Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Turbine discussion (Read 20931 times)
woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Re: Heard a rumor
Reply #25 - Jul 26th, 2011 at 10:07pm
Print Post  
I think that several mistakes were made on both turbines and Jerry's part.

Turbine should not hire active community members to enforce policy on a public forum. This ends up leaving a bad taste in peoples mouths when their one time forum buddies are giving them infractions at stuff they would have laughed about earlier.

Jerry should have deleted/let die his Mockduck account here at the Vault. We all knew where he went. Its just plain stupid to log onto that account over here then take a corresponding admin action on the official boards.

As for Turbine here on the Vault. I believe that they should have as much access as everyone else can here until they start showing reasons why they cant have it(which they may have already). I would like to see a limited form of two-way communication with them here. Either under anon names , out in the open, or through a representative about their intentions when they come to the Vault.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #26 - Jul 26th, 2011 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
I have a pm out to discuss how this will work going forward. I will see if anyone wants to discuss this. Maybe they will have a recovery from this mistake.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Reply #27 - Jul 26th, 2011 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jul 26th, 2011 at 10:16pm:
I have a pm out to discuss how this will work going forward. I will see if anyone wants to discuss this. Maybe they will have a recovery from this mistake.

I feel kinda like a mid-level pentagon official during the cold war right now. I know something going on. I know some stuff happened. I just dont know where all the nukes are and whats being said to avert WWIII. Grin

IP Logged

GreyMouser
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 12:05am
Print Post  
Interesting.

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #29 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 9:54am
Print Post  
This place exists as a refuge from draconian moderation on the official forums.  It is a place where people can air frustrations, hold frank discussions, and generally goof-off without fear of formal repercussions.  This is a separate place from the DDO forums.  We all understand what to expect based on our behavior on the DDO forums.  If Turbine employees are going to start using our behavior here to affect how we are treated there, then I don't want Turbine employees on these boards. 

From what little I know about recent events, I think that Turbine employees are treading ever closer to abusing what should be a site free from Turbine influence. 

I would hate to see us banning Turbine employees from the Vault.  I think open communication and a shared community are great things for a game, even outside of official venues.  But that's not what we're getting here - we're getting infiltrators who seek to use information from the Vault for punitive purposes elsewhere.
« Last Edit: Jul 27th, 2011 at 9:55am by Schmoe »  

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #30 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 10:02am
Print Post  
Schmoe wrote on Jul 27th, 2011 at 9:54am:
I think open communication and a shared community are great things for a game, even outside of official venues.  But that's not what we're getting here - we're getting infiltrators who seek to use information from the Vault for punitive purposes elsewhere.

I think 1 or 2 may actually use info from here as an additional avenue for bug reports.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #31 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 10:12am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jul 27th, 2011 at 10:02am:
I think 1 or 2 may actually use info from here as an additional avenue for bug reports.

How would we know?  I've never seen a post from a Turbine employee telling us to post bugs here.  Without some sort of inside information, the only thing any of us can assume is what we've seen - that two Turbine employees have been banned for using Vault information for punitive purposes.

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

Gornn
Horoluth Raider

Cracker Fiend

Reply #32 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 10:16am
Print Post  
GreyMouser wrote on Jul 27th, 2011 at 12:05am:
Interesting.

Yes. Yes it is.

Hi Welcome

This is a throw down...a show down...

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #33 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 10:17am
Print Post  
Schmoe wrote on Jul 27th, 2011 at 10:12am:
How would we know?  I've never seen a post from a Turbine employee telling us to post bugs here.  Without some sort of inside information, the only thing any of us can assume is what we've seen - that two Turbine employees have been banned for using Vault information for punitive purposes.

True. I would point out that in the relationship, they have a lot of the power. It is upsetting to some of them that the power is being taken away.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #34 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 10:45am
Print Post  

Who cares, they have mournlands, lammania and live  not to mention their own official forums where they still dont do their own QA? They only come here to get tips on exploitive play and a leg up on rabble rousers for their own boards. What is the bullshit they always feed us about contributing to the community?!? Well the shoe should be on the other foot over here.

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #35 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 10:48am
Print Post  
I think after banning people for saying "Hi Welcome" and "jackass" you lose any moral high ground you may have had.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Reply #36 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 11:00am
Print Post  

MajMalphunkion comes on here a lot and seems to send quite a few PM's. He's the only turbine memeber next to mockduck that does'nt seem to have an issue using a reconizable name( That I have noticied.)

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #37 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 11:08am
Print Post  
It just dawned on me that I am working pretty hard to resolve this situation and I realized what would happen if the situation was reversed.

Ban
Ban
Ban
Ban
Ban
Ban

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #38 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 11:34am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jul 27th, 2011 at 11:08am:
It just dawned on me that I am working pretty hard to resolve this situation and I realized what would happen if the situation was reversed.

Ban
Ban
Ban
Ban
Ban
Ban

Ding ding we have a winner

I would hope Turbine is bringing something to the table beyond status quo on the other boards, otherwise it's only a matter of time before some has more than just a forum account banned from what they share on the Vault, otherwise what does Turbine really have to lose?

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

Kailiee
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
Just Ban them all....I like hearing all the mournlands info because it reminds me of the old WDA thread.  As it stands now we aren't officially told squat.

If they are using accounts here to police there they should be removed.

Burn the witches

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #40 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
Kailiee wrote on Jul 27th, 2011 at 12:22pm:
Just Ban them all....I like hearing all the mournlands info because it reminds me of the old WDA thread.  As it stands now we aren't officially told squat.

If they are using accounts here to police there they should be removed.

Burn the witches

It isn't that easy. We can ban the official IP addresses, but that doesn't stop them from making accounts from home. Then I have to ban all Boston area addresses. Can you see where that leads?

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Reply #41 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jul 27th, 2011 at 12:27pm:
It isn't that easy. We can ban the official IP addresses, but that doesn't stop them from making accounts from home. Then I have to ban all Boston area addresses. Can you see where that leads? 

Slippery slope.

IP Logged

Jaxx
Fleet Admiral

Reply #42 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 12:58pm
Print Post  

Fuck Boston - issue solved~!

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 1:00pm
Print Post  

And in a world with Tor, you have to ban all IP addresses. Where it leads is needing a human gatekeeper, who has to decide who is a witch, and who is not. Am I a witch? How would you know for sure, even after a hundred posts?

Not somewhere you want to go. But just banning Turbine addresses could still be a good start. I doubt that Warner Bros will want to see Tor on a company-owned machine - after all, that Tor connection could be used by a paedo, and they can't afford that risk.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Cyr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 1:13pm
Print Post  

Ban Turbine's IP addresses and leave it at that.

I don't know why anyone thinks that having jerry or tolero over here is a good thing.  Their job function is basically to annoy and harrass people.  They sure as hell don't do a good job of passing on suggestions and feedback to the devs because they are constantly surprised that the sky is blue and grass is green.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Re: Turbine discussion
Reply #45 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
What I'm discovering (through some public media) is that Turbine is focusing a ton of resources and manpower into the lotro-isengard expansion, and ddo has been left with a skeleton crew of sorts. Hence, crafting. It's basically a time sink while they put effort towards their second game.

IP Logged

Gornn
Horoluth Raider

Cracker Fiend

Reply #46 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
Its funny.

DDO goes free to play becomes a money machine.

Development focus like crazy on the cash cow.

Lotro kinda falls by the wayside.

Now lotro is picking up again and DDO is the whoor nobody wants

This is a throw down...a show down...

IP Logged

woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Reply #47 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
Gornn wrote on Jul 27th, 2011 at 1:24pm:
Its funny.

DDO goes free to play becomes a money machine.

Development focus like crazy on the cash cow.

Lotro kinda falls by the wayside.

Now lotro is picking up again and DDO is the whoor nobody wants

LotRO is more marketable because it ties into a major movie franchise and is more socially acceptable to be a fan of than Dungeons & Dragons. Thats also why you see more advertising for LotRO and every time someone mentions F2P they are more likely to bring up LotRO than DDO.

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #48 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Jul 26th, 2011 at 8:29pm:
Additionally, anyone here can change their name at any time.  Or create a new account with a different name.  Frankly, I'm surprised there isn't a Cordovan here...  Wink

I never noticed that before.

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #49 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
JC wrote on Jul 27th, 2011 at 1:35pm:
I never noticed that before.

Genius.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Send TopicPrint