Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Looking for somebody on Khyber (Read 928 times)
Jezzik
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Looking for somebody on Khyber
Aug 13th, 2011 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
Back right before epics came out an awesome fellow by the name of Grihmly gave my barbarian Thudie a blood for my first pair of boots in game, didnt know me from adam. He pulled one in a pug he was on, I needed it and despite the price they fetched on the ah at the time, gave it to me in exchange for nothing just to help out.

I asked the guy if there was ANYTHING he wanted so I could try to get it for him. He didnt want plat or anything named, or mats or anything else. The only item he wanted in game was a lootgen item that I have never been able to find until now.

Maybe its useless now with crafting in the game but still, I've been trying to get this item for a longass time and I finally have it. He said not to worry about it but I want to give it to him dammit.

No idea if he still plays, havent seen him pop up on friends list in ages. If somebody knows him and he's running different toons or something please have him shoot Thudie a mail, thanks.

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Re: Looking for somebody on Khyber
Reply #1 - Aug 13th, 2011 at 7:34pm
Print Post  

If you don't find him, just pay it forward - help some new guy in a similar fashion.  I think we all had someone do something similar for us at some point, it's great when we get to the point of being able to pay it back.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Chris79
Stormreaver Piker

Wanna a lollipop?

Reply #2 - Aug 13th, 2011 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
Yea, I've been giving out charity for years....hell I pug with stainer, I'm a freakin saint!

-----------------------------------------------
Pyrric, Drilltex, Drilltor, Drillsworn - Khyber

IP Logged

Jezzik
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Aug 14th, 2011 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Aug 13th, 2011 at 7:34pm:
If you don't find him, just pay it forward - help some new guy in a similar fashion.  I think we all had someone do something similar for us at some point, it's great when we get to the point of being able to pay it back.

Yeah I try to do whatever I can whenever I can, its one of the funnest things about mmo's to me.

I dont usually pull many great items tho so its mostly little stuff like buying passes to rush f2p guys for minos ect.

IP Logged

JakLee
Bailiff

Monotremes and Money

Reply #4 - Aug 14th, 2011 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
yeah most of us who didn't start this in 06 have had similar experiences (though mine was in the old harbor not in amarath, lol) and try to pass stuff to the newbs who are learning - one of the funnest ones was passing a frost flame to a  guy in a pug - totally made his day as it was a piece of gear to look forward to (I think we were running level 4's or something lowbie and I had twinked it down).  He sent me thank you mail messages for like a week, lol

from Preamus: Quote:
at least i'm agnostic so while I "think" you're full of crap I don't "know" you're full of crap

Strakeln wrote on Feb 1st, 2012 at 10:37pm:
JakLee will be the bailiff.  He's got a stun gun and everything.

Have you seen my platypus?
There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who need closure.

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #5 - Aug 14th, 2011 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Aug 13th, 2011 at 7:34pm:

This. 

Random strangers helped me when I was new, and now I'm in a position to help random strangers who are new.  It's a cycle that makes Khyber a great place to be.

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint