Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Warchanter of Divine Vengeance, 32-Point Build (Read 9892 times)
Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Re: Warchanter of Divine Vengeance, 32-Point Build
Reply #25 - Aug 22nd, 2011 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
Been thinking of it already LOL...I should do that though!

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #26 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 9:01am
Print Post  
Well, the other day I said "screw it" and TR'd anyway even without any 20th completions. 

I did it because, in terms of current pre-U11 gear, I have pretty much everything I need and all that is left is stuff I currently want that will be icing at the moment.  I could use the Warchanter Band for when I get back to the orginal theme of the build, but I'm going to be someone else for quite a while and if I pull it great, if not I'll try to get it when I get back.

My first past life is a Monk one.  But despite all the help I've gotten from friends, I still really dislike playing a monk, so I'm going Human 12 Monk/8 Fighter so I can have tons of feats, some extra skill points, and rely on nearly no tomes for the build (I needed a +1 Dex on my 34pt version to qualify for an enhancment, but won't need any on my 36 pt version) saving those up for the end build and/or occasional use on a transitionary build.

I think, and folks any advice here is welcome, that I would like to zerg through the Monk past lives (another reason for the 12/8 build) with no stopping to smell the roses, but that on other past lives I may intersperse those with one past life built just for possible completionist down the road.

Since I'm relying at lower levels on my BTA Chrono gear, and at mid-levels on my BTC Red Fens gear and various other items and weapons that I have accumulated on this account since 2006, I'm not worried at all about gear for my needed lives nor for my intermediate ones.

My plan, so far, is thus:
1 Favored Soul Past Life (already done: the initial build generated a FvS PL)
3 Monk Lives
1 Paladin Life
1 Barbarian Life
1 Bard Life
1 Paladin Life
1 Fighter Life
1 Rogue Life
1 Bard Life
1 Paladin Life
1 Fighter Life
1 Rogue Life
1 Bard Life
1 Ranger Life
1 Fighter Life
Back to the Warchanter of Divine Vengeance

That way I'll end up with +3 Inherent Damage, +3 Inherent To Hit, Bonus to Sneak Attack (Flanking or when not having aggro...most of the time), 3 more songs between rests, +15% Inherent Healing Amplification, and a head start on Completionist with a Barbarian and a Ranger life thrown in there to break it up a bit and to give me +20 HPs and +2 to all Resists (I really couldn't care less about the + ranged to hit on this toon at final life).  What this leaves out is all the casting classes that will be a real chore to do for me if I do choose to go Completionist.

If folks think I should add 1 Sorc, 1 Wiz, 1 Cleric and 1 Artificer past life to the TR train, let me know where you think it would best fit for any flavor reason (benefits the next Past Life or is a perfect break in the monotony of another repeat of X life)...or even if I should do more than one of them and why.

Seriously, I can see doing only one PL of Sorc/Wiz/Cleric as they add little or nothing to the end-build but there may be something I'm missing about them that could help.  Artificer I can see doing more than one for the extra UMD but who the hell wants to run up a toon just for another UMD point when they are pretty much self-sufficient at UMD in the first place?

Well, that is the plan for now, let me know what y'all think I could do to improve it.

Thanks!

Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #27 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 9:27am
Print Post  
Need 1 more barb, 2 more fighter and 2 more pally for those numbers to come out right.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #28 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 10:59am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Aug 24th, 2011 at 9:27am:
Need 1 more barb, 2 more fighter and 2 more pally for those numbers to come out right.

Hmm...I see the Barb, but I already have 3 fighter and 3 pally lives on the list.  My understanding is that PL feats only stack up to 3 times...is that incorrect?

Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #29 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 11:07am
Print Post  
Hordo wrote on Aug 24th, 2011 at 10:59am:
Hmm...I see the Barb, but I already have 3 fighter and 3 pally lives on the list.  My understanding is that PL feats only stack up to 3 times...is that incorrect?

No, that's correct.  You need an additional Barb to make it +20 hp, but that's it.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #30 - Aug 25th, 2011 at 7:10am
Print Post  
So you did.  I thought you just listed the past lives and amount you were during.  It was to long so I skimmed it.  You still need another barb past life to make 20 hp though.  Barb is only 10.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #31 - Aug 25th, 2011 at 8:21am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Aug 25th, 2011 at 7:10am:
So you did.  I thought you just listed the past lives and amount you were during.  It was to long so I skimmed it.  You still need another barb past life to make 20 hp though.  Barb is only 10.

Yah, my bad! LOL

Thanks so much for the help though!

Bel pointed out that I'd probably just as well go for Completionist seeing as I'm already on an odyssey of TR pain and with the above listed what the heck is another 4 TRs gonna do but take a few more months to get to the end.

So, that having been said, I'm going to restructure the TR Train and insert one life each of Wizard, Sorcerer, Cleric and Artificer.    In order to do that, I'll likely run several Epics at level 20 to try to get as many tokens as possible to turn in for the TR wood.

Be warned, my fellow Khyberians, as there may be a Rabbi at your figurative doorstep begging for a place in your backpack for some help...especially when he is playing classes he rightfully has no place playing! LOL

Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint