Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) two new raids?! hmmm! (Read 6776 times)
someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

two new raids?! hmmm!
Aug 8th, 2011 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=333887

hopefully more info to come.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Re: two new raids?! hmmm!
Reply #1 - Aug 8th, 2011 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
"Born in war, forged in fury, Stormreach faces its most terrible foe yet."

Lord of the Blades?

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #2 - Aug 8th, 2011 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
i dont know anything about pnp or who that is. it could be lord of the dildos for all i care. just want some new stuff to play :]

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in
Argonnessen Apple flavor!

Reply #3 - Aug 8th, 2011 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
someguy wrote on Aug 8th, 2011 at 2:00pm:
i dont know anything about pnp or who that is. it could be lord of the dildos for all i care. just want some new stuff to play :]

Lol. It's a Warforged. A fairly weak and overhyped one but a Warforged.

Epoch wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 5:15am:
When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

Eladiun wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 1:46pm:
If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Aug 8th, 2011 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
someguy wrote on Aug 8th, 2011 at 2:00pm:

WF enhancement line on divines is Lord of the Blades. You should be at least peripherally aware of his existence, unless you only play fleshy meatshields.

Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #5 - Aug 8th, 2011 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Aug 8th, 2011 at 2:04pm:
WF enhancement line on divines is Lord of the Blades. You should be at least peripherally aware of his existence, unless you only play fleshy meatshields.

ya i knew that much. i also play fleshies Wink. the fvs enhancement line path things are like their faith yes? so is the lord of blades some type of WF god?

IP Logged

ZeroBoost
Titan Demolisher

res ipsa loquitur

Reply #6 - Aug 8th, 2011 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
The real question is.. Will it be two raids like vod/hound or two like tod/abbott/shroud?

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Aug 8th, 2011 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
someguy wrote on Aug 8th, 2011 at 2:17pm:
ya i knew that much. i also play fleshies Wink. the fvs enhancement line path things are like their faith yes? so is the lord of blades some type of WF god?

Here

IP Logged

MalakRevan
Waterworks Kobold

Pissing People off since

Reply #8 - Aug 8th, 2011 at 2:23pm
Print Post  

Yes, in pnp he is like a god to the WF.

Falutin
SenorHezrou
PsionicFal
Rexzar
Leader of Foecleaver.
Yes I am a Vault Lurker and I rarely post.

IP Logged

TDarkchylde
Dragon Raider

It's just a simulation...

Reply #9 - Aug 8th, 2011 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
so is the lord of blades some type of WF god?

He believes himself such... so, I guess he's kind of like the Dispel of PnP Eberron. Tongue

He also is believed to have one of the remaining creation forges, so he could conceivably just build his army for whenever he wants to go to war. It's believed to not be working completely right though, hence why he hasn't already.

AIM  
IP Logged

Memnir
Shroud Slacker

A little bit different

Reply #10 - Aug 8th, 2011 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
I'm just afraid that with two raids coming out, they'll be another set of One Room Wonders. More glorified encounters then raids, ala HoX and VoD.

Hope I'm wrong, and they put some effort into em. But... yeah, I can't say I'm optimistic.

To stop a nosebleed: apply pressure
To start a nosebleed: apply greater pressure in short, rapid bursts

IP Logged

ZeroBoost
Titan Demolisher

res ipsa loquitur

Reply #11 - Aug 8th, 2011 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
TDarkchylde wrote on Aug 8th, 2011 at 2:26pm:
He believes himself such... so, I guess he's kind of like the Dispel of PnP Eberron. Tongue

He also is believed to have one of the remaining creation forges, so he could conceivably just build his army for whenever he wants to go to war. It's believed to not be working completely right though, hence why he hasn't already.

Maybe that's what the quests and raids are. We go in and shut down the forges, and fight some wf and such.
« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2011 at 2:35pm by ZeroBoost »  

IP Logged

MalakRevan
Waterworks Kobold

Pissing People off since

Reply #12 - Aug 8th, 2011 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
Can't see the other forums because I am at work, will some just copy the damn shit for me so I can read it.

Falutin
SenorHezrou
PsionicFal
Rexzar
Leader of Foecleaver.
Yes I am a Vault Lurker and I rarely post.

IP Logged

ZeroBoost
Titan Demolisher

res ipsa loquitur

Reply #13 - Aug 8th, 2011 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
On my phone, so can't copy and paste so well.. But this is where the info on the forums came from.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/75635/Turbine_Unveils_Biggest_Update...

IP Logged

substrate
Dragon Raider

Reply #14 - Aug 8th, 2011 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
Just think of all the raid gear we will want out of the new raids!  Just as I get my main characters pretty much set for gear, this happens.

IP Logged

ZeroBoost
Titan Demolisher

res ipsa loquitur

Reply #15 - Aug 8th, 2011 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
Got it!

"Turbine announced today the next update for Dungeons & Dragons Online®: Eberron Unlimited™ (DDO Unlimited), one of the world's best free to play massively multiplayer online role playing game (MMORPG).

The new update, Update 11: Secrets of the Artificers, features:

·         New Artificer Class

A blend of Rogue and Arcane classes, the Artificer uses specially created weapons and mechanical pets to challenge their foes

·         New House Cannith Enclave

Home of the Artificers, House Cannith is a new high level quest hub where magic and mechanics converge.

·         New Content

Born in war, forged in fury, Stormreach faces its most terrible foe yet.

·         New Crafting Levels

Craft all the way to level 150. Plus, craft Draconic Runestones, a new magical weapon available to all classes.

The Secrets of the Artificers Premium Adventure Pack will be available in the DDO Store and Free to VIPs, and includes:

·         Two new high level Raids

·         New wilderness area

·         3 new dungeons  "

That's all that is on the link.

IP Logged

Hoblish
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Aug 8th, 2011 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
Massively has the same infor but a couple more images

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/08/08/get-crafty-with-dungeons-and-dragons-onl...

I do like the look of House C

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #17 - Aug 8th, 2011 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
Memnir wrote on Aug 8th, 2011 at 2:27pm:
I'm just afraid that with two raids coming out, they'll be another set of One Room Wonders. More glorified encounters then raids, ala HoX and VoD.

Hope I'm wrong, and they put some effort into em. But... yeah, I can't say I'm optimistic.

Well, we should know tomorrow.   Fingers crossed...

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Invelios
VoD Slasher

Reply #18 - Aug 8th, 2011 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
or they could just be re-releasing titan Smiley

and slipping it into House C.

IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #19 - Aug 8th, 2011 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
actually im pretty optimistic for the content/items. the last couple adventure packs have been pretty good for both bridge gear and fun quests. just worried about game ruining bugs is all lol.

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #20 - Aug 8th, 2011 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
Invelios wrote on Aug 8th, 2011 at 2:48pm:
or they could just be re-releasing titan Smiley

and slipping it into House C.

I'm guessing it will be a similar format to Twilight Forge and VoN 5/6 and that's why it says 2 new raids.

IP Logged

Combat Wombat
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Aug 8th, 2011 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
Haven't we known for awhile that at least a portion of this was going take place in the mournlands? Which pretty much implies lord of blades involvement.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #22 - Aug 8th, 2011 at 3:29pm
Print Post  
http://www.ddo.com/update11/

http://www.ddo.com/cannithdevdiary

Quote:
House Cannith

The leadership of House Cannith is dominated by a post-war worldview. When introducing Cannith to DDO, and the wider continent of Xendrik in Update 11, we made certain that worldview is a core component of the story that players experience.

House Cannith invests much in their Artificers' arcane machinations, which they believe help make the world of Eberron a safer place. This belief is arguably a more potent source of power than the creation forges which helped – either in part, or fully – to create Eberron's many wonders: airships, high-speed lightning rails, massive golem constructs (capable of combating even demonic invasions), and the power crystals used in every Cannith installation.

While there's little doubt among Eberron's denizens that House Cannith has, and continues, to guard them from harm – mistakes are bound to happen. Originally, the warforged were created for war, emerging from House Cannith's creation forges as ready-made soldiers and sold by Cannith to other nations in the Last War. After decades of battle-by-bondage, the warforged were granted their freedom when the Last War came to a close.

Since that time, House Cannith has diverged into separate viewpoints. One group views the warforged as a self-imposed obligation, urging others to take responsibility for their creations. Conversely, the official view of House Cannith is that, while Cannith is definitely responsible for them, the warforged must be allowed to find their own path in the world. It's from these two views and many other factors that the struggle of the warforged stems.

The Artificers

A unique element of Eberron, Artificers manipulate arcane magic like no other. Masters of the creation forges -- and responsible for creating the warforged -- the Artificers' reputation for arcane knowledge is undisputed. Traditionally, Artificers prefer to avoid getting their hands dirty in a fight, using personally-made constructs that perform a variety of tasks, but are especially capable in combat.

The Struggle of the Warforged

Pandora's Box was opened when House Cannith created and sold the sentient warforged to other nations. Burdened by the weight of bondage, both the warforged and Artificers of House Cannith are uncertain of what solution is best, or if there's a solution at all. There are no clearly-drawn lines of right and wrong; tough decisions lie ahead of everyone involved.

Master Artificer Toven d'Cannith shoulders affection for the warforged, considering them newborns in need of protection and guidance. In an effort to perpetuate his belief of warforged co-existence, Toven has created a device which he claims will resolve the current situation. His superiors have expressed displeasure in light of this claim, and it's unclear how he will take this news.

Fighting for Warforged Freedom

With Cannith and the Artificers setting up camp in Stormreach, there's bound to be buzz surrounding the Lord of Blades, worshiped as a great prophet by some -- a god by those more zealous to his cause. Others simply proclaim the Lord of Blades a freedom fighter, striving to teach the warforged how to own their independence. Regardless of what's true and what isn't, the Lord of Blades firmly believes that true warforged freedom must be won. The question is at what cost and currency is he willing to pay?

Regardless of whether or not you're a warforged player, expect to make difficult choices when dealing with House Cannith and their creations. With that said, those who do play warforged and are sovereign hosts of the Lord of Blades will uncover hidden truths.

Conspiracy Theories

There's always been rumors and mystery surrounding the existence of the warforged. Did House Cannith truly create these creatures, or was there more at work? Why is House Cannith so interested in the relics found on the dark continent of Xendrik, home to Stormreach city? Are they here only to defend against the harsh evils found throughout the continent's wilderness, or is there a hidden agenda?

Many know there are ancient powers that slumber in realms beyond – powers some might wish to use for their own gain. Rumors abound, indeed.

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

Sham
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Random Effects
on Named Loot! - No one
ever

Reply #23 - Aug 8th, 2011 at 3:39pm
Print Post  
2 new raids!!!! I just jizzed my pants...

Hopefully they become consistently run and popular raids.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #24 - Aug 8th, 2011 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
Sham wrote on Aug 8th, 2011 at 3:39pm:
2 new raids!!!! I just jizzed my pants...

Hopefully they become consistently run and popular raids.

Well, they way we have been dying for content I would bet the odds are good but it all hinges on the gear.   Raids with good shit gets run raids with meh or crappy shit doesn't get run.

Quote:

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint