Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Another Snootch gem (Read 13816 times)
Asketes
Puppy Farmer

Perma

Re: Another Snootch gem
Reply #25 - Jul 21st, 2011 at 7:18am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Jul 21st, 2011 at 5:43am:
I was thinking for Co6.  I mean really, unless gianthold got the nerfbat pretty hard, a lot of those mobs were hitting my ac build at 76 ac almost every hit.  So if 50 is viable there, GH got nerfed hard.  I don't think that happened though.  To be fair, it has been around two years since I had an ac build.

50 is great running through it, (55-60 for elites)

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #26 - Jul 21st, 2011 at 7:20am
Print Post  
Updawg wrote on Jul 20th, 2011 at 4:34pm:
I have grouped with these Lumberjack Plainsmen and while I prefer to zerg, these guys are too slow to dungeon crawl. I did a 97 minute Coal Chamber with them.

OMFG. Why did you stay?

That's up there with the hour and a quarter Walk the Butcher's Path I was subjected to once by fellow guildies in the DO NOT WANT category.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #27 - Jul 21st, 2011 at 8:15am
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Jul 21st, 2011 at 7:20am:
OMFG. Why did you stay?

That's up there with the hour and a quarter Walk the Butcher's Path I was subjected to once by fellow guildies in the DO NOT WANT category.

I think I made it clear as to why.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #28 - Jul 21st, 2011 at 8:16am
Print Post  
Asketes wrote on Jul 21st, 2011 at 7:18am:
50 is great running through it, (55-60 for elites)

Wow, it got hit hard with the nerf bat then.  Unless the cats are still the same in maze of retardation.

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #29 - Jul 21st, 2011 at 8:30am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Jul 21st, 2011 at 8:16am:
Wow, it got hit hard with the nerf bat then.  Unless the cats are still the same in maze of retardation.

Yeah, when I ran my 'sploiter through I was untouched at about 55-60.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #30 - Jul 21st, 2011 at 8:33am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jul 21st, 2011 at 8:30am:
Yeah, when I ran my 'sploiter through I was untouched at about 55-60.   

Neato - I think with my melee tr's I am going to throw some ac in with them then.  I have all the gear for it anyways.  I'm cheap and it will save a bundle on scrolls, wands and pots!

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Bahgoon
Stormreaver Piker

Get off my lawn!

Reply #31 - Jul 21st, 2011 at 12:16pm
Print Post  
Sorry, I normally only lurk hereabouts but saw this gem of a response on Snootch's forum. Just had to share.

Quote:
I posted this last article on my My.DDO webpage. The gimps came marching in with their alts. I don't post idiot comments, so you won't read what they had to say there. I did let Apep post his comment there, though, but he is one of those folks that you'd rather avoid in this community. I played with him before, and he is weak in personality. He has invested a lot of his life into this video game though is not as confrontational on his main account as the others have been with whom he hangs around. Apep wants to be friends with the abusers of the DDO Community, which is unfortunate. I approved his comment on my profile page because it helped clarify what I was saying. I do hope that Apep grows some strength and stops abetting the abusers of this community, however.

It has been about five months since my first-ever post on my My.DDO profile page. Since then, I have not had anyone properly counter any of my views, which has led me realize how right I have been all along. I wish I could have been told in a better way, but this is how life works sometimes. The mosquitoes of the community still vie for my attention, but they remain worthless to the DDO Community, as they already know. The jealous little mouse clicks prove who carries the authority here and who does not. They don't have what it takes to be me, so they vote on how they feel about that.

It feels good to be right, I must say. Let them fawn.

I would guess he is a cult leader in real life, but D&D is associated with 'De Debil!!' so that makes me think he is just a random megalomaniac.

Edit - formatted better
« Last Edit: Jul 21st, 2011 at 1:37pm by Bahgoon »  

The various modes of worship which prevailed in the Roman world were all considered by the people as equally true; by the philosopher as equally false; and by the magistrate as equally useful.   - Edward Gibbon

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #32 - Jul 21st, 2011 at 12:18pm
Print Post  
Bahgoon wrote on Jul 21st, 2011 at 12:16pm:
Sorry, I normally only lurk hereabouts but saw this gem of a response on Snootch's forum. Just had to share.
I would guess he is a cult leader in real life, but D&D is associated with 'De Debil!!' so that makes me think he is just a random megalomaniac.

« Last Edit: Jul 21st, 2011 at 12:20pm by Eladiun »  

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #33 - Jul 21st, 2011 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
Bahgoon wrote on Jul 21st, 2011 at 12:16pm:

I think he is a little scary to be truthful. Imagine having him as a neighbor?

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #34 - Jul 21st, 2011 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jul 21st, 2011 at 12:18pm:

Smiley

IP Logged

Jalora
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Jul 21st, 2011 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jul 21st, 2011 at 12:37pm:
I think he is a little scary to be truthful. Imagine having him as a neighbor?

I was actually discussing it the other day with a friend of mine at Johns Hopkins.  He said that the self-affirming, denial of any opposing views (because Snootch deletes them), and the belief that players in DDO are creating massive amounts of alt accounts to harass him are clearly signs of schizophrenia.  Really no surprise there.

He went on to state that studied cult leaders generally have an array of issues, bio-polar disorder, and schizophrenia are two of the most common.  A person suffering from schizo has difficulty with reality and it's quite easy to become very charismatic to weaker minded individuals with explanations of things that defy the norm (i.e. expected patterns of behavior and such).  His professional opinion was that Snootch/Godh is likely a very lonely individual (despite being married this is very common) who had a very disturbing childhood. It's likely he suffers from both schizoaffective and delusional disorders.  Not a particularly good mix.  Best to avoid he said.

His quote...."sometimes people just go batshit crazy"....

he also stated that the "God Country Family" tag and his constant usage of the word pure implys something far more nefarious that I haven't seen brought up.  lol.
« Last Edit: Jul 21st, 2011 at 1:31pm by Jalora »  

IP Logged

Cor
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Jul 21st, 2011 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
I like how apep's post was strictly factual and constructive, yet Snootch acts like it was some major concession to the "abusers" to allow it to appear.

IP Logged

slothinator
Waterworks Kobold

You're doing it wrong

Reply #37 - Jul 21st, 2011 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
"Since then, I have not had anyone properly counter any of my views, which has led me realize how right I have been all along."

This is the line I find most telling. Multiple people - here, the other forum, in game, and on his site - have pointed out the weaknesses of his builds and why certain traits - heavy fort, con - are so desirable to any build, not just melees. He simply dismisses the counter arguments and continues to preach his gospel. Pointing anything out to him is futile, because he simply will not listen to reason or explanation. I almost want to roll a toon on his server - Argo, right? - so I can witness this nonsense first hand.

On Sarlona: Abbracadaver - Stethos - Shaigh Hulud - Stelvar - Saltmint - Soundwaive - Kuddlefish - Fujihowser MD - Blayddlokk - Redraligan

Member of Giants of Winter and Old Night

IP Logged

apep
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Jul 21st, 2011 at 2:03pm
Print Post  
Jalora wrote on Jul 21st, 2011 at 1:24pm:
His professional opinion was that Snootch/Godh is likely a very lonely individual (despite being married this is very common) who had a very disturbing childhood.

Not too hard for this to happen. An isolated childhood probably got him into video games (or vice-versa). I expect if he was home-schooled or from a very 'traditional' community, he would have trouble transitioning smoothly into a diverse world. These two ideas seem to conflict, so there was probably some unique circumstances.

Given his extremely religious stance, it's likely that he finds some form of comfort or expertise in this area, I would guess.

Overall, the mixture of DDO and his religious stance, as previously mentioned, is fairly odd.

As per him treating my post as some form of attack: I presented, on this forum, an encounter I had with him in a pug group. He seemed to take offense to this.
Also, someone else might have manufactured a motivation for me to be in the pug and told him.
He seems to want to believe the worst in people; believing that we see the game the same way he does, but we're just 'evil'.
« Last Edit: Jul 21st, 2011 at 2:05pm by apep »  

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Jul 21st, 2011 at 11:38pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Jul 21st, 2011 at 5:45am:
Since it can be soloed within 15 minutes...

How do you solo coal chamber in 15 minutes?  I can do maybe 30 on my caster. 

Seriously, I'm looking for some tips.

IP Logged

furbyoats
Stormreaver Piker

One stroke at a time...

Reply #40 - Jul 21st, 2011 at 11:52pm
Print Post  
Quote:
It has been about five months since my first-ever post on my My.DDO profile page. Since then, I have not had anyone properly counter any of my views, which has led me realize how right I have been all along. I wish I could have been told in a better way, but this is how life works sometimes. The mosquitoes of the community still vie for my attention, but they remain worthless to the DDO Community, as they already know. The jealous little mouse clicks prove who carries the authority here and who does not. They don't have what it takes to be me, so they vote on how they feel about that.

narcissism anyone?

Ungood wrote on Jul 29th, 2011 at 2:17pm:
Queens don't have dicks.

Atenhotep wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 1:56am:
I spend every evening naked in a fetal position crying because my penis is so small.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #41 - Jul 22nd, 2011 at 6:02am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Jul 21st, 2011 at 11:38pm:
How do you solo coal chamber in 15 minutes?  I can do maybe 30 on my caster. 

Seriously, I'm looking for some tips. 

There is only 1 situation in which you stop.  That is to open doors, or have bats do it for you. 

Also, after you get the last key, instead of making your way back to the shrine - go back the way you came and take the wind shoot up.  The one that is red even after you hit the switch, it turns green when it is time to head to the last objective - boss killin.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

apep
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 1:37am
Print Post  
Ooh, another post on his website.

Very interesting stuff. Unfortunately, solid evidence can't hold up to the word of Godh Almighty™, except to all the abusers in the community.

Am I the only one that finds it funny that he mentions this place as a 'hide-out' of sorts for abusers, while he uses his own forums in the way he's describing.
« Last Edit: Jul 27th, 2011 at 1:39am by apep »  

IP Logged

Kothar11
Korthos Resident

It's Just a Fuckin Game!

Reply #43 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 1:55am
Print Post  
Having played both sorc and wiz to cap i have found my ac to be lacking after this awesome build i wish i would have done it. I like the idea of riding in a bag the whole quest.  Smiley

It's Just a GAME!

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #44 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 2:21am
Print Post  
apep wrote on Jul 27th, 2011 at 1:37am:

Very interesting stuff. Unfortunately, solid evidence can't hold up to the word of Godh Almighty™, except to all the abusers in the community.

Am I the only one that finds it funny that he mentions this place as a 'hide-out' of sorts for abusers, while he uses his own forums in the way he's describing.

I think it's funny that he blames you for doing the puzzle instead of "contributing DPS".

IP Logged

Jalora
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 7:03am
Print Post  
apep wrote on Jul 27th, 2011 at 1:37am:

Same ol' Snootch.  Though apparently he did learn the word "wussie".....

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #46 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 9:08am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Jul 22nd, 2011 at 6:02am:
There is only 1 situation in which you stop.  That is to open doors, or have bats do it for you. 

Also, after you get the last key, instead of making your way back to the shrine - go back the way you came and take the wind shoot up.  The one that is red even after you hit the switch, it turns green when it is time to head to the last objective - boss killin.

Nice.  I didn't know about that part.

fnord

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #47 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 9:17am
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Jul 27th, 2011 at 9:08am:
Nice.  I didn't know about that part.

Bats are awesome, if on elite and you have gimpish hp, they disable the traps as well.  Bats are the bees knees.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

apep
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 10:34am
Print Post  
Quote:
I think it's funny that he blames you for doing the puzzle instead of "contributing DPS".

Here's the funny part: I was kiting. I only attempted to solve the puzzle after everyone else died.
« Last Edit: Jul 27th, 2011 at 10:37am by apep »  

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 11:09am
Print Post  
apep wrote on Jul 27th, 2011 at 10:34am:
Here's the funny part: I was kiting. I only attempted to solve the puzzle after everyone else died.

Wait...what?!?  I read his entire post on his board and thought you guys wiped earlier.  You wiped at the end of the quest doing the puzzle and he complained you didn't contribute dps?!?  I really don't know what to say to that.  Why are you dps'ing there anyways.  Kite it or something until the competent person doing the puzzle finishes it. Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint