Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic guild rn exploit (Read 2102 times)
deftest
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

guild rn exploit
Aug 7th, 2011 at 2:46am
Print Post  
whats the guild rn exploit that everyones refering to mysteriosly on the forums  i know they stopped the bronze token turn in dont think that was a exploit though this seems to be currently active

IP Logged

JakLee
Bailiff

Monotremes and Money

Re: guild rn exploit
Reply #1 - Aug 7th, 2011 at 3:09am
Print Post  
well for awhile there you could get legendary drops from the token turn in  - so guildies were buying up tokens to get the cheapest items from desert seller & using them to buy renown - haven't seen any drop there since maybe u9 though

from Preamus: Quote:
at least i'm agnostic so while I "think" you're full of crap I don't "know" you're full of crap

Strakeln wrote on Feb 1st, 2012 at 10:37pm:
JakLee will be the bailiff.  He's got a stun gun and everything.

Have you seen my platypus?
There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who need closure.

IP Logged

deftest
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Aug 7th, 2011 at 4:24am
Print Post  
the post ime refering to is one made by zonixx where he implies knowledge of many rn exploits and his hatred of them,he refuses to list them so his dislike must not be that great because if it became a well known list of exploits that everyone was using ddo would step in rather quickly attempt to fix it and fubar things even worse Grin

IP Logged

kitsune_ko
Titan Demolisher

Halfling Pali-Rogues FTW!

Reply #3 - Aug 7th, 2011 at 4:30am
Print Post  
Ah, I suppose getting several guild members all "buying" guild renoun through Sands turn-ins could be considered exploiting.

I was also wondering about this post when I saw it on the offical forum. Be interesting to see if they do anything about the guilds who are excessively farming renown this way.

Seems to me back when there was another renoun exploit discovered right after the system first came out, a few guilds got their hands slapped by Turbine for exploiting the renown system in a way it was not intended.

Of course, it is also in a large part Turbines fault for both the crappy coding regarding renown tokens, and then also not bothering to fix it. I have known forever that you can get renown tokens when turning in runes for DT, and for the Agents of Argonnessen favor reward. Both obviously not intended to be there.

I am quite sure there are a lot of other instances as well were renown tokens show up where they are not supposed to be.

Will be interesting to see what becomes of this. My money would be on that they will just quietly fix it, and say nothing about it at all.

On the plus side, now may be a very good time to sell all those tokens I have been hoarding  Grin

"Shiny stuff comes and goes; XP is forever."

2008-10-15: Full frontal Nerdity

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #4 - Aug 7th, 2011 at 4:50am
Print Post  
except that you can't farm renown in sands anymore.

as since 10.x the trade in window for the desert tokens doesn't allow for renown anymore.

And it's not the turn ins from RR that can account for that much renown jumps.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Dozen_Black_Roses
Korthos Resident

Reply #5 - Aug 7th, 2011 at 9:41am
Print Post  
It's really unclear atm. We all know they were exploiting some how as you can't have jumped that far in reknown that fast, small guild bonus and drinking guild xp pots or not.  For a while they were also doing reaver refuge turn ins, and from that method you can have all the members of your group pass you those runes you get in reaver refuge chests to turn in for guild reknown over by the crafting altar.  Still really doesnt explain their massive jumps in guild reknown as clearly indicated in the guild reknown horse race thread on the official forums. All I have ever seen their leader or members admit to in a public forum was irestone inlet chest farming, desert tokens (back a few months ago), and RR token turn in. Guess Zonixx got word of it.  Like him, it doesn't make me a happy camper when the rest of us work legitamtely hard at getting and keeping reknown, but that thread is just going to get closed come Monday.  My bet is there is no way Turbine can prove whatever exploit they are using and don't want to take the PR fall for banning a guild without good grounds to do so. But who knows, maybe Ill get surprised, rarely happens but it does happen.

Look at the thread below, the guild horse race thread, and scroll down to the sarlona guilds, and you wil see the spikes I am referring to. You will also notice another spike in another guild, this spike may also correlate with a certain member leaving the one guild where he very likely learned the exploit, then used it in this other guild before leaving that guild as they also spiked out of nowhere but have since remained at the normal growth curve like the rest of us.

http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=3933001&postcount=218
« Last Edit: Aug 7th, 2011 at 9:47am by Dozen_Black_Roses »  

IP Logged

Cabocleer
Korthos Resident

Um, yeah, whatever.

Reply #6 - Aug 7th, 2011 at 9:48am
Print Post  
Vanshilar's  Guild renown tracker covers a lot of the history on this -  although the double secret squirrel policy keeps some of it between the lines, and I understand some posts have been deleted. 

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=268181

Sometimes people like to talk about the well-known completely secret exploit that "only they know" just to be dicks.  You've met them, they have the eSOS on all their alts, except the gimp one you're playing with. Anyhow, I guess more people are saying they know what this is than actually do know.

That said, and from the recent ridiculous but entertaining closed recruiting thread on Sarlona guild page-  Rebellion seems to have found a way to dick with the system even if it isn't exactly an exploit.

I'd been guessing something simple like a bugged end reward, but the weird symbiotic junior guild Reunion they have kinda supports the turn in theory, or some variation that someone outside the guild can help you with. 

« Last Edit: Aug 7th, 2011 at 9:48am by Cabocleer »  

Making it weirder for some time now.

IP Logged

Cabocleer
Korthos Resident

Um, yeah, whatever.

Reply #7 - Aug 7th, 2011 at 9:55am
Print Post  
Dozen_Black_Roses wrote on Aug 7th, 2011 at 9:41am:
  Look at the thread below, the guild horse race thread, and scroll down to the sarlona guilds, and you wil see the spikes I am referring to. You will also notice another spike in another guild, this spike may also correlate with a certain member leaving the one guild where he very likely learned the exploit, then used it in this other guild before leaving that guild as they also spiked out of nowhere but have since remained at the normal growth curve like the rest of us.

http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=3933001&postcount=218

Rebellion and Reunion have some sort of creepy relationship with each other. Whatever Rebellion is doing, they admit that Reunion is part of it.

IP Logged

Dozen_Black_Roses
Korthos Resident

Reply #8 - Aug 7th, 2011 at 10:23am
Print Post  
It is their sister guild, they keep some toons in one guild some in the other, and use it to pass reknown to the other guild for options they can do so, like with reavers refuge turn ins.  If you look at any toons in the guild, it might be listed on myddo as in rebellion, but when you click on the actual character it says reunion, or vice versa. I am not sure if they transfer toons between guilds also to give reknown, but as that gives you a penalty on reknown not really sure there.  They are interwoven, and have the same guild leader.

IP Logged

BoBoBo
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Aug 7th, 2011 at 10:41am
Print Post  
Thread closed on the forums - maybe something to this?

IP Logged

Dispel
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Aug 7th, 2011 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
I promise to tell how it is done and how you may be able to replicate it yourself. Currently, it's fixed for everyone. They can still do it though, which you will understand how once I explain.. I can tell you and only you or post here, but I want 4mil traded to me on Sarlona for this information. Otherwise, hope someone else tells ya'.. I will attempt setting myself up for this tomorrow once the release notes come out on Lammania for the next update. =)

IP Logged

Cabocleer
Korthos Resident

Um, yeah, whatever.

Reply #11 - Aug 7th, 2011 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I promise to tell how it is done and how you may be able to replicate it yourself. Currently, it's fixed for everyone. They can still do it though, which you will understand how once I explain.. blah blah blah

Well,  your first step is to get your evasion casters into Rebellion, or at least Reunion.  You "qualify",  I hear.

IP Logged

deftest
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Aug 7th, 2011 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I promise to tell how it is done and how you may be able to replicate it yourself. Currently, it's fixed for everyone. They can still do it though, which you will understand how once I explain.. I can tell you and only you or post here, but I want 4mil traded to me on Sarlona for this information. Otherwise, hope someone else tells ya'.. I will attempt setting myself up for this tomorrow once the release notes come out on Lammania for the next update. =)

what a complete and utter douche i would rather dip my dick in honey and go smack a bear in the face with it than do anything that woiuld encourage you to play

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint