Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Say goodbye to Leap of Faith (Read 35046 times)
JakLee
Bailiff

Monotremes and Money

Re: Say goodbye to Leap of Faith
Reply #100 - Aug 25th, 2011 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Aug 24th, 2011 at 8:18pm:
When you're whining about how bullshit and UNFAIR [sic] something is, it's hard to take your claim to not be mad seriously. 

Besides which, you stated this:

In other words, you think it's reasonable that other people are getting mad (e.g., kitsune) but not you.  You're too cool for that.  Maybe if you scream BULLSHIT louder, people will believe you. 

actually I was calling bullshit on your previous post - not on the change - the change, though I think is unecessary is just that, a change

Quote:
You're just getting worked up over nothing.  If ur gonna get mad every time a game company nerfs something in an MMO that you play, might I suggest that you're leading yourself for an early heart attack.  Nerfs happens. 

And honestly, if you didn't see this nerf coming, you and I haven't been playing the same FvS class.

I am calling bullshit on your post there - see my previous posts for why

from Preamus: Quote:
at least i'm agnostic so while I "think" you're full of crap I don't "know" you're full of crap

Strakeln wrote on Feb 1st, 2012 at 10:37pm:
JakLee will be the bailiff.  He's got a stun gun and everything.

Have you seen my platypus?
There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who need closure.

IP Logged

Sirea
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #101 - Aug 25th, 2011 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
They act like the only reason a FvS can kite at all is because they have wings.

Any class in this game can run monsters in circles long enough for the rest of the group to beat the boss down. It's not fucking rocket science. You don't need fancy wings or Abundant Step or Wind Dance or a can of Red Bull jammed up your ass to be able to kite monsters in DDO. Kiting's even falling by the wayside in places like ToD; last time I was consistently playing the game, more and more groups were tanking the shadows rather than kiting them, and I doubt much has changed in the month or two since I went on break.

As usual Turbine does a big "swing and a miss" on their ability to understand their own game. It's almost embarrassing at times. I've tried really hard to be respectful of them because I had a great time at their booth at PAX East this year and even have them to thank for never having to pay for DDO again. But I still remember the look on Fernando's face when he found out we used 3 sorcs to beat their Crystal Cove challenge. And every time they try to "balance" the game they end up breaking/nerfing shit that isn't broken to begin with, and insisting that it can't possibly be the incredibly OP abilities  that came out with the latest Mod, because that stuff is still shiny! and new! and still causing them to rake in the cash.

IP Logged

kitsune_ko
Titan Demolisher

Halfling Pali-Rogues FTW!

Reply #102 - Aug 25th, 2011 at 9:36pm
Print Post  
That they are going to nerf seems a done deal, its in the release notes, already live on Lam, and I see they decided to go with the "Fuck you all, fuck you all hard" option of total game limited use plus slipping in a little extra bonus of "Fuck you more yet" by doubling the SP cost as well.

They still have not justified this nerf (but then "revenge and spite" is not exactly something the Devs can add to the release notes).

How can you change something in-game that is immensely popular; and a fucking base CLASS skill; and not have to explain yourself to anyone as to why you did it or what result you want from it?

Once its changed, its never getting changed back. Because that means admitting your wrong, and the Devs will happily eat glass and drink battery acid, as we have seen from their behaviour over the last few days, before admitting something they did could possibly be flawed or wrong.

They are fucking the whole class over because of what a few players did embarrassed them; and they don't even have the courtesy to make up a lie about why its necessary.
« Last Edit: Aug 26th, 2011 at 1:39am by kitsune_ko »  

"Shiny stuff comes and goes; XP is forever."

2008-10-15: Full frontal Nerdity

IP Logged

- Jay
Korthos Resident

RAWR~!

Reply #103 - Aug 26th, 2011 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
Wind dance is getting the change too but no one gives a shit about it apparently >_>
honestly though, i find it quite ridiculous that people make such a HUGE deal out of a change like this...
would it  be better if they up the SP cost to 100 SP per leap instead?

and kitsune, didn't they do some change before that they later revert back because it was really stupid how it turned out? couldn't remember what it was exactly though o_O

oh, and they did nerf the crap out of twf remember? Cheesy were their excuse good enough for people? not really but people eventually got over it.

i'm sure you FvS users will find the best way to manage the 5 use/15 sec regen and still enjoy it, unless you plan to just use it to zerg through everything to begin with, which is why i suspect the devs really want to get rid of
« Last Edit: Aug 26th, 2011 at 1:03pm by - Jay »  
AIM  
IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #104 - Aug 26th, 2011 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
- Jay wrote on Aug 26th, 2011 at 12:59pm:
Wind dance is getting the change too but no one gives a shit about it apparently >_>

Changing the cooldown from 6s to 3s was a very nice change for the Ari Savants.

Edit:  Just noticed my typo.  Apparently, there's a new PrE that has bonus spells of Summon Matzoh Golem and Pareve Bolt.
« Last Edit: Aug 26th, 2011 at 1:08pm by popejubal »  

fnord

IP Logged

- Jay
Korthos Resident

RAWR~!

Reply #105 - Aug 26th, 2011 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Aug 26th, 2011 at 1:02pm:

but they also have the 5 use / 15 sec regen restriction now
which is what most people are complaining about
« Last Edit: Aug 26th, 2011 at 1:07pm by - Jay »  
AIM  
IP Logged

Cor
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #106 - Aug 26th, 2011 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
- Jay wrote on Aug 26th, 2011 at 1:06pm:
but they also have the 5 use / 15 sec regen restriction now
which is what most people are complaining about

Sure, it's a mixed bag.

But I'd take the new version over the old one, myself.

IP Logged

Gornin
Ex Member

Reply #107 - Aug 26th, 2011 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Aug 26th, 2011 at 1:02pm:

Edit:  Just noticed my typo.  Apparently, there's a new PrE that has bonus spells of Summon Matzoh Golem and Pareve Bolt.

Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Tickdoff Tank
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #108 - Aug 26th, 2011 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
kitsune_ko wrote on Aug 25th, 2011 at 9:36pm:
That they are going to nerf seems a done deal, its in the release notes, already live on Lam, and I see they decided to go with the "Fuck you all, fuck you all hard" option of total game limited use plus slipping in a little extra bonus of "Fuck you more yet" by doubling the SP cost as well.

They still have not justified this nerf (but then "revenge and spite" is not exactly something the Devs can add to the release notes).

How can you change something in-game that is immensely popular; and a fucking base CLASS skill; and not have to explain yourself to anyone as to why you did it or what result you want from it?

Once its changed, its never getting changed back. Because that means admitting your wrong, and the Devs will happily eat glass and drink battery acid, as we have seen from their behaviour over the last few days, before admitting something they did could possibly be flawed or wrong.

They are fucking the whole class over because of what a few players did embarrassed them; and they don't even have the courtesy to make up a lie about why its necessary.

If the change to the Wings nerfs your whole class then you are useless, ignorant, and not worth the time to speak with.  Shut the fuck up and get over it, or better yet, leave the fucking game and never come back.

IP Logged

Combat Wombat
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #109 - Aug 26th, 2011 at 11:14pm
Print Post  
this change is worth it just for all the rage quit posts its creating *priceless*

IP Logged

kitsune_ko
Titan Demolisher

Reply #110 - Aug 27th, 2011 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
Oh, I am not in "rage quitting" mode now, I am in full "rage shit-disturbing" mode.

They only wish I was quitting over this fuck-up of theirs Grin

IP Logged

Neouni
Korthos Resident

May contain nuts

Reply #111 - Aug 29th, 2011 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Aug 24th, 2011 at 12:19pm:
Here is a little hint. The top "power gamers" are short manning shroud. If they want some light comedy they invite a pug to tease/make fun of so the gimpier the better.

Actually when we have a party to shortmen something, we usually ask the question if we should add some 'comic relief' meaning puggers

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #112 - Aug 29th, 2011 at 8:13pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Aug 24th, 2011 at 8:28am:
If I could get my FVS past level 15, I might care.

Wait, Weren't you talking about your FvS in epics in another thread?

JDollar wrote on Aug 24th, 2011 at 12:19pm:
Here is a little hint. The top "power gamers" are short manning shroud. If they want some light comedy they invite a pug to tease/make fun of so the gimpier the better.

I put "Idiots, noobs and drunks Welcome" in all my runs but that doesn't make me a "power gamer" or anything. I suck at this game. I fail those runs some times but in the end i feel its worth it.

I may change it to "Gimps, noobs and drunks Welcome" from now on though. Idiots are a challenge I don't think I'm ready for yet. Had an epic fail the likes of which I have never seen the other day in part 2. We had the lieutenants die and come back about 9 times.

"I have done over a hundred shrouds and I have never seen part 2 go that badly." - pug monk

"I can not believe we stayed alive that long with how that went" - pug rogue
« Last Edit: Aug 29th, 2011 at 8:16pm by JC »  

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #113 - Aug 29th, 2011 at 8:57pm
Print Post  
I was, I got it past 15. Which WAS capped and running  epics, and will be again in a few days.  Leveling is a chore and hated on any build.  Cap, is where the fun is at for me.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

ahti
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #114 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 4:02am
Print Post  
time to get rocket boots on your cleric!

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #115 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 4:52am
Print Post  
ahti wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 4:02am:
time to get rocket boots on your cleric!

you have no idea...It's not only the clerics.

I want some for my clerics, my bard, my rogue, well everybody.

Now managing to farm 19 is going to take some time if they drop at the same rate as Dreamspitter drops in Reaver.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Auran
Stormreaver Piker

www.drama.yourserver
.ok?

Reply #116 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 6:24am
Print Post  
Cor wrote on Aug 26th, 2011 at 2:05pm:
Sure, it's a mixed bag.

But I'd take the new version over the old one, myself.

To be honest, I only use it on my sorc when travelling, when trying to bridge a gap or in those Oh shit! moments when I really need to get away from something. I think the fact it has had a 6 second cooldown makes me more careful when I use it during quests. You are more likely to save it for when you need it.

Maybe that is what they intended the ability to be used for, who knows.

Opinions are like paraplegic circus penguins, no-one likes it when you shove one down their throat.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #117 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 8:20am
Print Post  
I just wish they'd not put it on cooldown outside instances. I love zipping around the marketplace Sad

Edit: Zunez has put up a petition to that effect, if anyone is feeling civic minded.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=337569
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2011 at 8:52am by Terebinthia »  

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #118 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 9:31am
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 8:20am:
I just wish they'd not put it on cooldown outside instances. I love zipping around the marketplace Sad

Edit: Zunez has put up a petition to that effect, if anyone is feeling civic minded.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=337569

It sounds like a good idea, but it would probably be a nightmare to code, and if they did code it, it will do something weird to monk wraps or cause the Abbot to eat helmets when you have asteroids.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #119 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 10:17am
Print Post  
Or the regeneration in public areas could just recharge clickies at a slower rate than tavern regeneration.  Something like an extra action point boost every 15 seconds as opposed to completely filling them after 2 minutes or whatever it is in taverns.

IP Logged

kitsune_ko
Titan Demolisher

Reply #120 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
They actually did change it today (supposedly) that in non-combat zones (IE Harbor, Marketplace, ect.) the old unlimited 3 sec bursts are now available, at the new 10SP a shot use (pity about that; a lot of spamming is going to mean a visit to the tavern now each time I think).

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=338530

They did not include the adventure/wilderness maps which is also a pity; but at least I can spam the shit out of it to get across city zone maps and between houses once again.

Still not happy with the "Leap of Faith" nerf in any way; but at least they mostly un-fucked the "fun/convienience factor" nerfing part of it that was pissing me off the most about it all.
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2011 at 8:48pm by kitsune_ko »  

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #121 - Sep 1st, 2011 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
kitsune_ko wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 8:48pm:
They did not include the adventure/wilderness maps which is also a pity

You will still get there faster than anyone who can't use leap or its equivalent.

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

Emili
Shroud Slacker

Reply #122 - Sep 1st, 2011 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
- Jay wrote on Aug 26th, 2011 at 12:59pm:
honestly though, i find it quite ridiculous that people make such a HUGE deal out of a change like this...
would it  be better if they up the SP cost to 100 SP per leap instead?

and kitsune, didn't they do some change before that they later revert back because it was really stupid how it turned out? couldn't remember what it was exactly though o_O

oh, and they did nerf the crap out of twf remember? Cheesy were their excuse good enough for people? not really but people eventually got over it.

i'm sure you FvS users will find the best way to manage the 5 use/15 sec regen and still enjoy it, unless you plan to just use it to zerg through everything to begin with, which is why i suspect the devs really want to get rid of

Is exactly why they took it... Was just too easy to build even a first life FvS and wing thru something like epic deeps alone while dropping BB's along the way to keep the DA in check. Hell a couple dots on the boss and wing round the room with some BB's and you're good too.

When they beat the new raid most of it was done that way too... including the end boss fight. Funny heard elite is actually harder than epic due the saves. Wink

Main reason ToD don't work so well are end bosses are teleporters.

Back when DQ came out we were ranger soloing not long after... You'd go in with a lvl 12 ranger on elite with a couple wands a silver bow and some cold iron arrows... get a circle pattern going, take a woe to the gnolls - was a sure win nine out of ten. They made that more difficult on that class by turning the archers red.

People toss blame for the nerf on people like Shade while ' am not sure that's bleedin true? The Dev's kept peakin' in on those running the new quests including the new raid... Quite sure the dev's look at piker's fate and ToD as some embarrassment. Von6 and shroud took some effort on live server to be beat first time round... and I can tell they were gloatin' on Titan - bet to them they rate that as their most successful out of them all in state of how long it took before people managed it.
« Last Edit: Sep 1st, 2011 at 8:26pm by Emili »  

|IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 | IMaj7 vim7 | iim7 V13 |III7+  VI9 | iim9  V13 |IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 |IMaj7 vim7 |iim7 V13 |I6  ivm7  bVII9 |I69   |

Bonheur dans la vie, c'est d'aimer et d'etre aimé et quand s'en va, l'espoir fuit.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #123 - Sep 2nd, 2011 at 11:51am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 9:31am:
when you have asteroids.

A bit less meat in your diet and don't sit on cold, hard surfaces. Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]