Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Scheduled Server Downtime: 6:00 AM - 11:00 AM East (Read 2977 times)
stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Scheduled Server Downtime: 6:00 AM - 11:00 AM East
Jul 12th, 2011 at 11:08am
Print Post  
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=329001

Game update. No clue what is being updated yet.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Re: Scheduled Server Downtime: 6:00 AM - 11:00 AM East
Reply #1 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 11:11am
Print Post  
A little worried here. Hopefully Madfloyd wasn't just talking out of his ass about halting the crafting changes.

IP Logged

Flint
Stormreaver Piker

I'm a Halfling on the
EDGE!

Reply #2 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 11:13am
Print Post  
As am I. That person who posted the preview server notes might just have wanted to throw a hand grenade on that thread but I hope not.

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
Glenalth wrote on Jul 12th, 2011 at 11:11am:
A little worried here. Hopefully Madfloyd wasn't just talking out of his ass about halting the crafting changes.

Quite.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #4 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
Why...

[quote=Cordovan;3918090]Wednesday's update will be Update 10 Patch 1, which includes hireling improvements, crashing fixes, collectible/ingredients bag improvements and changes to crafting based on player feedback. We'll have more details soon. [/quote]

...does that give me an uncomfortable feeling in the pit of my stomach?  Why does that read like...

Since the crafting changes were so unpopular we are going to skip adding them to Lam and instead we shall just ram it down your throat till you shit rainbows.

...this to me?

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #5 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jul 12th, 2011 at 1:33pm:
Why...

...does that give me an uncomfortable feeling in the pit of my stomach?  Why does that read like...

Since the crafting changes were so unpopular we are going to skip adding them to Lam and instead we shall just ram it down your throat till you shit rainbows.

...this to me?

I detect an incoming shitstorm.

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
Wonder just how many train pic mem's got stored in his portfolio. Might need to borrow a few.

IP Logged

Cyr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
It's amazing that Eladrin and Madfloyd are still employeed. 

Even a moron should realize how bad of a practice it is to bypass play testers and preview servers and even a complete moron should realize how stupid it is to do this again right after being made to look like a fool already by doing this.

Some Turbine developers just do not learn from their mistakes.

Take this in contrast to Genasi a completely clueless nooblet at first who realized that they needed to be better informed and actually did something to do that.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #8 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
Cyr wrote on Jul 12th, 2011 at 3:47pm:
It's amazing that Eladrin and Madfloyd are still employeed. 

That assumes that it's their decision which I doubt that it is.
« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2011 at 3:52pm by Eladiun »  

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Jaxx
Fleet Admiral

Reply #9 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jul 12th, 2011 at 3:52pm:
That assumes that it's their decision which I doubt that it is.

THIS!

The incompetence starts at the top.  Seriously, have you seen pics of that turdburgler!

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 5:07pm
Print Post  

Happy fun-time angry music. Now with more nsfw head-splodie bits. Ah well, it got me looking at some nice amvs again, so there's that.
« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2011 at 5:08pm by »  

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Happy fun-time angry music. Now with more nsfw head-splodie bits. Ah well, it got me looking at some nice amvs again, so there's that.

Akira: the one that started it all....

on a related note, I prefer this AMV:

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Akira: the one that started it all....

on a related note, I prefer this AMV:

nice one. Nother classic (and no, it doesn't end up any nicer than the anime it's-self)
« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2011 at 5:33pm by »  

IP Logged

woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Reply #13 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
Back on topic alittle:

Quote:
A patch is going live tomorrow that includes changes to crafting. Some of these changes are simply conveniences (recipes can now pull ingredients out of bags, device animations have been sped up, etc), but there are also a fair number of recipe changes.

The release notes will have more details about the patch, but here is an early look at the types of changes you're going to see in the crafting devices:

All of the regular Bane & Greater Bane recipes, as well as well as recipes for several of the other more powerful effects in game, have been updated. The changes involve swapping ingredients or adding in additional ones.
        Some of the additional ingredients are new. One is called the 'Purified Eberron Dragonshard Fragment' and can be obtained from the crafting vendor in exchange for various precious items and others are specific to certain regions of the game.
        Other ingredient additions include Soul Gems, potions from favor reward vendors, and various slayer arrows found in treasure throughout the game.
    Named raid loot will not be used as one of the new ingredient types - it is not our intention to use named raid loot as a part of the cannith crafting so that crafting remains accessible to a variety of players.

Many of these recipes, when combined with other effects available in crafting can result in extremely powerful items that approach raid loot. All in all this is a good thing; after all, crafting is a fair alternative to raiding. We just want to ensure that there's a sense of balance between the various routes. We were concerned that some of these items may be too easy to create once you attained the required crafting level and we didn't want to upset the equilibrium of the game. We would rather proceed cautiously.

That said, we would like your feedback on these changes and the overall balance of crafting. Just because something is on the live servers doesn't mean it is set in stone at this point; crafting is still in 'beta' for this reason and we expect to make further balance changes.

I will stress that constructive feedback is helpful; rage/quit/conspiracy theories are not. We get that many of you are very passionate about the game and we deeply appreciate that, but please continue to make sure your feedback is actionable and constructive. We're looking forward to a continued dialog with our players about crafting, and encourage you to check out the changes in the patch and share your feedback.

Link

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
woody wrote on Jul 12th, 2011 at 5:43pm:

(cmon, you knew I had to Tongue)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint