Mr. Infraction

Reply #2 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 11:54am
Print Post  
elstainer wrote on Jul 7th, 2011 at 11:51am:
Tower of Despair

Does this mean no more dropping of peoples soul stones into the lava?

Sad

stainer wrote on Oct 5th, 2011 at 1:29pm:
Everyday that you aren't banned, is a borrowed day.

Grace wrote on Dec 2nd, 2012 at 8:31pm:
Well, you're a godless heathen, anyway. I would totally wear my rape whistle around you.
YIM  
IP Logged

elstainer
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
TWDiggs wrote on Jul 7th, 2011 at 11:54am:
Does this mean no more dropping of peoples soul stones into the lava?

Sad

I think you can do it after they have been sent to the top, or if they die somewhere else. It might only trigger if they die in the lava. Cheesy

IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #4 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
i like all of those notes. was just reading them over there too. i always think im going to lag off the stairs in tod everytime and hate them. really glad thats been changed. i also thought my necro blasts blowing up my own webs was WAI but really annoying. nice to see i was wrong!

anyone takin any bets on disappearing bags or items missing from bags due to new mechanics? or plat exploits from deconstructing heh

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #5 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 12:10pm
Print Post  
* A resurrection shrine will now appear when Velah is defeated.

Interesting, that they finally got around to these two.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Neouni
Korthos Resident

May contain nuts

Reply #6 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
elstainer wrote on Jul 7th, 2011 at 11:53am:
    * Worldwide XP bonuses (such as the bonuses granted during special weekend events) now apply to landscapes as well as dungeons.

Ooh a long overdue update, I'll save my 2999 orchard kills for this

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #7 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
    * Crafting Hall vendors will now buy and repair equipment. YAY
    * Crafting device UIs will no longer need to be closed and reopened after a crafting error message is received. YAY
    * Several recipes have been removed from the unbound crafting devices, but remain on the bound devices.  I'm guessing that they removed the "4 lesser" recipes that allowed people to get massive crafting XP at the cost of 20,000 clicks (with a macro)
    * The crafting animation has been shortened.YAY
    * Crafted items that should bypass damage reduction (such as Holy) will now do so. YAY

* The Aura of Menace projected by a Favored Soul's Angel of Vengeance is now suppressed when the player is sneaking or invisible. YAY

* Items granted by Swag Bag Vouchers are now bound to character.  What is a Swag Bag Voucher?
    * Crafting ingredients are now generated separately from normal loot, and will no longer take up a normal loot slot in chests. YAY

The Vault of Night

* A resurrection shrine will now appear when Velah is defeated. YAY
    * Monsters will no longer continue to respawn after Velah has been killed in Epic difficulty. YAY

UI Improvements

* Barter shops now have much faster animations, allowing people to process transactions more quickly. YAY

It looks like they looked at the common complaints about what was really fucking annoying and fixed (or at least tried to fix) most of the ones that were the most blatant.

I like it.

fnord

IP Logged

Cor
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
Holy shit Greater Lawful Outsider Bane shards now cost a Large Devil Scale, and a fucking Dreamspitter, plus 15 of those new Eberron shards, plus the same essences as always, at the same CL as always.

I don't even want to think about what GEOB must cost...

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Couldn't see past 75 this end. Still reviewing...

Purified eberron dragonshard fragments?

arcane
tasty ham for animal bane,
spiderspike for vermin bane,
guardkiller for human bane,
giant stalkers for giant bane

divine
medium sulferous for lawful ousider bane,
prysuuls bane for chaotic outsider bane
stormreaver fresco for construct bane
minotaut hair belt for monstrous humanoid bane
rusted shamshir for aberration bane
zulkash's bone necklace for orc bane
blue dragon scales for dragon bane
ring of elemental essences AND spiked mace of the elements for elemental bane
medium chain AND medium devil scales for evil outsider bane
margurites necklace for undead bane
silver flame healing potion for holy burst
dreamspitter for greater lawful outsider bane
razorend for greater magical beast bane
demons blood AND tyrzza's bane for greater chaotic outsider bane

elemental
zaraming's longbow for halfling bane
sword of the giant slavemaster for elf bane
moog's ornament for reptillian bane
daggertooth's belt for gnoll bane
fist of darguul for goblinoid bane
zaraming's longbow for dwarf bane
chattering ring for greater halfling bane
mystical plant for greater plant bane

I'm... going to leave that there, and take a few minutes...

In the mean time, I would ask if you really, truly want an honest response.

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #10 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
* Players will now receive platinum along with essences when using Item Deconstruction devices. Preparing an item for crafting does not return platinum.

huh, I thought crafting was made to be a plat sink.

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #11 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
lmao surely you are joking right? the recipe has another raid weapon in it?!?  ahahah i like this in a way for some reason. maybe because its a bit evil and genius at the same time. either way im glad they made the BEST shards actually cost something relevant and not allow you to craft over 9000 of them once you hit the appropriate level. will that cost be too steep? we'll see soon by the forum whiners! grats to all those who crafted a bunch of uber weapons before the patch takes place! (next monday maybe?)

edit* just saw the requirements post for more shards! AHAHA chattering ring for halfling bane?! RAZOREND for greater magical beast bane?!? lmaooooo two pretty hard to get items for two of the worst shards. this is awesome and should provide me with a lot of forum whining to read weeee
« Last Edit: Jul 7th, 2011 at 1:20pm by someguy »  

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #12 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
Cor wrote on Jul 7th, 2011 at 1:06pm:
Holy shit Greater Lawful Outsider Bane shards now cost a Large Devil Scale, and a fucking Dreamspitter, plus 15 of those new Eberron shards, plus the same essences as always, at the same CL as always.

I don't even want to think about what GEOB must cost...

I knew you were exaggerating because that is just plain rediculous, but then I saw the screen shot.

That REALLY IS the new recipe.  Holy shitsnacks.

fnord

IP Logged

Selee
Abbot Raider

Reply #13 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Jul 7th, 2011 at 1:22pm:
I knew you were exaggerating because that is just plain rediculous, but then I saw the screen shot.

That REALLY IS the new recipe.  Holy shitsnacks.

This was my reaction EXACTLY.

I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves. - Ronald Reagan
Nice is for cowards and democrats - Red

IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #14 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
lmao!! some of the stuff requires +3 tomes, astral diamonds, or epic tokens!! ahahahahahahcnksbfksbfksbdkdhfjdhd

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #15 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
someguy wrote on Jul 7th, 2011 at 1:43pm:
lmao!! some of the stuff requires +3 tomes, astral diamonds, or epic tokens!! ahahahahahahcnksbfksbfksbdkdhfjdhd

Epic tokens I could see...  the others are just fucking nuts.

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #16 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 1:54pm
Print Post  

Quote:

IP Logged

Cyr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
Yet another clear sign that Eladrin (head of the system's team) and Madfloyd (another Turbine brain donor) not only do not have the most basic understanding of the game, but are grossly incompetent.

They just need to fire the entire systems team at this point and hire on random people from the harbor.  Have some poor code monkey implement what this brain trust comes up with and frankly I can't imagine it would be worse then what the systems team has inflicted upon us with dungeon scaling, dungeon alert, epic loot, epic system yoyo's, the 'spell pass', 'lag fixing' nerfs to melee dps, and cannith crafting.

IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #18 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
i cant wait to get home and link the patch notes in every trade then buy out everyones essences.

any sensible person knows theyve done this multiple times already specifically with crafting. HUGE knee jerk reaction and then they slowly scale it down over time. they arent THAT stupid... everything that people have been complaining about (shard costs, crafting UI speeds, bag management) they haved fixed within a month. im sure they will end with higher requirements on the BEST shards which is fine. but dont expect that +3 tome shit and multiple raid items stuff sticking. unique unbound items sure i even kind of like that.

IP Logged

Jalora
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
someguy wrote on Jul 7th, 2011 at 1:57pm:
i cant wait to get home and link the patch notes in every trade then buy out everyones essences.

any sensible person knows theyve done this multiple times already specifically with crafting. HUGE knee jerk reaction and then they slowly scale it down over time. they arent THAT stupid... everything that people have been complaining about (shard costs, crafting UI speeds, bag management) they haved fixed within a month. im sure they will end with higher requirements on the BEST shards which is fine. but dont expect that +3 tome shit and multiple raid items stuff sticking. unique unbound items sure i even kind of like that.

This is true.....however, at some point even the ridiculous will piss off enough paying customers to say fuck it.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #20 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
Greater Halfling Bane - 15 Greater Fire Essence, 192 Lesser Fire Essence, 10 Purified Eberron Dragonshards, 2 Amulets of the Six, Chattering Ring(Named)

ROFL

Quote:

IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #21 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
while thats true too... as long as its not affecting the core gameplay it wont make people quit the game. they'll only stop crafting.... which turbine is ok with until they fix everything and get crafting out of beta with no future changes. then people will pick crafting right back up and forget about that time they shit their pants for two weeks over some patch notes.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #22 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
Cyr wrote on Jul 7th, 2011 at 1:54pm:
Yet another clear sign that Eladrin (head of the system's team) and Madfloyd (another Turbine brain donor) not only do not have the most basic understanding of the game, but are grossly incompetent.

Well I did a better job overhauling the crafting system (after the introduction of Epic) on a NwN  PW at least my overhaul had some consistency. ( even if I made the mistake to make some of the high end, sought off recipe too easy... but well *shrug* )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #23 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
I think I'm going to just say fuck it at this point and wait for them to nerf the requirements before I even touch crafting anymore.

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Reply #24 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
I actually think this is genius.  Does it suck?  Yeah.  Is it a lot of grinding?  Yeah.  But I think it addresses balance pretty well.  Otherwise it would be a couple of weeks before everyone and their brother was running around with the best items possible.

I am really surprised they are giving us plat with deconstruction.  I think the way it works now they are pulling tons of cash out of the economy, but I'm sure it is hard on newish players.  The problem is that it is all supply side.  They need to come up with a way for us to spend our dowsing wand millions.

Ink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint