Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Who to tr? (Read 1632 times)
Kothar11
Korthos Resident

It's Just a Fuckin Game!

Who to tr?
Jul 28th, 2011 at 2:11am
Print Post  
I've got a barb and a monk both 32 pointers looking to tr one.  gear is meh barb is wf and monk is horc.   any input?

It's Just a GAME!

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Re: Who to tr?
Reply #1 - Jul 28th, 2011 at 5:48am
Print Post  
Kothar11 wrote on Jul 28th, 2011 at 2:11am:
I've got a barb and a monk both 32 pointers looking to tr one.  gear is meh barb is wf and monk is horc.   any input?

Get some shroud gear, get a full set of chrono gear, then tr the monk into a monk - the monk past life feat you can choose at level 3 ups the damage by one die.  So basically, 1d2.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #2 - Jul 28th, 2011 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
Since the Barbarian past life is probably going to be fixed at some point, I'd TR the Barbarian into a Barbarian and enjoy the inappropriately large bonus to Rages while it lasts.  Thankfully, gear for a Barbarian is pretty straightforward - a LitII Greataxe or similar weapon, a Carnifex for levels 4-11 and a set of Colonscope gear for those same levels.

Any raid gear that you have on the Barbarian obviously makes life easier, but just having the LitII weapon is a huge advantage for quite a while.

fnord

IP Logged

Kothar11
Korthos Resident

It's Just a Fuckin Game!

Reply #3 - Jul 29th, 2011 at 7:13am
Print Post  
ok so im thinking the barb based on what gear i have on each.  the barb is way more raid geared then the monk and has more gs but a fast question is the past life rage extendable through the enhancement extend rage?

It's Just a GAME!

IP Logged

Ungood
Dragon Raider

If you don't think you
Choned, You're Stupid.

Reply #4 - Jul 29th, 2011 at 8:24am
Print Post  
Don't TR. Get some gear put away to use as you level up.

Ideas are as Follows:

By 2nd Level: Have a decent weapon set up for your new levels. I suggest a PG or something with Frost Burst Added to it and a Force Ritual to kick start you off.

FF/UA  Ring of Feathers/Bottle of Air. Is a Plus, have this ready by 4th, at latest.

By 5th, have gear to upgrade to, I suggest Chrono Gear. Also have your VoM and Mantle. They come in very handy.

If you do not have GS weapons and a GS item, (at least to Tier 2) make them, before you TR.

Because here is how it works. When you have wings people will expect you to be better geared, pulling out stuff they will never see for another 10 levels, gets you little more then a "Meh, I expected you to have that".

Also, Knowing the quest is expected. So grind up a new toon to about 6th before you TR just to get a feel for the low level content again.

Now, You do not need to do any of that and you can just TR and just run. But, people in the game see the wings and expect you to be better geared and know the quest then some one without the wings over their name.

But you will be doing yourself a favor having gear set up to "grow" into, at stages, like 2nd, 5th, 7th, 11th, 16th, 18th, 20th.

This is just my advice, take that as you will.
« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2011 at 8:24am by Ungood »  

Oakianus wrote on Aug 5th, 2011 at 3:50pm:
If that means that I'm sucking Dispel's dick, so be it.

IP Logged

Kothar11
Korthos Resident

It's Just a Fuckin Game!

Reply #5 - Jul 29th, 2011 at 8:52am
Print Post  
Well this isnt my first tr but really my first full on melee before really only played caster solidly i feel that my barb has most if not all the gear Necessary to tr.  the only thing i dont have is the mantle because i dont own threnal pack i didnt think running threnal for just the mantle was worth it maybe loosing something xp wise but there is a lot of content at that level.(cancelled vip and went to premium and bought all major packs, races, classes, etc.)  i just dont manna mess shit up and run around gimped.  so i decided to get some advice and it has all been really helpful didnt think about carniflex and definatly forgot about force ritual.  as i said before i really have only played caster and am kinda newbish to the melee aspect of the game.  also i was thinking about going fighter 18 barb 2 then tring into barb again after that (wanna keep barb fast movement and have a little bit of rage power) good idea or bad idea?

It's Just a GAME!

IP Logged

Ungood
Dragon Raider

If you don't think you
Choned, You're Stupid.

Reply #6 - Jul 29th, 2011 at 9:20am
Print Post  
Kothar11 wrote on Jul 29th, 2011 at 8:52am:
Well this isnt my first tr but really my first full on melee before really only played caster solidly i feel that my barb has most if not all the gear Necessary to tr.  the only thing i dont have is the mantle because i dont own threnal pack i didnt think running threnal for just the mantle was worth it maybe loosing something xp wise but there is a lot of content at that level.(cancelled vip and went to premium and bought all major packs, races, classes, etc.)  i just dont manna mess shit up and run around gimped.  so i decided to get some advice and it has all been really helpful didnt think about carniflex and definatly forgot about force ritual.  as i said before i really have only played caster and am kinda newbish to the melee aspect of the game.  also i was thinking about going fighter 18 barb 2 then tring into barb again after that (wanna keep barb fast movement and have a little bit of rage power) good idea or bad idea?

Oh well then, never mind the advice about gear then.

However, about your question: I have heard they fixed the past life barb rage, it does not extend or something like that, I don't play barbs, so I am not sure what that means. But I saw they made a fuss about it on the forums about a week ago or so. Around the new Update.

Oakianus wrote on Aug 5th, 2011 at 3:50pm:
If that means that I'm sucking Dispel's dick, so be it.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #7 - Jul 29th, 2011 at 9:30am
Print Post  
The barb life is only good for the 10hp.  If you feel doing a whole TR for 10 hp is worth it.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint