Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Bugs that you care about (Read 12885 times)
stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Re: Bugs that you care about
Reply #50 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 11:31pm
Print Post  
When he made it apparent the only reason  he was here was to ban people people from a part of the game, and nothing else, it was time for him to go. We really do not need them here to fuck with us. We came here to get away from it.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #51 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 11:49pm
Print Post  
Well fuck them then. I say ban Turbine's entire block of IP addresses.

If you have to, block any IP in Massachusetts.

Edited:
Block Connecticut IPs too...just to be sure.
« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2011 at 12:10am by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #52 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 11:52pm
Print Post  

I guess I should have warned Turbine that I put their fate in Stainer's hands  Grin
« Last Edit: Jul 13th, 2011 at 11:52pm by Strakeln »  

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #53 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 11:54pm
Print Post  
Evidently 404error didn't get the memo about the new Turbine. This was posted today.

http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=3922392&postcount=29
It is a New Turbine. I don't care about 2 years ago. I care about the future of this product. I hope some of you can let whatever happened in the before times go, and I promise my team will do the best that we can do to serve you. But we need some mutual respect. I'll listen to you, as long as you are not kicking me in the jimmies. Deal? - majormalphunction

I so sick of the lying sons of bitches. Yet I stupidly send money to them every month.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #54 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 11:55pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Jul 13th, 2011 at 11:52pm:
I guess I should have warned Turbine that I put their fate in Stainer's hands  Grin

Sorry Strakeln. You were right. I try to look for the good in people. I am a stupid fool.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #55 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 12:03am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jul 13th, 2011 at 11:54pm:
Evidently 404error didn't get the memo about the new Turbine. This was posted today.

http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=3922392&postcount=29
It is a New Turbine. I don't care about 2 years ago. I care about the future of this product. I hope some of you can let whatever happened in the before times go, and I promise my team will do the best that we can do to serve you. But we need some mutual respect. I'll listen to you, as long as you are not kicking me in the jimmies. Deal? - majormalphunction

I so sick of the lying sons of bitches. Yet I stupidly send money to them every month.

Almost makes me feel guilty about forgetting to bug report that when I tested on lam.

Yep. Almost.

Was kinda busy getting slapped in the face at the time by the bane nerfs.

Suppose that makes me a dick.
« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2011 at 12:03am by »  

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #56 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 12:09am
Print Post  
Quote:
MajMalphunktion;

Yes, there is a QA team. A damn good one, the amount of bugs you never see is staggering. Yes, most QA are not on the forums, for multiple reasons, but we have a face now...me (who is a he). See my blog over in my ddo(http://my.ddo.com/ddoqablog/2011/07/07/greetings-from-the-kobolds/) if you wish. I've been doing games for a long time, and if you see what I worked on, my standards for quality are pretty high. I took today personally, and probably won't sleep much tonight.

He is showing some heart and some pride in what he does.  I haven't seen that in a while I know if it was my team that fucked this up I would be running on red bull and cigs and pitching an all nighter.

« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2011 at 12:09am by Eladiun »  

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #57 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 12:11am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jul 14th, 2011 at 12:09am:
I know if it was my team that fucked this up I would be running on red bull and cigs and pitching an all nighter.

That's because you, at least, have some semblance of integrity.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #58 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 12:28am
Print Post  
Well, he certainly seems to be taking it personally, which has it's good and bad aspects.

I just hope the company as a whole's gotten it through it's head now that maybe issues need checking out and halting as a first step, not a 'release and we'll get to it later' step, since that guts any amount of impassioned dedicated QA process of whatever form you've got every single time.

Otherwise expect that one to go up in flames real quick, which seems like it'd be a shame.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #59 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 6:45am
Print Post  
Bugs that I care about.

1. Lag o'clock. I know I feel particularly strongly because I effectively lost my first capped character to it, and my only recourse was to TR her in the end because of no support or feedback. Server message when maintenance, please. Oh, and give your in game GMs some authority and support to actually help people in these situs. What blew about the whole situation was the in game GM could see what had happened but do nothing. Even an apology and a Heart of Wood would have been better than nothing. As it was I bought the Heart with TPs (was first toon so not geared for epics) but yeah. Not ideal.

2. Zoning / crashing when heading in to an instance.

3. laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #60 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 7:14am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jul 13th, 2011 at 10:48pm:
Turbine really doesn't care for our input. I banned one of them today, because he is just here to fuck with us. I will ban the rest of them if he tries to evade the ban. Jerry I will ban you if I see you read a post and then delete the corresponding post on the other forums.

We tried to work with you,.

/suck it

shrplz

PM me the name so I can BL.

IP Logged

Aerniel
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #61 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 7:16am
Print Post  
I not saying that I want this fixed, but it makes me sad when I Teleport to the Market from anywhere and then turn around quickly to see the old Bazaars big ass purple entrance. I've tried to screenie it but it goes away too quickly. *sadface*

Arkenkaden - Dunker - Bichin - Donkeypunchd

Sincerely,
      The Sausage Priest of Argonessen.
Alekx wrote on Jun 13th, 2011 at 6:14pm:
Sorry to burst your pony bubble you fruitcake, go fuck yourself.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #62 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 7:24am
Print Post  
Aerniel wrote on Jul 14th, 2011 at 7:16am:
I not saying that I want this fixed, but it makes me sad when I Teleport to the Market from anywhere and then turn around quickly to see the old Bazaars big ass purple entrance. I've tried to screenie it but it goes away too quickly. *sadface*

I'm so going to try that now Smiley

I think more than anything I want the confidence that releases are properly tested before going to live. Lama isn't a test server, it's a preview / feedback server. Any form of stress testing is impossible on it because of the low numbers of people online at any time and also the tendency to focus on specific things. I know when I visit Lama I do so to get a sneak preview of new packs and to poke the new changes, not to run a Shroud normal to see how it is affected.

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #63 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 8:46am
Print Post  
Aerniel wrote on Jul 14th, 2011 at 7:16am:

Something related and also lame:

If you teleport to The Twelve, you are first ported to the old instance, and then the new instance magically appears in its place.

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

Neouni
Korthos Resident

May contain nuts

Reply #64 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Jul 12th, 2011 at 4:12pm:
8) Pale lavender absorbs death aura and negative energy burst in undead form (but not in non-undead form).  This drives me freaking nuts on my palemaster.  Not only do I not get healed, but all my PL charges get cleared in 5 seconds flat if I have death aura running and have PL (accidentally) equipped. 

Friendly\Healing spells for a Palemaster are blocked as being hostile spells.
Summons still have the death ward bug, like PL's used to.

If you get the spinnies push the arrowkey the way your spinning
(Multiple games seem to have this since windows 95, DirectX bug ?)

Characterswap memmoryleak also causes the mousewheel to stop function as a camera zoom in\out control

10.1: Crafting deconstruction now needs to be closed and reopened when it bugs. (moved from 1 machine to the other)

Ice fensers summon ice crystals that increase required breakables for bonus xp, but do not count as breakables when broken.

Ascension Chamber,Black Abbot: Mantle of Invulnerability blocks 4th level and lower spells, along with sometimes negating other higher level spells (such as Sunburst, as the blindness component is tagged as a 2nd level spell

When talking to a NPC again while the NPC took down a forcefield and is still walking to his next spot from the movement script, he\she will put the forcefield back up.
Redemption, The Weapons Shipment

When true reincarnating your interface positions reset, but also all your comments on your friends list.

Level 3 Navigator called Xathrizopkrsis will not allow you to teleport to Meridia at level 12, while the level 2 navigator will ...

And what bugs me is people with memmoryleak, crappy graphics cards or a combination thereof complaining about getting lag from dancing circles, sleet storm, wall of fire, etc.
When the game goes below 10 fps, it seems to try and compensate.

probably can find some more at http://ddowiki.com/page/Category:Game_bugs

IP Logged

Neouni
Korthos Resident

May contain nuts

Reply #65 - Jul 20th, 2011 at 9:39am
Print Post  
Ever checked your enhancements closely,
the repair line has some wrong icons.

When I reported it a few months ago it was a unknown issue.
Would have thought they had time to fix it by now.

IP Logged

Razcar
Dragon Raider

Jag Älskar Drama!

Reply #66 - Jul 20th, 2011 at 9:59am
Print Post  
bob the builder wrote on Jul 12th, 2011 at 2:45pm:
The crashing when going to Orchard, GH, Desert and Shroud entrance.

I had this happen to me all the time. Over two different video cards and several re-installations of both DDO and OS. I turned the graphics down before zoning and it still crashed more often than not. Then I got an SSD (while changing nothing else except another OS reinstall), ran the OS and DDO from it, and it has never happened since.

IP Logged

Updawg
Korthos Resident

Reply #67 - Jul 20th, 2011 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
I would be happy if they stopped working on content for 1 quarter and focused on fixing as many bugs as possible.

ChaosKnights

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #68 - Jul 20th, 2011 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
The zoom bug. When I can't scroll out with my wheel. Drives me absolutely insane. My - key on my numpad is mapped to various commands on all my toons, so I can't just use that to scroll out. I used to think it was related to trying to interact with the world too soon before I was fully loaded in, so I started loading my toon then going to get a drink or take a piss just to give it enough time to load up correctly. But that wasn't the cause Sad

Fuck that's probably the most irritating thing to me. I can't even just do inventory maintenance when I am zoomed all the way in. It really makes it too hard for me to play.

IP Logged

Chris79
Stormreaver Piker

Wanna a lollipop?

Reply #69 - Jul 20th, 2011 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Jul 12th, 2011 at 12:24pm:
\
2) Crashing when I zone into an area.  Most common in the Desert wilderness, Gianthold town and Shroud raid.  Chai says that's on the user's end, but I haven't read that thread well enough yet to actually have an opinion.

I think it's a user end thing too. Happened to me all the time. Then I upgraded to an SSD and a new video card, hasn't happened since.

-----------------------------------------------
Pyrric, Drilltex, Drilltor, Drillsworn - Khyber

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #70 - Jul 20th, 2011 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jul 20th, 2011 at 3:02pm:
The zoom bug. When I can't scroll out with my wheel. Drives me absolutely insane. My - key on my numpad is mapped to various commands on all my toons, so I can't just use that to scroll out. I used to think it was related to trying to interact with the world too soon before I was fully loaded in, so I started loading my toon then going to get a drink or take a piss just to give it enough time to load up correctly. But that wasn't the cause Sad

Fuck that's probably the most irritating thing to me. I can't even just do inventory maintenance when I am zoomed all the way in. It really makes it too hard for me to play.

This. Holy fuck it's annoying.

Why is it necessary to start every toon's login from directly behind their head?

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #71 - Jul 21st, 2011 at 5:46am
Print Post  
Quote:
This. Holy fuck it's annoying.

Why is it necessary to start every toon's login from directly behind their head?

Would you rather have it start at Mehdik?

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #72 - Jul 21st, 2011 at 5:48am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Jul 21st, 2011 at 5:46am:

>.>

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #73 - Jul 21st, 2011 at 8:20am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Jul 21st, 2011 at 5:46am:

Smiley Smiley Smiley(tm)

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Backley
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #74 - Jul 22nd, 2011 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jul 20th, 2011 at 3:02pm:

Pretty sure the wheel zoom breaks any time I log out and log back in. Works if I completely close the client and restart it instead.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint