Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Crafting Hall Is Closed (Read 7004 times)
Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Re: Crafting Hall Is Closed
Reply #25 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jul 13th, 2011 at 6:25pm:
viola??  Grin

Well he's right, using that method all items would be viola-free, until bards can craft new lutes of course.

IP Logged

blackwolfe
Waterworks Kobold

I like pie!!

Reply #26 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 6:52pm
Print Post  
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=329346

The REAL reason the crafting hall is closed....

Blackwolfe / Blaack / Blaacker / Blaacksong / Blaackfoot / Blaackfeet / Blackjaack / Blaacklisted / RifffRafff

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #27 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
You know what's fucking awesome.  My bank toons are in the crafting hall and it's loading to a big brown empty and crashing.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Selee
Abbot Raider

Reply #28 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jul 13th, 2011 at 7:06pm:
You know what's fucking awesome.  My bank toons are in the crafting hall and it's loading to a big brown empty and crashing.

Well there's a reason they are called turd-bine.

I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves. - Ronald Reagan
Nice is for cowards and democrats - Red

IP Logged

woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Reply #29 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jul 13th, 2011 at 7:06pm:

Thats not good news. Thats usually where I park all my toons before log out. Undecided

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
woody wrote on Jul 13th, 2011 at 7:14pm:
Thats not good news. Thats usually where I park all my toons before log out. Undecided

inb4'beta'

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #31 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
Looks like after 2 crashes I'm out...nice.

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

Almostelvis
Korthos Resident

Khyber Elvis!

Reply #32 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jul 13th, 2011 at 4:29pm:
Wow...55 Vault viewers right now. I wonder what they're here for??  Wink

People always come here after Turbine Screws something up. 
People want facts and a timeline of events, not a bunch of deleted or closed threads. 

In my opinion this watered down 10.1 patch is just plain bad for the game. 
Turbine's PR nightmare from this rivals the Mabar/Maban event of last year... Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #33 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 10:55pm
Print Post  
It just occurred to me that this may get rid of most of the lag we've been having since U9.  If there's a noticeable difference tonight, we need to raise as big of a stink about it as possible.   Grin

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #34 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 12:06am
Print Post  
To me, it seemed like there was less lag. Did two ToDs and there was no lag in either.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #35 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 12:58am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jul 14th, 2011 at 12:06am:
To me, it seemed like there was less lag. Did two ToDs and there was no lag in either.

Well today when I was trying to use the mailbox to send cookies it would take a good 10 to 20 seconds for something to go. also the on the party panel it said i was able to join groups for quests I didn't own, the game thought I owned every pack. also half the people i talked to said that the DDO store was completely broken for them.

Gameplay itself wasn't lagging at all though. Well there was this one quest but that was icestorm happy sorcerer lag not Turbine lag.

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

Mehdik
Korthos Resident

I will eat your children.

Reply #36 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 3:27am
Print Post  
Turbine has always = fail. They have been in denial for what 5 years (and through 2 lawsuits)? (for 5 years I been running around the same tiny cit when other MMOs have WORLDS to explore!?)That's why this game failed and they are STILL in denial. You get what you pay for and if all you can afford is hack programmers then all you get is a hack game. Fact: people will always find ways to exploit weak coding. That said, I hope both the guys that found this hack and the guys who reported it got banned forever. No one likes a snitch. You're telling me they just all of a sudden caught this AFTER it's been on Lammania the supposed TEST server where little to no testing gets done? Ridiculous. The only reason I play this game is because of excellent combat (usually) and GOOD GOOD friend. Other than that, I'd be gone like hundreds of thousands of others. Just this week I saw a few f2p noobs quit forever over shit they found out about DDO. Somebody's got to tell 'em. If this game was THAT good then people would not often be in PnP groups which they are.

Call me a dick, whatevs.

IP Logged

Mehdik
Korthos Resident

I will eat your children.

Reply #37 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 3:30am
Print Post  
Oh, one more thing... the uprising of protest mobs outside the crafting hall ALL DAY today was total lols. Like the government often does, this system has failed. I won't be at all surprised to see Loot Boosts, Xp bonuses, and Renown boosts for the coming weeks... F U turbine. do it right for once ffs. The new crafting system is ass, and if anyone who hasn't already gotten to level 100 gets past level 91 before they run out of shards I will be surprised as fuck.

IP Logged

Dingalbarian
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 5:45am
Print Post  
My understanding of the exploit was this

Select the recipe (with all ingredients in bags) and then immediately open a trade window and pass the bag to a friend. Hit craft and the recipe would still work.

This was able to be repeated ad infinitum in addition to store consumables not being consumed upon use.

Finally (Not that Turbine cares about this one) you get 100% of ingredients consumed on a failed recipe even if you're 85% chance of success so trying to make anything was a gigantic risk.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #39 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 7:42am
Print Post  
Mehdik wrote on Jul 14th, 2011 at 3:27am:
Turbine has always = fail. They have been in denial for what 5 years (and through 2 lawsuits)? (for 5 years I been running around the same tiny cit when other MMOs have WORLDS to explore!?)That's why this game failed and they are STILL in denial. You get what you pay for and if all you can afford is hack programmers then all you get is a hack game. Fact: people will always find ways to exploit weak coding. That said, I hope both the guys that found this hack and the guys who reported it got banned forever. No one likes a snitch. You're telling me they just all of a sudden caught this AFTER it's been on Lammania the supposed TEST server where little to no testing gets done? Ridiculous. The only reason I play this game is because of excellent combat (usually) and GOOD GOOD friend. Other than that, I'd be gone like hundreds of thousands of others. Just this week I saw a few f2p noobs quit forever over shit they found out about DDO. Somebody's got to tell 'em. If this game was THAT good then people would not often be in PnP groups which they are.

Call me a dick, whatevs.

Wow, looks like this drew all the cunts out of the woodwork.

Quote:

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #40 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 9:00am
Print Post  
Selee wrote on Jul 13th, 2011 at 6:02pm:
My guess (I am at work so I can't be sure) is that the exploit had something to do with the "pulling ingredients from bags" code.  Like maybe load up a recipe, have the recipe see that your ingredients are in the bag, pull the ingredients out of the bag, hit craft, and viola - free stuff because the ingredients are no longer in the bag to decrease.

It can even see how someone discovered it too - They are crafting from the bag and someone tells them that you don't lose all your ingredients if you pull them from the bag and poof - free shards.

Dingalbarian wrote on Jul 14th, 2011 at 5:45am:
My understanding of the exploit was this

Select the recipe (with all ingredients in bags) and then immediately open a trade window and pass the bag to a friend. Hit craft and the recipe would still work.

This was able to be repeated ad infinitum in addition to store consumables not being consumed upon use.

Chew on this:

Just think about the implications of this for other Cannith-type crafting.

Suppose there was a bug where not only could you get free shards, you could get FREE +3 TOMES! That was the implication of a post I saw on the DDO Forums before it was yanked.
« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2011 at 9:05am by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #41 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 9:02am
Print Post  
Did they really allow you to swap backwards?  If so, that's hysterical. 

I didn't even bother to check that because they'd have to be INCREDIBLY stupid to let that happen.

fnord

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #42 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 9:11am
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Jul 14th, 2011 at 9:02am:

I didn't even bother to check that because they'd have to be INCREDIBLY stupid to let that happen.

Umm, it is Turbine....

Just Saying.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #43 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 9:20am
Print Post  

Call me a dick, whatevs.

You should lay off the drugs.

-Waters

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #44 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 9:23am
Print Post  

It sounds like someone put the bag ingredient checklist function BEFORE the craft button callback.  Doh!

-Waters

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 9:33am
Print Post  

Call me a dick, whatevs.

You're a dick.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #46 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 9:40am
Print Post  

I just tried that in Llama-land and I was not able to trade Purified whatevers in for +3 Tomes.  I did notice that trading in larger numbers of Astral Diamonds gives you more Purified things per AD than trading them one at a time, but "reverse" trades didn't seem possible.

And yes, that does mean that crafting is still available on Llama-land.

fnord

IP Logged

Memnir
Shroud Slacker

A little bit different

Reply #47 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 9:44am
Print Post  
Is the crafting on Llama the one that has been there for a week - or is it the crafting they bull-rushed onto the Live servers?

To stop a nosebleed: apply pressure
To start a nosebleed: apply greater pressure in short, rapid bursts

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #48 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 9:56am
Print Post  
Memnir wrote on Jul 14th, 2011 at 9:44am:
Is the crafting on Llama the one that has been there for a week - or is it the crafting they bull-rushed onto the Live servers?

I don't think they ever put the current version of 10.1 on Lamma.

-Waters

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #49 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 9:57am
Print Post