Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Questions about ToD Elite (Read 11208 times)
Hendrik
Ex Member

Re: Questions about ToD Elite
Reply #25 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 8:26am
Print Post  
Part 1 is the 'hardest' of all part on Leet.

Using the doggie doors is what we do, better to have a hot foot then spikes in the back.

Not only use the door to the right (south) as you zone in, there are other doors that open that can be utilized for Judge.

We go, Jailer first, kill doggies as they appear, then to Judge.  We go for Dogs as they usually find our casters/healers first - they are outside of the doggie doors.

Best Leet so far is only 3 pots used party wide, worse was MUCH worse then that and should have been called a re-do.

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #26 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Part 1 is the 'hardest' of all part on Leet.

Using the doggie doors is what we do, better to have a hot foot then spikes in the back.

Not only use the door to the right (south) as you zone in, there are other doors that open that can be utilized for Judge.

We go, Jailer first, kill doggies as they appear, then to Judge.  We go for Dogs as they usually find our casters/healers first - they are outside of the doggie doors.

Best Leet so far is only 3 pots used party wide, worse was MUCH worse then that and should have been called a re-do.

Curious...do you use AC tanks on at least Horoth on Hard/Elite?

We did an Elite last night, 2 cleric 1 fvs 2 wizard 2 ac tanks 1 bard (twf variety) and DPS. Hamstring+ac makes for pretty easy healing on Horoth. This was probably the best group I have had for an Elite ToD though.

Rather unlucky on pt1 as the judge did his wing buffet almost straight away and killed me and the jailor kiter. Few more deaths and we just decided to redo it.

2nd run was very smooth and used the South Door/Room. You can fight on the platform until the door opens.

I had the fvs kite the jailor. I much prefer kiting to tanking.

DPS on pt2 was pretty good, so pt3 went very smooth. No pots for the whole run, which is my aim. 35 mins. About 4 rings dropped.

As Eladiun said, Elite ToD is a very good way to build teamwork/skill with people that run together a lot. It is also damn fun.

I plan to do this even after the spastic Elite changes, IMO we can do it with maybe 10-20 pots at the most first day. Will be a fun challenge for sure.

Oh solid fog helps with ac too as a debuff to Horoth.

Proud Leader & official Gimp of Crimson Eagles on Khyber
Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor WF FvS 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 18 - Splatsplat 18/2 DoSIII

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #27 - Aug 25th, 2011 at 8:11am
Print Post  
I remember the first time my guild went in for elite completion.  They all thought we were doing normal, I was the leader.  I hopped in and then someone said, "Elite?"  I said, "That is correct, now get the fuck in here you pansies, shut the fuck up, and listen."

We completed perfectly.  3~5 pots used.  They went on elite again the next week and had the shit beat out of them, or so I hear.  It was fantastic, wish I was logged in just to hear it.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Hendrik
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Aug 26th, 2011 at 8:08am
Print Post  
Felgor wrote on Aug 24th, 2011 at 8:39pm:
Curious...do you use AC tanks on at least Horoth on Hard/Elite?

We did an Elite last night, 2 cleric 1 fvs 2 wizard 2 ac tanks 1 bard (twf variety) and DPS. Hamstring+ac makes for pretty easy healing on Horoth. This was probably the best group I have had for an Elite ToD though.

Rather unlucky on pt1 as the judge did his wing buffet almost straight away and killed me and the jailor kiter. Few more deaths and we just decided to redo it.

2nd run was very smooth and used the South Door/Room. You can fight on the platform until the door opens.

I had the fvs kite the jailor. I much prefer kiting to tanking.

DPS on pt2 was pretty good, so pt3 went very smooth. No pots for the whole run, which is my aim. 35 mins. About 4 rings dropped.

As Eladiun said, Elite ToD is a very good way to build teamwork/skill with people that run together a lot. It is also damn fun.

I plan to do this even after the spastic Elite changes, IMO we can do it with maybe 10-20 pots at the most first day. Will be a fun challenge for sure.

Oh solid fog helps with ac too as a debuff to Horoth.

Really only used AC Tank on Leet to Tank Horoth and only cause we had one in party at the time.  Normally, high Amp/HP will do just fine.

Hard is the new normal.

Think he was 80+AC.

IP Logged

Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Reply #29 - Aug 26th, 2011 at 11:19am
Print Post  
OK, we have another run scheduled.  Here's what I posted as far as changes to strat:

Part 1:
  • Lock down or kite the Judge.  An evasion might be the way to go here, similar to Suluu in Part 3.  Thoughts?
  • Featherfall ON so that you can get off the wall if you get blown away.
  • Kill Jailor first up top until the hounds show, then move to the SOUTH dog room when it is available.  When you zone in, it's on the RIGHT.  If we get blown off, we'll fight him under the entry way (out of the lava) until the door opens up.

Part 2:  No change.

Part 3:
  • Horoth tank gets a tendon slice weapon to cycle to occasionally.  I want to see if it does anything noticable.
  • Bard keeps Displacement up on everyone else until Suluu dead, then trash killers until complete.
  • Healers get Mass Invis and don't do anything to make it drop (nothing offensive including auras).
  • Assign 3-4 to kill trash when required.  One person will stay out of the fight and keep an eye out for trash (monk?), the others can DPS in between.  We must keep the trash dead.
  • Are there any other debuffs to keep on Suluu and Horoth?  Waves, cloudkill/solid fog, tendon slice, ???

IP Logged

apep
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Aug 26th, 2011 at 11:31am
Print Post  
Inkblack wrote on Aug 26th, 2011 at 11:19am:
  • Horoth tank gets a tendon slice weapon to cycle to occasionally.  I want to see if it does anything noticable.
  • Are there any other debuffs to keep on Suluu and Horoth?  Waves, cloudkill/solid fog, tendon slice, ???

Tendon slice weapons don't work unless this change was accidentally reverted. The hamstring feat, which requires at least one rogue level, can still slow them down.

IP Logged

Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Reply #31 - Aug 26th, 2011 at 11:54am
Print Post  
apep wrote on Aug 26th, 2011 at 11:31am:
Tendon slice weapons don't work unless this change was accidentally reverted. The hamstring feat, which requires at least one rogue level, can still slow them down.

Figures.  No way I'd burn a feat on a rogue for that.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #32 - Aug 26th, 2011 at 11:56am
Print Post  
Inkblack wrote on Aug 26th, 2011 at 11:54am:
Figures.  No way I'd burn a feat on a rogue for that.

Anyone who has a Rogue splash on a Fighter type can probably afford it.  As long as Hamstring still works on Pit Fiends, I'd say it's worth taking instead of that 37th Toughness feat.

fnord

IP Logged

Sham
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Random Effects
on Named Loot! - No one
ever

Reply #33 - Aug 27th, 2011 at 11:57pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Aug 23rd, 2011 at 9:58am:
You obviously haven't played since U9 jackass.  You might want to get out a bit and learn the game.

Getting out and learning the game are two different things. Maybe you should get out a bit more?

Why so angry? I obviously made fun of myself about haven't done tod in a while, yet you're retarded enough to regurgitate my comment.

Is it your time of the month, dear?

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #34 - Aug 28th, 2011 at 12:29am
Print Post  
Sham wrote on Aug 27th, 2011 at 11:57pm:
Getting out and learning the game are two different things. Maybe you should get out a bit more?

Why so angry? I obviously made fun of myself about haven't done tod in a while, yet you're retarded enough to regurgitate my comment.

Is it your time of the month, dear?

Come on look at your initial response to me...

Sham wrote on Aug 23rd, 2011 at 5:26am:
It's pretty obvious you don't play a caster. You can't necro orthons in part 3 of tod. However, enervate + fts works nicely.

We have some history, dear, so excuse me as if I read that as a shot across my bow.   You saw an opportunity to take a shot at me and you fucked it up.  If you're gonna throw an arrogant , ill-informed, disdainful shot at me you obviously are going to get one back, creampuff.  What you expected me to just turn the other cheek? 

Obviously, you need to eat some concrete or shut the fuck up.  If you are going to call yourself Elite maybe you should actually know the game mechanics before telling me what classes I obviously don't play.  To me it seems a waste to TR Greedz if you have no clue how to play him maybe you should stick to barbs that seems to work for Axer.

FYI, I replied immediately before I finished reading the thread any regurgitation was unintentional. 
« Last Edit: Aug 28th, 2011 at 12:58am by Eladiun »  

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #35 - Aug 28th, 2011 at 1:07am
Print Post  
Sham wrote on Aug 27th, 2011 at 11:57pm:
yet you're retarded enough to regurgitate my comment.

In the interest of full disclosure all the good puns came to me on my ride to work.

...you would think this obvious to an elite raider...
...someone who runs elite raids...
...if you party with elite raiders...

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

Sham
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Random Effects
on Named Loot! - No one
ever

Reply #36 - Aug 28th, 2011 at 5:38am
Print Post  
Plzzzz...

Your melees don't hold a candle to anybody's let alone Axer's. Although I don't particularly care for him, even if you compare me to him, you wouldn't be half the player he is. Looking at dresdyn, funny you would laugh at my wizzy as I would shit over yours all day long.

Shoot me, I haven't done TOD for a while since I don't need to. From a caster perspective  that is still sound advice. I'm not mistaken. The orthons in part 3 have the mark of shavarath and since that is intended, I'm assuming it is a bug since the epic change.

I mean it would just be soooo horrible if instead of clearing trash in part 3, I would be mistaken and fts them. I can argue that it's better since the orthons don't respawn unless dead and you wouldn't have to keep clearing.

We have no history in my mind. I say some in your guild are shitty and some are enjoyable to group with. I retain that stance. There is no history between the two of us specifically as we've never grouped together.  Please continue, Papa Bear.

How many helpers' does it take to do heyton's rest?
You know what helper's can help everyone by doing?

Hardy har har... yuk.

« Last Edit: Aug 28th, 2011 at 5:58am by Sham »  

IP Logged

Sham
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Random Effects
on Named Loot! - No one
ever

Reply #37 - Aug 28th, 2011 at 5:57am
Print Post  
I always kick myself afterwards for falling into these useless petty arguments (both sides to blame). I admit my drama constitution is getting weaker as I can no longer stomach stupid arguments. It never goes beyond I think your guild is shitty, you think we are arrogant, and on and on. I need to better my lurk-fu, so go ahead add your absolutely necessary last words in. Lurk, lurk, lurk.
« Last Edit: Aug 28th, 2011 at 6:30am by Sham »  

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #38 - Aug 28th, 2011 at 8:20pm
Print Post  
Inkblack wrote on Aug 26th, 2011 at 11:19am:
OK, we have another run scheduled.  Here's what I posted as far as changes to strat:

Part 1:
  • Lock down or kite the Judge.  An evasion might be the way to go here, similar to Suluu in Part 3.  Thoughts?
  • Featherfall ON so that you can get off the wall if you get blown away.
  • Kill Jailor first up top until the hounds show, then move to the SOUTH dog room when it is available.  When you zone in, it's on the RIGHT.  If we get blown off, we'll fight him under the entry way (out of the lava) until the door opens up.

Part 2:  No change.

Part 3:
  • Bard keeps Displacement up on everyone else until Suluu dead, then trash killers until complete.
  • Healers get Mass Invis and don't do anything to make it drop (nothing offensive including auras).
  • Assign 3-4 to kill trash when required.  One person will stay out of the fight and keep an eye out for trash (monk?), the others can DPS in between.  We must keep the trash dead.

How did the run go?

We did one last night and it wasn't too great but got it done.

Very fun, but beginning to wonder why when only 2 sanura's rings and another crappy ring drop, given the extra time it takes to form.

Practice teamwork for the new raids I guess.

Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor WF FvS 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 18 - Splatsplat 18/2 DoSIII

IP Logged

ScaredyCat
Ex Member

Reply #39 - Aug 28th, 2011 at 9:08pm
Print Post  
Sham wrote on Aug 28th, 2011 at 5:57am:
I always kick myself afterwards for falling into these useless petty arguments (both sides to blame). I admit my drama constitution is getting weaker as I can no longer stomach stupid arguments. It never goes beyond I think your guild is shitty, you think we are arrogant, and on and on. I need to better my lurk-fu, so go ahead add your absolutely necessary last words in. Lurk, lurk, lurk.

*spanks

(Just in case your own self flagellation was not enough. Lots of people know that you are better than this. Fun + kindness + good player trumps good players only any day. )

IP Logged

ScaredyCat
Ex Member

Reply #40 - Aug 28th, 2011 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
Felgor wrote on Aug 28th, 2011 at 8:20pm:
How did the run go?

We did one last night and it wasn't too great but got it done.

Very fun, but beginning to wonder why when only 2 sanura's rings and another crappy ring drop, given the extra time it takes to form.

Practice teamwork for the new raids I guess.

I bags the judge next time part 1. By myself.

IP Logged

Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Reply #41 - Aug 28th, 2011 at 11:13pm
Print Post  
Felgor wrote on Aug 28th, 2011 at 8:20pm:
How did the run go?

Posted it for Tuesday.  We have a 48 hour rule (have to post raids 48 hrs in advance for them to "count", and I was out of town all weekend.  Monday is my pen and paper night for the semester, so Tuesday it is.

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #42 - Aug 28th, 2011 at 11:19pm
Print Post  
Inkblack wrote on Aug 28th, 2011 at 11:13pm:
Posted it for Tuesday.  We have a 48 hour rule (have to post raids 48 hrs in advance for them to "count", and I was out of town all weekend.  Monday is my pen and paper night for the semester, so Tuesday it is.

Hmm "count"? I guess you at least get everyone on their best toons?
I throw out "Elite ToD in an hour" in our channel and pray that we get some dps lol.
Last night was lacking yada yada took some pots yada yada.

Goodluck let us know how it goes. I like hearing how others do Elite ToD and any cool stories from the run.

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #43 - Aug 29th, 2011 at 10:49am
Print Post  

Advice for later. Instead of giving a short speech that you are going to shut up, just shut up.

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

ScaredyCat
Ex Member

Reply #44 - Aug 29th, 2011 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
JC wrote on Aug 29th, 2011 at 10:49am:
Advice for later. Instead of giving a short speech that you are going to shut up, just shut up.

Good advice around here only because of the vultures. In which case JC, why are you suggesting removing the vulture bait? Kinda counter culture really.

Hey Fel, if my 10 con clonk can solo heal eChrono then can I kite part 1 on her?

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #45 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 12:53am
Print Post  
Quote:
Kinda counter culture really.

I like to throw big rocks in the pool that we call culture. Big candy colored rocks.

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #46 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 1:22am
Print Post  
Quote:
Good advice around here only because of the vultures. In which case JC, why are you suggesting removing the vulture bait? Kinda counter culture really.

Hey Fel, if my 10 con clonk can solo heal eChrono then can I kite part 1 on her?

All depends on the party. I know you will heal well and throw mass protection from energy without me asking. If there is an extra healer then sure. Or even if the other healer is good, they can heal on the judge and you kite until the elementals are dead. Then let an arcane take over kiting and go help on the Judge.

Either way, I really really hate DoTs on Horned Devil's in raids. Just messes up agro so much.

IP Logged

Dzabe
Korthos Resident

Reply #47 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 3:06am
Print Post  
Did an elite ToD last night with guys from Revenants, some Helpers and few misc including me. Tod leet is a breeze when you have multiple FvS and Revenants at that.  Smiley

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #48 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 9:21am
Print Post  
Dzabe wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 3:06am:
Did an elite ToD last night with guys from Revenants, some Helpers and few misc including me. Tod leet is a breeze when you have multiple FvS and Revenants at that.  Smiley

It all comes down to DPS and healers who don't shit themselves and can conserve resources.  If you see people swinging LitIIs on Horuth in an Elite ToD grab your ankles.

Quote:

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #49 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 9:22am
Print Post  

Lost power and I lost interest.

But to answer two questions...

Sham wrote on Aug 28th, 2011 at 5:38am:
Shoot me, I haven't done TOD for a while since I don't need to. From a caster perspective  that is still sound advice. I'm not mistaken. The orthons in part 3 have the mark of shavarath and since that is intended, I'm assuming it is a bug since the epic change.

Directly from the U9 release notes:

Death effects have been adjusted to allow for the removal of many death immunities from the game.

Reading.  It's Fantastic.

Sham wrote on Aug 28th, 2011 at 5:38am:
Your melees don't hold a candle to anybody's

How do I measure myself against other gamers?  By height.
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2011 at 9:30am by Eladiun »  

Quote:

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint