Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Post 10.1 Crafting (Read 10133 times)
stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Post 10.1 Crafting
Jul 13th, 2011 at 10:02am
Print Post  
Couple of initial thoughts on what I have been reading.

Costs aren't so steep, or are at least something that is achievable without a ton of stress. I think they adjusted the requirements fairly well.

I do have a problem with one thing. They have recipes that call for silver flame pots and yugo pots. While that in itself does not bother me, it is what I am reading that does. Those items are BtC and can take some time to unlock. The talk is they are, or will be, BtA. That is waaaayyy OP, IMHO. I have never unlocked 400 SF favor, but I have seen the pots in action. Game breaking? Maybe.
« Last Edit: Jul 13th, 2011 at 10:10am by stainer »  

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Calvet
Puppy Farmer

I take stroke pills!

Re: Post 10.1 Crafting
Reply #1 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 10:13am
Print Post  
I'm interested to know how much plat you get (% comparison to vnedoring) when you decon trash.

Epoch wrote on Nov 29th, 2011 at 1:22am:
You do what i do when people say I don't have to drink pots? I dot the boss and use BBs on the trash and say, " Aww shucks, im outta sp."

Quote:
Now I am a very bad cleric. I just wait like a vulture for everyone to die. 

Light a man a fire and he will be warm for the night.  Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

IP Logged

Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Reply #2 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 10:23am
Print Post  
Calvet wrote on Jul 13th, 2011 at 10:13am:
I'm interested to know how much plat you get (% comparison to vnedoring) when you decon trash.

Me too.

I really thought they had a good idea.  Let people choose -- plat or crafting xp.  Once people get to max level crafting, they are going to get the plat again anyway.  If they go to wild with it, they will lose the benefits of their plat sink.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #3 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 10:32am
Print Post  
I've read reports that crafting directly out of your bags eats the full cost of the recipe rather than just the standard 1/3 of the cost for a failure.  I'll be checking that in just a minute, but you might want to not craft anything expensive directly out of your bags for now.

fnord

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #4 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 10:35am
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Jul 13th, 2011 at 10:32am:
I've read reports that crafting directly out of your bags eats the full cost of the recipe rather than just the standard 1/3 of the cost for a failure.  I'll be checking that in just a minute, but you might want to not craft anything expensive directly out of your bags for now.

Seeing as it is new, I highly recommend avoiding it for a couple months.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Flint
Stormreaver Piker

I'm a Halfling on the
EDGE!

Reply #5 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 10:50am
Print Post  
Decon is very buggy it seems. I had to close the window and reopen after almost every decon I did for a quick test.

I think I got max of a 200pp from any decon not that I remember what item it was I crunched. I was after the essences for leveling my crafter.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #6 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 11:23am
Print Post  
Uh oh
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=329222

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post

* Other ingredient additions include Soul Gems, potions from favor reward vendors, and various slayer arrows found in treasure throughout the game.

Funny thing is... the crafting machine won't accept slayer arrows... so none of the associated recipes can be crafted! Also, can't craft GCB because it requires a stack of 50 addy ores (which only stack to 30 ofc).

So the dev team does not even try the recipes ONCE? To see if they work?

Haha, you got me!

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #7 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 11:31am
Print Post  
The deconstruction altar seems to be really fucked up when you try to deconstruct using the green and yellow deconstruction potions out of your bag.  It also seems to get confused when you run out of items in a stack that you're trying to deconstruct.  When you deconstruct loot, there's obviously only one item in the "stack", so that's pretty solidly fucked up.

On the other hand, if you have a reasonable stack of lesser essences of some type, you can go nuts on crafting the junk shards that you'll deconstruct for 1 XP each.  I can now craft and deconstruct as fast as I can click, so that 22,000 click method of leveling now seems viable.  Just make sure that you buy a bajillion of the green and yellow deconstruction potions and keep them in your backpack. 

1) Create a bajillion junk Greater Brilliance 1 shards (or whatever costs 4 lesser and 1 dragonshard fragment of your choice). 
Just click like mad and they'll all go in your backpack.
2) Drag all of those stacks of 100 junk shards back into your backpack.
3) Drag a stack of 100 junk shards and 100 deconstruction potions into the deconstruction altar and deconstruct like crazy.  Once you run out of that stack, drag over another stack of 100 shards/100 deconstruction potions

Repeat ad nauseum.  Now that the 4 second delay is gone, I expect to be level 90 by this afternoon.  Smiley

fnord

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 11:45am
Print Post  
Shit Storm Approaching Captain....

IP Logged

Phreshphrute
HJASTE YOURSELF

Reply #9 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 11:50am
Print Post  
This whole crafting thing is a shit show. It is really lame that you have to grind crafting xp through clicking  buttons. I have probably acquired ~20000 essences since this stupid thing came out and traded/gave all of them away because I refuse to stand in front of a crafting altar and click away. I know there are macros that will do it for you, but there should be a different way to acquire crafting xp, namely through questing.

I don't think any of this stuff is that is coming out of the crafting mechanic is OP. The HB Silver of GLOB is worse than a lit2 vs. trash and marginally better vs. red named on norm. On h/e, min2 worked just fine before and those that were completing on h/e didn't need those weapons anyhow. I can see how monks might find it useful, but is still easier to grind SC for Met of PG hws than to grind DA for silver threaded. The gear is no better than the loot gen tables either. The whole process makes me shake my head. It was poorly thought out and poorly executed.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #10 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Jul 13th, 2011 at 11:31am:
The deconstruction altar seems to be really fucked up when you try to deconstruct using the green and yellow deconstruction potions out of your bag.  It also seems to get confused when you run out of items in a stack that you're trying to deconstruct.  When you deconstruct loot, there's obviously only one item in the "stack", so that's pretty solidly fucked up.

On the other hand, if you have a reasonable stack of lesser essences of some type, you can go nuts on crafting the junk shards that you'll deconstruct for 1 XP each.  I can now craft and deconstruct as fast as I can click, so that 22,000 click method of leveling now seems viable.  Just make sure that you buy a bajillion of the green and yellow deconstruction potions and keep them in your backpack. 

1) Create a bajillion junk Greater Brilliance 1 shards (or whatever costs 4 lesser and 1 dragonshard fragment of your choice). 
Just click like mad and they'll all go in your backpack.
2) Drag all of those stacks of 100 junk shards back into your backpack.
3) Drag a stack of 100 junk shards and 100 deconstruction potions into the deconstruction altar and deconstruct like crazy.  Once you run out of that stack, drag over another stack of 100 shards/100 deconstruction potions

Repeat ad nauseum.  Now that the 4 second delay is gone, I expect to be level 90 by this afternoon.  Smiley

I've run into a potentially serious problem with this. 
DON'T USE THIS UNTIL I POST AGAIN.  probably about 10 minutes.

Edit:  It looked like I wasn't getting back any greater or lesser good essences when I deconstructed the Greater Beatitude I shards with "autocollect" on in my bags.  It's possible that I was just deconstructing a different shard (I had some greater Impact I shards, too) and just wasn't paying atttention to what I had in my bags before and after that deconstruction set.

Everything looked 100% fine when I was watching the shards show up in my backpack with all of the "autocollect" turned off and the two tests I did with autocollect on when I was paying close attention to the shard return rate seemed fine as well.  I got between a 93% and a 105% return on my shards for each block of 100 greater beatitude I shards that I deconstructed.

Also, the lag does seem less significant when I speed click deconstruct/craft with autocollect turned off in my bags.
« Last Edit: Jul 13th, 2011 at 12:53pm by popejubal »  

fnord

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #11 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
Nice find Pope.

I don't like where crafting is going, but if the return rate is so high I may as well level and wait for it to get better.

How long do you think to level from 50 to 90 ?

Proud Leader & official Gimp of Crimson Eagles on Khyber
Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor WF FvS 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 18 - Splatsplat 18/2 DoSIII

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #12 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
Felgor wrote on Jul 13th, 2011 at 12:57pm:
Nice find Pope.

I don't like where crafting is going, but if the return rate is so high I may as well level and wait for it to get better.

How long do you think to level from 50 to 90 ?

http://ddowiki.com/page/Cannith_Crafting/Level_Progression

27,000 clicks for construction, 27,000 clicks for deconstruction and however many clicks you need to turn the greater essences back into lesser essences.

...by the way, since the return on essences is so close to 100%, you can use this method to turn lesser essences into greater essences almost as easily as you can turn greaters into lessers.

fnord

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #13 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
I can only see 1g 4l 1shard recipes for Elemental...am I doing it wrong?

Proud Leader & official Gimp of Crimson Eagles on Khyber
Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor WF FvS 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 18 - Splatsplat 18/2 DoSIII

IP Logged

Kernal
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
Pope:

I saw some posts of people who were having issues with ingredients showing up in bags with autocollect on.  Is it possible it was just a display error?  The claim was that, upon turning off autocollect, the items reappeared in the bag.

Also: You get plat for deconstructing loot.  Do you also get plat for deconstructing shards?

-Kernal

Asketes wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:41am:
Actually I'm willing to bed the mods

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Missing Ingredients!
Reply #15 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 1:33pm
Print Post  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #16 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
Felgor wrote on Jul 13th, 2011 at 1:09pm:
I can only see 1g 4l 1shard recipes for Elemental...am I doing it wrong?

So far, I've only been using the Greater Beatitude 1 shards since I want to level up the Divine first, but I'll check shortly.  There wasn't anything that i cared about in Elemental other than the Elemental Absorbtion trinkets, so I mostly ignored that line.

fnord

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Re: Missing Ingredients!
Reply #17 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jul 13th, 2011 at 1:33pm:

Try using the bag's filter function to get the plants to show up.  Someone else posted that their epic ingredients were all missing, but typing "epi" into the filter made them suddenly appear.

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Re: Missing Ingredients!
Reply #18 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 1:53pm
Print Post  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Cor
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
Hmm... they took the whole system down.

I blame Pope.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #20 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
I just got kicked out of the crafting hall.  I guess they finally noticed the zillions of people using the autoclickers.

Edit:  I only got 8000 XP because my son kept wanting me to help him get past boss monsters in Mario Galaxy.  Smiley
« Last Edit: Jul 13th, 2011 at 3:25pm by popejubal »  

fnord

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #21 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=329296

The Cannith Crafting system is temporarily unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience. - Tolero

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Cor
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Jul 13th, 2011 at 3:21pm:
I just got kicked out of the crafting hall.  I guess they finally noticed the zillions of people using the autoclickers.

Did they really not know that this method existed?  And that the only limiter was the time it took to click the button?

We weren't exactly quiet about it.  There was tons of discussion about it on the forums.  You'd the mods would've looked into whether they should consider it an exploit or not.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #23 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
Cor wrote on Jul 13th, 2011 at 3:25pm:
Did they really not know that this method existed?  And that the only limiter was the time it took to click the button?

We weren't exactly quiet about it.  There was tons of discussion about it on the forums.  You'd the mods would've looked into whether they should consider it an exploit or not.

I don't think that is the issue.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #24 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
Rush out changes without testing...close them 5 hours after the patch.  Awesome.  The never learn...

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint