Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Say goodbye to Leap of Faith (Read 35016 times)
rest
One Man Wolfpack

Say goodbye to Leap of Faith
Aug 22nd, 2011 at 10:02pm
Print Post  
I never actually made a FvS. But I do have a monk and an air sorc Sad

http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=4013168&postcount=69
Torc:
Quote:
Thanks for the feedback guys. They'll be some tweaks coming in soon, and many bug fixes. There are still bits of complexity to the Lord of Blades that we hope to be to realized Artificer raid as well.

I'll toss out a few general hints that hopefully won't spoil to much. I'll try to be vague.

1. Epic just isn't epic without an anti rezz mechanic. We won't be turning off raise dead entirely but it will get more difficult to raise your dead on the harder difficulties.

2. We hope to enhance the player side of "Power of the Forge" more if you care to try it out again next patch.

3. I think you'll see the LOB pet hounds stick around more, their self heal mechanic was bugged

4. Alot of talk about Wing Clip & Favored Souls...You and us both. We're looking into that and yet.. we are concerned, like globally on a system wide scale concerned about leap kiting abilities being too uber, making the run and gun trivial and cutting melee players out of boss fights while their at it.

*putting on my official party popping hat*

Leap of faith, among other abilities, is now under review.

While this ability has been in its current form for some time, our new ventures into the raid space have reminded the systems team just how “uber” these feats are at kiting our bosses. We’ve become very concerned recently in the new post spell pass environment that this form of “boss kiting” over “boss tanking” will side line melee.

Leap of Faith’s original design did not account for continuously or methodically use to be so game deforming and we’re regretting its current parameters so expect them to change…. Very soon.

Please feel free to comment here. We welcome your alpha strike of feedback Our current thinking is to keep this fairly minimal, cool down and or cost adjustments really.

-Torc

P.S. I’m only nerfing you now so I can buff you later.
« Last Edit: Aug 22nd, 2011 at 10:02pm by rest »  

IP Logged

kitsune_ko
Titan Demolisher

Halfling Pali-Rogues FTW!

Re: Say goodbye to Leap of Faith
Reply #1 - Aug 22nd, 2011 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
Tell you what, they can take my FvS's "Leap of Faith" when they screw the monks over as well; and permanently reverse their decision to add "Fly" as a casters spell in a future update.

Otherwise, Turbine Devs are just being hypocritical fuckwads as per usual; taking special skills/abilities from one class; and then give something better to their pet class yet again.

So its gamebreaking for a FvS to be able to leap a wopping 20 feet away from a source of aggro, but giving casters the ability to hover over a fight out of melee range, raining down spells won't be?

Give me a break Turbine.

*EDITE*

Seriously; one person crys about certain classes potential kiting ability, and Turbines on it like flys on fresh shit? They dont reply to 99% of players suggestions but as soon as a "Nerf them; they can do something I cannot" pops up, they are all over it.

God forbid they actually design content intellegently, or allow for multiple ways of doign something. Instead, just keep hammering away with the nerf-bat until players have no other options left and are forced to do things how you wanted them to do it in the first place. Wonderful fucking plan Turbine, that always makes the players happy.

Know what? I dont think WF having natural disease, poison immunity and FoM are fair.

My trees can get diseased; My trees can also get poisoned and die. What the hell makes a WF so special then? After all they are not "Robots" which would of couse be naturally immune to poinsion and disease, but living wood constructs; am I not right?

Perhaps the next "Read by a Dev" nerf should be this then. it should be an unpopular enough idea to piss most of the players off; it seems to be what Turbine trys hard to achieve most of the time now anyways.

The wonderful thing about bitch-nerfs, it that they never, never will end. Someone will always be able to do something someone else cannnot and the "Nerf them! Its unfair!" cry rises again.

Turbine needs to get their heads out of their asses on this one. Leave "kiting" ability the fuck alone. Its been in game and used in quests/raids/ect. forever; why now is it suddenly game-breakingly broken that it needs immedieate attention?
« Last Edit: Aug 22nd, 2011 at 10:43pm by kitsune_ko »  

"Shiny stuff comes and goes; XP is forever."

2008-10-15: Full frontal Nerdity

IP Logged

Amorosy
Korthos Resident

Reply #2 - Aug 22nd, 2011 at 10:29pm
Print Post  
Among other abilities will probably get monks in there too. If they make the stuff significantly worse it'll be the first nerf I've ever actually cared about.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Aug 22nd, 2011 at 10:29pm
Print Post  
Well, to be fair, they're still very far from putting Fly into the game at all.  The game just isn't made to be three dimensional as of yet.

I'd also be utterly shocked if Abundant Step and Wind Dance managed to come away from this unscathed, tbh, unless I don't understand some sort of huge difference between them and Leap of Faith.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #4 - Aug 22nd, 2011 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
My guess would be they are going to slap a 60 second cooldown on it.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Vissarion
DQ Assaulter

Reply #5 - Aug 22nd, 2011 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
Well fuck.

Theologians don't know nothin' about my soul

IP Logged

kitsune_ko
Titan Demolisher

Reply #6 - Aug 22nd, 2011 at 11:04pm
Print Post  
Well; it will be one interesting cluster-fuck if this happens I can say. Tanks got nerfed, so they cannot dependably hold aggro; kiters get nerfed so the bosses cannot be kited.

So bascially its going to be a free-for-all, with the raid/party playing an exciting game of "Guess who has the aggro now?" every time in a boss fight? Give me a break.

Just man the fuck up Turbine and just say "We royally fucked up; DoTs are overpowered; we really need to fix this". Instead of swinging the nerf-bat trying to make your poorly implemented idea work.

if kiting and DoTs are an overly effective boss killing strategy, I am betting that Kiting is not the real problem; its been in game a hell of a lot longer then DoTs were.

Typical Turbine, break everything trying to adapt the players to the problem, instead of just fixing the damn problem.
« Last Edit: Aug 22nd, 2011 at 11:05pm by kitsune_ko »  

IP Logged

sweez
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Aug 22nd, 2011 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
Typical Turbine in 5 easy steps

1) design something flashy that looks good on preview videos and splash screens without any account for metagame, future plans, etc
2) hand it over to the "test servers", where nothing really happens (I guess they've officially acknowledged their test servers are useless by giving the XP bonus on Lama together with the unavailability of LR/vet status into an artificer, so we can actually test, not preview, TEST the class for them Roll Eyes)
3) release it live, people that actually play the game meta the shit out of it
4) they sell shitloads of monks/fvs in the store
5) NERF TIME

IP Logged

ScaredyCat
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Aug 22nd, 2011 at 11:21pm
Print Post  
They're so frigging boring to level compared to a cleric. Far out. Getting wings at 17 was the only thing that made it tolerable for me.

So going the THF barbarian splash while leveling next time and screw healing.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #9 - Aug 22nd, 2011 at 11:52pm
Print Post  
I doubt Abundant Step will be nerfed.

Lormyr said:
Quote:
The key point is that monks cannot effectively and continually combat an enemy while using abundant step. A favored soul can do so while using leap of faith, and often benefits from doing so.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=4013543#post4013543

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #10 - Aug 22nd, 2011 at 11:52pm
Print Post  

Everything Good Will Be Taken AwayTM

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #11 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 12:05am
Print Post  
I really wish shade would just shut the fuck up from time to time.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #12 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 12:05am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Aug 22nd, 2011 at 11:52pm:
I doubt Abundant Step will be nerfed.

Lormyr said:
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=4013543#post4013543

Awwwwww how cute is your optimism??

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 12:19am
Print Post  
As much as I am sad to see it go, it's a much deserved nerf.  Wings are so overpowered compared to clerics.

IP Logged

rev Jim
American Azog

I GOT VEINS

Reply #14 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 12:20am
Print Post  
kitsune_ko wrote on Aug 22nd, 2011 at 10:15pm:
Tell you what, they can take my FvS's "Leap of Faith" when they screw the monks over as well; and permanently reverse their decision to add "Fly" as a casters spell in a future update.

Otherwise, Turbine Devs are just being hypocritical fuckwads as per usual; taking special skills/abilities from one class; and then give something better to their pet class yet again.

So its gamebreaking for a FvS to be able to leap a wopping 20 feet away from a source of aggro, but giving casters the ability to hover over a fight out of melee range, raining down spells won't be?

Give me a break Turbine.

*EDITE*

Seriously; one person crys about certain classes potential kiting ability, and Turbines on it like flys on fresh shit? They dont reply to 99% of players suggestions but as soon as a "Nerf them; they can do something I cannot" pops up, they are all over it.

God forbid they actually design content intellegently, or allow for multiple ways of doign something. Instead, just keep hammering away with the nerf-bat until players have no other options left and are forced to do things how you wanted them to do it in the first place. Wonderful fucking plan Turbine, that always makes the players happy.

Know what? I dont think WF having natural disease, poison immunity and FoM are fair.

My trees can get diseased; My trees can also get poisoned and die. What the hell makes a WF so special then? After all they are not "Robots" which would of couse be naturally immune to poinsion and disease, but living wood constructs; am I not right?

Perhaps the next "Read by a Dev" nerf should be this then. it should be an unpopular enough idea to piss most of the players off; it seems to be what Turbine trys hard to achieve most of the time now anyways.

The wonderful thing about bitch-nerfs, it that they never, never will end. Someone will always be able to do something someone else cannnot and the "Nerf them! Its unfair!" cry rises again.

Turbine needs to get their heads out of their asses on this one. Leave "kiting" ability the fuck alone. Its been in game and used in quests/raids/ect. forever; why now is it suddenly game-breakingly broken that it needs immedieate attention?

I agree with you....
this time.... Undecided

Quote:
Rev. Jim.
He is the only guy here that posts quality, you should all learn from him.

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #15 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 12:51am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Aug 22nd, 2011 at 10:46pm:
My guess would be they are going to slap a 60 second cooldown on it.

Either a longer cooldown or switching it over to an action boost based mechanic.

IP Logged

TDarkchylde
Dragon Raider

It's just a simulation...

Reply #16 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 12:52am
Print Post  
rest wrote on Aug 23rd, 2011 at 12:05am:
I really wish shade would just shut the fuck up from time to time.

I wish he'd drown. Or die in a fire. Or go play in traffic. His ego is annoying.

AIM  
IP Logged

kitsune_ko
Titan Demolisher

Reply #17 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 1:22am
Print Post  
rev Jim wrote on Aug 23rd, 2011 at 12:20am:
I agree with you....
this time.... Undecided

It hurts less each time it happens I am told Cheesy

I do also have to agree with Shade having himself a healthy dose of "Shut the fuck up".

So he drags a raid party full of DoT/divine casters into the new raid, dominates it (just like every other raid/party ran by all DoT/divine parties from epic on down) and then promptly declares its broken and insists on kiting nerfs for FvS.

And you know once the nerf-bats out; every potential kiters going to get a few licks from it; because thats just how Turbine rolls. Fixng shit? not so great with that, but nerfing? they got that skill down pat.

The problem isnt kiting; its that a full caster/divine party can effortlessly boot-fuck any content, any difficulty in game currently.

Up to and including their new content; which is really what Turbines got its panties in a bunch over I imagine.

Delveloping what is supposed to be the hardest raid ever designed for DDO so far, and their most challenging content, then finding that a full DoT/Divine raid party just bent over their supposed Elite Lord of Blades and made him their little Nancy-boy-bitch has to hurt their egos considerably.

Shade runs content with the most powerful classes in game, them pisses and moans that it was to easy for him.

Want more of a challenge Shade? Don't run with full DoT casting parties then; its just that easy. But no.. Lets fuck everyone over because Shade just HAS to hit the biggest easy button currently available to him in DDO, then has the balls to bitch online that it's TOO easy for his liking.

I have one precious gem of a saying/insult I got from a Malay friend of mine quite a few years ago that I still drag out for special occasions. It is actually the politest, and the most funniest way I have ever heard of for telling somone to please fuck off and die.

"Shade; Please go die far far, la."

*EDITE*

I did just notice Torc's little typo there as well in his "goodie! I get to nerf something not broken!" post of joy.

*putting on my official party popping hat*

I just had the most wonderful mental image of him sitting down getting ready to get his nerf-groove on; pulling on his hat and having his head promply pop like a balloon pricked with a pin.

It was quite therapeutic Grin
« Last Edit: Aug 23rd, 2011 at 2:42am by kitsune_ko »  

IP Logged

Memnir
Shroud Slacker

A little bit different

Reply #18 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 3:01am
Print Post  
I don't have a FvS.

This is a bullshit change.

To stop a nosebleed: apply pressure
To start a nosebleed: apply greater pressure in short, rapid bursts

IP Logged

Calvet
Puppy Farmer

I take stroke pills!

Reply #19 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 3:12am
Print Post  
Memnir wrote on Aug 23rd, 2011 at 3:01am:
I don't have a FvS.

This is a bullshit change.

Depends what the final change is I suppose.  Extra sp, longer cooldown is a lazy fix.  If they could implement a more level playing field fix where chains and red alert affect Fvs, monks etc the same as everyone else, it's possible more people would be able to take that on the chin and just adapt.

Epoch wrote on Nov 29th, 2011 at 1:22am:
You do what i do when people say I don't have to drink pots? I dot the boss and use BBs on the trash and say, " Aww shucks, im outta sp."

Quote:
Now I am a very bad cleric. I just wait like a vulture for everyone to die. 

Light a man a fire and he will be warm for the night.  Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #20 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 7:59am
Print Post  
I loved my Soul so much that I genned another one to play while she's doing the past life rounds.

Sad

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #21 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 8:09am
Print Post  
Let's just hope it's just a timer change, for the sake of folks used to it by now (I don't have any toons with it...yet).  All-in-all, it is a bit OP in terms of kiting and DPSing at the same time and I'm sure it wasn't just Shade that caused them to revisit it.

Shade's big fat mouth certainly created a nice spotlight onto it, but I'd be surprised if nobody else had been trying to bend Turbine's ear about it.  He just whined because the FvS was busy doing two jobs and neither of them was healing his sorry ass.

I'd be ok with a timer, or a boost mechanic, but I'm not too happy about the nerfbat this time as it was a welcome respite to have the FvS able to take over as backup kiter in ToD or when the fit hits the shan in other raids allowing the rest of the party to regroup and rebuff.

C'est la vie...

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

tico
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 8:11am
Print Post  

Come on folks its easy

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 8:27am
Print Post  
tico wrote on Aug 23rd, 2011 at 8:11am:

Gonna laugh for days if they finally get around to tacking on str for touch spells, and dex for rays (dots seeming at least to act like rays atm) vs AC, after all these years of "max caster stat rest con".

Minmaxer tears taste delicious.
« Last Edit: Aug 23rd, 2011 at 8:28am by »  

IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #24 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 10:36am
Print Post  
i just want to point out those of you who think abundant step on a monk is unbalanced or deserves a nerf needs to learn a lot more about DDO or take the emotions out of it. i understand youre probably upset one of the most OP things in ddo is getting nerfed but theres no reason to randomly spout nonsense. and if you didnt see a change coming to leap of faith you really are dense. i love it when people put all their eggs into the biggest strongest basket then someone comes along and takes a shit in it. im not an advocator of nerfs but it does make me laugh to see people cry about it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Send TopicPrint