Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Anyone else trying out Pathfinder? (Read 8422 times)
Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Re: Anyone else trying out Pathfinder?
Reply #75 - Sep 25th, 2011 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
Hi Welcome wrote on Sep 25th, 2011 at 5:23pm:
Ah yes, the classic claim to be joking when called out. Let me guess, you will next confess that this is also some sort of social experiment?

Here, I'll ask you a question you and I already know the answer to. Do you actually give a shit about tabletop 3.x at all, or is this just your typical Dischordian bullshit getting outplayed nicely? The others at least actually believe the delusional drek they are spewing everywhere. I'm not sure if that's better or worse.

I don't know why you keep trying to pin this on my religion, but it's not really as major a factor in my posting style as you seem to think it is. 

Here's the joke: 

Tobril wrote on Sep 25th, 2011 at 1:25pm:
Sounds like Hi Welcome has a shitty DM that can't make sure his players stay balanced in context with their challenges.

Cale wrote on Sep 25th, 2011 at 2:00pm:
Is there an echo in here?

Oakianus wrote on Sep 25th, 2011 at 2:24pm:
I'm not sure, but I can definitely tell you that it sounds like Hi Welcome has a shitty DM who is awful at making sure that challenges are balanced with the party members. 

I'm sorry that I didn't use the EXACT wording in order to make the joke more clear to your simple mind, but it should be pretty obvious.  He asked if there was an echo due to someone expressing a similar opinion, and then I said I didn't know if there was an echo before using almost exactly the same wording to express the same opinion. 

You can feel free not to think the joke was funny, because hey, different strokes.  But if you can't see that was supposed to be a joke, you're a fucking moron.

Regardless, I have one opinion in this thread that I've expressed regarding this subject and it's the only opinion I really have about it - anyone who would devote this much time and attention to bitching about Pathfinder is sorta pathetic as a person.

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in
Argonnessen Apple flavor!

Reply #76 - Sep 26th, 2011 at 7:29am
Print Post  
Dischordian, by definition means disagreeing/arguing with everything. It's like finding someone who won't STFU about how God will save you in every thread. They brought religion into it, not you.

I was very much aware of what you were getting at. Even so it means you had nothing but copy pasta. And yet despite that you've still managed to contribute more than that basket weaver over there, with his "Trollolol, if Pathfailure isn't totally perfect in every way it's all YOUR FAULT YOU CAN'T SEE IT HERPITY DERP." So props for that at least.

Also, friends don't let friends play shitty games. Don't let enemies play them either, because that's just not kosher.

Ultimately this all serves three purposes:

1: The one I just described.
2: Putting a warning label on bad players, aka the Warrior's Souls of the PnP community.
3: Providing lulz to myself and others.

It performs all of its intended functions admirably. Therefore, I shall continue to do so. Unfortunately it's currently less funny in the sense of lol than it is funny in the sense of "Why weren't these people retroactively aborted for the good of humanity?" Even so, it does meet the definition.
« Last Edit: Sep 26th, 2011 at 7:29am by Hi Welcome »  

Epoch wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 5:15am:
When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

Eladiun wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 1:46pm:
If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #77 - Sep 26th, 2011 at 11:37am
Print Post  
Uh, no.  That's not what Discordian means.  Considering that you obviously can't even fucking spell it, you should probably shut the fuck up until you know what you're talking about.  Sad 

And again, I was making a joke.  That joke wasn't actually aimed at you, despite the fact that it had your name in it.  Get over yourself and see the joke for what it is, kiddo.  Sad 

That said, if you think that disagreeing with you about a Pen and Paper RPG is a sign that someone is so stupid they should have been aborted, then you're probably pointing the stupid finger at the wrong people.  Sad  Your passion over this subject just makes you look like a prissy dickhole.

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in

Reply #78 - Sep 26th, 2011 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
Hey, stick up ass guy.

A few days ago you asked for examples of people being trolled.

Here is a thread in which a dumbfuck that doesn't know the meaning of hyperbole gets the fuck trolled out of him.

Know what else has a stick up their ass? A puppet. Dance on your strings, puppet man.

When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #79 - Sep 26th, 2011 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
Hi Welcome wrote on Sep 26th, 2011 at 2:17pm:
Hey, stick up ass guy.

A few days ago you asked for examples of people being trolled.

Here is a thread in which a dumbfuck that doesn't know the meaning of hyperbole gets the fuck trolled out of him.

Know what else has a stick up their ass? A puppet. Dance on your strings, puppet man.

It was all just hyperbole, man.  By giving overly vehement opinions and having someone say "Man, those opinions are overly vehement," that person got mega trolled. 

lol, I don't think you understand the meaning of the word, sweetheart.  Just stop before you embarrass yourself any further.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #80 - Sep 27th, 2011 at 6:23am
Print Post  
I would just like to say, DM's aren't as powerful as many think.  Sure they can just rofflestomp you, but that is when you know you have won.  Maybe not the campaign, but you have won the battle between DM and Player.  This, this is the battle that truly matters.  The goblins, leveling, classes, races, giants, dragons, cities, these are all just tools at your disposal.  How you use them is up to you.  What matters is the age old battle, between DM and Player.  You poor noobs have forgotten this, it is time you remember.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #81 - Sep 27th, 2011 at 11:53am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Sep 27th, 2011 at 6:23am:
I would just like to say, DM's aren't as powerful as many think.  Sure they can just rofflestomp you, but that is when you know you have won.  Maybe not the campaign, but you have won the battle between DM and Player.  This, this is the battle that truly matters.  The goblins, leveling, classes, races, giants, dragons, cities, these are all just tools at your disposal.  How you use them is up to you.  What matters is the age old battle, between DM and Player.  You poor noobs have forgotten this, it is time you remember.

Once again, the Vault steps up to make me feel better about the tabletop groups with which I grew up.

IP Logged

Alekx
VoD Slasher

Argonnessen

Reply #82 - Sep 27th, 2011 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Sep 27th, 2011 at 11:53am:
Once again, the Vault steps up to make me feel better about the tabletop groups with which I grew up.

bitch

~ Pure Life ~ Argonnessen ~

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #83 - Sep 28th, 2011 at 3:41am
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Sep 27th, 2011 at 11:53am:

lrn2ply n00b

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #84 - Sep 28th, 2011 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Sep 28th, 2011 at 3:41am:
lrn2ply n00b

Yeah, I might just be a hippy, but I have this crazy impression that neither side is trying to beat the other, and what's important is having balanced, appropriate encounters on the way to telling an interesting story that everyone enjoys. 

I know, I'm obviously doing it wrong.  Tongue

IP Logged

Cleavon
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #85 - Sep 28th, 2011 at 9:15pm
Print Post  

You sir, have forgotten that DDO and Pen and Paper Roleplaying games, are separate. 

In DDO it is us versus Turbine.

In Pen and Paper it is our DMs story, and us making characters that we enjoy to play, so that we can experience the DMs story in the way we wish to.

Quite frankly your views are the sort of things that Gary Gygax would find deplorable.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #86 - Sep 29th, 2011 at 4:51am
Print Post  
My views are the only correct view.  Ask me, I shall tell you.

Which reminds me, in a couple weeks I will be forced to do a 4.0 as the guy dming demands it so.  Despite my outrage of such barbarism, I lost the battle.  The war is just beginning.  Unlike Robb, I might now win all my battles, but I always win the war.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #87 - Sep 29th, 2011 at 4:53am
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Sep 28th, 2011 at 1:44pm:
Yeah, I might just be a hippy, but I have this crazy impression that neither side is trying to beat the other, and what's important is having balanced, appropriate encounters on the way to telling an interesting story that everyone enjoys. 

I know, I'm obviously doing it wrong.  Tongue 

I can't even understand what you are saying.  It makes no sense, it hurts my brain just trying to figure it out.

THIS DOES NOT COMPUTE

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #88 - Sep 29th, 2011 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Sep 29th, 2011 at 4:51am:
My views are the only correct view.  Ask me, I shall tell you.

Which reminds me, in a couple weeks I will be forced to do a 4.0 as the guy dming demands it so.  Despite my outrage of such barbarism, I lost the battle.  The war is just beginning.  Unlike Robb, I might now win all my battles, but I always win the war.

I'll probably get lynched for this, but 4.0 isn't as bad as every says it is.... from a certain perspective.
As you seem to agree with me on why 2.0 was better, I'll assume that you'll probably come to the same conclusion that I did regarding 4.0.

Character building is more min-max than it was in 2.0, but we've gotten used to that from 3.x so it isn't a slap in the face or anything.
Combat is faster, which is good.  Unfortunately it's also more boring, which is bad.  But it's over with quicker, so it doesn't seem as bad as it is.
All of your combat powers are basically the exact same throughout the levels, with differing damage values and a new name slapped on it.  Booooorrriiiiiiinnng.  Whatever.
But it's also a little more tactical, which I find to be a good thing.

But the one glaring thing that somewhat redeems it in my eyes is that I've found that more RP happens at the table now than it did in 3.x.
So the game is less fun, but at the same time it has renewed the fun aspect.  There are guys at the table that would NEVER do any RP previously, who I can get to RP fairly easily in 4.0.  Get your group RP'ing and you won't hate it completely.
« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2011 at 3:20pm by Cale »  

IP Logged

Gornin
Ex Member

Reply #89 - Sep 29th, 2011 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
Cale wrote on Sep 29th, 2011 at 3:19pm:
I'll probably get lynched for this, but 4.0 isn't as bad as every says it is.... from a certain perspective.
As you seem to agree with me on why 2.0 was better, I'll assume that you'll probably come to the same conclusion that I did regarding 4.0.

It does not play like D&D. It is a different game with D&D slapped on it. If they had called it some thing else, my expectations would have been different. It is not a bad game system, it  just is not D&D.

Quote:
Character building is more min-max than it was in 2.0, but we've gotten used to that from 3.x so it isn't a slap in the face or anything.

I hate the requirement of point buy.

Quote:
Combat is faster, which is good.  Unfortunately it's also more boring, which is bad.  But it's over with quicker, so it doesn't seem as bad as it is.

I would have to completely disagree with this. We found the battles to be longer.

Quote:
All of your combat powers are basically the exact same throughout the levels, with differing damage values and a new name slapped on it.  Booooorrriiiiiiinnng.  Whatever.

Yep, Booooring.

Quote:

Opinion, not gonna argue it.

Quote:
But the one glaring thing that somewhat redeems it in my eyes is that I've found that more RP happens at the table now than it did in 3.x.
So the game is less fun, but at the same time it has renewed the fun aspect.  There are guys at the table that would NEVER do any RP previously, who I can get to RP fairly easily in 4.0.  Get your group RP'ing and you won't hate it completely.

We found less opportunities for roleplay due to all the back and forth you have to do to see if a power works, if it can be avoided. It is a rules lawyers dream.
« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2011 at 5:48pm by »  

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #90 - Sep 29th, 2011 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
Different groups will play different ways.  Your group is obviously very different from mine.
While I won't say I like it, I also won't say I hate it as much as most people.  I dislike it, but I don't hate it.
It's a moot point for our group anyway, as we switched back to WoD, and I don't see that changing any time soon.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #91 - Sep 30th, 2011 at 12:12am
Print Post  
I've played 4.0 before, and Hi Welcome and I are completely on the same page as it.  This is another example of when I say fuck the game and let the battle between DM and player commence.  Revenge will be mine, and they will regret every second of it.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in

Reply #92 - Sep 30th, 2011 at 1:27pm
Print Post  

I loled. Nice troll, they fell for it like little bitches.

Cale wrote on Sep 29th, 2011 at 3:19pm:

Lol, more Cale Fail.

Combat faster in 4th edition? Are you fucking kidding me? You have to grind on the mob over and over and over again just to make it finally die. There was this robot battling show, and one of the contestants made a bot that focuses on pinning the other robot down and grinding them down with sand paper. It's kind of like that. And then you have to track a bunch of pointless shit like +1 damage for 1 round, and it's deliberately written to be as computer game like as possible (which means get it the fuck out of my tabletop game).

There is also nothing at all tactical about it. You use your abilities in a set rotation that does not even reference your opponents at any time. Fuck, 1st edition was more tactical and all most stuff did was move and attack.

And rofl roleplaying in 4th edition. And here I was thinking your herpaderpies could not possibly get any more virulent when you attempted to defend Pathfailure.

But then, you play WoD. Contracting herpaderpies is second nature to you.

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #93 - Sep 30th, 2011 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
Let me repeat myself for you Squelch.

Different groups will play different ways.  Your group is obviously very different from mine.
While I won't say I like it, I also won't say I hate it as much as most people.  I dislike it, but I don't hate it.

I know, I know, every single person on the planet that does something differently from the way that you personally do it is fucking retarded.  We all know that you're a self righteous douchebag.  Let it go.
Oh, and for the record, we had a guy like you in our group once, for a few weeks.
We gave him the boot because he made the game a chore rather than fun.
It's a role playing game.  RPG.  Role.  Playing.  Game.  When you turn it into an "I must win" situation, it's no longer playing a role.  At that point it's playing to win.  Except now you have to ask yourself, what happens when I win?
Oh, that's right.  You CAN'T fucking win.  All you can do is succeed and not die.

You can also succeed and not die if you're having fun instead of laywering.
« Last Edit: Sep 30th, 2011 at 2:15pm by Cale »  

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in

Reply #94 - Sep 30th, 2011 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
Cale wrote on Sep 30th, 2011 at 2:06pm:

I know, I know, every single person on the planet that does something differently from the way that you personally do it is fucking retarded.  We all know that you're a self righteous douchebag.  Let it go.

Ah yes, herpaderpies in place of an actual argument. How very typical of you. Have anything new to add? If no, do the world a favor and hold a knife in your hand.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #95 - Sep 30th, 2011 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
Cale wrote on Sep 30th, 2011 at 2:06pm:

Oh, and for the record, we had a guy like you in our group once, for a few weeks.
We gave him the boot because he made the game a chore rather than fun.
It's a role playing game.  RPG.  Role.  Playing.  Game.  When you turn it into an "I must win" situation, it's no longer playing a role.  At that point it's playing to win.  Except now you have to ask yourself, what happens when I win?
Oh, that's right.  You CAN'T fucking win.  All you can do is succeed and not die.

You can also succeed and not die if you're having fun instead of laywering.

It sounds like you're much more from the school of gaming than I.  Which is why I also enjoy WoD games.  The rules systems, especially oWoD, are nearly as bad as Shadowrun (from FASA, which stands for 'Fucked Another System Again'). 

But fuck, who cares?  They work, and as far as I'm concerned, the intro to one of the early Vampire books best sums up my feelings on rules in an RPG: playing an RPG is like playing Cops and Robbers with your friends, except when you say "Bang bang, you're dead!" and your friend starts shouting "NO I'M NOT!" you have something to fall back on to resolve the conflict. 

I have to agree with you on playing with folks who have that sort of mentality.  It really just fucks up the vibe of a group.  I remember we had someone who was sort of borderline in that situation - he was always trying to save his character's skin and get a leg up, though we had solid rules in place that kept him from lawyering.  When the final scene of our campaign (where I played Akrites, in fact!) ended with Mr. "My Sorc Isn't a Utility Wizard!" getting roasted by dragon's breath for staying back from the rest of the party in what he considered a 'safe' position, it was really, really satisfying.  Tongue

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #96 - Oct 1st, 2011 at 5:05am
Print Post  
Hi Welcome wrote on Sep 30th, 2011 at 1:27pm:
I loled. Nice troll, they fell for it like little bitches.

I won't lie, it worked better then I thought it would.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Cleavon
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #97 - Oct 1st, 2011 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
Ok boys, back on track now.  Pathfinder is badass if your gaming group isn't full of little whiny children.

Feel free to write volumes about why I'm wrong while I jerk off to pictures of your mothers asshole.

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in

Reply #98 - Oct 1st, 2011 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
Cleavon wrote on Oct 1st, 2011 at 2:01pm:
Ok boys, back on track now.  Pathfinder is badass if your gaming group isn't full of people with IQs higher than that of a small soap dish.

Feel free to write volumes about why I'm wrong while I jerk off to pictures of your fathers asshole.

Fixed.

Hi Welcome

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #99 - Oct 5th, 2011 at 5:15am
Print Post  
For my groups 4.0 experiment, I have decided on my build.  The unkillable revenant vampire.  He expects me to pwn shit in my typical 3.5 style, so he has prepared for it according to insider sources (my bro).  Now, I simply will not be able to die, it will be the greatest aggravation ever.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Send TopicPrint