Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) 10.2 Release Notes (Read 11778 times)
Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

10.2 Release Notes
Jul 19th, 2011 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
Lammania Release Notes: Update 10 Patch 2

Welcome to the Lammania Update 10 Patch 2 Release Notes for Dungeons & Dragons Online! These release notes were posted on Tuesday, July 19th, 2011. These notes are subject to change.

News & Notes

Of Special Note:

Crafting Beta

Fixed an issue where 100% of required ingredients would be consumed from crafting bags upon a crafting failure.
    Fixed an issue that caused more ingredients than intended to be used when crafting greensteel gloves.
    Experience and gold is no longer awarded upon shard and crafted item deconstruction.
    Recipes requiring arrows will now automatically add ingredients when selected. Arrows can also be dragged manually into crafting devices.
    Crafting and deconstruction UIs will no longer need to be closed and reopened after use.
    Items acquired from the crafting tutorial are now Bound to Character.
    Adamantine Ore will now stack high enough to allow the stacks to be used for certain Construct Bane crafting recipes.
    +3 Tomes are no longer an ingredient option to acquire Purified Eberron Dragonshard Fragments.
    Two new items can now be purchased from Silver Flame and Yugoloth patron vendors called "Mark of the Silver Flame" and "Mark of the Yugoloth" that can be used for high-level Cannith crafting recipes. These items can also be found randomly in chests and end rewards. Randomly-acquired marks are unbound, while vendor-purchased marks are Bound to Account.
    Several high level Cannith crafting recipes have had their ingredient requirements changed, including shards for Holy Burst and Attack Bonus +4.

General Changes

Items

Cannith Crafting ingredients have returned to chests.
    Purified Eberron Dragonshard Fragments can now appear in chests and end rewards.

Known Issues

Known issues are now available, click here!

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Jaxx
Fleet Admiral

Re: 10.2 Release Notes
Reply #1 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
Great, now when will it actually go live Roll Eyes..................

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #2 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
Two new items can now be purchased from Silver Flame and Yugoloth patron vendors called "Mark of the Silver Flame" and "Mark of the Yugoloth" that can be used for high-level Cannith crafting recipes. These items can also be found randomly in chests and end rewards. Randomly-acquired marks are unbound, while vendor-purchased marks are Bound to Account.

I like that they listened to feedback on this one.

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #3 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jul 19th, 2011 at 12:28pm:
Experience and gold is no longer awarded upon shard and crafted item deconstruction.

Agree on the gold, but probably the wrong direction to go on the XP for decons.

Instead of 1/2/3/4/5, shift it to 0/2/4/6/8 and you fix it and still give a little perk for deconning items on one particular character. Meh.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #4 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
Glenalth wrote on Jul 19th, 2011 at 12:45pm:
Agree on the gold, but probably the wrong direction to go on the XP for decons.

Instead of 1/2/3/4/5, shift it to 0/2/4/6/8 and you fix it and still give a little perk for deconning items on one particular character. Meh.

Meh, I wasn't fond of the craft 10000 level 1 shards then deconstruct them for 1 xp each thing.   You still get XP for deconning loot items I'm not broken up about losing it for shards and crafted.  Crafting should be fluid and part of the game not something you can grind with an autoclicker.

Quote:

IP Logged

Asketes
Puppy Farmer

Perma

Reply #5 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 1:07pm
Print Post  

lol

IP Logged

Asketes
Puppy Farmer

Perma

Reply #6 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
Madfloyd's "State of Crafting"

Quote:
I thought I'd take this time to answer some of the questions about where crafting is headed.

I will be updating this post periodically to expand on some of these answers and include answers to additional questions.

Q. Why is crafting in 'beta'?
A. Crafting is a large, complex system that we knew was going to evolve and for which we wanted a variety of feedback. While we knew we would get some amount of feedback from our restricted Mournlands server, we wanted to ensure that we were hearing from a wider audience with different play styles (casual versus veterans etc).

Q. Who is crafting intended for?
A. Players of all levels and playstyles who are attracted to this type of activity. It exists as an alternate avenue to acquire gear, where players can have a higher degree of control over the gear they acquire, even if it does take some time.

Q. Why does deconstructing items give platinum?
A. There is an obvious cost to deconstructing items that effects low level players much more than high level players. To help offset this, players will automatically sell recyclable materials left over from deconstruction. Higher level items produce less raw materials than lower level ones.

Q. Will I be able to make better items than raid loot?
A. Not at this time. Raid loot is currently has the highest level of items in the game. It is possible that in the future we consider including a crafting avenue to enhance existing raid loot, but we have no firm plans at the moment.

Q. Why do some higher level recipes require rare ingredients?
A. As designers, we have an obligation to balance the game. Some of the higher level recipes can result in very powerful items. Since players really only need one crafter for all their characters, we want to ensure that it's not just all about reaching the required crafting level, but having the appropriate ingredients so that making a number of these items isn't trivial.

Q. Why Purified Eberron Dragonshard Fragments?
A. This is way for us to introduce flexibilty for players. It's a way allowing a recipe to accept a number of different substitutes for an ingredient. Purified Eberron Dragonshard Fragments will appear in treasure chests, but can also be bartered for using a variety of different items.

Q. Why allow Astral Diamonds to be bartered for Purified Eberron Dragonshard Fragments?
A. Astral Diamonds were conceived as a different type of currency in game. Yes, they are available in the store for convenience purposes, but they also drop in game. We have increased the drop rate of these in Update 10 Patch 2.

Q. What is the highest level of bound recipes? Will it go higher?
A. At the moment, 100. This may be increased in the future as we add more recipes.

Q. Will the crafting limit change in Update 11?
A. Bound recipes will remain capped at level 100, unbound will increase to 150. Udpate 11 will see some additional recipes at various levels beween 1 & 100.

Q. Any other crafting changes in Update 11?
A. We expect to make further balance changes based on feedback from Update 10Patches 1 & 2. The reason for Update 10 Patch 2 was to fix some mechanical errors with crafting, not balance changes. That said, we have managed to include a few balance changes in order get further feedback, but additional changes will most likely go into Update 11.

Q. What can I do to improve crafting?
A. Give us your feedback as constructively as you can. It's in everyone's best interest for us to make crafting as fun and fair as we can. We need your feedback. If you don't feel comfortable posting on the forums, please PM myself (MadFloyd).

Thanks in advance for your participation and feedback.
« Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2011 at 1:18pm by Asketes »  

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #7 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jul 19th, 2011 at 12:49pm:
Meh, I wasn't fond of the craft 10000 level 1 shards then deconstruct them for 1 xp each thing.   You still get XP for deconning loot items I'm not broken up about losing it for shards and crafted.  Crafting should be fluid and part of the game not something you can grind with an autoclicker.

How about grinding without an auto clicker à la every other grind in the game (DT, Epic Items etc)?

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #8 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jul 19th, 2011 at 1:44pm:
How about grinding without an auto clicker à la every other grind in the game (DT, Epic Items etc)?

DDO is the no grind MMO.

Quote:

IP Logged

Mister_Peace
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
MadFloyd's "state of crafting" post is a step in a great direction.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
Overall, I'm ok with the changes.

Doesn't mean I'm gonna grind anymore, but I think it is a good thing that turbine is sticking to their idea, yet still open and able to change it up on the fly.

We all knew that when a custom crafting system came out, it would be either perfect, or in need of desperate tweaking.

IP Logged

Draz
Korthos Resident

You need some drazinyourpants™.

Reply #11 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
Quote:
We all knew that when a custom crafting system came out, it would be either perfect, or in need of desperate tweaking.

I agree with you.  The main thing I am hearing and voicing is that instead of making new crafting ingredients they should make more use out of current gems and collectibles.  We use a couple of collectibles now but we literally have 100's to be able to use.

Ex.  You want an undead bane sure use some finger bones or funeral tokens, you want a greater undead bane use necromantic gems and so forth and so on.  But it seems no one likes that idea.  Cry

Draz

Official Customer Service Rep of drazinyourpants™ brand product to the Prophets of the New Republic.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #12 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
Draz wrote on Jul 19th, 2011 at 2:40pm:
But it seems no one likes that idea.

I do Draz! I have been saving all my collectibles forever!

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Cor
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
The main thing I am hearing and voicing is that instead of making new crafting ingredients they should make more use out of current gems and collectibles.

Hell no on gems.  If I have to start weeding "good" gems from junk ones instead of just clicking "sell gems" I'll be very irritated.

Even collectibles I can't say I'm fond of.  They drop proportionately to how many nodes you click.  Not how many quests your complete, or how challenging those quests are.  At least currently, essences are acquired roughly in proportion to the level of quests you run.  And even then, I don't think there's enough reward for pursuing challenge.

If collectibles become important, the optimal way to craft is to farm things like Tangleroot over and over.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jul 19th, 2011 at 2:42pm:

That's because, due to your senility, you forget to turn them in.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #15 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jul 19th, 2011 at 2:42pm:

Same here, after they implemented SoC crafting i held every collectible I pulled because I knew they would fuck me again some day if I turned them in.

Quote:

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #16 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
I agree with you.  The main thing I am hearing and voicing is that instead of making new crafting ingredients they should make more use out of current gems and collectibles.  We use a couple of collectibles now but we literally have 100's to be able to use.

Ex.  You want an undead bane sure use some finger bones or funeral tokens, you want a greater undead bane use necromantic gems and so forth and so on.  But it seems no one likes that idea.  Cry

Draz

I like it.  I'm afraid it is way too logical to actually see the light of day, though.

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
We have a guy in our guild who has been saving every gem since he started playing (over 5 years ago) in the hopes that someday they will be worth something.

He did the same thing with collectibles and felt vindicated for his OCDness when they were announced as crafting ingredients.

We do enjoying busting his chops about it.  Grin
« Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2011 at 3:07pm by bob the builder »  

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #18 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 3:11pm
Print Post  
Cor wrote on Jul 19th, 2011 at 2:46pm:
Hell no on gems.  If I have to start weeding "good" gems from junk ones instead of just clicking "sell gems" I'll be very irritated.

Even collectibles I can't say I'm fond of.  They drop proportionately to how many nodes you click.  Not how many quests your complete, or how challenging those quests are.  At least currently, essences are acquired roughly in proportion to the level of quests you run.  And even then, I don't think there's enough reward for pursuing challenge.

If collectibles become important, the optimal way to craft is to farm things like Tangleroot over and over.

It already is.  Here's how you craft in DDO, prior to U9

Grind the Shroud for greensteel
Grind Reaver's Refuge for runes
Grind Tangleroot/Enemy Within for dusts
Grind ice jumps for coins
Grind Kobold Assault for prayer beads (like anyone really needs more of these, but wutevah)
etc.

With the addition of new collectibles, now you might do things like:

Grind Delera's for funerary tokens
Grind Tears of Dhakaan for signets
Grind Waterworks for whitecaps

I'm not seeing much of a difference, except that they are making better use of something that is currently 95% ignored.

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

Joe User
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 3:29pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jul 19th, 2011 at 12:28pm:
Recipes requiring arrows will now automatically add ingredients when selected. Arrows can also be dragged manually into crafting devices.

Yeah bitches!  Suck it!  I've got stacks of hundreds/thousands of +5 arrows!  Bow down to..

huh?

Arrows are only used to craft deception weapons?  Fuck it.

How do I cancel a post again?

/quit
« Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2011 at 3:29pm by Joe User »  

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #20 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 3:33pm
Print Post  

Draz

Yup, they already had ingredients in place to limit recipes if they wanted, they just failed to build upon what they already had and went with a new system. It's happened every single time any sort of crafting has been implemented in the game.

IP Logged

Joe User
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
Hey, I don't envy them for having to design a crafting system.  I think just about every option has a drawback.  For people who only play a melee, using soul gems sucks (unless you really want to grind out shrouds to farm larges to craft greensteel items - just to get the gems)

Honestly, what they should do is come up with some new collectables and make the new crafting take new collectibles.  Nobody would have a stockpile, it would keep things under control.   Shocked
« Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2011 at 3:50pm by Joe User »  

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
Hate to say it, since I'm mostly capped on crafting, but the more I see the way they're taking this, the more it looks like they're just trying to slow crap down for most folks so they don't have to actually review real content that we actually run based on reasonable gear levels.
« Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2011 at 5:06pm by »  

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #23 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
Asketes wrote on Jul 19th, 2011 at 1:14pm:
Madfloyd's "State of Crafting"

Where did that come from?  I can't see it in the dev tracker.  Or I'm just blind again.

fnord

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #24 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Jul 19th, 2011 at 5:16pm:
Where did that come from?  I can't see it in the dev tracker.  Or I'm just blind again.

Check Lam

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint