Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Just a thought... (Read 1251 times)
Emili
Shroud Slacker

Just a thought...
Aug 9th, 2011 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
Quote:
•Great Crossbows now knock most opponents over on a vorpal strike (floating targets, bosses, and raid bosses are immune to this effect.)

•Descriptions have been updated for exotic weapon proficiencies to include the special abilities granted by those weapons when proficient.

•Many raid bosses have grown stronger as a result of their numerous encounters with players. Many that did not have the following now do: True Seeing, some Metamagic feats, and some amount of fortification versus critical hits. They have also been given extra hit points and physical damage output. The amount of the increase is higher for higher level raid bosses, and for those on harder difficulty settings.

Curiously, I suppose the ideas from forum are starting to trickle in down the road...

I envision a point later in the future where the 2hd'r becomes ultimately the best of all weapons again for all situations.
« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2011 at 4:53pm by Emili »  

|IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 | IMaj7 vim7 | iim7 V13 |III7+  VI9 | iim9  V13 |IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 |IMaj7 vim7 |iim7 V13 |I6  ivm7  bVII9 |I69   |

Bonheur dans la vie, c'est d'aimer et d'etre aimé et quand s'en va, l'espoir fuit.

IP Logged

JakLee
Bailiff

Monotremes and Money

Re: Just a thought...
Reply #1 - Aug 9th, 2011 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
actually, I hope the Great Cross bows get MASSIVELY overpowered soon with this (and hopefully other soon to be released updates to ranged).  You see I have a few  GS Greatcrossbow's from trying to make something else & not reading instructions carefully.....

from Preamus: Quote:
at least i'm agnostic so while I "think" you're full of crap I don't "know" you're full of crap

Strakeln wrote on Feb 1st, 2012 at 10:37pm:
JakLee will be the bailiff.  He's got a stun gun and everything.

Have you seen my platypus?
There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who need closure.

IP Logged

Emili
Shroud Slacker

Reply #2 - Aug 9th, 2011 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
JakLee wrote on Aug 9th, 2011 at 5:05pm:
actually, I hope the Great Cross bows get MASSIVELY overpowered soon with this (and hopefully other soon to be released updates to ranged).  You see I have a few  GS Greatcrossbow's from trying to make something else & not reading instructions carefully.....

Lol... I made one of those before.  Smiley

You've really no clue how those GS recipe listings came to be do you? Wink The devs did not give us those, all at first was trial. Then come tiers ... was even worse more trial and error.  Roll Eyes

I've tossed away tens to a hundred of GS junk made in testings a year later

In same light ... a great cross bow could never be OP unless they buff it's damage to unbelievable amounts above many spells or increase rof by at least x3. Only one mob really matters in any quest because trash mob clean up rather quickly vis mana... and so unless the great crossbow gains some useful dps to the raid boss - it is junk - Even it's special ability only effect "trash mob"
« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2011 at 5:32pm by Emili »  

|IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 | IMaj7 vim7 | iim7 V13 |III7+  VI9 | iim9  V13 |IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 |IMaj7 vim7 |iim7 V13 |I6  ivm7  bVII9 |I69   |

Bonheur dans la vie, c'est d'aimer et d'etre aimé et quand s'en va, l'espoir fuit.

IP Logged

Asketes
Puppy Farmer

Perma

Reply #3 - Aug 9th, 2011 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
JakLee wrote on Aug 9th, 2011 at 5:05pm:

not to mention I was there when you made not two but THREE longbows.

dumbass

Grin

IP Logged

Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Reply #4 - Aug 9th, 2011 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
Emili wrote on Aug 9th, 2011 at 5:20pm:

You've really no clue how those GS recipe listings came to be do you? Wink The devs did not give us those, all at first was trial. Then come tiers ... was even worse more trial and error.  Roll Eyes

I was keeping track of the specific combinations tried and failed during all of that.  After the pattern was recognized and filled in for the GS blanks, there was a guy that wanted to verify that all remaining combinations were invalid.  As an example, he was trying to verify that Wonderous Balm + Wonderous Jewel + Wonderous Scarab didn't make anything.  So he tried them all.  There were something like 140 combinations that hadn't been tried at that point, and he did every single one of them.  He spent more gold doing that than I had on all of my characters (back when gold actually meant something).

IP Logged

JakLee
Bailiff

Monotremes and Money

Reply #5 - Aug 9th, 2011 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
Emili wrote on Aug 9th, 2011 at 5:20pm:

In same light ... a great cross bow could never be OP unless they buff it's damage to unbelievable amounts above many spells or increase rof by at least x3. Only one mob really matters in any quest because trash mob clean up rather quickly vis mana... and so unless the great crossbow gains some useful dps to the raid boss - it is junk - Even it's special ability only effect "trash mob"

oh I know how they got made Em, I totally avoided the shroud crafting at that time & waited until everything was "figured out" long before I actually made anything....

oh & Perma - screw you, I totally thought that crafter was broken, took me what a week to realize it was my reading comprehension that was!

from Preamus: Quote:
at least i'm agnostic so while I "think" you're full of crap I don't "know" you're full of crap

Strakeln wrote on Feb 1st, 2012 at 10:37pm:
JakLee will be the bailiff.  He's got a stun gun and everything.

Have you seen my platypus?
There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who need closure.

IP Logged

Asketes
Puppy Farmer

Perma

Reply #6 - Aug 9th, 2011 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
JakLee wrote on Aug 9th, 2011 at 7:17pm:
oh I know how they got made Em, I totally avoided the shroud crafting at that time & waited until everything was "figured out" long before I actually made anything....

oh & Perma - screw you, I totally thought that crafter was broken, took me what a week to realize it was my reading comprehension that was!

hehehehe it sure was hilarious though

IP Logged

Semper
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Aug 12th, 2011 at 9:34pm
Print Post  
well hopefully its a good sign that there taking some ideas from the forums , maybe there finally opening there eyes a bit

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint