Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Lamania (or however it is spelled) is open (Read 20781 times)
Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Re: Lamania (or however it is spelled) is open
Reply #50 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
Sirea wrote on Jul 7th, 2011 at 4:45pm:
Copy-pasted from the other forums before it gets buried in wank:

The crafting list up to level 100 is now on Lammania:

Muckbane for Greater Ooze Bane
Scorched Bracers for Fire Absorption 33%
Charged Gauntlets for Elec Absorption 33%
Coronation (Tome Page Turn-ins) for Greater Elf Bane
Various Threnal items for stuff
Golden Greaves for Greater Dwarf Bane
Sovereign Rune of Smiting for Greater Construct Bane
Spectral Gloves for Attack Bonus +4
Twinblade (Tome Page Turn-ins) for Greater Goblinoid Bane
Coronation (Tome Page Turn-ins) AND Boneshard Flute for Greater Undead Bane
Theurgic Staff for Greater elemental Bane
Large Devil Scale and Demon's Blood for Greater Evil Outsider Bane
Flawless Siberys Dragonshard and 5 Blood of Dragons for Greater Dragon Bane
Chaosblade for Vampirism

That confirms my suspicions, posted here:  http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=3908232#post3908232

Quote:
Here's how I imagine the development process went:

(Senior Designer 1): "We'll add named loot to some of the higher-level recipes, that way the recipes will be a little more rare and difficult to complete.  It will also give players a way to use obsolete or sub-optimal named loot that is currently just vendor trash."

(Senior Designer 2): "That's a great idea."  [seeing a disheveled guy walk by] "Hey you, guy we just hired off the street who has never played DDO outside of Korthos"

(New guy): "Yeah?"

(Senior Designer 2): "I want you to add named items to any crafting recipe over level 30.  Here's a list of named items, and here's a list of crafting recipes."

(New guy):  "Ok."

<later that night>

(New guy): "Ok, devils are lawful, I guess a Devil Scale makes sense for lawful outsider bane.  Halfling bane, hmm.  There was that one obnoxious halfing in Heyton's Rest who just wouldn't shut up.  Ok, Chattering Ring it is!"

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

Joe User
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #51 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
I bet their reasoning for posting such obsurd changes is..  anything will look like an improvement to this steaming pile of shit.

IP Logged

Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Reply #52 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
slothinator wrote on Jul 7th, 2011 at 4:43pm:
Inkblack -

I thought you mentioned a while ago that many of the ML testers were dropping because some of the things that rolled out were pretty bad. Any chance that this craftardedness was one of the culprits?

Much of the raid loot from older quests is quite useless, and I have no problem with those pieces being used in crafting if they are not going to upgrade the quest itself. However, assigning the still useful items to crafting just seems dumb, especially if the end result is going to be less powerful than the items used to craft in the first place.

They actually cited Druids and bugs that make it all the way to live as the main issues.

IP Logged

Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Reply #53 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
Sirea wrote on Jul 7th, 2011 at 4:45pm:
Copy-pasted from the other forums before it gets buried in wank:

The crafting list up to level 100 is now on Lammania:

Muckbane for Greater Ooze Bane
Scorched Bracers for Fire Absorption 33%
Charged Gauntlets for Elec Absorption 33%
Coronation (Tome Page Turn-ins) for Greater Elf Bane
Various Threnal items for stuff
Golden Greaves for Greater Dwarf Bane
Sovereign Rune of Smiting for Greater Construct Bane
Spectral Gloves for Attack Bonus +4
Twinblade (Tome Page Turn-ins) for Greater Goblinoid Bane
Coronation (Tome Page Turn-ins) AND Boneshard Flute for Greater Undead Bane
Theurgic Staff for Greater elemental Bane
Large Devil Scale and Demon's Blood for Greater Evil Outsider Bane
Flawless Siberys Dragonshard and 5 Blood of Dragons for Greater Dragon Bane
Chaosblade for Vampirism

I could see making this list over a couple of beers and laughing my ass off.

Hey, not many folks are running the titan anymore.  Make them farm it so they can get - Greater Halfling Bane!

Oh, guys, I got it!  A full tome set for Greater Undead Bane!  They'll never want to see undead again!

Oh shit, the intern passed out.  Let's draw on him and take pictures.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #54 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
Inkblack wrote on Jul 7th, 2011 at 5:11pm:
They actually cited Druids and bugs that make it all the way to live as the main issues.

So Druids are more fucked than using RAID LOOT for crafting.

Wow. It will be year 2134 before we see Druids if they're worse than that.

IP Logged

Selee
Abbot Raider

Reply #55 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
Inkblack wrote on Jul 7th, 2011 at 5:17pm:

Hey, not many folks are running the titan anymore.  Make them farm it so they can get - Greater Halfling Bane!

Oh, guys, I got it!  A full tome set for Greater Undead Bane!  They'll never want to see undead again!

Smiley Smiley Smiley

I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves. - Ronald Reagan
Nice is for cowards and democrats - Red

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #56 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
Inkblack wrote on Jul 7th, 2011 at 5:17pm:

I don't think they get the drop rates.  I think they read a percentage number and think hey that's not bad without realizing it actually entails 50 Litany runs and xx hours of your life.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Scupperer
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #57 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jul 7th, 2011 at 6:47pm:
I don't think they get the drop rates.  I think they read a percentage number and think hey that's not bad without realizing it actually entails 50 Litany runs and xx hours of your life for a single shard.

Added for emphasis.

IP Logged

Qhualor
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #58 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
well, it seems to me they are trying to get people to quest more, especially quests that people dont do very much anymore.  i see what they are trying to do and i think that bump in the road bunny hopped them down a side path.  i think they need to tweak it a bit.  i dont craft, but it will still affect me because its bad enough it could take 20, 40, 60 etc completions to get that named item, but to probably only get what i want MAYBE on every 20th completion since people will take it for crafting.  however, does this mean the drop rates would increase?  hmmm... that could be a different ballgame than.

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #59 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 9:24pm
Print Post  
Cyr wrote on Jul 7th, 2011 at 1:54pm:
Yet another clear sign that Eladrin (head of the system's team) and Madfloyd (another Turbine brain donor) not only do not have the most basic understanding of the game, but are grossly incompetent.

They just need to fire the entire systems team at this point and hire on random people from the harbor.  Have some poor code monkey implement what this brain trust comes up with and frankly I can't imagine it would be worse then what the systems team has inflicted upon us with dungeon scaling, dungeon alert, epic loot, epic system yoyo's, the 'spell pass', 'lag fixing' nerfs to melee dps, and cannith crafting.

A-fuckin-men

IP Logged

Scupperer
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #60 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 10:29pm
Print Post  
The whole "Whoops" thing is just ridiculous too.  The shit hit the fan IMMEDIATELY after that list was first posted.  In less than 2 hours, there were two posts from Cordovan telling people to follow the rules.  It took over 2 hours for MadFloyd's response, and the response was that the Dreamspitter and Chattering Ring inclusion was accidental?  As if such a monumental error would have sat for over two hours without them saying it wasn't WAI.

Of course, it doesn't help their excuse that the description in the crafting altar says how to go about getting a Dreamspitter and Chattering Ring.

Ugh.

I did, however, enjoy the description of the "feedback" as "swift" and "clear".
« Last Edit: Jul 7th, 2011 at 10:30pm by Scupperer »  

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #61 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 11:05pm
Print Post  
Scupperer wrote on Jul 7th, 2011 at 10:29pm:
The whole "Whoops" thing is just ridiculous too.  The shit hit the fan IMMEDIATELY after that list was first posted.  In less than 2 hours, there were two posts from Cordovan telling people to follow the rules.  It took over 2 hours for MadFloyd's response, and the response was that the Dreamspitter and Chattering Ring inclusion was accidental?  As if such a monumental error would have sat for over two hours without them saying it wasn't WAI.

Of course, it doesn't help their excuse that the description in the crafting altar says how to go about getting a Dreamspitter and Chattering Ring.

Ugh.

I did, however, enjoy the description of the "feedback" as "swift" and "clear".

That two hours is several weeks faster than most of the responses that Turbine gives - even when they fuck up royally.  I applaud MadFloyd for actually posting

fnord

IP Logged

elstainer
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #62 - Jul 8th, 2011 at 12:01am
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Jul 7th, 2011 at 11:05pm:
That two hours is several weeks faster than most of the responses that Turbine gives - even when they fuck up royally.  I applaud MadFloyd for actually posting

They are still releasing it as is.MadFloyd didn't whoops shit. This crap had to get tested on Mournlands. There is no way the fucksticks they have testing would have said, "Uh, chattering ring sounds like a great idea for something to burn up crafting!". They QA?Testers have no idea how the game is played if they think any of that crap was a good idea.

IP Logged

JoJI
Korthos Resident

Reply #63 - Jul 8th, 2011 at 2:32am
Print Post  
This whole thing is a massive fuck up or reaks of hidden motives.

As far as I can tell Cannith Crafting really only had benefits for making the best randomly generated weapons. Random gear fails in comparison to named/raid/epic gear on every point of measure. They don't want everyone walking around with super boss beaters. The fix is limit the amount of silver weapons that drop. Think handwraps, expect at least those have an identified quest where they drop. So it's a huge melee nerf.

It's a cash grab plain and simple. I'm VIP, but if I wasn't I'd have to buy those packs to get those raid loot ingredients. Then I have to farm those packs. Then I have to pull because Dreamspitters/Chattering Rings/Dragon's Bloods will be looted by everyone that crafts. Let alone the fact that that +3 tome of my dump stat just gained value to me and everyone else.

There were, I'm convinced, people that knew this was coming before hand. For weeks the Argo AH had anywhere from 25-33 pages of greater essences, and you could find buy outs at ~500pp a piece. Last few days it's been 6-12 pages with the lowest buy out being 2 for 1400pp. Someone at Turbine knew and gushed letting their buddies cram the crafting levels before it goes live. Make as many holy burst and GEOB shards now so they wouldn't have to later.

And to top it off those empty sacks think anyone would buy the 'whoops' we didn't mean to code and test stupid ingredients.

I still don't know what YaBB is

IP Logged

Mister_Peace
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #64 - Jul 8th, 2011 at 3:05am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #65 - Jul 8th, 2011 at 6:35am
Print Post  
Yup, just spent way too much time eeking out every greater bane, alignment burst, and a few other fun things I could from what I had stockpiled.

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #66 - Jul 8th, 2011 at 8:14am
Print Post  
I honestly like the idea of certain shitty raid loot being used for crafting, same with named items, even good named items. The ease that people had obtained crafting levels for the best craftable items was disappointing. I really like the idea of haves and have nots due to skill and time spent playing, someone macro-ing and using all the plat from their dowsing wands to essentially buy those weapons was a joke. Having 1 or 2 master crafters per guild being fed essenses and shards from the other 15-20 members per crafter makes sense to me as a realistic level of grind, on par with guild renown.

That being said what ever retard made a chattering ring part of the recipe for G halfling bane should be horse whipped for incompetence. I could accept whoops we made it too expensive requiring 5 dragon blood etc its in the ball park and simply needs a balance tweak. Obviously noone is ever going to make a G halflingbane shard for actual use and requiring what is one of the hardest pieces of loot to obtain from the least run raid isnt even in the same fucking sport, never mind the same ballpark of screwups/tweaks as the dragon blood tweak. It is insulting to me as a someone who has spent hundreds of dollars on this game over the last 5 years.

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #67 - Jul 8th, 2011 at 8:32am
Print Post  
So, you are on your AC build and on your 50th run of Titan trying to get that Chattering Ring.

It finally drops to a cleric.  You are thinking "Alright, the party is full of barbarians, clerics and wizards... I'm sure to get this!"  You even pee a little in excitement.

Then the cleric says "Alright!  Now I can finish crafting that Greater Halfling Bane club I've been drooling over since they added this recipte"  And he takes the ring!

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #68 - Jul 8th, 2011 at 8:41am
Print Post  
bob the builder wrote on Jul 8th, 2011 at 8:32am:
So, you are on your AC build and on your 50th run of Titan trying to get that Chattering Ring.

It finally drops to a cleric.  You are thinking "Alright, the party is full of barbarians, clerics and wizards... I'm sure to get this!"  You even pee a little in excitement.

Then the cleric says "Alright!  Now I can finish crafting that Greater Halfling Bane club I've been drooling over since they added this recipte"  And he takes the ring!

Mithran died a little on the inside when they announced this, I'm sure.  2+ years of Titans and he finally pulled the ring...the above probably would have sent him into convulsive seizures.

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

elstainer
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #69 - Jul 8th, 2011 at 9:09am
Print Post  
Hordo wrote on Jul 8th, 2011 at 8:41am:
Mithran died a little on the inside when they announced this, I'm sure.  2+ years of Titans and he finally pulled the ring...the above probably would have sent him into convulsive seizures.

I heard the replacement recipes will require you to cut off a body part and express mail it to Turbine.

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #70 - Jul 8th, 2011 at 9:14am
Print Post  
elstainer wrote on Jul 8th, 2011 at 9:09am:
I heard the replacement recipes will require you to cut off a body part and express mail it to Turbine.

Does it have to be one of our own?  Roll Eyes

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #71 - Jul 8th, 2011 at 9:14am
Print Post  

funny thing about this is ive run probably 80 titans and this has already happened to me 4 times. and ive seen it happen to others when people take seven fingered gloves (having no umd) or titanic docent not even being WF. titan attracts the most and biggest idiots for some reason... myself included for continuing to run it. Sad

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #72 - Jul 8th, 2011 at 9:15am
Print Post  

It's the death of pugs and non-channel raids.  It is also long term bad mojo for the game in general.  If the community turns into a bunch of greedy whores that will turn off new members in the long run.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #73 - Jul 8th, 2011 at 9:16am
Print Post  
elstainer wrote on Jul 8th, 2011 at 9:09am:

But what if you work for Turbine and don't have any balls left?

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #74 - Jul 8th, 2011 at 9:21am
Print Post  
Hordo wrote on Jul 8th, 2011 at 9:14am:
Does it have to be one of our own?  Roll Eyes

What they don't know...

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint