Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) U11 Release notes are up (Read 13284 times)
apep
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: U11 Release notes are up
Reply #50 - Aug 10th, 2011 at 10:28am
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Aug 9th, 2011 at 6:46pm:
I just bought a stack of Elite-opening bells from the DDO store to try this out.

I've just run through 5 lowbie quests in a row on Elite and my Bravery streak is 1 Hard, 1 Elite and it still says that I am ineligible for bonus XP.

Something isn't working right.

Do you remember your character level relative to quest level? It seems to only work for quests relatively close to your level.
Doesn't seem to work for a level 1 quest on elite (level 3) when you're a level 4.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #51 - Aug 10th, 2011 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Aug 10th, 2011 at 9:38am:
Seems everybody ( and the alleged dog ) is after the new party/raid UI.

<aoler> me too</aoler>

But not for the obvious reason...
I'm after it because it's huge and takes a lot of space ( ok, I have room to waste when I'm on Dual screen  Wink, but from time to time I play on the 1280*768 from my laptop... and here I'm not sure I'll be able to see something with the new UI. )
I'm after it because it doesn't show the important thing : the debuffs
I'm after it because it doesn't show the last two members of the raid group ( I hope it's a bug )
I'm after it because the Mana/Ki bar is bugged.

sorry for the rant. Cheesy

I'm after it because the Blackbird UI Skin has to be recoded due to the UI change.

Other than that, they're obviously tinkering with it, and its a good idea to have it.

Every other game I've played let's me see everyone's mana and hp already.

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #52 - Aug 10th, 2011 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I'm after it because the Blackbird UI Skin has to be recoded due to the UI change.

Other than that, they're obviously tinkering with it, and its a good idea to have it.

Every other game I've played let's me see everyone's mana and hp already.

But for what reason make it so unwieldy? It is huge and it is cutting shit off that one might need.  I love the concept of the changes but don't need to have the party list fill up a quarter of my screen and still not be all of the party.

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #53 - Aug 10th, 2011 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
Hordo wrote on Aug 10th, 2011 at 2:04pm:
But for what reason make it so unwieldy? It is huge and it is cutting shit off that one might need.  I love the concept of the changes but don't need to have the party list fill up a quarter of my screen and still not be all of the party.

Indeed. It needs tweaking in a very bad way.

But it's still a very positive change overall.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #54 - Aug 10th, 2011 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
Yeah. I like the concept but good grief please lose all that dead space.

I can also not find the autoattack toggle thingy indicator any more. I did something wacky to my autoattack and I could not figure out how to get my cleric out of stance. It was very annoying.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #55 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 3:25am
Print Post  
Did anybody see in the release notes something about Trapmaking ?

According to what I saw yesterday on Lamaland it seems they made a stealth change to that.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Combat Wombat
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #56 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 3:28am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Aug 11th, 2011 at 3:25am:
Did anybody see in the release notes something about Trapmaking ?

According to what I saw yesterday on Lamaland it seems they made a stealth change to that.

elaborate?

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #57 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 5:09am
Print Post  
No more Soul Gems... But Cannith Crafting Essences instead. ( I forgot to check if it was lesser or greater essences ugh, silly me. )

And there's something that uses +x Handwraps ( forgot what is made using the handwraps )

And I'm not even talking of the Altar I found in the Cannith Manufactury... or should I say : Yet Another Kind of Crafting Altar. ( with 6/7 new collecties that go cluttering your already cluttered bags and all )
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2011 at 5:14am by Flav »  

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #58 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 7:55am
Print Post  
I thought that handwrap thingamy in House Cannith was for artificer stuff, although TBH I've paid almost nil attention to trapmaking, so it could have been related to that. Handwraps seem a bit weird though as a base ingredient, I was a bit.... huh? about that.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #59 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 9:22am
Print Post  
well as I encountered it first on House C  trapmaking device I thought also that it was something specific, so I ran to the Harbor to check the trapmaking device there, it had the same selection.

IP Logged

DakotanSky
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #60 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
Sweet, people will judge me for my gigantic HP bar and not my crappy playing ability.  Who ever said its not the size that counts, but what you do with it must have been out of their mind.

If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut.
    Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Emili
Shroud Slacker

Reply #61 - Aug 12th, 2011 at 8:32am
Print Post  
Quote:
How so?

I'd love to know what the power curve is set at now. I've gotten rather bored with the game and I'm hoping U11 will spark my interest back in it.

Quote:
Vanshilar

Did some HP testing on Lam. Method used to test HP can be found [url="http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=2970590&postcount=3"]here[/url]. Figures are in (normal, hard, elite).

ToD part 1 Jailer (orthon):
Current: 90k 120k 158k
New: 118k 160k 325k

Tod part 1 Judge (pit fiend):
Current: 90k 120k 160k
New: 118k 165k 340k

Abbot:
Current: 135k 135k 135k
New: 135k N/A 135k

So basically the new normal is roughly like the current hard, the new hard is roughly like the current elite, and the new elite is pretty far out, for ToD. (By the way, the current elite Horoth is 350k HP, as well as elite Suulomades for both VoD and ToD, for comparison). I should also note that it looks like the Jailer now has true seeing (my 20% blurry never procced, although not that big of a sample size), and has fort, which I'm guessing is 25% 50% 75% (although I don't have a big sample size, so just guessing based on what I saw). It looks like the Judge has fort of 50% 75% 100%, although again that's just guessing because of a small sample size. (Current Jailer is ~0% fort for all difficulties, and the pit fiends in ToD are currently all 50% fort on all difficulties.)

So there's somewhat of a ramp-up for normal/hard, with elite being very difficult. This is probably to balance out the increase in gear and caster abilities; for example, while previously the "gold standard" for pit fiends was a mineral 2 green steel weapon, now with the advent of Cannith crafting it is +5 holy burst silver of greater bane. Caster DoTs are of course also a relatively recent addition. There is now quite a wide gap between hard and elite.

It looks like Abbot's HP still isn't scaling by difficulty -- it's possible this wasn't addressed in time for the current code build on Lamannia.

Pretty much as I thought... Turn in your Khopeshes... pick up 2hf and some epic ones or cannith crafted Gaxe.
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2011 at 8:33am by Emili »  

|IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 | IMaj7 vim7 | iim7 V13 |III7+  VI9 | iim9  V13 |IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 |IMaj7 vim7 |iim7 V13 |I6  ivm7  bVII9 |I69   |

Bonheur dans la vie, c'est d'aimer et d'etre aimé et quand s'en va, l'espoir fuit.

IP Logged

Mastertool
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #62 - Aug 12th, 2011 at 10:35am
Print Post  
I think the changes to fortification would be fine if we could decrease it using Sunder like they said we would be able to.

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #63 - Aug 12th, 2011 at 10:37am
Print Post  
Emili wrote on Aug 12th, 2011 at 8:32am:
Pretty much as I thought... Turn in your Khopeshes... pick up 2hf and some epic ones or cannith crafted Gaxe.

I'm feeling really bad for rogues right now...

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

Neouni
Korthos Resident

May contain nuts

Reply #64 - Aug 12th, 2011 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
So in the new system its:
Normal, ok rogues can come
Hard, Let me see if i got a spot
Elite, we will call you

IP Logged

Emili
Shroud Slacker

Reply #65 - Aug 12th, 2011 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
Mastertool wrote on Aug 12th, 2011 at 10:35am:
I think the changes to fortification would be fine if we could decrease it using Sunder like they said we would be able to.

That would be nice ... but it would also entail feating for improved sunder. Believe it or not I still use that strike on occasions where I see other people struggling to hit. Some bosses also resist it somehow? Never quite figured that out.

Contrary to popular belief most melee do NOT hit on a two, especially those who seem to fall under full bab in epics. Most these people write off a two, three or even five as, Oh Well. Yet! you can see it's effect in end fights especially.

Smrti knows what I'm speaking of... I like him he's a rather observant fella.
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2011 at 5:21pm by Emili »  

|IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 | IMaj7 vim7 | iim7 V13 |III7+  VI9 | iim9  V13 |IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 |IMaj7 vim7 |iim7 V13 |I6  ivm7  bVII9 |I69   |

Bonheur dans la vie, c'est d'aimer et d'etre aimé et quand s'en va, l'espoir fuit.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #66 - Aug 12th, 2011 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
Emili wrote on Aug 12th, 2011 at 5:19pm:

That would be nice ... but it would also entail feating for improved sunder. Believe it or not I still use that strike on occasions where I see other people struggling to hit. Some bosses also resist it somehow? Never quite figured that out.

Contrary to popular belief most melee do NOT hit on a two, especially those who seem to fall under full bab in epics. Most these people write off a two, three or even five as, Oh Well. Yet! you can see it's effect in end fights especially.

Smrti knows what I'm speaking of... I like him he's a rather observant fella.

Indeed. While playing around in eda, wizking, bigtop, etc where bosses have 60+ ac, I find myself having turn off pa. It's kinda sad to me, but I did take a -10 to hit for the extra oomph. I can usually hit (with pa on and gimpy as I am) on a 6 or better in those quests, but you'd be surprised how often you low-roll in this game. A string of misses can make aggro go wonky :p

Emi, you only say that because you know I'll catch you slipping one of these days. I do want more stories though, although I don't know when I'll be back online regularly.

IP Logged

Emili
Shroud Slacker

Reply #67 - Aug 12th, 2011 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
JC wrote on Aug 12th, 2011 at 10:37am:
I'm feeling really bad for rogues right now...

I suppose I do not feel not too badly about such, but then again I never dump str and have a obsession with "to-hit". Something about a good spanking.

A long time ago, when my fighter was "a tank" ... I started her with 16 strength. We only had four enhancements back then and of course I took the Str, fighter boosts  and CE enhancements ... cannot remember the fourth. She ruled Tempest Spine elite ... but in normal regular quests hard pressed “to-Hit” even with the +10 fighter boost was back then she was very quirky.

Was Co6 elite she was level seven or maybe eight and the reavers she was powerless against except to retain agro even with a 30+ to-hit. Swish Swish  Hit, Swish Swish  Hit...  Jade saved my bumn, or should say the parties, we had to bring him in from the outside. Was shortly afters that I rerolled swearing off the idea of a tank for some time. Was not until 32 points were available I saw potential for it again.
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2011 at 5:41pm by Emili »  

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #68 - Aug 12th, 2011 at 6:06pm
Print Post  
Emili wrote on Aug 12th, 2011 at 5:36pm:
I suppose I do not feel not too badly about such, but then again I never dump str and have a obsession with "to-hit". Something about a good spanking.

A long time ago, when my fighter was "a tank" ... I started her with 16 strength. We only had four enhancements back then and of course I took the Str, fighter boosts  and CE enhancements ... cannot remember the fourth. She ruled Tempest Spine elite ... but in normal regular quests hard pressed “to-Hit” even with the +10 fighter boost was back then she was very quirky.

Was Co6 elite she was level seven or maybe eight and the reavers she was powerless against except to retain agro even with a 30+ to-hit. Swish Swish  Hit, Swish Swish  Hit...  Jade saved my bumn, or should say the parties, we had to bring him in from the outside. Was shortly afters that I rerolled swearing off the idea of a tank for some time. Was not until 32 points were available I saw potential for it again.

We can't bust heads like we used to. But we have our ways. One trick is to tell stories that don't go anywhere. Like the time I caught the airship to Kundarak. I needed a new heel for m'shoe. So I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Kundarak in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt. Which was the style at the time. Now, to take the airship cost a copper, and in those days, coppers had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Gimme ten bees for a silver, you'd say. Now where was I... oh yeah. The important thing was that I had an onion tied to my belt, which was the style at the time. You couldn't get white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones..
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2011 at 6:07pm by Maxwell Edison »  

IP Logged

Sham
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Random Effects
on Named Loot! - No one
ever

Reply #69 - Aug 12th, 2011 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Aug 12th, 2011 at 6:06pm:
We can't bust heads like we used to. But we have our ways. One trick is to tell stories that don't go anywhere. Like the time I caught the airship to Kundarak. I needed a new heel for m'shoe. So I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Kundarak in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt. Which was the style at the time. Now, to take the airship cost a copper, and in those days, coppers had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Gimme ten bees for a silver, you'd say. Now where was I... oh yeah. The important thing was that I had an onion tied to my belt, which was the style at the time. You couldn't get white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones..

awww. Don't be mean.

I actually like the fort change. Rogues will no longer be tops boss dps Smiley. 2hf gains more dps versus 2wf. Monks are better for elite.
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2011 at 7:01pm by Sham »  

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #70 - Aug 12th, 2011 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
Sham wrote on Aug 12th, 2011 at 6:56pm:
awww. Don't be mean.

I actually like the fort change. Rogues will no longer be tops boss dps Smiley. 2hf gains more dps versus 2wf. Monks are better for elite.

I suspect for normal runs, people will want blitz style builds.

For elite, they will want thf barbs.

Monks will be forgotten entirely by pugs.

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #71 - Aug 12th, 2011 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
Sham wrote on Aug 12th, 2011 at 6:56pm:
awww. Don't be mean.

I didn't think I was being mean at all.  I like to jump on any opportunity for a well-timed, context appropriate, pop culture quote.

IP Logged

Semper
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #72 - Aug 12th, 2011 at 10:08pm
Print Post  
have to agree with kimber , I'm loving the fact you can assign meta's to spells now

IP Logged

Emili
Shroud Slacker

Reply #73 - Aug 13th, 2011 at 11:52pm
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Aug 12th, 2011 at 7:05pm:
I didn't think I was being mean at all.  I like to jump on any opportunity for a well-timed, context appropriate, pop culture quote.

That's the way I understood that... you were not mean at all.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint