Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Artificer Screenshot (Read 13531 times)
kitsune_ko
Titan Demolisher

Halfling Pali-Rogues FTW!

Re: Artificer Screenshot
Reply #25 - Aug 9th, 2011 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
Ebberon is the bizzare twisted bastard child of DnD getting rat-arsed drunk and having a alcohol-fueled one nighter with the world of Jules Verne. DnD woke up the next day going "What the fuck did I just do?" and now has to grudgingly support this horrible abomination it created.

There, I said it. And I feel much better for it.

Ebberon is pretty much incompatable with pretty much anything else DnD based. Go ahead an roll up a Warforged char sheet and take it to any DnD Con and see who will let you join their campaign.

Most likely you will be sent to sit in with "Those other guys" from Ebberon. I can even imagine it will be stated exactly as that "Those other guys".

Saying Ebberon is based on DnD is like saying James Camerons "Titanic" is based on a historical event. At best, its a passing nod.

"Shiny stuff comes and goes; XP is forever."

2008-10-15: Full frontal Nerdity

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #26 - Aug 9th, 2011 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
kitsune_ko wrote on Aug 9th, 2011 at 3:01pm:
Ebberon is the bizzare twisted bastard child of DnD getting rat-arsed drunk and having a alcohol-fueled one nighter with the world of Jules Verne. DnD woke up the next day going "What the fuck did I just do?" and now has to grudgingly support this horrible abomination it created.

Ebberon is pretty much incompatable with pretty much anything else DnD based. Go ahead an roll up a Warforged char sheet and take it to any DnD Con and see who will let you join their campaign.

Most likely you will be sent to sit in with "Those other guys" from Ebberon. I can even imagine it will be stated exactly as that "Those other guys".

Saying Ebberon is based on DnD is like saying James Camerons "Titanic" is based on a historical event. At best, its a passing nod.

Yet, you've been playing DDO for how long now?

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

rev Jim
American Azog

I GOT VEINS

Reply #27 - Aug 9th, 2011 at 6:06pm
Print Post  

you're wrong and you are acting like a little child.

grow the fuck up, bitch.

Quote:
Rev. Jim.
He is the only guy here that posts quality, you should all learn from him.

IP Logged

kitsune_ko
Titan Demolisher

Reply #28 - Aug 9th, 2011 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
I have been playing for around two years. This is however not a nod to the awesomesauce that is the world of Ebberon, it is because of the fact that, as the only online MMORPG DnD-based/themed game, it is currently this or nothing.

I have nothing against High-Tech being in my RP games, I was probably one of the few that owned/played "Traveller" when it was released, and really did enjoy it. It was also based loosely on DnD rules.

But my Vargar Hunter from Traveller, equipped with a laser carbine and enviromental/space suit belongs in traditional DnD about as much as dragging my Half-Elf Druid into the Traveller universe. I enjoy both settings, but mixing them together would create an abomination.

Or for you slow-minded folk, I will put it in simpler, easier-to-understand terms.

You can love your dog, and you can love sex. But combining the two together is not a recipe for creating a double-helping of awesomeness. Grin

For me DnD just should not include High Technology. When you start throwing robots and lasers into it, it is no longer really DnD, but just another DnD themed/inspired game.
« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2011 at 7:56pm by kitsune_ko »  

IP Logged

Neouni
Korthos Resident

May contain nuts

Reply #29 - Aug 9th, 2011 at 8:56pm
Print Post  
People allow magic,
they allow wands to cast magic,
but if it's shaped like a gun or cannon they go 'OMG gunpowder didn't exist back then'.

You should ask a DM what strange and awesome things players have come up with.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #30 - Aug 10th, 2011 at 5:48am
Print Post  
kitsune_ko wrote on Aug 9th, 2011 at 7:55pm:
Or for you slow-minded folk, I will put it in simpler, easier-to-understand terms.

You can love your dog, and you can love sex. But combining the two together is not a recipe for creating a double-helping of awesomeness. Grin

For me DnD just should not include High Technology. When you start throwing robots and lasers into it, it is no longer really DnD, but just another DnD themed/inspired game.

The only slow minded person is you.  You want to bitch about DDO that is based on Eberron.  Okay, well make it legitimate.  This has always been Eberron, not DDO, but Eberron.  It was bound to happen as the game went on.  So, finish crying yourself a river, write a suicide note, then drown in your own tears.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #31 - Aug 10th, 2011 at 9:27am
Print Post  
The poking around I did on Lam Artificers seem very cool.  I'm excited to try them hands on.  I have been saving repeaters for years and have a nice bunch to use.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #32 - Aug 10th, 2011 at 9:30am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Aug 10th, 2011 at 9:27am:
The poking around I did on Lam Artificers seem very cool.  I'm excited to try them hands on.  I have been saving repeaters for years and have a nice bunch to use.

I thought artificers weren't released on lam yet?

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Aug 10th, 2011 at 9:38am
Print Post  

I looked through this last page and was all set to defend you because it looked like you were getting dumped on a bit too hard, but this may be one of the dumbest comments I have read on the vault.  Sad

It's not 'based on D&D.'  It's one of many official D&D campaign settings.  May as well say that the Forgotten Realms are 'loosely based' on D&D because they don't include Myth Drannor, or Planescape isn't legitimate because the Sigil Factions aren't in the player's handbook at all.  Sad

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #34 - Aug 10th, 2011 at 10:16am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Aug 10th, 2011 at 9:30am:
I thought artificers weren't released on lam yet?

They aren't but the framework is there.  The artificer trainer is there and has most of it's help dialog.  For example it has the option to change your pets enhancements...
« Last Edit: Aug 10th, 2011 at 10:17am by Eladiun »  

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #35 - Aug 10th, 2011 at 10:40am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Aug 10th, 2011 at 10:16am:
They aren't but the framework is there.  The artificer trainer is there and has most of it's help dialog.  For example it has the option to change your pets enhancements...

I checked out the trapmaking station in House C while I was over there.  Apparently you can create upgrades for your puppy using handwraps.  Also the trap recipes were changed to not include soul gems it seems but differing amounts of lesser essences.

IP Logged

Hendrik
Ex Member

Reply #36 - Aug 10th, 2011 at 11:25am
Print Post  
LordPiglet wrote on Aug 8th, 2011 at 6:19pm:
Then you should obviously make it

Megamann
XMegamanX
or
Megadrizzt

Awesomesauce!

So gonna go reserve Megadrizztman.

Cool

IP Logged

Hendrik
Ex Member

Reply #37 - Aug 10th, 2011 at 11:26am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Aug 10th, 2011 at 10:16am:

Prolly release content on Llama in stages, like last few updates there.  Kinda like some focused-testing/feedback.

IP Logged

kitsune_ko
Titan Demolisher

Reply #38 - Aug 10th, 2011 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Aug 10th, 2011 at 9:38am:
I looked through this last page and was all set to defend you because it looked like you were getting dumped on a bit too hard, but this may be one of the dumbest comments I have read on the vault.  Sad

It's not 'based on D&D.'  It's one of many official D&D campaign settings.  May as well say that the Forgotten Realms are 'loosely based' on D&D because they don't include Myth Drannor, or Planescape isn't legitimate because the Sigil Factions aren't in the player's handbook at all.  Sad 

Mmm, A poor choice of words I suppose. Happens when one is rushed and trying to get a post finished before heading off to work. I should have more properly said "Historical re-enactment of fact" not just "Historical fact".

As british schooled, I am probably more aware of the facts/events involving the Titanic disaster then most.

The point was that Ebberon swung far left of standard DnD guidelines. You can take a char with their race/class from Forgotten Realms and drop it into almost any other normal module; but Ebberons special classes/races cannot do the same.

Magewrights, Artificers and Warforged, Eneko (Half Half-giant and half-ogre, really?), Daelkyr Half-Blood.. A lot of the core/common races are still there but there is also a huge list of "Only in Ebberon" races/classes/feats/skills that I never heard of before.

http://www.pathguy.com/eberron.htm

I found this quick guide for creating Ebberon chars for campaigns, but I have to say that in 20 years of DnD, this is mostly greek to me.

Haha, its like Ebberon was designed by somone who had a basic working knowledge of DnD core rules and in designing the Ebberon rules/classes/lore they just said "Fuck it, I'm making all my own shit for this one".

I am sure its very interesting for those who play, but I still do not feel its "true" DnD.
« Last Edit: Aug 10th, 2011 at 2:45pm by kitsune_ko »  

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Aug 10th, 2011 at 3:29pm
Print Post  
Meh, just another campaign setting.  There are tons of specialty priests and other PrEs that are specific to different game worlds, so I really don't see it as being that radical of a departure, myself.  No more so than Planescape, at the very least, and I'd imagine you could cause yourself a nice riot by saying that Planescape isn't 'real D&D.'  Tongue

IP Logged

Invelios
VoD Slasher

Reply #40 - Aug 10th, 2011 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
what was the 2nd edition setting with playable hippos and space pirates, starjammer?

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #41 - Aug 10th, 2011 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
Invelios wrote on Aug 10th, 2011 at 3:59pm:
what was the 2nd edition setting with playable hippos and space pirates, starjammer?

Spelljammer

That was good times. Flying though space in your fancy boat only to encounter a beholder powered Death Star that annihilates your entire crew and party.
« Last Edit: Aug 10th, 2011 at 4:40pm by Glenalth »  
IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in
Argonnessen Apple flavor!

Reply #42 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 1:01am
Print Post  
kitsune_ko wrote on Aug 8th, 2011 at 10:18pm:
Is it just me, or DDO getting further and further from DnD and more and more like Warhammer 3000?

I swear every time I see shit like this added to DDO, I die a little more inside. If I wanted to play a game with Robots and frikken arm mounted lasers, I would not be playing DDO. Or at least I thought I would not be.. Angry

Hi Welcome

Hi Welcome and GFY.

Eberron is the only published campaign setting worth half of a fuck. Yes, half a fuck. You know the kind where the other person climbs off and walks away?

Memnir wrote on Aug 9th, 2011 at 12:17pm:
I expect them to only kinda/sorta resemble their PnP counterparts. I think they'll be Monkified pretty highly.

So completely worthless for 2 years then mostly worthless for a bit longer?
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2011 at 1:06am by Hi Welcome »  

Epoch wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 5:15am:
When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

Eladiun wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 1:46pm:
If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

Nevynn
Horoluth Raider

Badgertastic!!

Reply #43 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 11:01am
Print Post  
Hi Welcome wrote on Aug 11th, 2011 at 1:01am:
You know the kind where the other person climbs off and walks away?

Uh, no actually.  Maybe your technique needs some work?

WWWGTalk  
IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in
Argonnessen Apple flavor!

Reply #44 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
Nevynn wrote on Aug 11th, 2011 at 11:01am:
Uh, no actually.  Maybe your technique needs some work?

Nice try, but no. I was describing what a half a fuck is.

Epoch wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 5:15am:
When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

Eladiun wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 1:46pm:
If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint