Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Should Casters/DOTs be nerfed topic on DDO forum (Read 7295 times)
Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Re: Should Casters/DOTs be nerfed topic on DDO forum
Reply #25 - Jul 11th, 2011 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
Dots in PvP are fucking hilarious. It doesn't matter who they get used on. It's a fire-and-forget misspellings, and I love it. That being said, its definitely overpowered.

I wouldn't mind if there was some kind of save, but if it does get one, I'd like to see more variation in elements. Cold/Electric are only 2 of 5.

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Jul 11th, 2011 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
*sigh* I wonder what twisted unrecognizable perversion they'll concoct to nerf those spells next. Because it's turbine, and we all know, enough bitching gets things nerfed, need it or not  Sad
« Last Edit: Jul 11th, 2011 at 6:38pm by »  

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Jul 11th, 2011 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
Auran wrote on Jul 11th, 2011 at 8:51am:
Something something straw man.

A straw man occurs when someone argues with a misrepresentation of another person's arguments.  In his post, he stated explicitly that he didn't care whether the game is balanced. 

And that's BS.  Enough overpowered and unbalanced crap, and the game will die because it will get boring.  Each class should have pros and cons, but it's getting close to the point where arcanes have no cons at all. 
« Last Edit: Jul 11th, 2011 at 6:59pm by AtomicMew »  

IP Logged

Fuck Off
The Big Fuck

My favorite word is Fuck.
Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Reply #28 - Jul 11th, 2011 at 8:51pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Jul 11th, 2011 at 6:58pm:
A straw man occurs when someone argues with a misrepresentation of another person's arguments.  In his post, he stated explicitly that he didn't care whether the game is balanced. 

And that's BS.  Enough overpowered and unbalanced crap, and the game will die because it will get boring.  Each class should have pros and cons, but it's getting close to the point where arcanes have no cons at all. 

I'm totally serious that I like things unbalanced.  It isn't BS.

It doesn't bother me a bit.

I play the class I feel like playing.

There are strengths and weaknesses to every class in there and I play to those strengths.

If you can't see the strengths in the class you are playing, you are doing it wrong.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.  - Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Emili
Shroud Slacker

Reply #29 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 5:08am
Print Post  
kitsune_ko wrote on Jul 10th, 2011 at 6:22pm:
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=328596

Best look now, this might be a good story to tell the grandkids about someday; a tall tale about the time there was a topic that actually was discussed rationally on the internet without flaming  or insults Grin

Who the bloody hell would you insult in that thread?

I believe Velash would agree with me that mud slinging in that thread and your next step would be DDO seppuku.

« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2011 at 5:09am by Emili »  

|IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 | IMaj7 vim7 | iim7 V13 |III7+  VI9 | iim9  V13 |IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 |IMaj7 vim7 |iim7 V13 |I6  ivm7  bVII9 |I69   |

Bonheur dans la vie, c'est d'aimer et d'etre aimé et quand s'en va, l'espoir fuit.

IP Logged

Emili
Shroud Slacker

Reply #30 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 5:31am
Print Post  
Fuck Off wrote on Jul 11th, 2011 at 2:23am:
It would be nice if the melee types thought about more than just DPS.  They don't carry curse spewers or shattermantles.  They can't be bothered to carry those because they feel they are just for DPS.  So it falls back onto the caster to deal with debuffing mobs. 

eDQ we used to shattermantle (-6) her just so the arcane could land a curse on her - does not work so great anymore as they upped her SR a bit.

Improved curse spewers are dc20 (will) and that could never work on her at all, is why we had a caster apply the cursing - we needed the arcanes DC to land the curse...

I tried it a few times off in manyshot volleys from a bow (was playing around in edq2 alone)... over 600 arrows and still no bloody curse (would think she'd roll a one eh?). Even the debuff effect would not effect her enough to land the following arrows and the debuff is not the same as if it came from a caster's attempt.

Consider this a weapon to improve curse spew the mob DC 20 compared to the caster needs to land mass hold DC 40... they're both the same save (will).

The weapons you're asking the melee to use fall very ineffective compared to the mob you're up against in the end-game. Sure I still carry all these weapons but they're practically novelties at upper levels.

I been asking for better AI for years and been told many times it is not something they can deliver.

I been asking for better feats for years and course you see our choices thus far.

I've requested they redesign dungeons and bring back the mob the way it was pre EU - yes back to Eberron Stormreach where the mob had AC, the mob had Saves, and the players saves outside of reflex counted too...

Instead I get people telling me trash mob are suppose to be trash ... barely a speed bump and all we're left with is how fast can we kill off a 360k hp boss before our mana bars exhaust.

« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2011 at 5:58am by Emili »  

|IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 | IMaj7 vim7 | iim7 V13 |III7+  VI9 | iim9  V13 |IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 |IMaj7 vim7 |iim7 V13 |I6  ivm7  bVII9 |I69   |

Bonheur dans la vie, c'est d'aimer et d'etre aimé et quand s'en va, l'espoir fuit.

IP Logged

Emili
Shroud Slacker

Reply #31 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 6:03am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Jul 10th, 2011 at 9:02pm:
Not trying to drag this discussion to the vault but...

Do you realize how easy it is to get a 42-43 necro DC?  The amount of gear you need is way less than what you need to gear a melee. 

That is my gimpy witch's DC when I boat buff her Int. I am thinking of tring her soon, cannot decide exactly how I want her for end-game.

« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2011 at 6:08am by Emili »  

IP Logged

sweez
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 9:04am
Print Post  
I'm pretty sure you can't curse Lailat, I've seen people use cursespewers (for whatever reason), and even when the curse icon appears above her head it disappears almost instantly, like she drank a curse pot or something (as soon as the icon appears it gets the remove curse animation). Guess she reads the forums.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2011 at 9:04am by sweez »  

IP Logged

Emili
Shroud Slacker

Reply #33 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 9:20pm
Print Post  
sweez wrote on Jul 12th, 2011 at 9:04am:
I'm pretty sure you can't curse Lailat, I've seen people use cursespewers (for whatever reason), and even when the curse icon appears above her head it disappears almost instantly, like she drank a curse pot or something (as soon as the icon appears it gets the remove curse animation). Guess she reads the forums.  Cheesy

You used to be able to with a high DC arcane when epics first came out... we used to use shattermantle in there on her so the arcane could land every debuff they may on her. A high arcane used to be able to land and maintain it... but they modified and upped her stats.

The point I wished to make however is that most melee weapons falling into these categories end up as trivial or junk for the most part - even the improved versions as the DC's are next to nothing compared to the DC an arcane may carry. If a caster is thinking they're having difficulty landing a will-save spell how might they assume a melee - with a lower DC - is going to be able to help debuff it.

In same light most arcane need to recognize same things which 'kill' a mob are the same things which Debuff or CC a mob...  Three years ago i would run thru the vale on my wiz. cleric or rogue banishing the crap out of mob. Back then at level cap 16 was a time those mob had more hp, saves  and sr than they do today ... in anylight right after EU went in I lucked out and picked up a 2nd enduring conviction on my fighter... I thought "Coool" and off to the vale I ran to test it out. I was soon disappointed however as when I realized I had cleared the entire vale of savarath foe I looked ... was like 90 mob killed and realized I banished only four. Reason being is the mob still had decent enough save to outlast their HP pool. They DPS to death much quicker...

This carries over from vale all the way into epics even though the mob hp four times that of vale ... they maintain saves higher than most the DC of any melee weapons.

Most melee are infactuated with DPS in epics because aside from a few single target tacticals and some otc self-preservation and some minor utility there are no other options a melee may bring to epics.

« Last Edit: Jul 13th, 2011 at 2:34am by Emili »  

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #34 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 9:31pm
Print Post  
Emili wrote on Jul 12th, 2011 at 9:20pm:
You used to be able to with a high DC arcane... we used to use shattermantle in there on her so the arcane could land every debuff they may on her. A high arcane used to be able to land and maintain it... but they upped her stats.

The point I wished to make however is that most melee weapons falling into these categories end up as trivial or junk for the most part - even the improved versions as the DC's are next to noting compared to the DC an arcane may carry. If a caster is thinking they're having difficulty landing a will-save spell how might they assume a melee - with a lower DC - is going to be able to help debuff it.

In same light most arcane need to recognize same things which 'kill' a mob are the same things which Debuff or CC a mob...  Three years ago i would run thru the vale on my wiz. cleric or rogue banishing the crap out of mob. Back then at level cap 16 was a time those mob had more hp, saves  and sr than they do today ... in anylight right after EU went in I lucked out and picked up a 2nd enduring conviction on my fighter... I thought "Coool" and off to the vale I ran to test it out. I was soon disappointed however as when I realized I had cleared the entire vale of savarath foe I looked ... was like 90 mob killed and realized I banished only four. Reason being is the mob still had decent enough save to outlast their HP pool. They DPS to death much quicker...

This carries over from vale all the way into epics even though the mob hp four times that of vale ... they maintain saves higher most the DC of any melee weapons.

Most melee are infactuated with DPS in epics because aside from a few single target tacticals and some otc self-preservation and some minor utility there are no other options a melee may bring to epics.

Kinda the reason I get real twitchy about those "you must have x DC to flip a coin" suggestions. It guts more than their target audience. From the guy grinding on epic to get the DC, to the guy using a weapon targeting the stat that will never get a DC to speak of. (And don't even get me goin on what they've perpetrated on stat-damagers  Cry )

IP Logged

Emili
Shroud Slacker

Reply #35 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 10:54pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Kinda the reason I get real twitchy about those "you must have x DC to flip a coin" suggestions. It guts more than their target audience. From the guy grinding on epic to get the DC, to the guy using a weapon targeting the stat that will never get a DC to speak of. (And don't even get me goin on what they've perpetrated on stat-damagers  Cry )

I still have my wops and woe's, I still have all my better banes, spewers, disruptors, banishers, etc... they just hang around in my purse or in the bank. I still pick up cool looking weapons like hooked blades etc... and course pack them up, I even have parlyzers and such from the by-gone eras...

The DC game is the same as the mob AC game really... someone in channel the other night was asking 'bout feat oversized vs another toughness... my question was - what's your to-hit? Obviously, reason being is I could understand when you're dealing with malicia (ac 68), the eDa boss (ac 66) and a few other bosses a sub 60 to-hit becomes an issue just as much as a caster not attaining DC, fact is becomes moreso come a named because they're the ones with the most incredible amount of HP.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #36 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 11:20pm
Print Post  
Emili wrote on Jul 12th, 2011 at 10:54pm:
I still have my wops and woe's, I still have all my better banes, spewers, disruptors, banishers, etc... they just hang around in my purse or in the bank. I still pick up cool looking weapons like hooked blades etc... and course pack them up, I even have parlyzers and such from the by-gone eras...

The DC game is the same as the mob AC game really... someone in channel the other night was asking 'bout feat oversized vs another toughness... my question was - what's your to-hit? Obviously, reason being is I could understand when you're dealing with malicia (ac 68), the eDa boss (ac 66) and a few other bosses a sub 60 to-hit becomes an issue just as much as a caster not attaining DC, fact is becomes moreso come a named because they're the ones with the most incredible amount of HP.

That was me!!!

And ya, I took the otwf. I like hitting on a 2, but I don't always. I need more gear Sad

IP Logged

Emili
Shroud Slacker

Reply #37 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 11:44pm
Print Post  
Quote:
That was me!!!

And ya, I took the otwf. I like hitting on a 2, but I don't always. I need more gear Sad

I know it was you... I just do not toss out names always.  Tongue

We all need more gear and you still need a spanking too. Wink
« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2011 at 11:45pm by Emili »  

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 12:09am
Print Post  
Emili wrote on Jul 12th, 2011 at 11:44pm:
I know it was you... I just do not toss out names always.  Tongue

We all need more gear and you still need a spanking too. Wink

I know, but I don't mind owning up to my gimp.

I'm keeping that quoted in my bio until it happens, Missy.

IP Logged

rev Jim
American Azog

I GOT VEINS

Reply #39 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 1:14am
Print Post  
sweez wrote on Jul 12th, 2011 at 9:04am:

that's cause she's a vet.

Quote:
Rev. Jim.
He is the only guy here that posts quality, you should all learn from him.

IP Logged

Emili
Shroud Slacker

Reply #40 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 2:42am
Print Post  
rev Jim wrote on Jul 13th, 2011 at 1:14am:
that's cause she's a vet.

Yes she reads the forums and figures out what we plan for her...

I miss the days when we could trip and stun reds... today we have people complaining about how unfair it is they cannot use all their spells... Well least my wizard is totting around fourty four more spells, compared to a character without a  blue bar where you may have two or three options at most and casters wonder why these classes are so centre'd on DPS? Quite simply put there are not much more you can do effectively with such a class.

'Bout a year ago Matt and I got into an squabble over Runnfor's solar phoenix hybrid... Matt told him in a tell he would not take him in his raids any more because he contributes very little to them.

Reason is Runnfor likes these self-sufficient builds. In group I can heal that build with a bloody wand of the silver flame, a pop of a cure light off my cleric will deal a  600+hp heal on it. The toon is meant to be self healing drawing it's healing off the mob for 60+ a pop.

BUT!  All that amp comes with a cost in damage output and lack of maintaining agro. So, in a group setting – is risky to use as a tank because something can steel the agro away. It's also not the greatest dps on the bosses back and barely a trash cleaner due to trash can be cleaned up quickly with any other build. I had no leg to stand on to convince Matt outside of batting my eyes and asking please...

« Last Edit: Jul 13th, 2011 at 3:12am by Emili »  

IP Logged

Dingalbarian
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 6:01am
Print Post  
bob the builder wrote on Jul 11th, 2011 at 8:40am:
Turbine cares that classes are balanced because it affects their bottom line... whether you like it or not, some people do care a lot if one class seems to make their favorite useless.   if enough people become dissatisified, they will leave the game.

Now, however, I think people that whine and bitch on a forum that a certain class or item needs to be nerfed need to be kicked in the junk.

Roll a PM and get a new favorite. I did and it's been great.

IP Logged

Razcar
Dragon Raider

Jag Älskar Drama!

Reply #42 - Jul 16th, 2011 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
The DoTs are an idiotic clusterfuck belonging to the kind of fecal vomit F2P games you would see advertised on some crap Romanian torrent site (not that I would know... Smiley). The devs that put them in should get fired because they suck at their jobs. But we all still use them, as we use all cheap shitty overpowered near-exploits that has ever been put into this game.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint