Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) More info on the guild Rebellion and their Exploit (Read 34124 times)
Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Re: More info on the guild Rebellion and their Exploit
Reply #75 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 7:25am
Print Post  
Given how easy it is to get a toon to the working point where they contribute and how little any of the tiny incremental bonuses you can get from cheating really help you, it just strikes me as being the same as cheating at solitaire, except you have more people you can brag to about it.  Sad

IP Logged

Hendrik
Ex Member

Reply #76 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 8:49am
Print Post  
Cyr wrote on Aug 10th, 2011 at 1:22pm:
I'm on Sarlona, but I would have had to see them around to start with to notice their absence...

Seriously as those alerts for them leveling came up for the higher levels it was pretty much the following in every group and ts that I was in..."Who the hell is in Rebellion?"

Mimics my experiences.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #77 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 8:54am
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Aug 11th, 2011 at 7:25am:
Given how easy it is to get a toon to the working point where they contribute and how little any of the tiny incremental bonuses you can get from cheating really help you, it just strikes me as being the same as cheating at solitaire, except you have more people you can brag to about it.  Sad

I don't really see the bragging you keep going on about, I was answering questions.  It is a well known fact many people here are exploiters.  I am always willing to share past exploits.

Just because you think cheating in a game is disgraceful doesn't mean it is.  What is disgracegul is your whining about it.  It reminds me of kitsune crying about eberron and how the devs shouldn't treat it like eberron.  If you want some kleenix Oak, I can get some for you.  Just give me your address and it will be in the mail today!

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Cabocleer
Korthos Resident

Um, yeah, whatever.

Reply #78 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2011 at 12:26pm by Cabocleer »  

Making it weirder for some time now.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #79 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
Quote:
My response to this was "how can six members be a magic number when it only fills half of a raid party". After all, you can have six incredible players who inadvertenly group with six players who eat paste and use Thernal blades on Harry (I am not discriminating against people who eat paste, Im just saying). So I would like to ask my fellow gamers on Sarlona, do you think having less than twelve (12) players in a capped guild a logical decision? I would like to see the forums opinion on "what is the magic number of guildies in a guild that plans to reach level 100?".

LOL, Good line...

...and closed thread.
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2011 at 12:32pm by Eladiun »  

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Cabocleer
Korthos Resident

Um, yeah, whatever.

Reply #80 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Aug 11th, 2011 at 12:30pm:
LOL, Good line...

...and closed thread.

Yeah,  they've been right on top of closing the threads about this. But I did enjoy the request to

Quote:
Please refrain from supplying unnecessary back stories that can serve to identify and consequently call out other players for their behavior in the game when phrasing questions in the public forums.

Is that new?   I don't recall seeing it before.

Making it weirder for some time now.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #81 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
He's a foreign language mod, so he's kinda retarded.

IP Logged

Fuckstick
Korthos Resident

So sexy.

Reply #82 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Aug 11th, 2011 at 1:26pm:
so he's kinda retarded.

Perhaps he likes eating paste and took offense?

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #83 - Aug 12th, 2011 at 7:28am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Aug 11th, 2011 at 8:54am:
I don't really see the bragging you keep going on about, I was answering questions.  It is a well known fact many people here are exploiters.  I am always willing to share past exploits.

Just because you think cheating in a game is disgraceful doesn't mean it is.  What is disgracegul is your whining about it.  It reminds me of kitsune crying about eberron and how the devs shouldn't treat it like eberron.  If you want some kleenix Oak, I can get some for you.  Just give me your address and it will be in the mail today!

Not disgraceful so much as a bit pathetic.  And it's not like I care all that much or am calling for anyone to be banned.  Just expressing my opinion on the topic more than whining, really. 

I mean, feel free to get all butthurt and sensitive and start accusing me of whining, if that's what you've gotta do.  I understand.

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #84 - Aug 12th, 2011 at 8:06pm
Print Post  

Secrets and exploits were how I was raised to game.  First thing I always did when playing any of the NES/SNES Super Mario games was get myself into a corner with a turtle shell and zip up to 99 lives.  Turbine may not recognize it as a legitimate style of gaming, but I don't give a fuck.

Wasn't it you, Oak, who posted the image of Classified Information from Nintendo Power?

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #85 - Aug 12th, 2011 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
True enough, true enough.  I can see where you're coming from.  Most of the time, when I approach a problem in a video game, I try to see if there's some other path to solving the problem than the game developers may have forseen, and trying my best to move in that direction. 

I dunno what it is that strikes me as a bit sad about it, then.  Maybe I'm just jealous that I never find any good exploits or hear about them?  Tongue  Or maybe I think that it cheapens the experience for us poor sods who have to grind everything out the hard way, since our achievements (and luck) mean less when other people can just go in the back door and get the good stuff.  Hell, I dunno, but it's food for thought.  I'll be rolling that around the back of my mind while getting shitfaced tonight.  Tongue

ETA: And yes, that was me.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2011 at 8:10pm by Oakianus »  

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #86 - Aug 12th, 2011 at 8:19pm
Print Post  
Not so sure the classified information from Nintendo power is an accurate analogy as most, if not all, of the things in there were items intentionally left there by the developers.  Cheat codes, easter eggs and the like. I like cheat codes, they can be a fun way to play back through a game again.  But I learned early on after picking up an NES game genie at a flea market that blowing through the game with everything I wanted at the beginning usually ended up with me not playing the game again.

I know I wouldn't use any of the more serious exploits such as the one Sojero did, or the Mabar one, but something more minor like somehow getting elite loot tables from casual quest runs I'd probably try.  Of course I never actively search for exploits and don't hear about them til afterwards anyway so my morality may be pretty toothless in this instance.

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #87 - Aug 12th, 2011 at 9:24pm
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Aug 12th, 2011 at 8:19pm:
Not so sure the classified information from Nintendo power is an accurate analogy as most, if not all, of the things in there were items intentionally left there by the developers.

Sure, lots of the things were cheat codes and whatnot.  But bugs and exploits were reported there too.

Oak, that's why I've always been a fan of sharing exploits with everyone.  As I've often said, one of my fondest memories of DDO was when the whole server was using the blue flag exploit.  It was a magical time - everyone was downright giddy.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Doctorwhofan
Dragon Raider

The Goddess of Tempest's
Spine

Reply #88 - Aug 12th, 2011 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Aug 12th, 2011 at 8:19pm:
Not so sure the classified information from Nintendo power is an accurate analogy as most, if not all, of the things in there were items intentionally left there by the developers.  Cheat codes, easter eggs and the like. I like cheat codes, they can be a fun way to play back through a game again.  But I learned early on after picking up an NES game genie at a flea market that blowing through the game with everything I wanted at the beginning usually ended up with me not playing the game again.

I know I wouldn't use any of the more serious exploits such as the one Sojero did, or the Mabar one, but something more minor like somehow getting elite loot tables from casual quest runs I'd probably try.  Of course I never actively search for exploits and don't hear about them til afterwards anyway so my morality may be pretty toothless in this instance.

I have to agree.  The minute find or know about a cheat or exploit, I lose all desire to play thegame.  Why should I play when I get a autowin?  Ok, it took 4 months to beat Zelda, but i was proud I did it without a guide or a cheat.  When I beat a game with a cheat, the game becomes meaningless.

Helping Newbies since April, 2006.
Because I am too lazy to type all my toons out...
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=2798094#post2798094

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #89 - Aug 12th, 2011 at 9:31pm
Print Post  
Looking on Google told me nothing other than people trying to wag their fingers about how the dirty exploiters were dirty and exploitative, so I'm very curious now about how the blue flag worked.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #90 - Aug 12th, 2011 at 9:45pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Aug 12th, 2011 at 9:31pm:
Looking on Google told me nothing other than people trying to wag their fingers about how the dirty exploiters were dirty and exploitative, so I'm very curious now about how the blue flag worked.  Cheesy 

There were several aspects to it.  The one that was server-wide was that if you "blue flagged" - assigned someone to a PvP team while in a Raid party - they wouldn't get a quest completion.  This was way before 20th completion reward lists.  It was also way before many flagging mechanisms were changed.  So, for example, instead of running the three desert quests, DQ1 and DQ2, then waiting three days, you could run DQ2 20 times in a night.

There was also a godmode effect that most didn't know about.  I may have forgotten the exact details here, but it went something like: zone into quest, get blue flag, get into position, log out, log in.  You were then stuck in place, invincible, but able to affect your environment (spells, throwers, whatever).  To get unstuck (and able to be killed again), you had the leader take the flag off you, then you logged out/in again.

This was all around a time of some other exploits too.  One was a safe spot in the Abbot - on the edge of the barrier near the entrance.  At that time, you could still just beat his ass down and skip puzzles.  So 12 party members throwing shit could take his ass down.  I think the blue flag made you invincible to Abbot lava as well, so it really helped.  They put out a patch that made it so the Abbot couldn't be killed without completing the puzzles, I used the godmode blue flag exploit to verify that it was really true (74 mana pots and hundreds of heal scrolls later, lol).

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #91 - Aug 13th, 2011 at 1:26am
Print Post  
I loved the blue flag exploit, good times.

Oak, all I have to say is, use one.  Use a couple, don't get caught.  You will be in a better place.  Enlightenment is everything.

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #92 - Aug 13th, 2011 at 11:00am
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Aug 12th, 2011 at 9:45pm:
This was all around a time of some other exploits too.  One was a safe spot in the Abbot - on the edge of the barrier near the entrance.  At that time, you could still just beat his ass down and skip puzzles.  So 12 party members throwing shit could take his ass down.  I think the blue flag made you invincible to Abbot lava as well, so it really helped.  They put out a patch that made it so the Abbot couldn't be killed without completing the puzzles, I used the godmode blue flag exploit to verify that it was really true (74 mana pots and hundreds of heal scrolls later, lol).

yeah i heard about this one. now this is one use of an exploit i do like.

man. i could have done some interesting things with that one.

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #93 - Aug 14th, 2011 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Aug 13th, 2011 at 1:26am:
I loved the blue flag exploit, good times.

Oak, all I have to say is, use one.  Use a couple, don't get caught.  You will be in a better place.  Enlightenment is everything.

Especially since Turbine's policy appears to be that they'll give you a DDO vacation, but leave all of the rewards that you actually got through exploiting.

The fact that Rebellion is still guild level 100 is pretty blatant evidence that they don't actually care about exploits at Turbine even though they have to put on a dog and pony show to keep exploits from getting completely out of hand.

fnord

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #94 - Aug 15th, 2011 at 7:09am
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Aug 14th, 2011 at 12:32pm:
Especially since Turbine's policy appears to be that they'll give you a DDO vacation, but leave all of the rewards that you actually got through exploiting.

The fact that Rebellion is still guild level 100 is pretty blatant evidence that they don't actually care about exploits at Turbine even though they have to put on a dog and pony show to keep exploits from getting completely out of hand.

Exactly, if they removed the gains it would be a higher risk.  Fuck, even sony removes the gains... turdbine cant even figure that out?

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Dragonne
Waterworks Kobold

I <3 Drama!

Reply #95 - Aug 15th, 2011 at 7:51am
Print Post  
lol remember the Ban of Mabar? its all or nothing with turbine.

Not quite sure if thats a good or a bad thing though... Sad

Does a dyslexic, agnostic insomniac stay up all night contemplating the existence of a dog?

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #96 - Aug 15th, 2011 at 8:02am
Print Post  
Dragonne wrote on Aug 15th, 2011 at 7:51am:
lol remember the Ban of Mabar? its all or nothing with turbine.

Not quite sure if thats a good or a bad thing though... Sad

I exploited the shit out of mabar.  I didn't even get banned.

So, what does that tell you?

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Chris79
Stormreaver Piker

Wanna a lollipop?

Reply #97 - Aug 15th, 2011 at 8:09am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Aug 15th, 2011 at 8:02am:
I exploited the shit out of mabar.  I didn't even get banned.

So, what does that tell you?

Ha, whereas I did get a ban and I don't think I've ever exploited, makes ya laugh...

-----------------------------------------------
Pyrric, Drilltex, Drilltor, Drillsworn - Khyber

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #98 - Aug 15th, 2011 at 8:28am
Print Post  
Chris79 wrote on Aug 15th, 2011 at 8:09am:
Ha, whereas I did get a ban and I don't think I've ever exploited, makes ya laugh...

...or cry.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #99 - Aug 15th, 2011 at 8:34am
Print Post  
I thought it was the funniest things ever.  I didn't even help kill the shadow dragon.  I would just hop in the zone at work and do some paperwork waiting till the right time.  It was the greatest thing ever.  I cannot wait for it to return!

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send TopicPrint