Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Bugs that you care about (Read 12863 times)
popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Bugs that you care about
Jul 12th, 2011 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
As a public service (not a PSA), I thought it might be nice for us to make a list of the bugs that we actually care about.

Here's my short list in no particular order:

1) Handwraps.  Crafted/named/lootgen/whatever.  I'd like them to work.

2) Crashing when I zone into an area.  Most common in the Desert wilderness, Gianthold town and Shroud raid.  Chai says that's on the user's end, but I haven't read that thread well enough yet to actually have an opinion.

3) lost items while transferring to/from bank at lag o'clock.  I understand that this might be very difficult to fix, but it would be nice if Turbine could at least take a daily snapshot of characters during that time so that BtC and BtA loot could be recovered even if they don't want to deal with possible exploits of giving people back unbound stuff that was lost in the bank.

fnord

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Re: Bugs that you care about
Reply #1 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
4) The Abbot ate my Greensteel.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
5) the memleak.

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #3 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
If you guys want to make this useful to ignorant people like myself, you should probably include some more information about the bug, like steps to reproduce, etc.  Just reading these, I don't really know what have of them are and whether I might have come across them before or not.

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
Schmoe wrote on Jul 12th, 2011 at 12:37pm:
If you guys want to make this useful to ignorant people like myself, you should probably include some more information about the bug, like steps to reproduce, etc.  Just reading these, I don't really know what have of them are and whether I might have come across them before or not.

Swapping characters seems to hold some of the memory resident for quite a while. Given enough time, the pointers to that memory get used other places, but the memory its-self is still cluttered up taking up system resources. It eventually accumulates to nasty levels, best seen by a lot of hitching in movement and the like that you might at first take for lag, except it occurs the second you've swapped to that toon.

Clearer?

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #5 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Swapping characters seems to hold some of the memory resident for quite a while. Given enough time, the pointers to that memory get used other places, but the memory its-self is still cluttered up taking up system resources. It eventually accumulates to nasty levels, best seen by a lot of hitching in movement and the like that you might at first take for lag, except it occurs the second you've swapped to that toon.

Clearer?

Yes, thank you.  I don't think I've encountered that one yet, as I only play 1-2 characters in an evening.

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

rev Jim
American Azog

I GOT VEINS

Reply #6 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 12:54pm
Print Post  

only one i care about.

Quote:
Rev. Jim.
He is the only guy here that posts quality, you should all learn from him.

IP Logged

Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Reply #7 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
I know this is stupid, but...

Go from the Waterworks out to the harbor.  As soon as you pop out, the world is rotated about 5 degrees, then immediately rights itself.  It drives me nuts!  Also happens in Tangleroot.

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
Oh, yeah, come lagtime o'clock, the paging system for sands is usually the first to go. (Paging system: chunks of terrain at a time, loaded as you zone in, but also as you go along so you're not trying to get the whole map in memory at once.)

Bug determined through observation of discrete breaks in places you can move along lateral and horizontal lines throughout the mechutarian(sp?) desert explorer area. May occur in other places, but almost *always* occurs there and then.

Also: fix my insomnia damnit!

IP Logged

Quikster
Titan Demolisher

n00balicious

Reply #9 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
When blocking ( i usually only notice it on casters) sometimes you cant interact with things after (doors, chests, treasure bags etc) Quick item swap seems to fix.

~The Quikmeister~

IP Logged

Gornin
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Jul 12th, 2011 at 12:24pm:
3) lost items while transferring to/from bank at lag o'clock.  I understand that this might be very difficult to fix, but it would be nice if Turbine could at least take a daily snapshot of characters during that time so that BtC and BtA loot could be recovered even if they don't want to deal with possible exploits of giving people back unbound stuff that was lost in the bank.

This is related to the memory leak that scraap talks about. It comes from changing too many instances, but the ones you list are the biggest culprits.

Is is not system specific, unless it has to do with running Vista. My system can run any other game out there without this happening, and is designed to do HD graphic rendering, so I know it is not my graphics/video equipment.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #11 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
Quote:
This is related to the memory leak that scraap talks about. It comes from changing too many instances, but the ones you list are the biggest culprits.

Is is not system specific, unless it has to do with running Vista. My system can run any other game out there without this happening, and is designed to do HD graphic rendering, so I know it is not my graphics/video equipment.

I crash all the time and like you I can run anything else.  The DDO engine, the NVIDIA drivers, and my GTX275 do not play nice together.

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #12 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
Mem leak / client crash. I seem to have this problem when I switch characters probably 4-8 times in a session. When I am trying to squeeze a bunch of raids in and use different characters this often happens. I generally close the client completely out on the 3rd swap.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #13 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
Quikster wrote on Jul 12th, 2011 at 1:37pm:
When blocking ( i usually only notice it on casters) sometimes you cant interact with things after (doors, chests, treasure bags etc) Quick item swap seems to fix.

Activating pretty much anything on a hot bar seems to fix it too.

I wonder if this was an unannounced "fix" for the ability to kill vicious weapon self-damage until you are hit again by blocking?

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #14 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
Anyone else get the bug where u are moving/fighting/whatever and suddenly the world starts spinning around?  really fast?  And you can't make it stop?  Logout and Login doesn't work.  You have to close the client.  Luckily, from my college days, I can actually function while the whole game world is spinning.  I have healed VoD and ToD with this going on.  Luckily neither raid required the healer to move around too much. 

Anyways, don't know what causes it.  Can't seem to identify anything.  I even bought a new brand computer with a new OS, so I'm leaning away from a hardware conflict.  Unless the DDO client just conflicts with everything...

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #15 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 12th, 2011 at 2:33pm:
Anyone else get the bug where u are moving/fighting/whatever and suddenly the world starts spinning around?  really fast?  And you can't make it stop?  Logout and Login doesn't work.  You have to close the client.  Luckily, from my college days, I can actually function while the whole game world is spinning.  I have healed VoD and ToD with this going on.  Luckily neither raid required the healer to move around too much. 

Anyways, don't know what causes it.  Can't seem to identify anything.  I even bought a new brand computer with a new OS, so I'm leaning away from a hardware conflict.  Unless the DDO client just conflicts with everything...

I have never had that before. Do you have some unique mouse or something?

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 2:41pm
Print Post  

I've had that happen a few times when playing windowed. Kinda like the mouse lost the right focus (term for what window it's active in).

In some cases, it just means loosing the pointer off to the side. In others, it can do as you described, or even change the border of the window it's-self, which really screws it up.
« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2011 at 2:42pm by »  

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
The crashing when going to Orchard, GH, Desert and Shroud entrance.

I had this happen to me under XP, under vista windows 7.

I've always used an Nvidia card.

I was able ameliorate the problem some by lowering the Texture Detail down to Medium or Low... it would take a longer time before it happened when changing zones, but would eventually happen.

IP Logged

Throate
Waterworks Kobold

...to hear the lamentation
of them noobs

Reply #18 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
Client crashing when I try to look up something on the wiki using the in-game browser.

Happened a lot lately. Darn those epic items!

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
And not a bug, but something is stupid as crap is the Threnal Quest series.

You click once too fast on a conversation with the Eastern Quest giver and you've fucked yourself for the South portion.

And take out the "Repeat quest" option that appears in the Western speech when you complete and before he offers an end reward.

I've done this quest chain countless times and I still have to think about which option to choose to not screw it up.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #20 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jul 12th, 2011 at 2:40pm:
I have never had that before. Do you have some unique mouse or something?

Up until Father's Day I used a standard MS mouse.  Then, my boys (both of whom play DDO) got me this:

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.169418900

It's sweet. 

Although, as Arkat can tell you, that new mouse does not help when I am standing around in the middle in Von5 with the voice and ring while they dispose of the coffer when I should be hitting the east and west speaking stones.

Anyways, the problem happens with both.  I will try the windowing thing.  I do usually run windowed.  I'll go Full Screen and see if that fixes the problem.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #21 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
That mouse gives me a pantalones de la tienda.

Quote:

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #22 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 12th, 2011 at 3:17pm:
do usually run windowed.  I'll go Full Screen and see if that fixes the problem.

I have never ran windowed and never had this problem.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Kernal
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 3:30pm
Print Post  

This sounds to me more like a keyboard issue than a mouse issue; maybe your 'a' key is getting stuck (ish) causing you to spin.  Do you have a wireless keyboard?  Sometimes a key press (or depress) gets lost. 

Try hitting the turn right/left keys next time this happens and see if that helps.

Cheers,
Kernal

PS - According to Chai, all the memory leak issues are from faulty permissions assignments (Window's fault or Turbine's?  Dunno), including the char swap issue.  These can be fixed client-side.  This fix has been verified by others in that thread.

Asketes wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:41am:
Actually I'm willing to bed the mods

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #24 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
Kernal wrote on Jul 12th, 2011 at 3:30pm:
PS - According to Chai, all the memory leak issues are from faulty permissions assignments (Window's fault or Turbine's?  Dunno), including the char swap issue.  These can be fixed client-side.  This fix has been verified by others in that thread.

Link?

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint