Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Another Snootch gem (Read 13828 times)
woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Re: Another Snootch gem
Reply #50 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 11:15am
Print Post  
Darkrok wrote on Jul 27th, 2011 at 11:09am:
Kite it or something until the competent person doing the puzzle finishes it

I think your problem might lie in the use of this word. Grin

The typical pug tactic that I've seen/used is to have a melee/high hp kite the scorp around the outside while being chased by a healer/bard while the others work on the puzzle. If the decided to send the party after the scorp instead then yeah. doomed to fail.

IP Logged

apep
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #51 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 11:29am
Print Post  
Darkrok wrote on Jul 27th, 2011 at 11:09am:
Wait...what?!?  I read his entire post on his board and thought you guys wiped earlier.  You wiped at the end of the quest doing the puzzle and he complained you didn't contribute dps?!?  I really don't know what to say to that.  Why are you dps'ing there anyways.  Kite it or something until the competent person doing the puzzle finishes it. Smiley

The rest of the party did wipe, twice. Then I carried their soulstones to shrines, once on the first floor and the other on the second.

The first time, a couple casters came up behind godh while everyone else was killing things infront. During that, the fighter and caster also died. Later on the first floor, the ranger wandered off by himself and hit a trap and the rogue snuck into a group of monks and kited them around the entire first floor, gathering other mobs before I could pick them all off.

The second time, the rogue couldn't do the ceiling area and godh walked into trying to raise her from above. I went in after a bit and preceded to the second floor with just me and the caster alive. He died soon after (fleshie archmage).

Edit: It was elite, so there was trash in the end room.
« Last Edit: Jul 27th, 2011 at 11:39am by apep »  

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #52 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
apep wrote on Jul 27th, 2011 at 11:29am:
The second time, the rogue couldn't do the ceiling area

I just ran into this recently in a group...what kind of save does it take to do this without perfectly navigating the spikes?  I know that my wiz/rog's 33 reflex save was woefully inadequate - I needed to make a single save on the way to the rune and failed on a 14 - but is it reasonable to get enough reflex save or is it more something that you have to do perfectly on elite?

IP Logged

apep
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #53 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 2:03pm
Print Post  
The required save on elite appears to be 63, assuming the spike traps in the halls and the pikes on the ceiling have the same save. That is to say, the total roll needs to be 63, so having more than 61 would do no good.

Something that I found odd during the run was that he actually asked for everyone's reflex saves before sending the rogue in first. It turned out that my reflex save was equal to the rogue's before trap-save bonuses. Of course, I never had to make a save up there.
« Last Edit: Jul 27th, 2011 at 2:04pm by apep »  

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
apep wrote on Jul 27th, 2011 at 2:03pm:
The required save on elite appears to be 63, assuming the spike traps in the halls and the pikes on the ceiling have the same save. That is to say, the total roll needs to be 63, so having more than 61 would do no good.

Something that I found odd during the run was that he actually asked for everyone's reflex saves before sending the rogue in first. It turned out that my reflex save was equal to the rogue's before trap-save bonuses. Of course, I never had to make a save up there.

I suck at missing the spikes on the last part.  I do much better just going through the last spike on the wall right before the rune.  One saving throw versus the possibility that I screw up again and end up with 10-15 is a no-brainer...that is assuming I can get a meaningful save there which sounds unlikely. Smiley
« Last Edit: Jul 27th, 2011 at 5:28pm by Darkrok »  

IP Logged

furbyoats
Stormreaver Piker

One stroke at a time...

Reply #55 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
apep wrote on Jul 27th, 2011 at 2:03pm:

It's obviously your fault. Why didn't you do more DPS to Sanyassi? sheesh...

Ungood wrote on Jul 29th, 2011 at 2:17pm:
Queens don't have dicks.

Atenhotep wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 1:56am:
I spend every evening naked in a fetal position crying because my penis is so small.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #56 - Jul 28th, 2011 at 5:41am
Print Post  
OMG, do you really need to know how to solo run that quest? What the fuck are guilds teaching people these days?

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint