Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Greater Essences to be available in DDO store (Read 6129 times)
popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Greater Essences to be available in DDO store
Aug 4th, 2011 at 10:01pm
Print Post  
I am sad.  I have no picture to show that I am sad because I am too depressed to go look for one.

http://www.ddo.com/ddostoresale

fnord

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Re: Greater Essences to be available in DDO store
Reply #1 - Aug 4th, 2011 at 10:23pm
Print Post  
I honestly don't care. Not anymore.

Edited:
It sounds to me as though they're only going to be in the DDO store from August 5th through August 11th. Are they in the store now??
« Last Edit: Aug 4th, 2011 at 10:25pm by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

pissedoffonArgo
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Aug 5th, 2011 at 12:05am
Print Post  
Idk, kinda get a sour taste in my mouth that they even sell shit for a crafting system in beta in a constant flux of change. not that it matters seeing as the whole game is constantly changing, but ya know, it just does not feel right. A BS move by them...

Someone made a pay-2-win thread over there and its actually pretty funny. Has a bit of drama.  The usual fanboys are saying the same old shit about how "turbine is a business and needs to make money to pay for this glorious free crafting system they bestowed upon us all" 

ROFL!!!!

IP Logged

Scupperer
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Aug 5th, 2011 at 1:01am
Print Post  
It's a terrible idea, but anyone stupid enough to pay 95 TP for something worth ~5k deserves to be shot anyway.

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #4 - Aug 5th, 2011 at 8:33am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Aug 4th, 2011 at 10:23pm:
I honestly don't care. Not anymore.

Edited:
It sounds to me as though they're only going to be in the DDO store from August 5th through August 11th. Are they in the store now??

They were in the store last night when I checked, sometime around midnight EST.

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #5 - Aug 5th, 2011 at 9:45am
Print Post  
Personally, I don't give a fuck anymore.

I will revisit crafting after it has settled down a bit.  It is just too much up in the air atm.  Granted, I'm still going to collect the essences and send them to my crafting toon who will try to level slowly up once a week, but that is it.

I'll look to real crafting, per se, once Artificer and all the changes that is sure to bring let the dust settle.

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

Cor
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Aug 5th, 2011 at 10:07am
Print Post  
pissedoffonArgo wrote on Aug 5th, 2011 at 12:05am:
Someone made a pay-2-win thread over there and its actually pretty funny. Has a bit of drama.  The usual fanboys are saying the same old shit about how "turbine is a business and needs to make money to pay for this glorious free crafting system they bestowed upon us all" 

Thank god there's none of that here... the other forums are just depressing on this subject.

I think a lot of people are just obsessed with taking those no-good dirty rotten powergamers down a peg, by selling their "precious" in the store.  Nevermind that the whole damn game is based around the carrot of getting newer and better stuff, and Pay2Win bullshit would rot it to the core.

At least, so far, the prices on the essences are absurd for any sustained use.  But stores have a tendency to seek prices that sell well, so I doubt that silver lining is stable.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #7 - Aug 5th, 2011 at 10:08am
Print Post  
I could give two shits if essences are available in the store.  Crafted items are nice but they aren't the end all and be all.  Besides, if it already is pay to win with most vets who have enough plat to load up on essences and deconstruction.  If someone wants to pay hard cash for that more power to them.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Cor
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Aug 5th, 2011 at 10:16am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Aug 5th, 2011 at 10:08am:
I could give two shits if essences are available in the store.  Crafted items are nice but they aren't the end all and be all.  Besides, if it already is pay to win with most vets who have enough plat to load up on essences and deconstruction.  If someone wants to pay hard cash for that more power to them.

Ugh... well that didn't last.

Paying plat is very different than paying real money.  Plat is an in-game currency gotten by playing the game, and comes as a result of playing the game.  It's an in-game reward, being transformed into another in-game reward (essences), being transformed into another in-game reward (a crafted item).

Paying real money, however, circumvents playing the game.  In-game rewards should come from in-game gameplay.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #9 - Aug 5th, 2011 at 10:41am
Print Post  
Cor wrote on Aug 5th, 2011 at 10:16am:
Ugh... well that didn't last.

Paying plat is very different than paying real money.  Plat is an in-game currency gotten by playing the game, and comes as a result of playing the game.  It's an in-game reward, being transformed into another in-game reward (essences), being transformed into another in-game reward (a crafted item).

Paying real money, however, circumvents playing the game.  In-game rewards should come from in-game gameplay.

That's a thing of the past and you must let it go.  I can buy tomes, xp elixirs, loot boosters, etc...   Essences allow people to advance in a semi irrelevant crafting system. If this was about raid loot, epic items or something that actually mattered then hell yeah, stop P2W but for crafting /meh.  Let it fund future development

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Aug 5th, 2011 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
I have to agree with not getting this as being a big deal, tbh.  I don't know enough about crafting, but I'd imagine someone who did could give you some napkin math on the number of greaters needed for, say, level 100 - and I'd be shocked if it cost any less than $1,000 to buy that many essences.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #11 - Aug 5th, 2011 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Aug 5th, 2011 at 12:25pm:
I have to agree with not getting this as being a big deal, tbh.  I don't know enough about crafting, but I'd imagine someone who did could give you some napkin math on the number of greaters needed for, say, level 100 - and I'd be shocked if it cost any less than $1,000 to buy that many essences.

Actually, I'm find the bottleneck to be lessers rather than greaters but the numbers would be staggering.  I would bet over $1000.  If someone wants to pay that to make items that aren't even equal to raid loot more power to them.  Besides all the good recipes require rare in game items.  Whoever P2W with crafting gets to create awesome twink gear, woot.

Quote:

IP Logged

Fuck Off
The Big Fuck

My favorite word is Fuck.
Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Reply #12 - Aug 5th, 2011 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
I really don't care if Turbine wants to put that stuff in the store.

If they can make money off of it, fine by me.

If someone really wants to pay for that stuff, I really don't care.  It is their money, not mine.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.  - Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Scupperer
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Aug 5th, 2011 at 1:03pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Aug 5th, 2011 at 12:25pm:

Using non-sale essence prices and a TP bonus point weekend to get ~150,000 TP points for $1000, that would be about 16k Greater Essences.  Which is a lot, but you're not getting anywhere near 100 with that.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Aug 5th, 2011 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
Yeah, priced as-is it's not pay to win.  It's a convenience item.  You're short a couple essences and want to make something without swapping toons so you (you as in the rube they've suckered into this) plunk down 95tp to not have to swap toons or decon something.

If anyone actually uses this as a 'pay to win' we should thank them.  They'll be paying a dev's salary before long. Smiley

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Aug 5th, 2011 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
Well, since I can't post this argument over there:

1- create one-off account
2- dual-box up to say, 400 favor
3- make shards
4- deconstruct em
5- sell the laundered essences

Congratulations. Plat-farmer's wet dream.
Seriously. Who the hell thought this was a good idea?
« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2011 at 8:03pm by »  

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #16 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 1:16pm
Print Post  

Can you expand on that a bit more, scraap, maybe by adding example prices?

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 5:46pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Aug 6th, 2011 at 1:16pm:
Can you expand on that a bit more, scraap, maybe by adding example prices?

Before, or after the laundered essences are funneled to a main account that's crafting capped? Because if I was trying to break it, that's exactly what I'd do.

IP Logged

Scupperer
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
With the current prices, they'd make so much more running late game content and selling essences they picked up along the way.  One run through a good farming quest could easily net more essences than you'd get from earning several hundred favor.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
I'd go so far as to say that you're more than likely to earn more than 15 essences attempting to get 100 favor. 

That's what makes this a win in my book, at least.  It's something that should be there for 'oh shit!' moments, but should be less efficient than just getting off of your ass and doing a few quests.  Honestly, they could probably cut the price in half and it'd still be a decent deal.

IP Logged

Combat Wombat
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
You have to make a stink about every little thing like this or we will hit real pay to win shit in no time because turbine will think everyone will roll over and take it

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #21 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
My primary regret with the new crafting is that I wasn't farming Shadow Crypt speed runs with all of my characters when essences dropped from every chest.

fnord

IP Logged

Ungood
Dragon Raider

If you don't think you
Choned, You're Stupid.

Reply #22 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 8:53pm
Print Post  
It's really a non-issue now. It was argued over a few months back when Crafting went live on Lammania, people got all pissed off, and claimed it was gonna to be PayWin, people flew off the deep end, and infractions were passed out in large numbers. Cube ate half the topic.

I'm not caring anymore.
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2011 at 8:54pm by Ungood »  

Oakianus wrote on Aug 5th, 2011 at 3:50pm:
If that means that I'm sucking Dispel's dick, so be it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint