Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Getting /booted from Server (Read 2463 times)
Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Getting /booted from Server
Aug 3rd, 2011 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
Anyone having any trouble staying logged in?  Every time I jump into Elite DA with the cleric for a quick loot run, I get booted from server.  I am dual boxing, but the other toon isn't inside the quest.

This is some bullshit.  Undecided Angry Undecided

IP Logged

Scupperer
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Re: Getting /booted from Server
Reply #1 - Aug 3rd, 2011 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
Been having the same problem here, was disconnecting on Khyber.  Was playing with a friend overseas who wasn't having problems and my internet connection wasn't going down as we were still chatting, but I was losing connection to the server and also couldn't access the Turbine website.

IP Logged

Mastertool
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Aug 3rd, 2011 at 8:20pm
Print Post  
If you guys are using Comcast for your ISP, there are several issues under the service tracker.  No real info yet, but if it continues I would look at maybe playing with your DNS servers.  That would be my first guess as to a solution, or just wait it out until the Comcastic monkeys get things fixed.

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #3 - Aug 3rd, 2011 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
Mastertool wrote on Aug 3rd, 2011 at 8:20pm:
If you guys are using Comcast for your ISP, there are several issues under the service tracker.  No real info yet, but if it continues I would look at maybe playing with your DNS servers.  That would be my first guess as to a solution, or just wait it out until the Comcastic monkeys get things fixed.

Good to know as I use Comcast for internet...sumbitch.  Never had a problem before, though

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #4 - Aug 3rd, 2011 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
The other night my gf got "Server is full!" message and booted.

Last night in Von3 I lost connection to the chat server and couldn't move...reboot of client fixed it. This was after about 8 character swaps.

Proud Leader & official Gimp of Crimson Eagles on Khyber
Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor WF FvS 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 18 - Splatsplat 18/2 DoSIII

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #5 - Aug 4th, 2011 at 4:26am
Print Post  
1.  Comcast sucks.

2.  Comcast sucks.

3.  Switch internet providers.

4.  ...

5.  Profit.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #6 - Aug 4th, 2011 at 9:17am
Print Post  
Someone said that they must be loading in U11. I don't know if that is true, but it seems like there is a lot of problems on the server right before a new update. I bet that Lam goes live next Monday or Wednesday.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #7 - Aug 4th, 2011 at 9:20am
Print Post  
Only issues I have had are lag, far worse then ever before.  Even worse then the old shroud lag with good TWF.  The lag I have been getting is bloody painful.  Though many guildies tell me it is just because I have the high def version of ddo.  So I might be switching back to the standard... it looks so much better in high def though  :/

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #8 - Aug 4th, 2011 at 9:21am
Print Post  
Guildies and I were randomly booted on Argo around 10pm Pacific. All different ISP no particular reason (I was running up the ramp to the Merida tavern). I also a random huge lag spike about a half hour later. I agree with Stainer's gossip/rumor the were loading something onto the servers (hopefully U11)

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #9 - Aug 4th, 2011 at 9:25am
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Aug 4th, 2011 at 9:21am:
Guildies and I were randomly booted on Argo around 10pm Pacific. All different ISP no particular reason (I was running up the ramp to the Merida tavern). I also a random huge lag spike about a half hour later. I agree with Stainer's gossip/rumor the were loading something onto the servers (hopefully U11)

It was weird. The group I was in running Invasion had a Canadian, an Australian, and 4 people in America (I was going to say 4 Americans, but Emi was in the group and she is Irish). The Canadian and Australian dc'd for a few mins and came back. Then we all dc'd and it took forever to load back in.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #10 - Aug 4th, 2011 at 9:41am
Print Post  
We had like 30 people online in the guild in in one swoop I watched half of them drop in guild chat.  Siss and I dropped on the first wave but survived the second.  It was very weird someone was screwing with networking equipment at T-Bine.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #11 - Aug 4th, 2011 at 9:42am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Aug 4th, 2011 at 9:17am:
Someone said that they must be loading in U11. I don't know if that is true, but it seems like there is a lot of problems on the server right before a new update. I bet that Lam goes live next Monday or Wednesday.

I'm starting to hear that excuse a lot; I think it's mostly wishful thinking.

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #12 - Aug 4th, 2011 at 9:44am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Aug 4th, 2011 at 9:42am:
I'm starting to hear that excuse a lot; I think it's mostly wishful thinking.

I dunno. It appears to me that there are issues with the server around times of a patch or update. I usually do not have much of a lag or disconnect issue any other time.
« Last Edit: Aug 4th, 2011 at 9:45am by stainer »  

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #13 - Aug 4th, 2011 at 9:51am
Print Post  
Maybe...  but for every time it's true it's false five times.  Last night's disconnect was abrupt and out of the blue...it felt like piece of networking equipment dropped out.  Until everyone on TS spoke up, Siss was gonna restart our router.

Quote:

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #14 - Aug 4th, 2011 at 10:04am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Aug 4th, 2011 at 9:51am:
Maybe...  but for every time it's true it's false five times.  Last night's disconnect was abrupt and out of the blue...it felt like piece of networking equipment dropped out.  Until everyone on TS spoke up, Siss was gonna restart our router. 

If you look at the forums, it started in the afternoon, when we were at work. At there was some slowness/weirdness leading up to the crash.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #15 - Aug 4th, 2011 at 10:17am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Aug 4th, 2011 at 9:20am:
Only issues I have had are lag, far worse then ever before.  Even worse then the old shroud lag with good TWF.  The lag I have been getting is bloody painful.  Though many guildies tell me it is just because I have the high def version of ddo.  So I might be switching back to the standard... it looks so much better in high def though  :/

You're imagining things.  Dungeon Alert fixed lag at the expense of fun, remember?

FUCK DUNGEON ALERT, FUCK DUNGEON SCALING, PLEASE RUN OVER THE FOOT OF WHOMEVER CAME UP WITH THAT SHIT.

Sorry, got a lil distracted there.
« Last Edit: Aug 4th, 2011 at 10:17am by Strakeln »  

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #16 - Aug 4th, 2011 at 10:19am
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Aug 4th, 2011 at 10:17am:
FUCK DUNGEON ALERT, FUCK DUNGEON SCALING, PLEASE RUN OVER THE FOOT OF WHOMEVER CAME UP WITH THAT SHIT.

/signed

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #17 - Aug 4th, 2011 at 10:44am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Aug 4th, 2011 at 10:04am:
If you look at the forums, it started in the afternoon, when we were at work. At there was some slowness/weirdness leading up to the crash.

It has seem to me that since U9 lag has been creeping back and with each subsequent patch it has gotten worse.  Crafting is part of it but some of the old timey shroud lag is back too which can't be totally accounted for by crafting.

Quote:

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #18 - Aug 4th, 2011 at 10:54am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Aug 4th, 2011 at 10:44am:
It has seem to me that since U9 lag has been creeping back and with each subsequent patch it has gotten worse.  Crafting is part of it but some of the old timey shroud lag is back too which can't be totally accounted for by crafting.

Events like Mabar and Crystal Cove jack things up for sure. I don't know if the ice games did this year, but the first couple of runs of that coincided with more lag.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #19 - Aug 4th, 2011 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
I actually got booted 2.5 times yesterday.  1st time I was in Elite DA and about 60% done and everything went still and it booted me out.  Got back in about 10 minutes later and of course the toon was dead.  Angry

Went back in and got about 30% done and same shit.  Angry Angry

About 10 minutes later, I'm back in and decide to give it one last go...I got to the quest entrance and everything looked like it was going to happen for a third time, but then suddenly I was back and good to go.  Completed DA and never had a problem for the rest of the day. /shrug  Huh

As far as the uploading U11, I'm cool with that.  I'm sick of all this crafting shit...time for some new quests to be uploaded that I won't run for months.  Cheesy

...still haven't ran that new quest line with the Lord of Eyes or whatever his name is...

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #20 - Aug 4th, 2011 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
This happened to a few people the other night. Could not hit turbine.com at all.

Was ready with a tracert after the first time, but the second two times it was back up quick enough that it hadn't got through the trace before I could hit the server again.

IP Logged

JakLee
Bailiff

Monotremes and Money

Reply #21 - Aug 5th, 2011 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
On Wed on comcast & had some lag spikes & issues selling/buying from vendors, opening doors, ect, but never got all the way booted - but lost the chat server 2-3 times.  it was intermitant through out the evening but as fine last night.

from Preamus: Quote:
at least i'm agnostic so while I "think" you're full of crap I don't "know" you're full of crap

Strakeln wrote on Feb 1st, 2012 at 10:37pm:
JakLee will be the bailiff.  He's got a stun gun and everything.

Have you seen my platypus?
There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who need closure.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint