Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Cannith crafting shard overwrite in 10.2 - gone? (Read 538 times)
Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Cannith crafting shard overwrite in 10.2 - gone?
Jul 25th, 2011 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
Read this at work, so I cannot confirm, but it appears that you cannot overwrite shards anymore.

I seriously wonder what is in the water in Boston, or at Turbine HQ at any rate. They've gotten about 50% right and 50% wrong with Cannith crafting, and appear to be working on eliminating the 50% of features that they got right.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Cor
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Cannith crafting shard overwrite in 10.2 - gone?
Reply #1 - Jul 25th, 2011 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
"Got right" is a bit of an overstatement.

The previous implementation was severely flawed.  It used the current enchantment level plus the new shard's enchantment level, neglecting to subtract the existing affix's enchantment level, when doing the Potential check.  Which mean workarounds like applying +0 EL shards.

My guess they removed it because it wasn't supposed to be in in the first place, and the option was put in during development and forgotten about.

It's a long shot, but maybe they'll rework it and reintroduce it, properly, in U11.  But probably not.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Re: Cannith crafting shard overwrite in 10.2 - gone?
Reply #2 - Jul 25th, 2011 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
Cor wrote on Jul 25th, 2011 at 3:51pm:
"Got right" is a bit of an overstatement.

I was trying to be charitable.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint