Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Bugs that you care about (Read 12871 times)
Kernal
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: Bugs that you care about
Reply #25 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
6) Ladder stuck spots.  I hate them so much.

7) How the climbing animation stops and breaks whatever else you're doing, but still wastes the charge (raging, using bauble, casting a spell, etc). 

Fine if it breaks it, but then it shouldn't eat the charge/use.

Asketes wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:41am:
Actually I'm willing to bed the mods

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #26 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jul 12th, 2011 at 3:32pm:
Link?

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=327861

it's a long thread, but pretty interesting.  I'm going to sit down and read it more carefully sometime in the next few days.

fnord

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #27 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 4:07pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Jul 12th, 2011 at 3:47pm:
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=327861

it's a long thread, but pretty interesting.  I'm going to sit down and read it more carefully sometime in the next few days.

I read through the thread and I can't find where he specifically lays out how to fix the issue. He just points at some registry entries.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
8) Pale lavender absorbs death aura and negative energy burst in undead form (but not in non-undead form).  This drives me freaking nuts on my palemaster.  Not only do I not get healed, but all my PL charges get cleared in 5 seconds flat if I have death aura running and have PL (accidentally) equipped.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #29 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
Off-Topic replies have been moved to this Topic.Edited:
Thread split done on agreement of Off Topic poster and thread creator.
« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2011 at 6:44pm by stainer »  

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Cabocleer
Korthos Resident

Um, yeah, whatever.

Reply #30 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 12th, 2011 at 2:33pm:
Anyone else get the bug where u are moving/fighting/whatever and suddenly the world starts spinning around?  really fast?  And you can't make it stop?  Logout and Login doesn't work.  You have to close the client.  Luckily, from my college days, I can actually function while the whole game world is spinning.  I have healed VoD and ToD with this going on.  Luckily neither raid required the healer to move around too much. 

Anyways, don't know what causes it.  Can't seem to identify anything.  I even bought a new brand computer with a new OS, so I'm leaning away from a hardware conflict.  Unless the DDO client just conflicts with everything...

I get "the spinnies"  too. (last time at the beginning of Titan, when there wasn't a lot going on in the instance).
  I usually have to quit and re-load,  although I've heard something about switching back and forth to windowed mode to fix it up.

Making it weirder for some time now.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
I still wanna know if Spellsong Vigor on WF is a bug or WAI, tbh.  So I'm not sure if it's a bug that bothers me.  Tongue

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #32 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Jul 12th, 2011 at 8:04pm:
I still wanna know if Spellsong Vigor on WF is a bug or WAI, tbh.  So I'm not sure if it's a bug that bothers me.  Tongue

Hey, it's one of the benefits of being a WF lich. Form-flipping lets it operate.  Wink

IP Logged

woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Reply #33 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
Not that I care about it but its just a weird bug that I've encounter on multiple toons. Requires a long winded set up and description.

1. Take a hireling( I only use cleric or fvs hireling) into WW and go to part two.

2. The path I usually take at the 3 bridges is to clear out the optionals first( Zombies then the side with the big room with two chests.)

3. I take the lower path that puts you at the bottom level of the jail cells. After clearing that out I move to the upper.

4. Go up the ramp and follow the ledge around the corner to where the gate is with the lever to open the upper level of cells.

5. Every time I go through the gate to take care of the kobolds my hireling will seem to find something interesting in the first cell outside of the gate and stare at it. No matter how many times I hit the summon button or any of the action buttons. I have to go far enough away that they port to me or have to backtrack to get them to follow me again.

Like I said no biggie. Its just a weird quirk.

IP Logged

woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Reply #34 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
Anyone else get the bug where u are moving/fighting/whatever and suddenly the world starts spinning around?  really fast?  And you can't make it stop?  Logout and Login doesn't work.  You have to close the client.  Luckily, from my college days, I can actually function while the whole game world is spinning.  I have healed VoD and ToD with this going on.  Luckily neither raid required the healer to move around too much. 

Anyways, don't know what causes it.  Can't seem to identify anything.  I even bought a new brand computer with a new OS, so I'm leaning away from a hardware conflict.  Unless the DDO client just conflicts with everything...

I usually play in window mode and get this every so often. Solution I use is to hold A or D depending on which way you are spinning( go with the spin) for three seconds. 9 times out of 10 that fixes the problem.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 11:40pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Hey, it's one of the benefits of being a WF lich. Form-flipping lets it operate.  Wink

Hey, I dug it up!  I assume that Thoon is a somebody, or at least was?  I know absolutely nothing about who's who at The Other Forums, I mostly go there to read and don't dig around the dev stuff.  Tongue 

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=3390087#post3390087

So, since this is definitely considered a known issue at some level, this is my least favorite bug as a Spellsinger.  I know we're not exactly a massive contingent of players, but it really makes me significantly less effective.  Especially since the main person that I run with and like has a WF Sorc.  Tongue 

However, since the devs fixed Anthem, I'm not exactly howling for blood on this one.  But it would be nice to see it officially moved to "Known Bugs" so that people can stop wondering about it.  Tongue

IP Logged

Zigana
Vaultgina

Reply #36 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 2:48am
Print Post  

I get this about once a week.  Usually I just mash a million buttons on my keyboard and 9 times out of 10 it fixes it.  I play in windowed mode, since I'm usually multi-tasking when I play.  Just had it happen for the first time in LOTRO the other day as well.  Play that windowed too.  Not hugely game affecting, but enough so that it's annoying.

My other issue is that after logging in and out of a few toons, the scroll button on my mouse won't let me zoom out my view.  Only way I've found to fix it is completely reload client.  Very very annoying and pretty much unplayable for me until it's fixed.

Strakeln wrote on Apr 22nd, 2013 at 11:55am:
Zigana was in compliance with all rules.

Gawna did a good job at enforcing the rules as she understood them.

Stainer is the rules lawyer.

Hands down, Zigana is the Vault's best poster.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 22nd, 2013 at 1:27pm:
I'm not sure about best poster but I know for sure she's got the most balls of all the posters.

IP Logged

Cabocleer
Korthos Resident

Um, yeah, whatever.

Reply #37 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 7:33am
Print Post  
Zigana wrote on Jul 13th, 2011 at 2:48am:
I get this about once a week.  Usually I just mash a million buttons on my keyboard and 9 times out of 10 it fixes it.  I play in windowed mode, since I'm usually multi-tasking when I play.  Just had it happen for the first time in LOTRO the other day as well.  Play that windowed too.  Not hugely game affecting, but enough so that it's annoying.

My other issue is that after logging in and out of a few toons, the scroll button on my mouse won't let me zoom out my view.  Only way I've found to fix it is completely reload client.  Very very annoying and pretty much unplayable for me until it's fixed.

When the mouse won't let me scroll-zoom out,  I can usually zoom out with the  -  key on my number pad.

Thanks for the A-D tip on fixing the spinnies.

IP Logged

rev Jim
American Azog

I GOT VEINS

Reply #38 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Jul 12th, 2011 at 4:12pm:
8) Pale lavender absorbs death aura and negative energy burst in undead form (but not in non-undead form).  This drives me freaking nuts on my palemaster.  Not only do I not get healed, but all my PL charges get cleared in 5 seconds flat if I have death aura running and have PL (accidentally) equipped. 

same with the mantle of the worldshaper on a PM.

Quote:
Rev. Jim.
He is the only guy here that posts quality, you should all learn from him.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
rev Jim wrote on Jul 13th, 2011 at 12:54pm:
same with the mantle of the worldshaper on a PM.

Yeah and aslo with silver flame trinket  Angry

IP Logged

Dozen_Black_Roses
Korthos Resident

Reply #40 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 4:24pm
Print Post  

I have experienced this since I started playing DDO in 2007, and Ive changed my mouse and keyboard. What is really weird is I can get it to stop every time by pulling up the help menu and hitting any of the tabs that come up, doesnt matter which one...it will get it to stop. For example hit submit ticket..as soon as you hit that button it stops, no need to actually fill out a ticket. Now why this works I have no idea but it does, and it has worked for everyone else I have encountered with this problem. And I have submitted bug reports and tickets, never any reply to bug reports, and tickets get closed out with we dont know what you are talking about submit a bug report type response.

IP Logged

tsupra
Korthos Resident

Reply #41 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 6:01pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

LordPiglet
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 6:11pm
Print Post  

Do you play in windowed mode?  I have this happen when I click in one of the window boundry area's.  Normally I can just go type something in and that will correct it.  Other times I have to go to full screen (alt+enter) and then back and then type.

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #43 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Jul 12th, 2011 at 11:40pm:
this is my least favorite bug as a Spellsinger.  I know we're not exactly a massive contingent of players, but it really makes me significantly less effective.  Especially since the main person that I run with and like has a WF Sorc.  Tongue

Wouldn't be a problem if I could get my damned bauble or torc  Angry
« Last Edit: Jul 13th, 2011 at 6:15pm by Maxwell Edison »  

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Jul 13th, 2011 at 6:15pm:
Wouldn't be a problem if I could get my damned bauble or torc  Angry

Yes, but if you got either one, I'd have to get the other one or I wouldn't have anything to lord over you.  Tongue

IP Logged

Cabocleer
Korthos Resident

Um, yeah, whatever.

Reply #45 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
Just barely care about this,  but as of tonight my gem bag won't gather gems.  Probly the new bag coding.   It was a nuisance having to destroy them all.

IP Logged

ZeroBoost
Titan Demolisher

res ipsa loquitur

Reply #46 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
Not really a bug.. But I am tired of having to restart my client everytime there is an update to play in hi-res.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #47 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 10:48pm
Print Post  
Turbine really doesn't care for our input. I banned one of them today, because he is just here to fuck with us. I will ban the rest of them if he tries to evade the ban. Jerry I will ban you if I see you read a post and then delete the corresponding post on the other forums.

We tried to work with you,.

/suck it

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #48 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 11:12pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jul 13th, 2011 at 10:48pm:
Turbine really doesn't care for our input.

Sad.

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Reply #49 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 11:27pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jul 13th, 2011 at 10:48pm:
Turbine really doesn't care for our input. I banned one of them today, because he is just here to fuck with us. I will ban the rest of them if he tries to evade the ban. Jerry I will ban you if I see you read a post and then delete the corresponding post on the other forums.

We tried to work with you,.

/suck it

I think the appropriate ending to your post should have been:

Btw what were they doing to fuck with us?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint